VN Ren'Py Abandoned Innocent Play [v0.2.2] [Royal Games]

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes

shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
So I haven't heard anything from this game for a while can somebody tell me what's happening with the game?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
The developer went on a hiatus since the character of the sister looked too much like an underage
From what i understood, he put it on hold because it wasn't making enough money , due to being on Subscribestar and not Patreon. But i also understand that the dev is meant to be coming back to it at a later date, so we'll just have to wait and see

Reactions: DoctorPervic

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
We cant complain too much about loli content otherwise, the thread will become a dumpster fire and be locked out like proud father was.

Reactions: dadjokes25

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
From what i understood, he put it on hold because it wasn't making enough money , due to being on Subscribestar and not Patreon. But i also understand that the dev is meant to be coming back to it at a later date, so we'll just have to wait and see
The developer went on a hiatus since the character of the sister looked too much like an underage
Reading these comments makes me feel like I need to clear up the reason why I originally chose to put Innocent Play on hold and maybe abandon it.

Innocent Play was never supposed to be a full VN, it was my first attempt at a VN and was at first only supposed to be a demo of what I could do. So when I suddenly got more attention than I expected, I decided to switch gears and try and attempt to make the game longer than I had planned. I had also attempted to get my account on SubscribeStar approved since September, and so when months drove by and my account still wasn't near getting approved I chose to put Innocent Play on hold, so I could open up a Patreon with a game they approve of. That one is Esteria. I chose to put the game on hold because I wasn't able to advertise it the way I wanted and because I slowly grew more discontent with the quality of the game. It was never because of the hate I received, whether it was because of the loli or NTR content.

Only recently have I gotten my SubscribeStar account approved, and so Innocent Play is turning up again and I'm, understandably, getting a lot of questions about what will happen with the game. As stated before, I grew to dislike the quality of the content I put out with Innocent Play, which is also why I've decided that Innocent Play, as it is now, will be abandoned.
I will continue with Esteria to an acceptable extent and once I'm done I will do one of two things. I will either rework Innocent Play entirely, which is honestly my least favorite of the two, or I will make another "similar" game to Innocent Play. Though I can not say what will happen in the future, I will continue to focus on one game and one game only.

May 26, 2018
Reading these comments makes me feel like I need to clear up the reason why I originally chose to put Innocent Play on hold and maybe abandon it.

Innocent Play was never supposed to be a full VN, it was my first attempt at a VN and was at first only supposed to be a demo of what I could do. So when I suddenly got more attention than I expected, I decided to switch gears and try and attempt to make the game longer than I had planned. I had also attempted to get my account on SubscribeStar approved since September, and so when months drove by and my account still wasn't near getting approved I chose to put Innocent Play on hold, so I could open up a Patreon with a game they approve of. That one is Esteria. I chose to put the game on hold because I wasn't able to advertise it the way I wanted and because I slowly grew more discontent with the quality of the game. It was never because of the hate I received, whether it was because of the loli or NTR content.

Only recently have I gotten my SubscribeStar account approved, and so Innocent Play is turning up again and I'm, understandably, getting a lot of questions about what will happen with the game. As stated before, I grew to dislike the quality of the content I put out with Innocent Play, which is also why I've decided that Innocent Play, as it is now, will be abandoned.
I will continue with Esteria to an acceptable extent and once I'm done I will do one of two things. I will either rework Innocent Play entirely, which is honestly my least favorite of the two, or I will make another "similar" game to Innocent Play. Though I can not say what will happen in the future, I will continue to focus on one game and one game only.
Well, that is just too sad. Personally, I liked and enjoyed the game, and to have it abandoned by the developer just when it was getting interesting does sort of make me feel as if the developer is one of the ones that starts a game, tries to get money, and then abandons the game. Sorry, While I can sort of understand your reasoning behind abandoning this game, your abandonment is one reason I won't even be giving any of your other games a chance. I really dislike developers that create games and abandons them mid-game. Especially when they - apparently - "don't get enough money' and yet has multiple people wanting more of the game. It just not say anything good about you for doing that abandonment. Eithre way, I wish you luck on your future game, just know that I am one person who - because of the result of this game alone - I would never support you for fear of you doing the same thing again in the future; and yes, I have abandoned other developers for the same - or similar - reasons.

Your "reputation" is only as good as you make it based on past experiences with other games you create, and with this being your first game, your reputation with me tanked to the absolute bottom of the pit.

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
Well, that is just too sad. Personally, I liked and enjoyed the game, and to have it abandoned by the developer just when it was getting interesting does sort of make me feel as if the developer is one of the ones that starts a game, tries to get money, and then abandons the game. Sorry, While I can sort of understand your reasoning behind abandoning this game, your abandonment is one reason I won't even be giving any of your other games a chance. I really dislike developers that create games and abandons them mid-game. Especially when they - apparently - "don't get enough money' and yet has multiple people wanting more of the game. It just not say anything good about you for doing that abandonment. Eithre way, I wish you luck on your future game, just know that I am one person who - because of the result of this game alone - I would never support you for fear of you doing the same thing again in the future; and yes, I have abandoned other developers for the same - or similar - reasons.

Your "reputation" is only as good as you make it based on past experiences with other games you create, and with this being your first game, your reputation with me tanked to the absolute bottom of the pit.
I understand your reasoning for not wanting to give my other game a chance. This game grew a much bigger audience than I expected, and I disappointed a lot of people when I first put it on hold and even more now that I've chosen to abandon it. Though I need to make it clear, my intention with Innocent Play was never to make "enough" money with it. While making money is certainly ideal, I never thought I would get any support before I was nearing the end of the game, and even now with Esteria, I'm not expecting "enough" money. I chose to abandon the game because I don't get any satisfaction from making a game I don't feel confident in. The quality is poor compared to what I've learned, and I want to do better. While I could continue the game and take the money that comes with it, I wouldn't enjoy it. I don't want to do something that I don't like doing, and I don't like making a game I don't like myself. One last thing, though I doubt I will be able to convince the majority of people with this statement as it's nothing but words. I will not abandon any future games, this includes Esteria and the next game that I'm planning.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I understand your reasoning for not wanting to give my other game a chance. This game grew a much bigger audience than I expected, and I disappointed a lot of people when I first put it on hold and even more now that I've chosen to abandon it. Though I need to make it clear, my intention with Innocent Play was never to make "enough" money with it. While making money is certainly ideal, I never thought I would get any support before I was nearing the end of the game, and even now with Esteria, I'm not expecting "enough" money. I chose to abandon the game because I don't get any satisfaction from making a game I don't feel confident in. The quality is poor compared to what I've learned, and I want to do better. While I could continue the game and take the money that comes with it, I wouldn't enjoy it. I don't want to do something that I don't like doing, and I don't like making a game I don't like myself. One last thing, though I doubt I will be able to convince the majority of people with this statement as it's nothing but words. I will not abandon any future games, this includes Esteria and the next game that I'm planning.
Well both your arguments are fair enough, just remember that last statement is important and best way to regain that confidence over time is to indeed finish those games. It might have been wiser though to maybe have made an ending on this game as well that delivered at least on some of the promises of sex even if too fast and unbelievable and way too early end as end it on the tease. :)

Reactions: Jccurtis

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
Well both your arguments are fair enough, just remember that last statement is important and best way to regain that confidence over time is to indeed finish those games. It might have been wiser though to maybe have made an ending on this game as well that delivered at least on some of the promises of sex even if too fast and unbelievable and way too early end as end it on the tease. :)
I'll see what I can do, maybe I can find more time to make a small game about Innocent Play just to finish it. Though with the way the story is set up, I need to think hard about how to make it make sense.

Reactions: syponis and DA22
2.70 star(s) 7 Votes