VN Ren'Py Abandoned Influence [v0.2] [Sofia xxx]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Xeron_Xr

Apr 5, 2020
Well RIP!!!

Hello all of you who support me,
today I received an email and the link to download my recovered data.
They charged me only $650 because the recovery wasn't 100% successful.
My personal data has been recovered, but my scene folder wasn't that lucky.
After looking at what is inside... I am missing characters and locations which I made by myself.
I had time to cool down my emotions and now I am not feeling so down. But still.. I was hoping ...you know. Anyway, it is what it is.
I did invest so much in making the visual novel, not only money, but also time. Many hours sitting on the computer instead of having fun outside. I will keep doing visual novels. I learned a good lesson.
For all of you who have supported me with money and good encouraging words:
THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I understand that you came because you liked "Influence" . Unfortunately I will not be able to continue this novel. I will completely and 100% understand if you remove your support. Maybe this would be even better.
I will create a few short stories. If you like them you can come back and help me again. Let me prove that I can deliver you a complete story. I will start working right away.
Please, keep an eye on my work. Don't judge me too harshly. It wasn't my fault. If someone wants his money back.. I never did this before and I am not sure how it works, but I do have a button here in Patreon to return some of your money. Please, let me know.
Thank you again for staying close to me and supporting me when I need it.
Yours truly,

Sofia XXX

exter

May 29, 2017
According to the Patreon, it's not abandoned. But, of course the mods and shit here doesn't check Patreon, SS or any site to make sure.
But it is, just check a few post above yours. I underlined the important bit below.

After looking at what is inside... I am missing characters and locations which I made by myself.
I had time to cool down my emotions and now I am not feeling so down. But still.. I was hoping ...you know. Anyway, it is what it is.
I did invest so much in making the visual novel, not only money, but also time. Many hours sitting on the computer instead of having fun outside. I will keep doing visual novels. I learned a good lesson.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I understand that you came because you liked "Influence" . Unfortunately I will not be able to continue this novel.
I will completely and 100% understand if you remove your support. Maybe this would be even better.
I will create a few short stories. If you like them you can come back and help me again. Let me prove that I can deliver you a complete story. I will start working right away.
Please, keep an eye on my work. Don't judge me too harshly. It wasn't my fault. If someone wants his money back.. I never did this before and I am not sure how it works, but I do have a button here in Patreon to return some of your money. Please, let me know.
Yours truly,

Sofia XXX

Reactions: Macinnes

exter

May 29, 2017
It's not. Go check the Patreon.

But doesn't sofia say in this one, that it is not "Influence" but short stories instead? Which means that this game is abandoned. :unsure:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
But doesn't sofia say in this one, that it is not "Influence" but short stories instead? Which means that this game is abandoned. :unsure:
Influence was also written as a short. I think. I personally think the dev should finish this one, even if the characters looks change a bit.

exter

May 29, 2017
... I personally think the dev should finish this one, even if the characters looks change a bit.
Yeah, i agree with you. There wasn't that much in the game anyways and a redo with other (or similar looking chars) wouldn't have been a bad thing. Also, im not a supporter so i dont know, but maybe those short stories are just picture sets instead of RenPy VN's? Anyways, maybe one day we will get more of this game, either as a redo or picture sets, i certainly hope so.

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
i just play it, great one, its such a shame she did not continue this game.

Ryefleex

Jul 4, 2020
Well RIP!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I understand that you came because you liked "Influence" . Unfortunately I will not be able to continue this novel. I will completely and 100% understand if you remove your support. Maybe this would be even better.
Yours truly,

Sofia XXX
can you tell us what the dev said in the newest post of his patreon? If you still support him..
If that new games that he develop, IDK anymore.Why not redo the same thing to finish this game instead of making a new one.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
can you tell us what the dev said in the newest post of his patreon? If you still support him..
If that new games that he develop, IDK anymore.Why not redo the same thing to finish this game instead of making a new one.
Well, because loosing the beginning can be really depressing so you don't want to have anything to do with that anymore. I'm more happy for that the Dev can continue writing at all.

Some 20 years ago I had a bad hard disc crash, nothing to do but to scrap my old and in with a new. Then I started my backup program to take back data from my external disc. I had taken backups every week, so no problem. It was just that every backup was crap, I had never tested my backups (do that!). I lost my novel, nearly finished, about 50 short stories and some hundred poems. I haven't written a single line since then. I've never gotten back my lust to write again. So kudos if we get something at all!!! (y) :love:

Barley

Oct 19, 2020
DEVs in general should be using a version control system like Git. It's free and open source distributed. You can store your project on GiHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc. for free.

Reactions: Before I Forget

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Sad to see this game abandoned, i really liked the start of the story. Hopefully dev in some far future returns to this and remakes it instead of completely abandoning it.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Yeah, i agree with you. There wasn't that much in the game anyways and a redo with other (or similar looking chars) wouldn't have been a bad thing. Also, im not a supporter so i dont know, but maybe those short stories are just picture sets instead of RenPy VN's? Anyways, maybe one day we will get more of this game, either as a redo or picture sets, i certainly hope so.
Yes, as opposed to making the same type of game everyone else is doing, the new game is a setdown compared to this.
Guess I'll be on my way then.

Reactions: Uncommon Sense
4.50 star(s) 10 Votes