Sortek

Jan 23, 2018
Another version, but I'm going to hold off until 0.7F, which is probably about 3 months away. Happy that they are reworking a lot of the game as well as progressing the main story.

Mar 18, 2019
Another version, but I'm going to hold off until 0.7F, which is probably about 3 months away. Happy that they are reworking a lot of the game as well as progressing the main story.
More likely 6 months. Last F version was the end of December, we just got 0.7A. They're running close to 3 month average dev time now between releases.

Ackerlight

Donor
Jun 5, 2018
More likely 6 months. Last F version was the end of December, we just got 0.7A. They're running close to 3 month average dev time now between releases.
That may even be optimistic. Considering this is year 5, development has been incredibly slow on a game that supposedly has an entire team working on it.

May 21, 2018
I can't progress past because I can't contact Hagrid. He's not in the address book for to send letter to. Do I have to play the whole game again just for Hagrid to be available?

jbk

Apr 4, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, what the hell have they done to the second act??? That has to be some of the worst storytelling i have ever seen. The dialogue is sometimes impossible to follow or just laughably bad and many dialogues/quests seem to happen for no good reason, don't lead anywhere or make you go in circles. And this isn't because of the new, not yet implemented events in the first act, I'm aware of those.
A good example would be the lead-up to the drink mixing challenge with Snape. It basically starts with Marcus thinking that it's unlikely that Snape would just give him the potion he wants, so he has to challenge him somehow. Then he proceeds to meet with Snape and asks him for the potion, but Snape declines as expected, because he suspects that Marcus is up to no good. However he isn't mean or overly negative towards Marcus when he declines. Cool, makes sense so far...
Marcus then asks Minerva for help, but she just tells him that he would have to be a woman to seduce Snape, which Marcus obviously isn't so it won't work. Ok, asking her for help still kind of made sense, but what was the point of this other than wasting time? Literally nothing comes of this dialogue with her.
Now it gets really fucking ridiculous.
He sits down with his picture (Sally) and complains that Snape "hates him" even though Snape basically just said he doesn't trust Marcus with that potion. He then comes to the glorious conclusion that he somehow has to outdo snape. OH NO SHIT SHERLOCK we literally startet this whole thing with Marcus thinking he has to challenge Snape to get that potion...
But hey it gets worse. Marcus then decides to randomly listen to some students conversations, because that might somehow give him an idea on how to challenge Snape. OK could work, but those conversations would have to be about some weakness of Snape right? NOPE
All the available student dialogues are just random unrelated blabber and then he just stumbles onto the recipes for a bunch of drinks and that's it. Thats literally it, he just randomly finds the fucking magazine, that will help him challenge Snape.
It's like they aren't even trying to build a coherent storyline. This was literally a bunch of random events and dialogues that happen for no reason other than to waste time and justify the drink mixing minigame.
But this is just one of many bad changes, they also took the "Passing Exam via Mind Control" 1:1 from the previous story, but now i feels like it happens out of nowhere.
It's basically 1. Marcus: "I have to give the girls lessons to help them pass the exam" 2. Marcus: "Hey I'll help you pass the exam" Girl: "K thx, bye" 3. Girl: -arrives on day of exam- Marcus: -proceeds to insta mind control them-
No buildup, no explanation, nothing. It just has to happen because they copy pasted it from the previous story, where it actually made sense.
In the early stages the dialogue in this game might have been way too long and boring, but at least it kinda made sense. And when they started slimming it down recently it actually became pretty decent. This new version of the second act feels like playing through the ruins of the original story. I think they made a huge mistake by completely rewriting everything and then hamfisting old parts of the story into the new one. The overall dialoge quality also got significantly worse, no idea what happened there, maybe a different writer. I hope they can somehow fix this clusterfuck...

Jon Humbert

Jul 30, 2018
Make your bets, when is the next update (0.7B) coming considering the expected delay? How many annoying minigames, blue balling and text walls are they gonna label as new content?
I can only predict July, the other things will be a new broken, unfinished and milking release record that at least Sad Crab doesn't dissapoint to deliver

Reactions: nerfthenebelwerfer

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
Hi, recurring error message
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'act1_ch.send_letter'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 63, in script call
File "scripts/plot/plot_menu.rpyc", line 143, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/act1_menu.rpyc", line 33, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_3_menus.rpyc", line 420, in script call
File "mechanics/letters.rpyc", line 83, in script call
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1444, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "script.rpyc", line 63, in script call
File "scripts/plot/plot_menu.rpyc", line 143, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/act1_menu.rpyc", line 33, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_3_menus.rpyc", line 420, in script call
File "mechanics/letters.rpyc", line 83, in script call
File "renpy/script.py", line 910, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'act1_ch.send_letter'.

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Innocent Witches 0.7.0-alpha
Tue Apr 13 06:30:14 2021
```

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
This game is too much of a grind and too confusing to play at the best of times. Sorry, but hard pass.

3.00 star(s) 324 Votes