a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Anna did try to have sex....but other than that nothing happened normally... even following wiki, only interactive scenes are available.... like she is working, how should I interact with her...I allowed them to eat food with me... going in/going out of the specific room still doesn't trigger some scenes like wiki said...I feel like I am getting older just by playing the game and trying to trigger scenes (I think I have many gray hairs now)
same , this game is weird there is no quest tracker , no scenes nothing they want you to just click clikc and maybe with luck you get something its bad design if your only chance of getting content is wiki and its wiki is waaay outdated ....
The problem with players and this game is, there is no single way to play.
The wiki is there if and I mean if you want to hit some scenes you have not found for your self.

This game was design so the player can do what ever he/she wants and not be confined to quests.
Things will happen at different stat levels.

There is a lot of little scenes all over the house for all slaves during the day and night that you can stumble into.
(They may or may not trigger every day.)
The wiki after reading should give players some idea of how the game works.

This is a very slow paced game that the player can do what ever he/she wants and not be stuck doing quests.
Minor quests will pop up over time and you should have no problem following them.
Figured out how to make the potions and then work on your garden for the components you need.
Breed horses and dogs to make some money.
Go to town and find a job or two.
Go to town and have a drink or two and talk to some of the girls or just walk around town.
Don't worry about triggering scenes just play your way.

Just check the wiki on how to get each npc's that you want to play with and then just play.

Reactions: d183 and JenusKudo

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
The wiki is there if and I mean if you want to hit some scenes you have not found for your self.

This game was design so the player can do what ever he/she wants and not be confined to quests.

There is a lot of little scenes all over the house for all slaves during the day and night that you can stumble into.

This is a very slow paced game that the player can do what ever he/she wants and not be stuck doing quests.
Minor quests will pop up over time and you should have no problem following them.
Figured out how to make the potions and then work on your garden for the components you need.
Go to town and have a drink or two and talk to some of the girls or just walk around town.

Just check the wiki on how to get each npc's that you want to play with and then just play.
To add to this. One needs to think of this game not as a VN but as a sandbox like the Sims. Because that's what it is. It's a playing house simulator with the occasional special event chain thrown in to keep things interesting.

I've been playing this game since 2020, have had at least 3 saves (due to HDD issues, not because I wanted to restart) and have still not seen all the events. And that's fine. Because it's not a treasure hunt. It's a sandbox.

Reactions: a1fox3

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Also I don't know if this is a bug or just not implemented but I would like to report it none the less just for the record. When doing Olivias recruitment events (the one with the phone call) the final one talks about lasting an entire night and part of the morning. But the actual event does not pass any time at all where as it really should. Just noting that.

Southrim

Jun 6, 2017
Hmm, never did that. Maybe it was saved in browser cache? That would explain why it's gone now. Oh well, guess I'll just do a fresh start. Thanks for the reply/tip for the future.
Just to reinforce, yeah, with HTML games always make local saves, consider the save slots as quicksaves. If you still have the same computer and stuff, and play from the same file location on the same browser, they should still be there, though.

To add to this. One needs to think of this game not as a VN but as a sandbox like the Sims. Because that's what it is. It's a playing house simulator with the occasional special event chain thrown in to keep things interesting.

I've been playing this game since 2020, have had at least 3 saves (due to HDD issues, not because I wanted to restart) and have still not seen all the events. And that's fine. Because it's not a treasure hunt. It's a sandbox.
Quite frankly, "it's a sandbox" this isn't an acceptable explanation for the state of game design and user experience. The Sims had goals, discrete goals with discrete ways to reach them with discrete steps. Sure there were random events you couldn't manually trigger, but there was stuff to DO, and, critically, stuff happened without your input - you had to keep doing stuff, or your sim would never, say, take a shower, and that MATTERED. In Inheritance, I can have the MC plug away in the lab for 3 weeks without rest without an issue - they don't have to shower, eat, shit, say hello, go to their job, nothing.

So in Inheritance, if you do nothing, nothing happens, and if you do something, most likely still nothing happens - 90% of clicks in Inheritance do not result in anything happening, which increases to 99.9% as the core girls become familiar with you and you've seen events like Ana teetering on a stepladder dozens and dozens of times. There is no stat building outside money and the three relationship stats despite dozens existing, no job building, nothing that lasts beyond a couple of steps, and the scarce long term stuff like animal training is both incomplete and unrewarding. Some of this is the inherent attributes of a text game and the need to write iterative indications of progress, and this is a beta, but that doesn't change poor development decisions like constantly adding new features without having ANY that are acceptably complete (for fucks sake, how long has "change the decor of this slavers den" been on the to-do list?).

