Sassy_Snake

Nov 5, 2019
With the female dog in the kennel, when does she go fertile? I did read somewhere that when dog is prego it is 9 weeks... so how often does the dog go in to heat??

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
I've noticed that the number of transformation items that you can make has increased. The height increase one, which can be made, doesn't seem to work, at least not on Eve. I gave her 4, checking her after each, and her height never changed.

Also, I would like to suggest an eye-color transformation item. Since the journal on Anna and Eve mention that they could nearly have been taken for twins before the changes MC's great uncle made to them, would it be possible to have an item to make their eye colors match?

btw this is in .51c

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is live!

\

Join us on Discord!

Seriously, we have bots, come flirt with them!

Join us on Reddit!

Check out our WIKI!

\

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A52 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A52 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A51c Public Build: (Free):

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
How'd you folks find the triggers for events?, I really like this game but I can't for shit find anything in it. The wiki's a wasteland and doesn't really tell you anything. I missed the entire Bubbles/Mitsuko thing, couldn't figure out how to trigger any of it, thats pretty much true across the board. I can't find anything other than the day-to-day events really, one or two events here or there but mostly nothing. We really need some kind of hints systems because I genuinely love this game but I am getting bored in spite of myself. Not a cuss, one of my favorite games on here, just a statement of fact.
Bug: according to Maki's talk at the pool when you first meet her Anna's is 49.
You might want to check our wiki, or even our guide bundled with the game as of A52 (Early version of guide, it's an image guide right now, but will be expanded in time)

I do not know if there is a bug or what for you to get Gaia on your party but, I TRIED, I had ten tabs on my browser with all the events that we can find on and after 3 hours clicking to get enough "trust", reduce fear and get affection I thought I got everything I need, I reach the virginity event and after that two more that I did not found on the wiky and I had to save just in case and one later after that I still got no Gaia on my "party", game starts showing me again old events, I DO NOT want to waste another 3 hours clicking, it is nonses that there is no a clear walkthrough for this game, it is not funny anymore, sorry, I am tired after wasting that time, it is not fair, anyway, something weird also happen with Brigette, I bought her, and after that I do not see her anywhere and yes, I alread got Sidra First... thanks for reading me
What EXACTLY are you trying to trigger? I guess I'm not quite following.

Under Assignments, the last item is Following w an option to ask them to follow me. I guess I'm being a bit thick (as usual) but I don't really know what this means? and can they all follow me? Would I want that?
Thanks very much
Eventually asking someone to follow you will allow you to get them to travel into town with you or to specific locations.

I've noticed that the number of transformation items that you can make has increased. The height increase one, which can be made, doesn't seem to work, at least not on Eve. I gave her 4, checking her after each, and her height never changed.

Also, I would like to suggest an eye-color transformation item. Since the journal on Anna and Eve mention that they could nearly have been taken for twins before the changes MC's great uncle made to them, would it be possible to have an item to make their eye colors match?

btw this is in .51c
One of our coders is hard at work on the paper doll system and is adding both new clothing and new transformation items as more elements of that system are integrated.

I think I addressed everything above that wasn't already resolved? If not, give me a poke and I'll give another pass.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
There's a couple scenes that reference $mitsuko.fighting to determine what happens, but $mitsuko.fighting doesn't seem to be set anywhere or assigned a value.

Also, maybe it would be a good idea if Eve's kitchen fruitbowl scene checked her bust size before running, and either changed or didn't run depending on her current chest size if Eve has been given breast enhancer potions.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
There's a couple scenes that reference $mitsuko.fighting to determine what happens, but $mitsuko.fighting doesn't seem to be set anywhere or assigned a value.

Also, maybe it would be a good idea if Eve's kitchen fruitbowl scene checked her bust size before running, and either changed or didn't run depending on her current chest size if Eve has been given breast enhancer potions.
Working on the fighting fix right now.

Bust size issues I just finished fixing on my end. Should no longer appear unless she is A cup or smaller.

Thank you for the reports, very much appreciated.

Reactions: Frank01

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
I'm not sure if it is related or not, but plants in the greenhouse don't seem to get closer to harvest if you work a shift at the Joker. Actually, it seems the day doesn't actually increment up if you work at the Joker. I've worked 3 shifts at the joker and then gone home to sleep, and then came back in the evening, and it's been thursday every time. The work at the joker button gives you your pay and sets the time to 1:00am but leaves the date the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'm not sure if it is related or not, but plants in the greenhouse don't seem to get closer to harvest if you work a shift at the Joker. Actually, it seems the day doesn't actually increment up if you work at the Joker. I've worked 3 shifts at the joker and then gone home to sleep, and then came back in the evening, and it's been thursday every time. The work at the joker button gives you your pay and sets the time to 1:00am but leaves the date the same.
Thank you for the report. I honestly have no idea what could be wrong with it, but I'll pass your note past our coders and see what we can dig up.

Reactions: Frank01

VIOLET222

Jul 21, 2017
Enjoyed this, thoughts on having Eve do the pet play as either a punishment or side-game. Personality-wise she might enjoy it if its not put through as a punishment.

Aug 5, 2019
geez... making the cheats available only to people paying for them. i'm not interested enough in the game to play hours to see the content nor am i interested enough to pay.

mofu2x

Oct 10, 2020
If you do not have constructive feedback, you should just keep it to yourself.
But there's a nugget of valuable feedback in there: they find that the events are too obscure to find organically and the progression is too slow to be enjoyable. Stating a specific problem is all that feedback needs in order to be constructive. Detailed suggestions for fixes are cool, but a skilled dev will have a set of their own design goals that any user suggestion will probably fall short of. So the problem statement is the most consistently useful part of feedback.

Bill Foster

Apr 16, 2020
Just started getting this error in the public build. Happens during any event. Only thing I can think of that caused it was I appeared to have somehow triggered meeting Olivia twice. If that would be the cause would resetting me having met her fix that?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is live for anyone who is interested. I hope you all enjoy playing it as much as we have had creating it!

\

I encourage everyone to take a look at the Free version of the game linked below. If you enjoy the Free version, please consider a small pledge. With a small pledge, you gain early access to the latest build as well as other perks while helping ensure I can continue doing this full time! Every little bit helps.

Inheritance is a text based game with art. A portion of all earnings goes toward new art for the game.

NOTE: It is important to me to bring all of you the best game possible. If you see bugs or even things that are misspelled, please report it! You report something that can be fixed, I'll upgrade your build for free! If you're playing the free build, I'll get you the early access build. If you're playing the early access, I'll get you the Cheat build of the game.

\

Join us on Discord!

Seriously, we have bots, come flirt with them!

Join us on Reddit!

Check out our WIKI!

\

The public build is always free. Give it a look, and if you enjoy it, please consider a small pledge to help support further development of this game.

Links:
A53 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A53 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A52a Public Build: (Free):

S4b3rz

Jun 3, 2019
I seem to have stumbled on an error when driving into town. The choices in the scene you call to meet up with Vanni both lead to the first time meeting her in the alleyway. It's the newest public version if that information helps any.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I seem to have stumbled on an error when driving into town. The choices in the scene you call to meet up with Vanni both lead to the first time meeting her in the alleyway. It's the newest public version if that information helps any.
Thank you, put that on my list of things to fix.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
OK, I think I'm about ready to discuss something I've been thinking about for a while. I've been giving it quite a lot of thought whenever I play the game. It's not a gameplay issue, fuck no, the gameplay is beyond irredeemable at this point so never mind it (although the gameplay is part of it I guess), it's what I feel is a big omission in the story and a huge missed opportunity. And hell, maybe it's even been addressed in more recent versions, those patch notes are incredibly long and I might have overlooked it since I don't keep up to date with the latest version, but I strongly suspect it hasn't been. Anyway, please read the ENTIRE post to get my whole point, don't just dash off to write a "no, you're completely wrong and don't know what you're talking about!" angry rebuttal before you see what I'm actually getting at.

So let's talk about Eve. More specifically, let's talk about Eve's character arc. Even more specifically still, let's talk about the character arc that Eve doesn't have, even though she absolutely should and there are even hints of it already in the story.

First things first, Eve is a child. No, stop, don't argue. Yes, I'm well aware she's actually 18 temporal years old at the start of the story, but her character is still that of a child. She looks like a child (tiny, flat-chested, hairless), she dresses like a child (one-piece dress, no bra, hair in girly pigtails), she acts like a child (playing hide and seek, skipping around singing nursery rhymes) and everyone treats her like a child (you hire a bouncy castle and a performing clown for her birthday party). Your uncle's intention was blatantly obviously to keep her as a child for as long as he could (for his perverted desires). OK? Let's not argue about technicalities: Eve is a child character. She is written as a child. Agreed? Cool.

So here's the thing: since Eve is a child, you shouldn't normally be able to be sexually attracted to her, unless your character is actually a pedophile (or at most an ephebophile). You can like her as a person. You can even fall in love with her, as a person. But the average person simply isn't sexually attracted to children, the same way the average man wouldn't find Katka Kyptova sexually attractive unless they have a thing for huge muscular bodybuilder women, or the way a straight man wouldn't find the most handsome man alive attractive; the physical attraction simply isn't there.

As a result, there should only be 3 circumstances under which you'd be able to have sex with Eve:
1) You actually are a pedophile and find her sexually attractive.
2) You're doing an evil bastard playthrough where you pick up where your uncle left off and don't need to find her attractive because you're only raping her to make her and Anna suffer.

or, and this is the real point I'm getting at here:

3) Because she wants you to.

