Unity Inner Self Development Program [v0.7.8] [Carnile]

3.00 star(s) 35 Votes

islander29

Jun 10, 2021
Only for games that make $200,000 of revenue in one year and 200,000 lifetime installs it starts billing per install.
They estimate that less than 10% of the games will be subject to the fees. Not independent games like this one.

Matu

Aug 24, 2018
wtf?! so cuz of this unity bullcrap we are going to suffer seeing more of this beautiful game. F

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
Only for games that make $200,000 of revenue in one year and 200,000 lifetime installs it starts billing per install.
They estimate that less than 10% of the games will be subject to the fees. Not independent games like this one.
The CEO who pushed for that also thinks it'd be a great idea to charge gamers to "refill their gun" when they run out of ammo in shooters. He's an EX Electronic Arts (EA) CEO and a cancer to everything he touches. I would NOT trust anything they said rn, even independent creators would and WILL be squeezed for every cent they have with CEO's like him calling the shots.

I hope the game is continued too, but I feel for him, he must be terrified of what could happen and is waiting for more information or for Unity to stop this insane plan before continuing updates.

islander29

Jun 10, 2021
The CEO who pushed for that also thinks it'd be a great idea to charge gamers to "refill their gun" when they run out of ammo in shooters. He's an EX Electronic Arts (EA) CEO and a cancer to everything he touches. I would NOT trust anything they said rn, even independent creators would and WILL be squeezed for every cent they have with CEO's like him calling the shots.

I hope the game is continued too, but I feel for him, he must be terrified of what could happen and is waiting for more information or for Unity to stop this insane plan before continuing updates.
Not trying to defend Epic/Ureal Engine in any kind of ways but the conditions for small indy dev are not that bad, never really were.
If you look in the cost of the basic tier for years nothing to pay for less than 100 000 paid sales. I am sure that this game is very very far from it and not concerned by the new policies.
Yes the previous one were better for sure but the threshold is still a far reach for a game like this one.
Unity is still a big engine and need to be paid for, most other engines don't give free licences like this one do. Plus Epic the owner of Unreal also pay better than other plateforms like Steam (for now at least).
Most games here use HTML or Ren'py and won't be concerned by it at all, the few that would be on Unreal have not much chance to pay if they do it would only be because they are very successful which would be a good news for the dev.

somebody669

Dec 29, 2019
Saw that 3 updates happened and wondered if any of the ambitious goals of this game have been realized.
So far I see nothing new, other than the cell phone stopped working entirely, saved games are no longer compatible, and performance fell even more...

Oh well. Bored of the genre anyway
But a pity. The system (if it was polished, cause UX is pretty bad - click background to cancel etc are a must...) looked pretty interesting and ambitious. But I just don't see this ever realized if after 3 updates all to show is things that once worked broken :/

Doner077

Apr 25, 2018
The game has a great premise and good art style but as of right now, total grindfest for only 4 5 scenes that dont go nowehere real action, not worth the time. And yeah last update was in may, so 5 months ago. Its patreon still have nearly 400 people so the dev maybe talking in their discord about the development and not posting in patreon. Hopefully the game is not dead

Massi89

Dec 21, 2020
Seems like a very good sissification game, too bad it's been 6 months since the last update.
I would really love to see this completed...

Agent Cooper

Sep 30, 2017
Dev's appears and then disappears. Long cycles of development without any feedback.

Probably why this game has many bugs.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
There was also that whole Unity controversy that I'm sure doesn't help.
If you mean this potential (short-lived) controversy...
Those on the Unity Personal tier (which includes free basic Editor access) will be charged $0.20 per install after an individual game reaches $200,000 in annual revenue and 200,000 lifetime installs.
...then I doubt this project was currently in any danger of triggering the requirements for the $0.20 per install charge...

...or those of the Unity's Pro and Enterprise tiers for that matter...
Users of Unity's Pro and Enterprise tiers (which charge a separate annual subscription for access to a more full-featured Unity Editor) will pay slightly smaller per-install fees starting at $0.125 to $0.15 after a game reaches $1 million in annual revenue and 1 million total installs.
Like many things in these modern times of mass social media, the (short-lived) controversy was blown out of all proportions, because it actually affected less Independent Game Developers than was generally "reported".

3.00 star(s) 35 Votes