voler777

May 9, 2018
R they gonna continue the old plot? this game is a disaster
I downloaded this game today got to the act 1 and at owl thingy game crashes alt f4ed XD full of buggs i fount out waitin for that hotfix version i guess lets see im new to this game like the art

Reactions: joe316
Sep 15, 2017
their attitude on discord is one of the most toxic I've seen in any dev-team. I feel a demeaning tone on every english-speaker in there.
Kinda ironic since the game their making is based on a fictional story of a British magic school written by an author who is you guessed it also english

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017
I remember the first time when I played this game was 3 years ago, spending days, weeks on playing this game. After all these times, this game still has no mod, no open console, no sex scene and nothing new about gameplay. The only thing it's got is a bunch of dialogs that will be boring you while you are horny because of erotic arts

My last thought: Seems like they are turning this game into the kind of fooking boring Japanese dating simulator game
wait but theres the minerva sex scene at the beginning credit where credits due but yea i played till chapter 4 act 1 and was playing chapter 5 encountered no sex scenes

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
I remember the first time when I played this game was 3 years ago, spending days, weeks on playing this game. After all these times, this game still has no mod, no open console, no sex scene and nothing new about gameplay. The only thing it's got is a bunch of dialogs that will be boring you while you are horny because of erotic arts

My last thought: Seems like they are turning this game into the kind of fooking boring Japanese dating simulator game
There are two sex scenes in the game. One with Daphne and one that nobody wants.

kinkybastard

Nov 21, 2017
whoa... i just took a look at the devs update site... and WTF? "this content is available for 20$ tier patrons"
someone asks when the update/bugfix will be available for lower tier patrons and the answer is "wait for news"
i tend to give indie devs a loooot of leeway but this is just snobby behaviour...
first they break the game completely (sending your first owl makes it crash) and then they have the nerve to make the fucking BUGFIX only available to those who dump 20$ or more?
next thing they'll introduce fucking lootboxes...

and that ladies and gentlemen is the reason piracy is en vouge right now...

Jstain

Skeet Skeet
Donor
Jun 27, 2018
There are two sex scenes in the game. One with Daphne and one that nobody wants.
Speak for yourself, she's actually my favorite in the game and I hope we get more Minerva. She looks nothing like in the movies and her sexy mature appearance in this game is just my cup of tea.
Those stockings and heels tho...

lasttrolley

Apr 24, 2019
You can play the game, but to do so, you have to skip to Act 2. Playing from the beginning is no longer an option and unless you play the 0.6.5 version.

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
whoa... i just took a look at the devs update site... and WTF? "this content is available for 20$ tier patrons"
someone asks when the update/bugfix will be available for lower tier patrons and the answer is "wait for news"
i tend to give indie devs a loooot of leeway but this is just snobby behaviour...
first they break the game completely (sending your first owl makes it crash) and then they have the nerve to make the fucking BUGFIX only available to those who dump 20$ or more?
next thing they'll introduce fucking lootboxes...

and that ladies and gentlemen is the reason piracy is en vouge right now...
Glad to hear that this hot garbage game was purposely broken. I thought that the letter bug was just happening to me.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
I confirmed the game crash in Act 1 just by sending first letter
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'act1_ch.send_letter'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 63, in script call
    @SÙÔs
  File "game/scripts/plot/plot_menu.rpyc", line 143, in script call
  File "game/scripts/plot/act_1/act1_menu.rpyc", line 17, in script call
    ðÁÂî~«ýÀmir{²w¹µw¦É]¥4OnhìÈÝe¢½4è5É=,˽ird±51÷²p¶½xå|0M(EÝÚFòpçÆìJÙÝG
  File "game/scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_1_menus.rpyc", line 318, in script call
        ÷pâæÐaK+rØ&öñ�Îðoh©s Qi
  File "game/mechanics/letters.rpyc", line 83, in script call
    J+ä<Þ.lMd¾'<û>M®NSndÑöòKd³bUçëÐ
  File "/home/mars/MEGAsync Downloads/Innocent_Witches/renpy/ast.py", line 1444, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
    @SÙÔs
        ÷pâæÐaK+rØ&öñ�Îðoh©s Qi
  File "/home/mars/MEGAsync Downloads/Innocent_Witches/renpy/script.py", line 910, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Linux-5.4.108-1-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Innocent Witches 0.7.0-alpha
Thu Apr 15 02:08:01 2021

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
Speak for yourself, she's actually my favorite in the game and I hope we get more Minerva. She looks nothing like in the movies and her sexy mature appearance in this game is just my cup of tea.
Those stockings and heels tho...
I won't kickshame. But I think the majority is not into gilfs. But I also found the first daphne sexscene disgusting in opposition to the later variation. A woman coming onto a man as strongly as minerva does even though I always mock/ ignore her or dominating him like daphne does just isn't my cup of tea. I would rather have Marcus break Daphne instead of Daphne breaking the player character, but maybe I am just to used to japanase style hentai...

FROZEX

Oct 2, 2018
I confirmed the game crash in Act 1 just by sending first letter
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    @SÙÔs
        ÷pâæÐaK+rØ&öñ�Îðoh©s Qi
  File "/home/mars/MEGAsync Downloads/Innocent_Witches/renpy/ast.py", line 1444, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
    @SÙÔs
        ÷pâæÐaK+rØ&öñ�Îðoh©s Qi
  File "/home/mars/MEGAsync Downloads/Innocent_Witches/renpy/script.py", line 910, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Linux-5.4.108-1-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Innocent Witches 0.7.0-alpha
Thu Apr 15 02:08:01 2021
Already written several times that this is a bug, the dev has already released a patch 0.7.1, but it is still only on patreon

Reactions: joe316

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
My problem with the focus on Minerva is that for the character to work they had to massively redesign her, she doesn't resemble the incarnation in the books and moves in the slightest. Each character gets a certain amount of redesign, best example being that Hermione is a busty bombshell in the game, but at least they still resemble themselves. Minerva may as well be the granddaughter of the actual character because she looks decades younger than she should. She's an OC wearing the name of the actual character and to me that's a problem since A) outside of the one guy on here the focus of the game should be on the actual characters, and B) it's not even a good redesign.
I only know the books and not the movies, but besides being a bit overwhelmed by the load of creatures only she sees luna is actually quite smart and overly pervert coming onto MC strongly from the beginning. Ginny is just a slut without depth and generelly everyone besides Hermione acts just like a tipically horny teenager instead of what the books suggest about the characters. Even Susan, she just supresses it because she is ashamed of her body for no reason. And don't even get me started on Ron...They didn't really take the already existing characters into strong consideration. I am just happy that Harry isn't in the game. Daniel Radcliffe killed that dude for me.

3.00 star(s) 324 Votes