MisterHeftig

Jan 4, 2023
News 20.02.2024

Hello, everyone!
Ten days are past us and it’s time to update you on what’s been cooking and what’s the current status for 0.11A, and some details about what’s planned next. Let’s go!

But first, as always, the art-preview (available in the next post). This time it’s the full-height art of the elf-maid which participates in one of the events from 0.11A. Looks quite delicious, and I’m not speaking only about the food on the tray that she’s holding ;)

Next, what’s been done during the past 10 days.

First half of the time has been dedicated to finishing and releasing the seasonal update that added a short but sweet St. Valentine’s Day themed event with the most popular girl in the whole school. This event was meant as an intermediate content addition before 0.11A releases, so that there’s something new for you to play with before the update comes out. We felt that even though the seasonal event was quite short, it was still better to release it and not miss the seasonal theme. We hope you’ve liked it, even if Hermione is not your cup of tea :)

Second half of the development time has been used on continuing the development of 0.11A. Among inserting new logic and new art for the events, we’ve also:
  • Fixed several bugs that were reported recently, such as the one that sometimes made the elf-maid stay on the screen during some of the events in the Headmaster’s office, and the one that caused the package from Hagrid to not properly transition between the chapters during the second part of the Mandrake sidequest. The bug with Christmas quest (part 1) not working properly in Act 2 prologue has been fixed as well. Finally, we’ve fixed another batch of typos and grammar mistakes.
  • Added a new mechanic that will make it possible to create menus with time-limited choices.

This will be used in several scenarios where time is of the essence and it’s crucial to make a choice. The goal here is to create a feeling of urgency and add more immersion to the events.

Apart from that we’re continuing to add the art and the logic for the rest of 0.11A. The art is almost finished, despite setting a hard deadline. It was not possible to achieve it since we needed new art for St. Valentine’s Day, which made the artists switch to new tasks. But the day of the release is very near and we’ll work hard to bring the new version of the game as soon as possible.

Now, let’s look a bit into the future. Last time we shared our plans about expanding the activities in the potions classroom, where Marcus will be able to watch over the students making mistakes, and consequently trying to save them from the danger they brought on themselves. As a result, Marcus will be able to receive a little bit of galleons, and of course, lewd rewards from the grateful students.

In the same context, we’ve also been looking into other parts of the game that can receive similar expansions. Recently we’ve looked into the part that is an essential part of HP lore - quidditch. We feel that since we’re making the game about HP universe, we can’t skip this aspect. At the moment the general idea is to start with some sort of management activities, such as supporting a quidditch team that represents your favorite faculty, and also managing a team of cheerleaders to, khm, boost the performance of the team’s participants, as well as to show the audience which team has the best cheerleaders.

1708455440605.png

All of this is being planned with the main goal in mind - we don’t want to make a very deep and complicated system, as it will not fit the game very well, but at the same time it needs to have enough depth and progression to be enjoyable for the players. Therefore, we will need to prototype and find a balance between simple and complex progression paths, and not go too deep to keep the whole thing manageable and implementable within a reasonable time span. We hope you will like the new additions when they are in place :)

And now, let’s finish this news post with a voting round. Traditionally, after releasing a content patch we would be happy to hear your opinion on it. Did you like the event in the recent St. Valentine’s Day update? Was it too short, or was it fine for a seasonal event? How about the fullscreen kissing scene, did you like how Hermione looked on it, or was her face completely not like you'd expected? Please let us know by voting or commenting below!

• I liked the event very much! Hermione best waifu XOXO <3 The kissing scene art was good too!
  • The event was fine, but of course it should’ve been longer! Hermione looked strange in that art too.
  • It was too short, and pretty meh. Also, that was not Hermione in that art, but someone else.
  • I haven’t played it yet.
  • I don’t care / I want to know the results.
That’ll be all for today, folks! We greatly appreciate you sticking around and continuing to support the development by donating and leaving feedback. Thank you!

We’ll meet again in 10 days. Until then, stay safe and have fun!

Peace✌

Your,

Sad crabs.

1708455473302.png

Moedoe

Jul 13, 2019
News 20.02.2024

Hello, everyone!
Ten days are past us and it’s time to update you on what’s been cooking and what’s the current status for 0.11A, and some details about what’s planned next. Let’s go!

But first, as always, the art-preview (available in the next post). This time it’s the full-height art of the elf-maid which participates in one of the events from 0.11A. Looks quite delicious, and I’m not speaking only about the food on the tray that she’s holding ;)

Next, what’s been done during the past 10 days.

First half of the time has been dedicated to finishing and releasing the seasonal update that added a short but sweet St. Valentine’s Day themed event with the most popular girl in the whole school. This event was meant as an intermediate content addition before 0.11A releases, so that there’s something new for you to play with before the update comes out. We felt that even though the seasonal event was quite short, it was still better to release it and not miss the seasonal theme. We hope you’ve liked it, even if Hermione is not your cup of tea :)

Second half of the development time has been used on continuing the development of 0.11A. Among inserting new logic and new art for the events, we’ve also:
  • Fixed several bugs that were reported recently, such as the one that sometimes made the elf-maid stay on the screen during some of the events in the Headmaster’s office, and the one that caused the package from Hagrid to not properly transition between the chapters during the second part of the Mandrake sidequest. The bug with Christmas quest (part 1) not working properly in Act 2 prologue has been fixed as well. Finally, we’ve fixed another batch of typos and grammar mistakes.
  • Added a new mechanic that will make it possible to create menus with time-limited choices.

This will be used in several scenarios where time is of the essence and it’s crucial to make a choice. The goal here is to create a feeling of urgency and add more immersion to the events.

Apart from that we’re continuing to add the art and the logic for the rest of 0.11A. The art is almost finished, despite setting a hard deadline. It was not possible to achieve it since we needed new art for St. Valentine’s Day, which made the artists switch to new tasks. But the day of the release is very near and we’ll work hard to bring the new version of the game as soon as possible.

Now, let’s look a bit into the future. Last time we shared our plans about expanding the activities in the potions classroom, where Marcus will be able to watch over the students making mistakes, and consequently trying to save them from the danger they brought on themselves. As a result, Marcus will be able to receive a little bit of galleons, and of course, lewd rewards from the grateful students.

In the same context, we’ve also been looking into other parts of the game that can receive similar expansions. Recently we’ve looked into the part that is an essential part of HP lore - quidditch. We feel that since we’re making the game about HP universe, we can’t skip this aspect. At the moment the general idea is to start with some sort of management activities, such as supporting a quidditch team that represents your favorite faculty, and also managing a team of cheerleaders to, khm, boost the performance of the team’s participants, as well as to show the audience which team has the best cheerleaders.

View attachment 3372108

All of this is being planned with the main goal in mind - we don’t want to make a very deep and complicated system, as it will not fit the game very well, but at the same time it needs to have enough depth and progression to be enjoyable for the players. Therefore, we will need to prototype and find a balance between simple and complex progression paths, and not go too deep to keep the whole thing manageable and implementable within a reasonable time span. We hope you will like the new additions when they are in place :)

And now, let’s finish this news post with a voting round. Traditionally, after releasing a content patch we would be happy to hear your opinion on it. Did you like the event in the recent St. Valentine’s Day update? Was it too short, or was it fine for a seasonal event? How about the fullscreen kissing scene, did you like how Hermione looked on it, or was her face completely not like you'd expected? Please let us know by voting or commenting below!

• I liked the event very much! Hermione best waifu XOXO <3 The kissing scene art was good too!
  • The event was fine, but of course it should’ve been longer! Hermione looked strange in that art too.
  • It was too short, and pretty meh. Also, that was not Hermione in that art, but someone else.
  • I haven’t played it yet.
  • I don’t care / I want to know the results.
That’ll be all for today, folks! We greatly appreciate you sticking around and continuing to support the development by donating and leaving feedback. Thank you!

We’ll meet again in 10 days. Until then, stay safe and have fun!

Peace✌

Your,

Sad crabs.

View attachment 3372109
View attachment elf_maid.webp

pekas

Sep 21, 2017
weird, just looks weird. Even if you compared it to the art of her in the table. seems off.
I like the idea of the quidditch and the cheerleaders, mostly because of the art but, another brunch of a weird looking "tree".
That sprite looks like a fan thing. Maybe is the colour

Reactions: Jameyboi

nernub2

Aug 16, 2023
I can't tell if the most recent version has the Valentine's Day content or not.

How do you even trigger it?

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
hey now, be fair. there are two sex scenes!
Well yes, but only one with any of the four characters who are supposed to be the focus of the game. No one asked for scenes with their weird deaged Dame Maggie Smith, or with a sock stealing gnome thing, or whatever the fuck else they're wasting time making scenes for. And that one scene with Daphne isn't even particularly good, her proportions are completely fucked.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
ok, I am a bit confused. I have the 0.10alpha version (and had it for a long time), but I see this is still 0.10 (now Beta?), but the changelog is saying it is something like 0.10.5...so why is the title not reflecting this number.
Is it even worth downloading this latest bit as it's not a whole number up from what I have, if I download the lastest one (which just says 0.10beta) is that the version shown last in the changelog. This is just a confusing way to put these out.
Are we near to a FINAL completed game so I may as well wait?

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes