Leinold

Jun 5, 2019
Coder says he was able to get the ring using your save. Give it a couple more tries, rng might just not like you.
I've tried it again on A40 and it still didn't trigger so I've decided to try it on A41. While it did work there (tried multiple times), my latest save file couldn't load up, citing something missing with the greenhouse. Luckily my older save files worked in A41 to my bewilderment. Just wanted to respond again to thank you and the other coders for helping out. Keep up the good work, been a fan of this game since it's first releases.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I've tried it again on A40 and it still didn't trigger so I've decided to try it on A41. While it did work there (tried multiple times), my latest save file couldn't load up, citing something missing with the greenhouse. Luckily my older save files worked in A41 to my bewilderment. Just wanted to respond again to thank you and the other coders for helping out. Keep up the good work, been a fan of this game since it's first releases.
Glad to be of service, and very happy that you finally found the scene! Hope it lived up to expectations.

On a side note. Added the proposal scene to the game this week. It got quite the response from some of the coders and writers who work on the game. ;)

Oddly

Apr 13, 2019
So i went through Anna/Eve/Gaia without the other Servants. These are the current errors i came across from A40. I'm gonna go through the other servants and see if i can find anything thing else and post after

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So i went through Anna/Eve/Gaia without the other Servants. These are the current errors i came across from A40. I'm gonna go through the other servants and see if i can find anything thing else and post after
Thank you. Added that to my to-do list for tomorrow.

Reactions: Oddly

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Are there any plans to add a map with clickable locations, and to simplify the time to chunks to quarter hours or ten minute increments? The QoL of choosing what your character will do while playing is ways down there compared to the other aspects of the game.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Are there any plans to add a map with clickable locations, and to simplify the time to chunks to quarter hours or ten minute increments? The QoL of choosing what your character will do while playing is ways down there compared to the other aspects of the game.
Yes, we plan to add an interactive map at some point in time. The mansion blueprints in the images folder were actually commissioned as a starting point for that.

realgcock

Jun 2, 2019
Having trouble getting the images to appear on both Microsoft Edge & Chrome, I'm new to these games, and enjoy the art style previewed. Would you mind helping me please? GateKeeper

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Having trouble getting the images to appear on both Microsoft Edge & Chrome, I'm new to these games, and enjoy the art style previewed. Would you mind helping me please? GateKeeper
I'm not GateKeeper, but maybe I can help. Do you have the images in a separate folder from the HTML file? The game should have a separate "images" folder alongside the HTML file.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Have you unzipped the download bundle. You should be able to simply unbundle everything and double click the html. You don't need to move anything.

IceWraith101

Dec 9, 2019
Hey, just wanted to post an error I got when starting a new game. It happened when i went to eat breakfast on the first day.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Hey, just wanted to post an error I got when starting a new game. It happened when i went to eat breakfast on the first day.
What exactly is the error? Little snip of red text? Redundant text? Visible code? Where in the scene does this error appear? In the middle, at the end? Which build are you playing?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build of Inheritance is up!

Links:
A43 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A43 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A42 Public Build: (Free):

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ʎɯɯɐʇ and Reij

realgcock

Jun 2, 2019
Have you unzipped the download bundle. You should be able to simply unbundle everything and double click the html. You don't need to move anything.
Yeah I realized I didn't unzip it properly, thank you for the reply. I appreciate an actively replying person. Much appreciated.

Tropic1

Dec 3, 2018
I'm playing A42 public, and something definitely seems broken with the Gaia quest. I can't get the kitchen scene to trigger for her initial drinking (200+ visits to the kitchen between 6am-8pm). According to the wiki I meet all requirements, as she coos when I give her apples. For example, I get the scene that says "A soft coo, almost like a bird...". Is there another requirement the wiki isn't listing?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'm playing A42 public, and something definitely seems broken with the Gaia quest. I can't get the kitchen scene to trigger for her initial drinking (200+ visits to the kitchen between 6am-8pm). According to the wiki I meet all requirements, as she coos when I give her apples. For example, I get the scene that says "A soft coo, almost like a bird...". Is there another requirement the wiki isn't listing?
I'll put that on my list to look into.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Is there no way to make actual money except the $1 with the computer?
The public build includes a job at the movie theater. The supporter version just added a job at the supermarket. More jobs, as well as the ability to give the people in your care jobs outside the home, will become available eventually.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes