QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
It's taking longer than I would like, but yes, it's an active thing that we're trying to address. Adding more scenes that will trigger automatically if important or time sensitive over RNG scenes, trying to create additional ways to access content which serves to make that content easier to progress/find AND adds to replayability, and just generally trying to keep enough new content coming to keep everything fresh and to have new things to experience in the game.
Speaking of replayability. I recently tried restarting the game but the restart button didn't reset the stats properly. So I can start the story all over again but the stats remain high. Only they weren't exactly the same but like similar.

Like for example in my current Save Anna has 1168 Affection and after a reset + start she started off with 700. I tried it across multiple versions (since I don't delete old ones) and it's always the same for me going back all the way to V26.

Not sure if anyone else had this problem. But I figure it was worth reporting. Also, in case it matters I am using Firefox to play the game.

Renart

Sep 12, 2020
Just today I finished up a scene where you serve Anna breakfast in bed, it starts in the middle range of relationship and evolves as you move up into better relationship ranges. It doesn't include any mean content though. This scene has a total of 14 variants depending on relationship and whether or not you have children with her.
I approve of this content! (y)

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
It was a ton of fun to write. It started out as a little breakfast in bed, then I started adding new versions for if Anna was a mother, and based on the age and number of kids. It jumped to over 4k words pretty quick and there's a lot of cuteness in it.
Is it repeatable?

FranklyN

May 12, 2018
Speaking of replayability. I recently tried restarting the game but the restart button didn't reset the stats properly. So I can start the story all over again but the stats remain high. Only they weren't exactly the same but like similar.

Like for example in my current Save Anna has 1168 Affection and after a reset + start she started off with 700. I tried it across multiple versions (since I don't delete old ones) and it's always the same for me going back all the way to V26.

Not sure if anyone else had this problem. But I figure it was worth reporting. Also, in case it matters I am using Firefox to play the game.
Were those her stats?
Affection 300
Fear 700
Trust 300

Those are the starting stats for Anna, they differ for each Char though.

Also, how long does pregnancy last in this game? Is it the proper 9 months?
Yeah pretty much, give or take a few days, also if I recall correctly there are plans for Pregnancy speed altering potions in the lab? I think I've read it somewhere on the Wiki but i'm not too sure.

Reactions: hofom77573

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
That sounds uncomfortable.
Aye. As it is right now this game makes Warframe looks like a casual game without grind.

Define shortcuts?
Perfect example is the "return home" option shown when you're now of town.

There should be be options to simply jump to major rooms like the bedroom and dining room without having to go trough the entire house over and over again.

Also, with the sheer degree of button mashing in the game, some form of keyboard shortcut to choose options would be welcome.

Transformation content is tied to the doll system we use for art. As more of that is implemented, more TF items will become available.
The dolls look like the art's ready. Though there is the problem that a LOT of the existing scenes are written based on assumptions of what the character looks like. What happens if someone, say, ages Eve up to look her biological age?

Which parts are "crap"?
The paid late game content that is effectively inaccessible to anyone except the people who paid for it due to the Grind Wall of Westeros that is getting to the required affection levels and then just so happen to be in the right place, at the right time, and having the trigger just happen to go off. Impossible to find in most cases without the Wiki and editing saves or again, the cheat version.

My characters include Anna, Eve, Gaia, Misaki, and Olivia. The other girls in the game are submitted characters by other authors for the most part. Anna, Eve, and Misaki have more sex content than any other character in the game, though Sidra and Mitsuko might come close. Of my five girls, only Olivia doesn't yet have sex content.
Dude. It's your game. Your circus. Your monkeys.

There's a number of basic functions that should just be generally coded with the only real difference being the fluff text. What I'd have suggested was a base slave framework, with basic events that need to be filled out before accepting. A foundation. Code for pregnancy, code for sex. Code for the paper dolls, clothing and gifts, and require people fill out the major events before they're added in because right now the times I do try and play it I've stopped accepting half of them because they really don't add anything.

Seriously, if I could suggest ONE change above all others to the game it would be this: Go from a 1 year, 12 months, 365 day system to a stylized 1 year, 4 season, 120 day system. Would allow for a compression of content (IE boosting rare event trigger chances and increasing stat gains) that would take the edge off the hellish level of grind.

There's a reason most life sim games like Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley, and even Rimworld did it.

A 1 year, 52 week system might work even better. Have it so one day of gameplay represents the highlights of a single week of life.

I'll be honest, right now I enjoy the writing and absolutely hate the game itself yet find myself coming back to it because the writing is good, even if the actual game feels like a purely masochistic experience to play
Also, how long does pregnancy last in this game? Is it the proper 9 months?
Yes.

One of our coders just poked at the photo scene. It looks like if you give it back, she's capable of loosing it again. If you take it, the scene should stop appearing.
So the scene will stop, but only if the PC is a complete monster, and at the same time removing one of the main XP farms for her.

If I had to suggest a scene for that one... option to take the photo and have it framed and restored or something really sweet that would stop the scene and give a massive one time stat bonus. Or something like that.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Seriously, if I could suggest ONE change above all others to the game it would be this: Go from a 1 year, 12 months, 365 day system to a stylized 1 year, 4 season, 120 day system. Would allow for a compression of content (IE boosting rare event trigger chances and increasing stat gains) that would take the edge off the hellish level of grind.
I disagree. Doing that would make the game feel unrealistic and completely break immersion. This game is supposed to feel slow because that is realistic. You can't just undo years of torment in a couple clicks.

And it would do absolutely nothing to change the grind simply because the number on the side of the screen matters zero if you have to click many times over and over again. But they are working on that.

As for the house, I like the current system with having to go through one room to get to the other. It forces you to click through those rooms and thus potentially trigger the events there. Instant travel would make the house look less real but also make the grind much worse because you'd be missing the chance to trigger random events in those rooms that you don't know can be there.

What would be good though is a map of the house on the side of the screen with your current room highlighted and potentially also images for where the other characters are.

Were those her stats?
Affection 300
Fear 700
Trust 300
I could swear that the affection was 700 and not fear. But I'll have to check again when I am free.

Also, is there anywhere where I can buy them some clothes that aren't maid outfits but aren't fetish outfits either? Like a regular plain dress of some sort?

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight 001

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
I think he is complaining about the fact that it's all night inaccessible. Which as I explained it is due to the way the event trigger system currently works. Look at my post for a detailed explanation.
https://f95zone.to/threads/inheritance-va55-aftermath-team.6291/page-100#post-6161631

But long story short, a lot of those events are cool but impossible to access unless you have the wiki open and are willing to grind. Where as they really should be accessible through normal gameplay. So adding more and more of them is counterproductive until such a time that the dev fixes that underlying issue. After all, I can't imagine even the patrons feel super stoked about having to grind just to see their own events.

From what he said though the dev team seems to be well underway toward fixing those issues as we speak. So that's going to be mega cool when it happens.
I've said multiple times that this game is literally unplayable without the cheat version, and even with it the gameplay is insufferable. The development philosophy behind the game is completely wrong-headed, vacillating wildly between absurdly unnecessary pretensions to "realism" (pregnancy taking real world time to play out, seriously?!) and completely immersion-breaking unrealism (characters literally teleporting around the world in the blink of an eye, repeating the same actions over and over again like broken robots, or effectively being in multiple places at once). The event system, and the gameplay in general, is and will always be completely broken.
I disagree. Doing that would make the game feel unrealistic and completely break immersion. This game is supposed to feel slow because that is realistic. You can't just undo years of torment in a couple clicks.

And it would do absolutely nothing to change the grind simply because the number on the side of the screen matters zero if you have to click many times over and over again. But they are working on that.

As for the house, I like the current system with having to go through one room to get to the other. It forces you to click through those rooms and thus potentially trigger the events there. Instant travel would make the house look less real but also make the grind much worse because you'd be missing the chance to trigger random events in those rooms that you don't know can be there.

What would be good though is a map of the house on the side of the screen with your current room highlighted and potentially also images for where the other characters are.

I could swear that the affection was 700 and not fear. But I'll have to check again when I am free.

Also, is there anywhere where I can buy them some clothes that aren't maid outfits but aren't fetish outfits either? Like a regular plain dress of some sort?
"Realism"? The game only has "realism" when it serves to make things grindier. Or aren't you bothered by the fact that you can drive into town and, while it takes you literally 5 minutes to walk inside a building, if you summon someone from the mansion they literally blink into existence in front of you, despite having no way of getting around at all (does Eve have a drivers license?) Or the fact that characters go through the same actions completely at random over and over again? Or that you can walk into the girls' bedroom and find them both sleeping in their beds (even though Anna is assigned to sleep in your bed), then walk out of the room and IMMEDIATELY find them sitting in the servant area playing checkers? The game is NOT realistic.

Last edited:

RylokaLives!

Jul 8, 2021
I've said multiple times that this game is literally unplayable without the cheat version, and even with it the gameplay is insufferable. The development philosophy behind the game is completely wrong-headed, vacillating wildly between absurdly unnecessary pretensions to "realism" (pregnancy taking real world time to play out, seriously?!) and completely immersion-breaking unrealism (characters literally teleporting around the world in the blink of an eye, repeating the same actions over and over again like broken robots, or effectively being in multiple places at once). The event system, and the gameplay in general, is and will always be completely broken.