Apart from her love for her sister, what is the Eve's most notable character trait? It's simple really: while she enjoys being able to be a little girl, she wants to be a woman. The signs are all there in so many of the interaction scenes you have with her: the way she skips down the main stairs until her skirt flies up to flash her panties at you then smirks at you because she knows you were looking; the way she tries to flirt with you while lounging at the poolside; the way she gets tearfully upset when you catch her putting oranges in her dress so she looks like she has large boobs and you laugh at her; and most obviously, the scene in the bath where you watch her get out and get dressed and she flat-out tells you to her face that she likes it when you look at her like a woman rather than like a child. If you cultivate a close, caring relationship with Eve, then she wants you to love her like a woman, not like a little sister.

My current playthrough has been going on for quite some time, but I've never engaged in sexual activity with Eve, apart from stealing her panties one time she she was hiding under my bed, and feeling her up one time when she was in her cubby hole, neither of which led to anything. And honestly, despite my attempts to roleplay the game properly, both of those moments were rather jarringly out of character because the protagonist shouldn't have been willing to do perverted things to a girl who, to him, looks like a 12-year old. There haven't been any events I've come across that actually lead directly to sex, other than the kitchen scene where you come in and casually tell Anna and Eve that you're horny and have sex with one of them, which is very much a "bad guy" event anyway and doesn't act as the culmination of a character arc. The only other way I can see that I can enter a sexual relationship with Eve is ordering her to come to the Master Bedroom and casually fucking her in a generic, repeatable sex scene that I could have done at any time. According to the wiki, Eve won't offer herself for any sexual actions you haven't proactively performed on her first, which I frankly think runs entirely contrary to her character (quite apart from how she wants to be see as an adult, she's also a very forthright and unreserved person who isn't afraid of saying what she wants, unlike Anna).

Because the game is at its best when the characters DO have proper arcs. The way I played it, I was as kind as possible to Anna, but as my character said during the intro, I wouldn't lay a hand on her until she wanted it. Oh, I won her over, took her out on dates, kissed her once she was obviously starting to fall for me, but I didn't have sex with her even when the game prompted me to, because there's a scene I was specifically aiming for that's a natural culmination of your blossoming romance with Anna- the one in the laundry where Eve breaks the painting of your late Aunt, and Anna is terrified that you're going to punish Eve harshly, but instead you and Eve play a prank on her that makes her laugh. That was the proper turning point in her story, the stage where she finally understands to the depths of her heart that you will NEVER hurt either of them, and she can trust you completely, and so it led to our first time together as she had completely fallen for me. It's a beautiful story, and the best thing about the game.

Eve doesn't have anything like that. And that's a great missed opportunity I think. Eve's character arc should be about her falling for you and growing frustrated with the fact that you don't see her the same way. Maybe she's happy for Anna for finding love with you, but can't help feeling jealous as well. Maybe she starts coming on to you more and more openly, to the point that she's unintentionally making you uncomfortable with being propositioned by a child. Maybe she should ask Anna to bring it up with you. Either way, it should have a proper conclusion and turning point scene: maybe it comes to a head where she openly confronts you about it and confesses her feelings to you and makes it clear to you that this is what she wants. You should have the choice of making an effort to look beyond her physical appearance (beauty is more than skin deep) to return her love, and only then be able to start a proper sexual relationship with her, after which you'd be able to "get used to it". (The natural alternative would be to tell her that you're sorry but you just can't handle it, with the obvious follow-on being to use the lab to reverse what your uncle did to her to make her grow up again, which is undoubtedly an eventually-intended function of the lab anyway).

Of course, the problem is the aforementioned mechanics issue: the game emphasises complete open world freedom, irrespective of how this segregates the story from the gameplay. There is literally nothing whatsoever stopping you from refusing to take advantage of Anna during the intro and telling her that you find her attractive but won't touch her until she wants you to, and then the instant the intro ends summoning her to the Master Bedroom again and fucking her from dawn 'til dusk right then and there. The game simply refuses to put any kinds of restrictions on your actions or tell you "you can't do that", and giving Eve a realistic character arc would run contrary to that (it also has to leave room open for other character interpretations e.g you're actually roleplaying your MC as a pedophile who couldn't wait to get all up in Eve's childlike pussy, or of course the straight-up monster route).

But I still think there needs to be a story expansion for Eve picking up on all the threads about her wanting to be a woman and leading to the proper development of a genuine and natural sexual relationship between you, rather than just "Hey Eve, come here, I want to fuck you". She's the most central character in the game after Anna, after all, she really does deserve as much content as possible, and it's such a natural story to tell (why else are there already so many teases for it?).

I hope this provoked a little thought, because I really think it'd make the game better.

Reactions: VIOLET222

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I would still really like to be able to assign the girls to the spare bedrooms rather than the servants quarters. OR at least remodel the sq.

It could be treated like a gift since we can't give them any other than the 1 book and Halloween costume.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes