raihuhoha

Jul 4, 2017
Well, we have been having an hour conversation about a minigame, using QTE vs Logic... one requires using your memory, but is more steps. The other is simpler but more trial and error.

What would you guys prefer? More steps, but very logical? Or less steps, but a bit of trial and error?
Memory. Remember in Super Mario 3 where you got to play that memory game? That would be kind of awesome to have again. Sure, might be a pain in the ass to think of a reward with it, but it can be done, no?

Woeml

May 15, 2018
This game is very hard and long, very few cutsences and minigame. They even have not uploaded new walkingthrough. I've played this game since last year, until now i'm still waiting something surprise, but it makes me disappointed :(

omsues1307

Dec 18, 2018
I think I might really hate this damn game. I must be partially retarded because I am stuck on the swimsuit quest, puzzle. WHY WHY have SO many things to do just to advance the story... I can fix a Computer, cars, and appliances but trying to follow this game is making me want to pull out my frikking hair. And the "video" on how to do it was recorded in fucking fast forward so I can't even read what to do... Pissed off...
I will help you just send a message

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
This game is very hard and long, very few cutsences and minigame. They even have not uploaded new walkingthrough. I've played this game since last year, until now i'm still waiting something surprise, but it makes me disappointed :(
We only update the walkthrough for the F release to the public. Otherwise, we have our discord for patreons for questions on patreon releases.

Katyxxx

Jul 21, 2019
Stop Whining !!! Good game !!! but I have such an idea... Here at Hogwarts, the paintings are alive ? it would be cool when the Girl changes clothes behind a Screen in Dumbledore's office , response of two paintings which hang there )) Women and Men on this matter ))))

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Stop Whining !!! Good game !!! but I have such an idea... Here at Hogwarts, the paintings are alive ? it would be cool when the Girl changes clothes behind a Screen in Dumbledore's office , response of two paintings which hang there )) Women and Men on this matter ))))
Animations are being added slowly but surely.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
We are going to do logical for 2 girls, and QTE for the other 2 and see what players think.
So, what was the point of the poll then? And is it resource management wise to do both?
If you don't make the entire sequence based on open and closing, it just becomes random and non-sensical.
Forcing a player to close a closed box - that is non-sensical. Also, MC hints for himself about right or wrong doesn't make any sense either. It's not some safe *clicks* on the way, and he's not mentioning any "magic aura changes" or whatever. He's just feels it somefuckinghow.

And why it's random? If there wasn't scribbled hint than yes, obviously, but it is there! In other words, it's "random" until player finds that out. Simple, make sence, player is suppose to search for the first box in sequence (is it the one with the hint? or it's the left one?) - voila.

Edit: instead I had to read through that MC bizarre monologue hints over and over again (you could replace MC there with that useless UI-helper girl btw - meta fourth wall breaking hints would made more sense imo) and re-enter bedroom just to reset that shit. It was... not good experience. I'd say you simply can cut out the whole puzzle and replace it just by searching through the boxes and getting the wand.

Last edited:

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
So, what was the point of the poll then? And is it resource management wise to do both?

Forcing a player to close a closed box - that is non-sensical. Also, MC hints for himself about right or wrong doesn't make any sense either. It's not some safe *clicks* on the way, and he's not mentioning any "magic aura changes" or whatever. He's just feels it somefuckinghow.

And why it's random? If there wasn't scribbled hint than yes, obviously, but it is there! In other words, it's "random" until player finds that out. Simple, make sence, player is suppose to search for the first box in sequence (is it the one with the hint? or it's the left one?) - voila.

Edit: instead I had to read through that MC bizarre monologue hints over and over again (you could replace MC there with that useless UI-helper girl btw - meta fourth wall breaking hints would made more sense imo) and re-enter bedroom just to reset that shit. It was... not good experience. I'd say you simply can cut out the whole puzzle and replace it just by searching through the boxes and getting the wand.
Arguing with someone who didn't play the puzzle for 12 hours while coding it and checking the results seems pointless. The puzzle won't be removed, there's a walkthrough, it's clearly noted and number and explained. Not using said resources and struggling is a personal choice you made. Asking me to change the game over that, not likely.

I am not trying to be harsh mind you, it's just very difficult to articulate the fact this game is known for having puzzles, your alternative suggestion of removing them and just having people click would make it a different game entirely.

(At most, I may make it so it fades to black when you mess up and he says he left and re-entered to reset it, rather than forcing the player to reset it themself)

Last edited:

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Arguing with someone who didn't play the puzzle for 12 hours while coding it and checking the results seems pointless. The puzzle won't be removed, there's a walkthrough, it's clearly noted and number and explained. Not using said resources and struggling is a personal choice you made. Asking me to change the game over that, not likely.

I am not trying to be harsh mind you, it's just very difficult to articulate the fact this game is known for having puzzles, your alternative suggestion of removing them and just having people click would make it a different game entirely.
Now it's just became ridiculous. I was explaining why from player's perspective that particular puzzle has bad design, and all I've got "don't care, you didn't do it, do something first kek". And I wasn't "struggling" (lol), solved that shit in a few mins just because so happens that I'm a fucking nerd and playing waaaaay too much games as far as I remember myself.

