pingmitzi

Nov 28, 2019
I'm not the guy you responded to,

but i'm playing the windows/pc version and i placed boths saves in Innocent_Witches-0.8-alpha-pc/game/save

i've resetted all my progress and installed the saves, but it doesn't work
Try this
Play the game and put it here: Appdata\Roaming\RenPy\Innocent-Witches-0-8-0. It has a new file name and a previous file name Innocent-Witches-0-7-3.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnMayor

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
are saves persistent through versions yet? i mean, do i have to start over with every new release (like it was before)

pingmitzi

Nov 28, 2019
are saves persistent through versions yet? i mean, do i have to start over with every new release (like it was before)
You need to start over again because it has a new file name: Roaming\RenPy\Innocent-Witches-0-8-0 and previous in 0.7.3 save file will not work and incompatible.

Reactions: cuteelf

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
So just downloaded the game to try it out and got a bit confused at the old / new plot choice at the beginning.

Also tried to look up info about this and please correct me if I am wrong but pretty much Old Plot is Prologue + Act 1/2 but made with the old writer, while New Plot starts in Act 1 but only has about half Act 1 and has stuff for Act 2 with the new writer but eventually it will also include Prologue + the full Act 1 and so on later down the line?

So the best bet is to start Old Plot and then once it's finished go and try New Plot?

The new plot being marked with stars made me think it's the best choice to pick at first.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
So just downloaded the game to try it out and got a bit confused at the old / new plot choice at the beginning.

Also tried to look up info about this and please correct me if I am wrong but pretty much Old Plot is Prologue + Act 1/2 but made with the old writer, while New Plot starts in Act 1 but only has about half Act 1 and has stuff for Act 2 with the new writer but eventually it will also include Prologue + the full Act 1 and so on later down the line?

So the best bet is to start Old Plot and then once it's finished go and try New Plot?

The new plot being marked with stars made me think it's the best choice to pick at first.
The best bet is to just watch the thread and enjoy the endless drama. At the rate it's progressing the game won't be worth playing for another 6 years; by which time the seemingly endless rewrites should be done, the mini-games will be streamlined and a lot fewer and we'll finally be able to have penetrative sex with anyone other than McGonagal.

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
And ppl actually believed the "we get this game finished by the end of 2020" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But you are right about the endless drama. Ex patreons know all about that and vented in here for years. And given the rewrite (which i just found out about a few days ago) makes this hilarious and even funnier to me. The only one i feel bad about in all of this is the person drawing the amazing art style.
Well just played through the prologue in Old Plot and then played started act 1 in New Plot and well it turns out that you play through the prologue in the new plot as well. I couldn't really notice any difference between the part in old/new except that New plot included something like while talking to Dumbledore it had an added text in the third choice (Finishes the conversation). Did skip through most of the it though since everything seemed the same.

But yeah looking at what state the game is at and from the response comments here I'll put this one on ice for a while even though it was recommended to me.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
I couldn't really notice any difference between the part in old/new
From what I saw, I gather the only real significance of the new plot is that you get to do more of the grind in a single playthrough. For example, when assessing the girls' proposals. In the old plot you only pick one girl to focus on and go through hers. In the new plot, you do that for all four.

superfire516

Feb 6, 2020
Take it from someone with a 100% playthrough. This game still sucks and is not worth the time. Unless youve a kink for working your ass off for vanilla soft core. What you saw on the front page of this is literally all the game has to offer in the way of decent scenes and feels pretty scummy and manipulative. Big shame of a waste considering the fine art. But not even the art can save this current state. Itll be years before this game is even half of what it shouldve been by now. Youre better off just not even getting involved with this. Even with the gallery unlock its overall just sad how it leaves you wanting. Why people support this is beyond me. Also dont think that because I beat the game that It was good enough to play through. The whole time I was just telling myself that it will get better. It doesnt.

Last edited:

RogerDodger5

Aug 13, 2020
Hi all,
Started playing i always get crashes when switching wardrobe for sonya but am able to ignore, however, this recent crash i experienced when using the apparition potion for the first time i cannot figure out, any help appreciated!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_5/menus.rpy:2862
NameError: name 'xpos' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 63, in script call
File "scripts/plot/plot_menu.rpyc", line 187, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/act1_menu.rpyc", line 49, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_5/menus.rpyc", line 389, in script call
File "mechanics/inventory.rpyc", line 142, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_5/menus.rpyc", line 2748, in script call
File "scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_5/menus.rpyc", line 2914, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2010, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1998, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/modules/parse_utilities/main.rpym", line 1074, in wrap_call
func(self)
File "game/modules/parse_utilities/main.rpym", line 264, in wrap
return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/modules/statements.rpym", line 28, in execute
renpy.pause(delay_arg, hard=self.hard)
File "game/modules/early_definitions.rpym", line 671, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="pause", type="pause", roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
i()
File "renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 468, in update_states
d.visit_all(visit)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 558, in visit_all
for d in self.visit():
File "renpy/atl.py", line 603, in visit
block = self.compile()
File "renpy/atl.py", line 510, in compile
block = self.atl.compile(self.context)
File "game/modules/ATL.rpym", line 91, in compile
statements = [ i.compile(ctx) for i in self.statements ]
File "renpy/atl.py", line 953, in compile
value = ctx.eval(expr)
File "renpy/atl.py", line 260, in eval
return eval(expr, renpy.store.__dict__, self.context) # @UndefinedVariable
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Innocent Witches 0.8-alpha
Mon Oct 11 10:52:23 2021

Dusko

Jul 12, 2017
Hi all,
Started playing i always get crashes when switching wardrobe for sonya but am able to ignore, however, this recent crash i experienced when using the apparition potion for the first time i cannot figure out, any help appreciated!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/plot/act_1/chapter_5/menus.rpy:2862

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
you can skip the chapter 5 in this bugged version. Since you cant finish it without the catalog that is there.
i have tried to repair this with the file menus.rpy from previous version but it doesn't help, the error changes to menus.rpy:2860

Reactions: RogerDodger5
3.00 star(s) 322 Votes