VN Ren'Py Abandoned Innocent Play [v0.2.2] [Royal Games]

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'll see what I can do, maybe I can find more time to make a small game about Innocent Play just to finish it. Though with the way the story is set up, I need to think hard about how to make it make sense.
Hey no obligations, I myself do not like NTR with family members, so decided to see where this game would go first anyway before playing it. :)

Just that is a way to somewhat do give the supporters of game what they partially played for and some closure, while allowing you as a dev to move forward with less negative feelings. No solution is ideal after you startd disliking working on the game and for me I would not like to bind a dev to a game he or she is no longer happy with, then again I know that being left with a game that ends before thing gets interesting and someone gets invested in is also not nice.:)

Reactions: Jccurtis
May 26, 2018
Well both your arguments are fair enough, just remember that last statement is important and best way to regain that confidence over time is to indeed finish those games. It might have been wiser though to maybe have made an ending on this game as well that delivered at least on some of the promises of sex even if too fast and unbelievable and way too early end as end it on the tease. :)
THAT, at least, I could have respected more than his reasoning for abandoning the game, and would have been more inclined to give his other games at least a "look-see". As it is, he is correct in one thing... the way THIS game was abandoned makes me less inclined to believe him on any of his other games. I mean, what happens if he suddenly "doesn't like" his other games? I am reasonably sure others can/will see my point regarding that. Sure, he may have been disappointed in this game, not liked how it was progressing, etc., But he could have posted a comment referencing this and notify the people here that he was ending this game "early" to start what he felt was a better, newer game.But ending it the way he did was a - from my personal point of view - a BIG "fuck you" to the players of this game, and because of that how can we believe him in the future that it wont happen again? After "Goodnight Kiss" and "Goodnight Kiss 2" and all of Slonique's games, not to mention others, I am sorry but my trust and belief factor has went WAY down to the bottom with developers like this.

One other point I will make: the patrons who supported you because of this game (by becoming tier patrons and paying money) did so with the expectation that you would - eventually - deliver a completed game. You screwed THEM over as well as your players who followed this thread. Think about it; why would anyone continue to support you after this?

Last edited:

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
THAT, at least, I could have respected more than his reasoning for abandoning the game, and would have been more inclined to give his other games at least a "look-see". As it is, he is correct in one thing... the way THIS game was abandoned makes me less inclined to believe him on any of his other games. I mean, what happens if he suddenly "doesn't like" his other games? I am reasonably sure others can/will see my point regarding that. Sure, he may have been disappointed in this game, not liked how it was progressing, etc., But he could have posted a comment referencing this and notify the people here that he was ending this game "early" to start what he felt was a better, newer game.But ending it the way he did was a - from my personal point of view - a BIG "fuck you" to the players of this game, and because of that how can we believe him in the future that it wont happen again? After "Goodnight Kiss" and "Goodnight Kiss 2" and all of Slonique's games, not to mention others, I am sorry but my trust and belief factor has went WAY down to the bottom with developers like this.

One other point I will make: the patrons who supported you because of this game (by becoming tier patrons and paying money) did so with the expectation that you would - eventually - deliver a completed game. You screwed THEM over as well as your players who followed this thread. Think about it; why would anyone continue to support you after this?
The last part is just blatantly wrong. At the time that I chose to abandon Innocent Play, I talked with my supporters about it before I announced it publicly. I would NEVER try and abandon a game without the approval of my supporters. I did not screw them over as they agreed with my choice. Anyways, I'm done replying on this thread as it's just more weight in my life that I don't need.

May 26, 2018
The last part is just blatantly wrong. At the time that I chose to abandon Innocent Play, I talked with my supporters about it before I announced it publicly. I would NEVER try and abandon a game without the approval of my supporters. I did not screw them over as they agreed with my choice. Anyways, I'm done replying on this thread as it's just more weight in my life that I don't need.
Then I stand corrected and sincerely apologize for my last point on me previous comment. When I am wrong on anything, and it is shown I am wrong, I have no problem admitting me own error and mistake.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr. Unique

charlieluc

Feb 11, 2020
[VN] [Ren'Py] [Abandoned] Innocent Play [v0.2.2] [Royal Games]
See that?^^^^^^^^^^
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Terrigen

Oct 30, 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Right there with you.
Every one of the games that I like the most, get Abandoned. Its becoming a recurring theme. Really disappointing.
I hope he does well with his new game although that one does nothing for me personally, he seems like he will be a good dev.

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
I understand your reasoning for not wanting to give my other game a chance. This game grew a much bigger audience than I expected, and I disappointed a lot of people when I first put it on hold and even more now that I've chosen to abandon it. Though I need to make it clear, my intention with Innocent Play was never to make "enough" money with it. While making money is certainly ideal, I never thought I would get any support before I was nearing the end of the game, and even now with Esteria, I'm not expecting "enough" money. I chose to abandon the game because I don't get any satisfaction from making a game I don't feel confident in. The quality is poor compared to what I've learned, and I want to do better. While I could continue the game and take the money that comes with it, I wouldn't enjoy it. I don't want to do something that I don't like doing, and I don't like making a game I don't like myself. One last thing, though I doubt I will be able to convince the majority of people with this statement as it's nothing but words. I will not abandon any future games, this includes Esteria and the next game that I'm planning.
actually had the same argument with my dad a few years back. You know how parents are like they want you to choose a high paying job and shit and all that, and I basically just told them "If I don't do something I don't love and enjoy, then what's the point? I'd rather have a low paying job, but I can put my heart on it since I enjoy and live it, then have a high paying job, but I'm slowly killing myself anyway" I understand your reasoning. I really wanted to see a little bit more into the story. But it's fine, if this is your decision

Mario Lui33

Jun 4, 2021
If abandoning the game was approved by patreons I don´t see any problem here.
Everyone should be happy (maybe not free users... but obviously it´s not like they have more impact than supporters, apart of rating and make suggestions)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
If abandoning the game was approved by patreons I don´t see any problem here.
Everyone should be happy (maybe not free users... but obviously it´s not like they have more impact than supporters, apart of rating and make suggestions)
What?

It is no longer on patreon.
The reason why it is listed as "Abandoned" is because dev put it on hold way back in 2020 with no word from dev about it.
Even his other game is no longer on patreon.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Am I getting things mixed up, or is this the 3rd game he has abandoned, either way I can't say I am surprised, this was just dumb, I mean really who wants a loli white girl getting blacked NTR, or NTR period.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
this game here gets abondend but his other is still in development. you guys maybe should know that he switched to subscriebstar.

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes