Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Oh I have been but $20 is a bit steep for an alpha build 3 months of apha and one would have paid for a AAA title complete
Kinda the issue with crowdfunding in general. Game would list price mabye 20 bucks on steam, but people get miff'd you dont give them 100s so they can keep going. It's not a scam though. There is a product availible, your not paying for nothing at all.

Don't get me wrong. It's a bad investment for anyone else to give money at this point. It doesn't speed up the project, nor does it produce more content. I think that is something potental crowd funders really need to look at in terms of support for a project is exactly how much more would be produced if more money were to be put in.

Reactions: jmpiv4

Grompot

Dec 22, 2018
Kinda the issue with crowdfunding in general. Game would list price mabye 20 bucks on steam, but people get miff'd you dont give them 100s so they can keep going. It's not a scam though. There is a product availible, your not paying for nothing at all.

Don't get me wrong. It's a bad investment for anyone else to give money at this point. It doesn't speed up the project, nor does it produce more content. I think that is something potental crowd funders really need to look at in terms of support for a project is exactly how much more would be produced if more money were to be put in.
I beg to differ. When I started to support this game there was no hint system at all, there where no acts, the english was really bad, Hell there wasn't even a full scene yet and at the time there were 4 team members - a game designer (joe banks), a project manger (Khan), 1 artist (Siserg) and a game developer (Andy). Since then the team has increased to 11no members. They brought in a new game designer, they hired more artists to free up Siserg to do the full scenes, they have changes the engine it runs on, they have translators bring the game to other languages, they introduced L2D animations (intro screen and 2no scenes with the girls), they have rewritten the plot line to get rid of that old dreadful plot, they have brought sound into the game etc. I would say they are doing well and the supporters can see the progress, speed and quality increase.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I beg to differ. When I started to support this game there was no hint system at all, there where no acts, the english was really bad, Hell there wasn't even a full scene yet and at the time there were 4 team members - a game designer (joe banks), a project manger (Khan), 1 artist (Siserg) and a game developer (Andy). Since then the team has increased to 11no members. They brought in a new game designer, they hired more artists to free up Siserg to do the full scenes, they have changes the engine it runs on, they have translators bring the game to other languages, they introduced L2D animations (intro screen and 2no scenes with the girls), they have rewritten the plot line to get rid of that old dreadful plot, they have brought sound into the game etc. I would say they are doing well and the supporters can see the progress, speed and quality increase.
There is a lot wrong with that picture. But it does explain a lot.

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
What's the difference between the old plot and new plot?
Old plot is the original story that will not be updated anymore, new plot will eventually have all the content from old plot plus new stuff, and new story which we'll continue to update. There's a prologue in new plot also, it's just in first chapter/
If you haven't played the game yet it's recommended to try out old plot first, since there's more content there at the moment

ThePumpkin

Dec 15, 2021
On *New plot* chapter 1, 1 2 and 3 are available but 4 and 5 show (WIP) anyone know what that means?
I get a feeling its saying will be added but if its connected to patreon please tell me thanks :)

Reactions: MitsosMan2000

ThePumpkin

Dec 15, 2021
Yeah all their post are the same bs and self praise, all to say "we have worked so hard doing nothing and the feedback was recieved, next update will be the same"
Now their project leader is lurking around here complaining why his 6 year old game doesn't have good reviews.
But people is clearly happy to dump 25k
I suppose the creator is saying he spent quite the resources in making and maintaining this game's graphics.
Sure the money for the resources are from patrons but still doesn't change that it costs.

By no means am I having his back, just saying that from my view of things. The game is amazing. graphics keeps improving but no matter how much he puts into the game... If it doesn't have impactful updates after many months then its all gone to waste.

Even a trash pixel game, with super low costs in maintaining it can reach the top just because the updates are good.
If the creator, as you say, came to F95 to see the reviews then and he learned nothing from them... Then he's either stubborn or very dense.

DanielJ04

Jan 11, 2021
On *New plot* chapter 1, 1 2 and 3 are available but 4 and 5 show (WIP) anyone know what that means?
I get a feeling its saying will be added but if its connected to patreon please tell me thanks :)
You can litterally search WIP in google instead of asking the whole sentence :p. Chapter 4 and 5 will be added in about 4-5 months later in 0.10 (i think)

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
Bad news people

Sadcrab Patreon said:
Hello there, fellow wizards and witches!
As you might already know, we always stay away from any topic that isn’t related to our game, since there are so many sources and platforms for information nowadays, where anyone can discuss literally any topic, provided they have an urge to do so. Therefore, we never bring this kind of stuff into our community and therefore we avoid providing any opinion to such things from a position of a game developer company.
However, since the recent events might affect (and in fact are already affecting) the development of the game, we felt it is necessary to let you know about the current situation with the game and how it will impact the release of the upcoming version.
First things first. Our development team is (and has always been) international. We don’t sit in one local office and work on the game there. We have people from all around the world in the team, and we are extremely happy and thankful that we can work on the game this way. Sadly, several of our key members, who are responsible for writing the texts and creating art, are located in the zone of military conflict. This unfortunately means that this will directly impact the release date of the next patch. At the moment, we can’t estimate how severe this impact will be, and we’ll start looking for alternative solutions to this problem if the situation doesn’t change for the better in the very near future. The rest of our art team and coding team are not impacted by these events in the same way, so there should not be any major delays on their side.
Our development team is not just a group of people who work on making the game. We are practically like a family now, and we will without a doubt support any member who is directly impacted by these events. The members of the team are already organizing additional internal fund to make sure that our members have everything they need to get through all of this.
Lastly, we as a team are completely opposed to any military actions that might involve civilian casualties. Please rest assured that we do not support anything of the sort and will never do. Our position as a game developer is simple and straightforward - bring joy and happiness into the lives of our dear players all around the world by creating a product they love and care about. Obviously, this is something completely opposite to what is happening right now in the world.
With that, we want to thank all of you for your understanding and concerns that we continuously get via the direct messages. We will continue to develop the game regardless of what happens and will fulfill our promises and honor the trust you put into the game throughout these years.
As a small bonus we will be soon organizing a week of spoilers! Our artists will post snippets and small previews of the art that is coming in the future versions in our server, so stay tuned :)
Stay strong!
Until next time.
Yours,
Team Sadcrab.

Здравствуйте, дорогие волшебники и волшебницы!
Как вы, наверное, уже знаете, мы всегда держимся подальше от любых тем, не связанных с нашей игрой, поскольку в наше время существует очень много источников и платформ для получения информации, где каждый может обсудить буквально любую тему, если у него есть желание это сделать. Поэтому мы никогда не тащим подобные вещи в наше сообщество, и мы стараемся избегать высказывания своего мнения о таких вещах с позиции компании-разработчика игры.
Однако, поскольку последние события могут повлиять (и фактически уже влияют) на разработку игры, мы посчитали необходимым сообщить вам о текущей ситуации с игрой и о том, как она повлияет на выход следующей версии.
Пару слов для контекста. Наша команда разработчиков является (и всегда была) международной. Мы не сидим в одном локальном офисе и не работаем над игрой, физически находясь там. В нашей команде - люди со всего мира, и мы очень рады и благодарны, что можем работать над игрой таким образом. К сожалению, несколько из наших ключевых участников команды, которые отвечают за написание текстов и арт, находятся в зоне военного конфликта. Это, в свою очередь, напрямую повлияет на дату выхода следующего патча. На данный момент мы не можем оценить, насколько серьезным это влияние будет. Мы начнем искать альтернативные решения этой проблемы, если ситуация не изменится к лучшему в самое ближайшее время. Остальная часть команды художников и команда кодеров не затронуты этими событиями в той же степени, поэтому никаких серьезных задержек с их стороны быть не должно.
Наша команда разработчиков - это не просто группа людей, которые работают над созданием игры. Мы уже практически как семья, и мы, без сомнения, поддержим любого члена команды, которого непосредственно затронут эти события. Члены команды уже организуют дополнительный внутренний фонд, направленный на то, чтобы у участников команды было все необходимое, чтобы пройти через все это.
Наконец, мы как команда полностью против любых военных действий, которые могут повлечь за собой жертвы среди гражданского населения. Пожалуйста, будьте уверены, что мы не поддерживаем ничего подобного и никогда не будем. Наша позиция как разработчиков игр проста и понятна - приносить радость и счастье в жизнь наших дорогих игроков по всему миру, создавая продукт, который они любят и который им не безразличен. Очевидно, что это нечто совершенно противоположное тому, что происходит сейчас в мире.
В связи с этим, мы хотим поблагодарить всех вас за понимание и сообщения поддержки, которые мы получаем в личных сообщениях. Мы продолжим развивать и разрабатывать игру, что бы ни случилось. Мы сдержим наши обещания и безусловно будем уважать доверие, которое вы оказывали и продолжаете оказывать игре на протяжении всех этих лет.
Чтобы хотя бы немного отвлечься от потока новостей, мы скоро организуем неделю спойлеров! Наши художники будут публиковать фрагменты и небольшие превью артов, которые появятся в будущих версиях, в , так что следите за новостями :)
Оставайтесь сильными!
До следующего раза.
Ваши,
Грустные Крабы.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
Not everyone who uses Cyrillic is Russian. Bulgaria, Serbia, Ukraine and other Slavic nations use it too.

Reactions: Scove
3.00 star(s) 321 Votes