I've called out the time issues before, and they play into this; for example planting the entire greenhouse takes under an hour in game, and a tedious minute of menu cycling to plant and fertilize, and then you don't have to interact with the plants AT ALL until harvest time.

But ultimately, let's be real. We are NOT here to watch plants grow, I can go reinstall Stardew Valley for that. I will never care about the untrainable and unbreedable horses, unless bestiality becomes a thing, which, let's cross that bridge another time. We're not here to replicate working at a movie theater, we're here for the writing and the sex. The game should be focused on that, and actually it is, which is why all the peripheral stuff is underbaked (I am serious, 90 updates in, name ONE thing that feels feature complete). But there's no true requirements or goals in the game beyond the relationship stat building, and no reward for that stat building except new scenes, so you can see why the patch notes emphasize those, and why people are frustrated that they can't find them, because THAT's the focus, and there's nothing to distract them while time cycles unless they hardcore insist on things the game doesn't demand, like taking a shower or going to work.

It's a sandbox, but I'm blindfolded, the sandbox is an entire desert, and I'm just stumbling around trying to feel some boobies. I at least want the blindfold off. And maybe some supplies to build a sandcastle. I'm not saying the game is a lost cause, and I'm not saying you guys don't have a point in it's favor, and hey, I'm here, but I'm serious when I say the game doesn't feel like it's really gone anywhere or done anything but add more and more content that still can't be found because *gestures at blindfold*.

For example, the comment about the decor. That's an easy fix, I don't even need graphical support. Just have Ana adding new books to the library, Eve's drawings everywhere, the girls moving into the guest rooms, the orgy paintings replaced except whatever Misaki saves, etc. Make the mansion feel like it's yours (and their's) and things. are. changing. I'm not aware of anything along those lines except Olivia adding flowers, which really has been an appreciated touch.

Last edited:

Pooptickler

Nov 9, 2017
Man, I haven't played this game for like two years, and I remember it just as I'm going back to work.
What have I missed, how have you guys been.
Wasn't there a guide for this too?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Man, I haven't played this game for like two years, and I remember it just as I'm going back to work.
What have I missed, how have you guys been.
Wasn't there a guide for this too?
There is a wiki but it has not been updated in a long time. (It has a link in the game on the left hand side.)
Read the change log starting from when you last played and you will see all that has been done.

Reactions: Southrim

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Inheritance is like Hentai High School +, but with unclear goals, quest progressions and very little actual content due to the fact it's spread out throughout the game and stats.

Usually there's 5 scenes that repeat themselves throughout the day for each girl, sometimes, a girl only has a couple of those.
There's a painful money mechanic, but there's no downside in simply ignoring it; the mansion just magically summons water, electricity and food and other supplies so the girls can do their household chores, which are there, as far as I understand, just so they are found in different sections of the manor.

The main issue this game has is the vast scope. If someone ignores one of the main two girls, they'll quickly get bored by the scenes by the second week. On the other hand, the painfully slow way the stats grow or lower, is illogical and too game like for immersion.

If the team had 5 dedicated writers, each writing 5k scenes daily, perhaps the game could pick up some steam. A non voice acted scene usually has a ratio of 1 to 25 words. Where for every word in a conversation, 25 will be used to describe and set up the scene and said conversation (not to mention the scenes where there's no words or just like an "ouch" in there).

Skyrim had 60k voiceline words. One can easily make the math of how much it's actually needed. And this game has almost 5 million words of content (the team says). Yet, every month the word count jumps by 5-10k, where it should go up by at least a 100k.

I myself like this type of game but find it necessary to wait years between iterations before stopping mid play due to boredom, lack of content, or simply repeating and unrewarding gameplay. (Thankfully, Eve got some extra content, as diluted as it is, recently)

Reactions: Southrim

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New Inheritance build is live!
Links:
A91 Cheat Build (Includes Cheat Menu. Supporters Only Build. Early Access.

A91 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A90 Public Build (Free Build.):

Reactions: Hacheman

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
What are all the cody scenes? I keep looking but can't really find many.
Most take place inside the gym. A couple are dates outside the gym. Best place to ask for more information would be our discord, they tend to answer questions much faster than I am able.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New Inheritance build is live!

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A92 Cheat Build (Includes Cheat Menu. Supporters Only Build. Early Access.

A92 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A91 Public Build (Free Build.):

Reactions: Hacheman
3.20 star(s) 17 Votes