So I have suggested just as an alternative remove that one bad-designed-puzzle instead of reworking it (i.e. wasting much extra time) to improve the game. And on that I've got "we are not removing all the puzzles coz this is a game feature". Alright then, sorry for wasting time, your Majesty, I'm leaving thread for good.

P.S. I guess "future projects" somehow looks not that shiny now in my mind.

Jan 7, 2018
Got no problem with the mini games. I do feel they could be connected to the main story. Make the player advance in the game/corrupt the the characters. They have no real purpose in the game, no reward like raising stats nor money. Can't even level the corruption stat since there's none.

For example: Luna game could be connect to the tutoring and then the bedroom. In order to unluck this the player would have to finish the mini game first;

Same with Susan. Amelia would give you the info about Helena, after finishing it

Hermione could be connected to the tutoring part where she would learn to loose it a bit...

Anyway just a suggestion

Reactions: Jaun Karr

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Now it's just became ridiculous. I was explaining why from player's perspective that particular puzzle has bad design, and all I've got "don't care, you didn't do it, do something first kek". And I wasn't "struggling" (lol), solved that shit in a few mins just because so happens that I'm a fucking nerd and playing waaaaay too much games as far as I remember myself.

So I have suggested just as an alternative remove that one bad-designed-puzzle instead of reworking it (i.e. wasting much extra time) to improve the game. And on that I've got "we are not removing all the puzzles coz this is a game feature". Alright then, sorry for wasting time, your Majesty, I'm leaving thread for good.

P.S. I guess "future projects" somehow looks not that shiny now in my mind.
byefelicia.jpg

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Got no problem with the mini games. I do feel they could be connected to the main story. Make the player advance in the game/corrupt the the characters. They have no real purpose in the game, no reward like raising stats nor money. Can't even level the corruption stat since there's none.

For example: Luna game could be connect to the tutoring and then the bedroom. In order to unluck this the player would have to finish the mini game first;

Same with Susan. Amelia would give you the info about Helena, after finishing it

Hermione could be connected to the tutoring part where she would learn to loose it a bit...

Anyway just a suggestion
So the problem with the minigames was we wanted to make them optional, we had agreed to make it so they don't affect progress.

However, that being said, it becomes more apparent that as someone succeeds in them, it would be logical they affect the relationship etc... So yeah, we will revisit that definitely. I agree, with your thoughts on it.

I think people have pointed out ambitions exceeding ability, with regards to game play before, this is one of those scenarios. Where really, it's just hard to cram everything into a one month release window at the level of ambition we have.

We will revisit a lot of this after the next main scene, the release after should just be a polish and connection release focusing more on these elements. Originally, I thought another location, but our artist also thinks we could add more interactions using our idols (the larger images of the girls with the blurred backgrounds). So we will probably do that.

Hopefully, with more time, things will get better. At the same time, I have to try to make a mad dash to the finish, so we have the entire concept and game in a place where fixing all the things is easier to do, because we know where the game ends and how etc. Without all the in place, it's harder to make such choices without possibly double doing the work.

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Call me paranoid all you want, I'd bet most mods and "influencers," to which you undoubtedly count, are bribed and many of those "games" have the exact same guys behind them only with a different name. I'm happy that I never wasted a single cent on patreon and never will. While still getting all games I want for free.
I support paying developers, especially in these type of niche categories, but as always buyer need to beware. I disagree with early access for big studios / companies, but when it's one guy with good skills and a decent track record it makes sense that they need financial stability to produce content. We all need to eat and and roof at the end of the day.

anikon

Dec 22, 2017
I think what people should remember when rating is that what's being evaluated is the game, not the patreon experience.
There are games with much slower dev cycles getting better ratings, unfairily IMO.
The game has problems of course (the writing is confusing, the difficulty of the hermione minigames was ridiculous at one point) and the dev does move quite slowly, but it is still very good, the visuals are pretty much unmatched, and there are 2 very nice scenes on chapter 5. If the new scene teased is released soon, it will be a an even better game.
And let's face it, most people here are not supporting the dev on patreon, so just chill

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Call me paranoid all you want, I'd bet most mods and "influencers," to which you undoubtedly count, are bribed and many of those "games" have the exact same guys behind them only with a different name. I'm happy that I never wasted a single cent on patreon and never will. While still getting all games I want for free.
Implying other people are wasting their money, and you are somehow better or enlightened by not doing so, okay. Without those other people, these games wouldn't exist for you to play, because there would be no support.

And let's face it, most people here are not supporting the dev on patreon, so just chill
This.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jaun Karr and Jarul

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
When someone said it was hugely optimistic that the game will be done end of 2020, that's the main plot and writing and most the locations/stuff for the engine. It will probably be another year before everything is fleshed out after that for the game to have all scenes complete with all girls.

Lastly, I have to set a hard stop date for my involvement in the game. I enjoy doing it for now, that will eventually end, the quality will go down and everyone will hate me. I don't want that to happen. So, exit plans. Exit strategy, having hard end dates to push people to get the game completed.
*record scratch*

Wait wait wait. So you have a self-imposed deadline (admirable by itself, tbh). Basically 12 months to finish the plot, and 12 more for the art. Did I get this right?

Given the development speed this year, and let's double... no, quadruple it, divided by 4 main characters and 1-2 side hoes...
math.jpg

2-3 scenes per girl and the game ends?

:KEK:

3.00 star(s) 322 Votes