"Realism"? The game only has "realism" when it serves to make things grindier. Or aren't you bothered by the fact that you can drive into town and, while it takes you literally 5 minutes to walk inside a building, if you summon someone from the mansion they literally blink into existence in front of you, despite having no way of getting around at all (does Eve have a drivers license?) Or the fact that characters go through the same actions completely at random over and over again? Or that you can walk into the girls' bedroom and find them both sleeping in their beds (even though Anna is assigned to sleep in your bed), then walk out of the room and IMMEDIATELY find them sitting in the servant area playing checkers? The game is NOT realistic.
These things bother me too, but it is and will remain one of the best games on here imo for the amount of freedom is gives you and i'm fairly certain the girls WILL have to be present physically in your current location to trigger events eventually. Finding them sleeping then playing drafts will not be a thing forever (do correct me if I'm wrong here but thats the impression I have).

I can't for the life of me find most of the events but I still love this game and always end up coming back to it. The grind is being worked on too as I understand.

Would also very much like this.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020

And I disagree with you massively on every point than. The only thing I agree with is the odd event and character placement. But they are working on that already.

At this point I seriously have to ask why you even play the game if you hate it that much.

Yes, the game is grindy but it is nowhere near unplayable. Not even on the same planet. Sure, you can't expect to discover all the events without cheating or the wiki but the core loop with Ana and Eve is more than entertaining enough. They make me feel warm inside and they entertain me. If I newer knew the other characters existed the game would still be fun because of them.

As for realism YES REALISM. I am sick and tired of games that solve decades of trauma with a fortnight of headpatting or make pregnancy a 30 minute condition. One of my favorite games here completely broke its flow and ruined things for me by making pregnancy last a week and children grow up over night. That's no fun.

This game actually gives me the realistic experience of taking things slow and having them develop properly and that is priceless. It gives me a reason to keep playing more than it takes to clear the checkpoints and get all the events. Shortening that, removing realism, cutting down on pregnancy times or cutting the year down would rape that experience and kill the things that make this game feel unique and lovely.

Bottom line is that this game is about its story and experience. And whilst its delivery could use a lot of work there is still something great in it. And the way to fix what's broken definitively isn't to ruin the things that make it unique and make it just another generic life simulator. Rather it's to introduce a system for tracking character locations properly and a more robust triggering system whilst adding more repeatable events and retaining the slow and realistic pace.

Jun 8, 2017
Would also very much like this.
I could have sworn there were a set of non-fetish clothing or two for at least Anna. I am probably wrong on that though as my memory sucks.

Though from what I've heard, there are plans to add more clothing options for some of the characters in the Mansion.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Basically the difference is that he considers the regular random events in the mansion to be grinding where as I consider them to be the actually fun part of the core gameplay loop. And I only consider grinding to be the part where you are forced to actually grind to get the side characters and special events.

And thus I would argue that the devs should definitively fix the triggers for the later but NOT change the former.

The part where you click through the manor and interact with what ever girl is in the room at the time is great. It is what we need. It just needs a bit fixing in terms of the stuff they are already working on.

This all being said, I can honestly say that as a programmer I feel they should have nailed down such basic core mechanics as proper character tracking and triggering first thing into the project. Content should only have been added afterward.

FranklyN

May 12, 2018
..girls WILL have to be present physically in your current location to trigger events eventually..
Yep, as GateKeeper mentioned, characters will have to be present to trigger events

QQP_Purple I totally agree with you, the whole fluff text or ambient scenes are what makes this game feel alive and imo a big part of the fun!

Jun 8, 2017
Yep, as GateKeeper mentioned, characters will have to be present to trigger events

QQP_Purple I totally agree with you, the whole fluff text or ambient scenes are what makes this game feel alive and imo a big part of the fun!
Well, you'll be happy to know that, word through the great grapevine is, there will be around 6k-7k of ambients submitted in the near future. Though, that could just be rumors.

FranklyN

May 12, 2018
Well, you'll be happy to know that, word through the great grapevine is, there will be around 6k-7k of ambients submitted in the near future. Though, that could just be rumors.
Yeaaah totally just rumors ;)
I'd bet that this plus the roaming feature of the npcs is going to make it feel way more diversified

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Seeing new content, good. Seeing the same content over and over and over and over and over... there's a reason the term is 'ad nauseam'.
Well I enjoy that part. And honestly if you don't odds are this game isn't for you. Or indeed any sort of open world game. Not that we don't need more of those repeatable random events mind you. I'd welcome another 1000. But I for one don't want to see this turn into just another checkpoint to checkpoint game where you constantly tick new boxes and than reach an ending.

This is a game where I could literally spend decades of in game time just cycling through the events and have a comfortable casual enjoyment of it. Sort of like say Dwarf Fortress where time ticks on, you build up your industries etc. The fact it has story events and extra characters is just icing on the cake.

And yes, the fact that those story events are difficult to reach without grinding AND knowing they are there is a significant problem. But that does not mean they should throw the baby out with the bathwater and remove the casual slow open world aspects of the game as well.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes