GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
any walkthrouth? I can't buy any thing
There are few items outside of holidays that can be purchased at present (Thus the lack of urgency in getting higher paying jobs into the game just yet. I was just talking with a few people about doing job stuff earlier though, so I expect that will start to change before too long.) But if you're looking for a guide, our wiki (Linked on the opening page of the game) is set up as a guide for content to help find things. It's far from complete, but it should help you find quite a bit of the game's content. If there's something specific you're looking for, feel free to ask.

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
It depends on the book. A rare, specialty book is going to be more difficult to find than a more common book.
i collect rare books. in my experience there is two differing situations, a book is easy or a book is hard. books that are hard you find maybe one copy occasionally for sale. the price will vary wildly. it will be in another country and i have to order it through family members since there is embargo. or i have to pay 4x what it should worth. those is the hard books. for those books it is not realistic to expect it being found in the local book shop.

if the book you are talking about is a rare book, you should not make it a shitty RNG event. you should make it conversation option with book seller: "I am searching the rare book, can you help me find it?" and they use private contacts or mailing lists and a few weeks later you get a copy for a price.

the other book situation is the easy book. it is usually "somewhere". it is not unrealistic to expect the book in your local shop. maybe not every day, but unless it is a demanded book, why are you writing the extra logic to have copies coming into stock and being sold so very fast? just to punish player for fake "realism"?

this is extra work for tedious, bad design.

the only time random events makes sense is places player will go all the time. i walk through my front door every day, maybe someone is waiting at the door? I go to bed every night, maybe something happens on the way? this is okay design and adds a fun surprise effect.

the book store has no existence in player's routine. the player is not buying books every day. you are making the player do many extra clicks to arrive there and maybe or maybe not there is what the player wants. is this fun? is this a challenge? do you think walking through a door 20 times is a good game?

Reactions: BloodyPinkPanties

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
One thing that I decided early on in development with the project is that I would set things up to take into account what I want the game to eventually be. That's part of why relationship stats are such a grind for new characters. These are self-correcting problems in time. As more content is added to the game, things start to feel more natural in their progression.

In the case of the book you mention, our coders are working on the inventory and merchant systems in the background right now. The book in question will be affected by that, both as an item, and it's presentation within the game. After all, the game continues to grow and evolve into what it will some day become, and I'd rather do things the way I picture them and not need to go back and rebuild everything rater than try appease every person who doesn't want to visit a location in the game more than once and spend half the development time adjusting probabilities and stats.

Reactions: fulcrum

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So I take it the MC isn't going to buy a copy of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings for Anna, eh? ;)
Probably not.

The book store is intended for several uses:
1. Skill books to help train different characters.
2. Gift books.
3. Short stories for giggles that players can buy and read.
4. I want to let Anna work there as a job eventually.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
I like the job angle. Cool.

BTW: Was thinking the HP and LotR books would be gifts but I suppose if those are gifts where do you draw the line, right? Make Anna a super trusting, loving, never fearing individual after a few visits to the bookstore, eh?

Reactions: GateKeeper

ktron

May 6, 2017
the book store has no existence in player's routine. the player is not buying books every day. you are making the player do many extra clicks to arrive there and maybe or maybe not there is what the player wants. is this fun? is this a challenge? do you think walking through a door 20 times is a good game?
This is a very good way of phrasing what I was trying to get across. Apparently there are some scenes that might appear at the movie theater, but when I last played I went in and out of the theater probably like seven or eight times and nothing fired, and so I'm done with that. I'm not going to go in and out of every location repeatedly if nothing is happening, just on the off chance that on the 11th time something might happen. Now, you're right: if we are talking about the hallway of the house or the bedroom or whatever, where no matter what I'm going to be going through it constantly, then having rare random events makes a ton of sense.

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
One thing that I decided early on in development with the project is that I would set things up to take into account what I want the game to eventually be. That's part of why relationship stats are such a grind for new characters. These are self-correcting problems in time. As more content is added to the game, things start to feel more natural in their progression.

In the case of the book you mention, our coders are working on the inventory and merchant systems in the background right now. The book in question will be affected by that, both as an item, and it's presentation within the game. After all, the game continues to grow and evolve into what it will some day become, and I'd rather do things the way I picture them and not need to go back and rebuild everything rater than try appease every person who doesn't want to visit a location in the game more than once and spend half the development time adjusting probabilities and stats.
this is a very nice ideal, but what it means is that you are shooting your mind share in foot now. you are letting perfect be enemy of the good. how many players are playing your games without understanding your high aspiration and think "yuck another shitty RNG grind fest" and ignore it forever? how many of them tell their friends not to bother your game?

and you are making horrible mistake of thinking your plans are "good enough". as it is said, "no plan survives contact with the enemy". no plans is good. i am sure you are planning to "balance it out" but unless this is very familiar territory to you it will become true that you did not understand how things actually working together until you try them.

i am telling you now that it is only random chance I am here at all because I played your game very long ago, and decided then it was another RNG hell game. i only make this comment because of chance, not because i am new potential player or existing interested player. for my time, how many others do you think drew the same conclusion?

you need to remember how many shitty game developers there are. your enemies are not your players, your enemies is your own self and other developers "poisoning the well".

it still is your game of course. but don't think what happens now will not matter later.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
this is a very nice ideal, but what it means is that you are shooting your mind share in foot now. you are letting perfect be enemy of the good. how many players are playing your games without understanding your high aspiration and think "yuck another shitty RNG grind fest" and ignore it forever? how many of them tell their friends not to bother your game?

and you are making horrible mistake of thinking your plans are "good enough". as it is said, "no plan survives contact with the enemy". no plans is good. i am sure you are planning to "balance it out" but unless this is very familiar territory to you it will become true that you did not understand how things actually working together until you try them.

i am telling you now that it is only random chance I am here at all because I played your game very long ago, and decided then it was another RNG hell game. i only make this comment because of chance, not because i am new potential player or existing interested player. for my time, how many others do you think drew the same conclusion?

you need to remember how many shitty game developers there are. your enemies are not your players, your enemies is your own self and other developers "poisoning the well".

it still is your game of course. but don't think what happens now will not matter later.
Been working on the game for about three years now. It continues to grow per plan, support for the game continues to increase, and we're up around 12,000 downloads per build now (Minus however many downloads pirated copies generate.), so I can't be completely bungling the project.

I'm sure many people come, see the game, decide it's not for them, and go on their way. But there's not a lot that can be done about it. I have at least one person say that they love what I'm doing with the project for every one who mentions disliking some element of the game. I for one decided long ago that I'm going to make the game because I love to write and I love to create. And so long as I earn enough to pay the bills with it, I'll continue to pour my heart into creating.

kidderyao

Jun 30, 2018
I don't know "This scene requires you attempt to go into the forest during ." means what time?

DemonLord98

Oct 11, 2019
I STILL can't get the Movie Theater or Supermart job after about a thousand times going in and out, lol. Please just fucking tell me the exact requirements needed to get them. What day, time, and so on do you need to enter? Tell me word for word how to get these so called easy jobs.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I don't know "This scene requires you attempt to go into the forest during ." means what time?
There's an option during the scene where you may take a walk with the girls in the forest.

A slave spashed with acid, is that a Teaching Feelings reference I spy?
Yes it is! Teaching Feeling is among my all time favorite games. I know it's author is very protective of his work, but I wanted to place a little nod to that game in this all the same. There are a couple of small references in the game like that, I see them as a sort of love letter to that game.

I STILL can't get the Movie Theater or Supermart job after about a thousand times going in and out, lol. Please just fucking tell me the exact requirements needed to get them. What day, time, and so on do you need to enter? Tell me word for word how to get these so called easy jobs.
The theater should trigger 1 in 7 times you enter the lobby. That said, I'll ask our coders to look into it, especially since you claim you can't find the link in the Quickiemart. The Quickiemart job should be available at all times so long as you don't already have a job.

kidderyao

Jun 30, 2018
There's an option during the scene where you may take a walk with the girls in the forest.

Yes it is! Teaching Feeling is among my all time favorite games. I know it's author is very protective of his work, but I wanted to place a little nod to that game in this all the same. There are a couple of small references in the game like that, I see them as a sort of love letter to that game.

The theater should trigger 1 in 7 times you enter the lobby. That said, I'll ask our coders to look into it, especially since you claim you can't find the link in the Quickiemart. The Quickiemart job should be available at all times so long as you don't already have a job.
Probability? I tried prepare picnic 3 options 3 times

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So, our coders dig around and found an issue that might have been hanging up the jobs. It's been corrected on our end and the fix will appear in the next build of the game.

I also asked our coders to take a look at the Gaia intro content. I know some people have been able to find her no problem, but there might be some weird coding that is creating an issue. Better safe than sorry and all that.

Reactions: kidderyao

kidderyao

Jun 30, 2018
So, our coders dig around and found an issue that might have been hanging up the jobs. It's been corrected on our end and the fix will appear in the next build of the game.

I also asked our coders to take a look at the Gaia intro content. I know some people have been able to find her no problem, but there might be some weird coding that is creating an issue. Better safe than sorry and all that.
>w<) b

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Found a bug with the Misaki tf, when I try to finish the scene I get " Error: the passage "Submitted Misaki Futa 1k" does not exist "
save included
Added it to my list.

On the note of the picnic scene from earlier: We had some people look into it, every single person was able to trigger the scene with ease for both the first and second scene in the set.

kidderyao

Jun 30, 2018
Added it to my list.

On the note of the picnic scene from earlier: We had some people look into it, every single person was able to trigger the scene with ease for both the first and second scene in the set.
so .... how to trigger picnic second scene ? p(?w?)q

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes