Ren'Py Innocent Au-pair: Restart [v0.186] [D&D visual]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017

Yes, I have changed the navigation. Although I previously said that arrows brought more realistic movement around the house, they just got out of control. The issue is that when I started to add more images and a new location around the house, controlling those arrows became impossible. One way would be to adjust them manually for each image, which is a terrible approach. An alternative would be the creation of a complicated object or function that would manage this. However, this would be a nightmare to implement. Another option would be to create highlight areas, but these would still require specific locations. So, the old method allows for very simple code that enables navigation and is universal for any new image or location.
Furthermore, to keep the screen clutter-free, it is going to be a mouse area. This means the window will pop up only when you move your cursor to the bottom of the screen. To put it briefly, it is easy and simple, and it will appear on the screen only when you want it to.
Version 0.15 will not contain new content, unfortunately. It will have only a few additional images of Ala and Tasha around the house. And it add a new location kitchen for now. You will see also Tasha working in the house. Just a few images but I think they are needed. Having accomplished this, I can now focus entirely on creating new scenes. Cheers!

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Looks good. Won't really change the reception but will make things easier for you. Good to see more non erotic redners. Characters routine is important as it adds to overall feel and tease is the most popular fetish. Fine direction so far

Reactions: oszapo25 and Rolo

Alex_r2

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2023
Looks good. Won't really change the reception but will make things easier for you. Good to see more non erotic redners. Characters routine is important as it adds to overall feel and tease is the most popular fetish. Fine direction so far
Maybe it is just me as I played with arrows so many times during testing. Now it takes a little time to get used to.

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
A lot of people are concerned, but I want to be supportive.
I hope this game gets finished.
I was disappointed that the original didn't have a scene in David and Tasha's office, and I hope this game does.
I'm sure D&D visuals(Alex_r2) has a plan, and I hope they make it what they think it should be.
My only request is that they keep the David and Alex confrontation as it was in the original.

Once the game is more developed, it will have many backers.
I hope I'll be one of them.

Alex_r2

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2023
You cannot generalise. For example, in the abandoned game, the NTR is an inalienable part of the story. So arguing about it, is destructive to the game and the dev.
I've started to see that people react on tags like NTR like something as either GO and NoGO. Such binary approach is very misleading as those tag does not tell us anything how such things like for example sharing or cheating, are implemented into the story. So there is always a subjective perception.

I think when it comes to listening to supporters - it can work if a developer knows where to stop and what is to implement or when to stop.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I've started to see that people react on tags like NTR like something as either GO and NoGO. Such binary approach is very misleading as those tag does not tell us anything how such things like for example sharing or cheating, are implemented into the story. So there is always a subjective perception.

I think when it comes to listening to supporters - it can work if a developer knows where to stop and what is to implement or when to stop.
The important thing is to have more Tasha.
With Alex,David,some other male-if it's done correctly,np for me.
The orginal made the mistake to lock you after some point.
Of course will be interesting to see some Tasha/Ala content.

Reactions: Rolo

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
InnocentAupairRestart-0.15
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
hmmmmm... I was a big fan of the original.

I'm a bit apprehensive as I was playing it on the Son's path (For me that was the main path)

Since there is only dad (David) content at the moment, I'm a bit worried that that will be the future focus of the game with the Alex path just a barely there path.

My impression from the original was :-
David path - more corruption orientated plus some NTR
Alex path - More slow burn romantic with very little NTR

Maybe I remember it wrong, I'm not sure.

Will definitely wait for the Alex content before I start with the game.
Yeah Alex path was romantic and fending off father's attempts at any corruption. So no NTR. I'm definitely waiting on alex content too. Splitting the player character could be a positive thing given the vastly different kinks of the fanbases. Curious though how it'll be handled if we're in control of 1 of the 2 not both men. Will Tasha scenes with other character be skipped?, have a canon? or will we get to control Tasha during those?

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Lmao, answers to the above questions. Devs that clearly have vision, passion, and aptitude show it by releasing on time updates with decent amount of engaging content. Devs that lack that, twiddle there thumbs while succkers give them money for minimal effort, all for tired cliche BS promises they never deliver. That said few acually fall into that category, for the most part most devs are simply clueless ass hats that thought it be fun or they could make money at this withought ever considering the time, effort, or passion they will need to devote to it. Making a game isnt about telling your story, it's getting others to like or at least hear your story to the end before they decide for themselves if they liked it or not.

The pros of this, if your making a passion project have a clue and do it your way. If your in it to make money be innovative and realize it's not about you but the people you want money from.

N, that's my once a week rant limit.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017

So, the next step is to show what Alex has prepared. The work continues. This time, I don't need to do as much coding from scratch, so things might move a bit faster. In the next update, I plan to add a substantial amount of content. As for animation, I can't say much at this stage. It's not a priority right now, and creating high-quality animation requires a lot of time. We'll see how much animation makes it into the upcoming update.
Currently, rendering and scene creation are in progress. You've probably heard many times that this stage is the most time-consuming. Like many other developers, I will post weekly updates with progress numbers. I'll also start showing previews for those who have decided to support me here. Your support is greatly appreciated. I also got a hand in coding, so thing will go faster in this regard. And after this update, it should be clear how the the game branches and what to expect in the future.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017

I think we are. Although I do not have a specific deadline in mind for the next update. As I mentioned before it is going to be Alex's turn to show the menu. Therefore, it requires some to set up some scenes new (i.e., old) locations and define the story directions.
The rendering and scenes creations is on and most complicated coding stuff is done. Since I still have not yet, decided how much scenes to include into this update, I can't give estimate where I am atm. However, if it goes well, then it should some time in December.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017

Hello dear followers,
It's time for a progress update. In short, there is still some work to be done, but I'm excited to share the news that the most complicated coding part is complete, and a large batch of renders are ready.
However, I still need to create more scenes for this update as it's important to establish the story's direction. Once I'm done with the scenes, I can start coding the actual gameplay from Alex's perspective. This part won't take long, as most of the groundwork was done when I was working on version 0.1. It will only require some modifications, so it's not a big deal.
I want to add something unique to Alex part to differentiate it from David's gameplay and bring something new. There will be new characters introduced, but they will remain secondary as the story will always revolve around Alex, Tasha, Alla, and David. By the way, the correct spelling is "Alla," not "Ala," so I am going to make that change throughout the entire game. If I find the time and everything goes well, I might finish the scene creation on this upcoming week. Let's see how it goes.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017

Dear followers,
While the preparation of renders is still keep going , it's time to start coding Alex's part in the actual game. I can't precisely estimate how long it will take. Even the slightest prediction could be entirely off, as coding depends on aspects that might be completed within a day or two, or could take up to a week or more. The most complicated part is done, but it is yet to be integrated into the currect environment.
Additionally, a bunch of renders are still not ready, but these are usually the ones that come during story writing and final coding. There's nothing new in this.
Once this part is finished, I can finally take a breath, as the foundational work for both playable characters will be complete. Then, it's all about filling the game with the story and renders.
The goal is to have everything ready this month so that starting from the new year, we can really focus on story development.
Cheers,

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes