jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
This guy knows what he's talking about....I see people in thread like "zomg i cud never hurt my uwu wafiu val" bish please, if you actually look at the emotional sides of characters, alexis is wayyyy more vulnerable and fragile, despite the relatively quick sexual progression with MC.
Yep, too many people get distracted by the instant toilet-sex with Lexi which I honestly thought was a bit over the top, makes Lexi look like a slut at first glance, and there should've been an option to take a raincheck "You deserve a bed instead of some disgusting plane toilet instead, so let's postpone this and go on a date first" which would be honest and not a brush-off. But when you progress further into the game you realize there was over 5 years of foundations, budding feelings and possible regrets (over not doing anything before MC left) and yearnings that brought her to that point that she decided to take her chance out of belief that this may be the only chance she had of ever experiencing anything with MC.

Cause if we look at what we know about Lexi we can clearly see she is not a slut or a vapid person:
- she feels deeply and can get pretty attached to somebody (not in a negative way imho)
- she is loyal and committed to a fault
- she is an extremely honest person
- because of which her betrayal of Erynn haunted her deeply
- doesn't play around or "experiment", which solidifies her as sexually stable, moral and dependable
- sticks to her beliefs and morals, plus standards
- despite being born into extremely rich family she is responsible, hard-working, down-to-earth, self-sufficient, honest and an open book, not a "fake person"
- unaware of her physical beauty or doesn't give it importance
- doesn't do shitty female mind-games that many if not most hot girls love to do
- doesn't play with guys for her own amusement or need for self-validation
- even Erynn warns that Lexi is "fragile" and she didn't mean her bones, since she warned MC not to hurt her
- confession of love is important to her, she doesn't play with feelings or take them lightly
- honestly and seriously discusses marriage and kids aka Future in the beach scene

In my eyes this puts together a very complex and realistic character that is good person who is loyal and caring, but because of that can be hurt deeply. She is like genuine porcelain, beautiful and delicate, but if you handle it carefully and correctly it will serve you for life and even your future untold generations: if you treat Lexi right she will be loyal, steadfast and stand by your side forever.

Honestly, there are very few people like that around, especially if you include the purely physical - the fact that she's utterly gorgeous and basically either unaware of it or doesn't give it any importance. I've known only one girl that was like this, but sadly she later turned out to be extremely self-destructive and a bit crazy. Off the top of my head I can't remember Lexi ever commenting on MC's looks as something that is actually important to her.

Like I said before, she is basically almost what I consider the ideal, perfect woman and damn, if I ever meet a woman like that IRL and she is interested in me and we start dating, I'll have her before an altar as fast as I can, lol.

Everytime I think about hurting alexis, I think back to one of those images from their childhood, where alexis is shown as shy girl eclipsed by Erynn, who just wanted mc all along.
Yep, the scene "no boy ever gave me flowers" when she's comforting him after his failed romancing of Erryn is very significant, shows that even though she was very pretty herself, she was always in the shadow of her best friend, which is in her case even more unfair because she can stand toe-to-toe with Erynn in any respect and many times even outshines her.

The final stopper for me from wanting to do anything to hurt her was when I broke up with her during the training camp due to Layla (it's hard for me to reject Lexi, so I accepted her concert invite after rejecting her on the plane and then just couldn't bring myself to break up, only to have it blow up and ended up hurting her even more). The scene was incredibly well written renders well made, it literally tore my heart apart.

Lexi was written well enough to be 3-dimensional and realistc, an extremely well rounded out character that she was almost like a real person. And god help me, I hate hurting people, especially ones I care about, even if they are fictional.

When I do playthroughs that aren't Alexis focused, I'll refuse to do anything with her, it's straight ignore starting from the plane. For me, Cora is somewhat similar but a lesser version. If she's not a primary goal, she gets completely ignored from the first visit, intentionally picking all the wrong answers.
Yep, same. I did an Elena with Nikki romance playthrough and ignored Lexi completely cause I didn't want to do that to her.

Agree with Cara, she is also a lovely character. I did like Layla slightly more because of the more humorous aspects due to her being so sheltered and clueless.

But another character that reminds me very strongly of Lexi is Jessica from Babysitter, I just wish that dev didn't go for the route of "everyone wants to bang the niece for some reason" and so didn't make Jessie lesbian. Sadly MC only gets a somewhat good ending with Jessie only if the niece (god, I can't remember her name) leaves you. Troubled and misunderstood character, who got many unfair knocks in her life, that in the end unveils herself as being a FAAAAAAR better personality than the main LI, the niece, whose name I still can't remember, ffs.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
Yep, too many people get distracted by the instant toilet-sex with Lexi which I honestly thought was a bit over the top, makes Lexi look like a slut at first glance, and there should've been an option to take a raincheck "You deserve a bed instead of some disgusting plane toilet instead, so let's postpone this and go on a date first" which would be honest and not a brush-off. But when you progress further into the game you realize there was over 5 years of foundations, budding feelings and possible regrets (over not doing anything before MC left) and yearnings that brought her to that point that she decided to take her chance out of belief that this may be the only chance she had of ever experiencing anything with MC.

Cause if we look at what we know about Lexi we can clearly see she is not a slut or a vapid person:
- she feels deeply and can get pretty attached to somebody (not in a negative way imho)
- doesn't play around or "experiment", which solidifies her as sexually stable, moral and dependable
- despite being born into extremely rich family she is responsible, hard-working, down-to-earth, self-sufficient, honest and an open book, not a "fake person"
- doesn't do shitty female mind-games that many if not most hot girls love to do
- even Erynn warns that Lexi is "fragile" and she didn't mean her bones, since she warned MC not to hurt her
- confession of love is important to her, she doesn't play with feelings or take them lightly
- honestly and seriously discusses marriage and kids aka Future in the beach scene

In my eyes this puts together a very complex and realistic character that is good person who is loyal and caring, but because of that can be hurt deeply. She is like genuine porcelain, beautiful and delicate, but if you handle it carefully and correctly it will serve you for life and even your future untold generations: if you treat Lexi right she will be loyal, steadfast and stand by your side forever.

Honestly, there are very few people like that around, especially if you include the purely physical - the fact that she's utterly gorgeous and basically either unaware of it or doesn't give it any importance. I've known only one girl that was like this, but sadly she later turned out to be extremely self-destructive and a bit crazy. Off the top of my head I can't remember Lexi ever commenting on MC's looks as something that is actually important to her.

Like I said before, she is basically almost what I consider the ideal, perfect woman and damn, if I ever meet a woman like that IRL and she is interested in me and we start dating, I'll have her before an altar as fast as I can, lol.

Yep, the scene "no boy ever gave me flowers" when she's comforting him after his failed romancing of Erryn is very significant, shows that even though she was very pretty herself, she was always in the shadow of her best friend, which is in her case even more unfair because she can stand toe-to-toe with Erynn in any respect and many times even outshines her.

The final stopper for me from wanting to do anything to hurt her was when I broke up with her during the training camp due to Layla (it's hard for me to reject Lexi, so I accepted her concert invite after rejecting her on the plane and then just couldn't bring myself to break up, only to have it blow up and ended up hurting her even more). The scene was incredibly well written renders well made, it literally tore my heart apart.

Lexi was written well enough to be 3-dimensional and realistc, an extremely well rounded out character that she was almost like a real person. And god help me, I hate hurting people, especially ones I care about, even if they are fictional.

Yep, same. I did an Elena with Nikki romance playthrough and ignored Lexi completely cause I didn't want to do that to her.

Agree with Cara, she is also a lovely character. I did like Layla slightly more because of the more humorous aspects due to her being so sheltered and clueless.
Wow, somebody gets me in this thread. Though I use half of these to explain why Erynn is a shitty person. :giggle:

Reactions: jllkfsdj

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Wow, somebody gets me in this thread. Though I use half of these to explain why Erynn is a shitty person. :giggle:
Thanks! :)
I added to the post a bit lol. I'm not sure I would call Erynn a shitty person, but she is far more oblivious to others and their feelings and more self-centered than Lexi. :D

I feel bad for her due to how she is being treated and blackmailed by Ethan, but don't have any regrets about rejecting her or breaking up with her. okay, except for the part that if you don't romance her your mother doesn't buy you the bike (which looks like a Kawasaki HP2 Turbo, but has the name that a Ducati would have). Which is a shitty thing by the dev to do cause I'm a motorcycle fanboy and locking the bike behind a character I'm not interested in pisses me off. :D

Gonna need to do a Rachel playthrough to find out how/why she got offed. Tbh, considering you need to ruin any chances of a relationship with Lexi to date Rachel only to have her die later on (unless MC can prevent that) I consider her a pointless LI that wastes my time.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
I added to the post a bit lol. I'm not sure I would call Erynn a shitty person, but she is far more oblivious to others and their feelings and more self-centered than Lexi. :D

I feel bad for her due to how she is being treated and blackmailed by Ethan, but don't have any regrets about rejecting her or breaking up with her. okay, except for the part that if you don't romance her your mother doesn't buy you the bike (which looks like a Kawasaki HP2 Turbo, but has the name that a Ducati would have). Which is a shitty thing by the dev to do cause I'm a motorcycle fanboy and locking the bike behind a character I'm not interested in pisses me off. :D

Gonna need to do a Rachel playthrough to find out how/why she got offed. Tbh, considering you need to ruin any chances of a relationship with Lexi to date Rachel only to have her die later on (unless MC can prevent that) I consider her a pointless LI that wastes my time.
I am a fan of Elena and I find Layla cute, put yourself in my shoes then. :( Dev locked one LI behind the other LI whom I wouldn't dare to hurt.
Good thing my favorite is Nikki, so I can enjoy the little time I got with her without breaking hearts. :giggle:

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
I am a fan of Elena and I find Layla cute, put yourself in my shoes then. :( Dev locked one LI behind the other LI whom I wouldn't dare to hurt.
Good thing my favorite is Nikki, so I can enjoy the little time I got with her without breaking hearts. :giggle:
Goddamnit! Locking Elena behind Layla is seriously fucked. :( I did flirt with Elena during my Layla run enough to have the interrupted hot tub 3-some with her in the end (which did nothing but hurt me cause Lexi got hurt again), but I hoped to do an Elena-only run cause she's an interesting character on what looks to be an emotionally-rewarding path. Knowing that you have to break Layla's heart (in the future update), which means breaking the heart of yet another Monroe girl, is really upsetting.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
doubt she's salvageable so quite pointless play.

Btw., how the hell does anyone even start a Valeria run? None of my normal choices lead to it, lmao. I guess we're just uncompatible. :D
poor you. i think it starts quite early game when mc goes to school.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
But another character that reminds me very strongly of Lexi is Jessica from Babysitter, I just wish that dev didn't go for the route of "everyone wants to bang the niece for some reason" and so didn't make Jessie lesbian. Sadly MC only gets a somewhat good ending with Jessie only if the niece (god, I can't remember her name) leaves you. Troubled and misunderstood character, who got many unfair knocks in her life, that in the end unveils herself as being a FAAAAAAR better personality than the main LI, the niece, whose name I still can't remember, ffs.
Chris.

and yeah, to go briefly off topic Jess was great, I always liked her. The segments near the very end where it's just you and her were some of my favorite from the game. Though some of her scenes are incredibly difficult to get, you have to go down the whole "contradiction" path in game.

============================================================

I would defend Erynn here - she's certainly not as fragile or vulnerable as alexia, but she's still well-written with her own personality and feelings which are believable. Her earlier actions which hurt others generally don't seem to come from a malicious place, but rather out of obliviousness.

I think it was like 50-60 pages back in this thread there were big debates on "oh alexis is obviously a slut" which I tried to point out - she's one of the only pure of heart characters in the game....

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Chris.

and yeah, to go briefly off topic Jess was great, I always liked her. The segments near the very end where it's just you and her were some of my favorite from the game. Though some of her scenes are incredibly difficult to get, you have to go down the whole "contradiction" path in game.
Lmao, effing Chris, that was her name, thanks! xD

Yeah, you have to go down the NTR route to get the Miranda&John billiard sex scene. I agree about them being favorite parts, I really liked Jess as a character, plus she was really hot. Also her model was really well made and wasn't victim to some really weird spasms by the modelling program that gave Chris really weird face and expressions at times.

It really pissed me off that it's impossible to do only Jessie run, but have to go through the entire Chris spiel instead only to get an only moderately satisfying ending. I tried editing the text in script.rpy for a better ending, but that crashed the game. :(

I would defend Erynn here - she's certainly not as fragile or vulnerable as alexia, but she's still well-written with her own personality and feelings which are believable. Her earlier actions which hurt others generally don't seem to come from a malicious place, but rather out of obliviousness.
Yep, like I said, oblivious and a bit too self-centered. She's on the nicer end of the ditzy hot girl stereotype.

Honestly if there was no Lexi in this game (and no Layla) and Erynn was a bit different, she would be my first choice cause she's otherwise my physical preference (blonde, hot, etc.). But Lexi first drew me in with her Phoebe Tonkin eyes and then lcoked me down forever with her personality.

I think it was like 50-60 pages back in this thread there were big debates on "oh alexis is obviously a slut" which I tried to point out - she's one of the only pure of heart characters in the game....
Interestingly, she shares that with Jessie. Jessie is also branded a slut, but then you find out she had like 1 sexual partner who was then an utter cunt to her and who lied and gave her that reputation. She's also kind and vulnerable and pure hearted.

Chris, otoh, turns out pretty mean and vicious, who will on purpose hurt those she loves out of malice and, worse of all, deliberately go straight for the most vulnerable spots to inflict the most amount of damage. One of moments like that was in the yacht hot tub where she hurt Jessie or the time she threw the "cum in my eyes" comment at her, etc.

Lexi got a really shitty straw by dev having her go straight for sex with MC. Or maybe that was the purpose, to hide a diamond in the mud that would be discovered only those who actually paid attention.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

Your earlier post about Alexis was really well written. I agree 100% While I did think Alexis was the slut character at first by time you get to know her she really does feel like a girlfriend over LI. I loved how she called the MC everyday at camp that was one thing that really sold me on her feeling like a true loyal girlfriend character over LI.

With all that being said I still struggle at times who I like more between her and Erynn. They are both in my top 5 LI across all AVN's. id probably pick Erynn over Alexis just barley just because she ticks one more box I like. Alexis has that girlfriend fell while Erynn gives off a wholesome motherly vibe / someone that wants to take care of the MC while being playful at the same time. I'd probably feel bad more for Erynn overall but no way in hell I could make Alexis cry I feel that would tear me up more than making Erynn cry. The few scenes we see Alexis cry the way the renders where done and how the scenes were done I thought it was harder for me to watch her cry over anyone else in this game. But with all that being said if it was a Layla and Elena situation but swap them out for Erynn and Alexis that be so difficult to make one of those 2 cry for me. Because of what I just said I guess id have to make Erynn cry over Alexis. I feel more for those 2 characters than anyone else in this game. Even more than Layla no matter how shitty / hard it is to make her cry I wouldn't find it as hard as Alexis and Erynn because when it came to the to the Elena and Layla choice, I only ever saw Layla as a friend so would be much easier for me than if the characters were swapped out.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Your earlier post about Alexis was really well written. I agree 100% While I did think Alexis was the slut character at first by time you get to know her she really does feel like a girlfriend over LI. I loved how she called the MC everyday at camp that was one thing that really sold me on her feeling like a true loyal girlfriend character over LI.

With all that being said I still struggle at times who I like more between her and Erynn. They are both in my top 5 LI across all AVN's. id probably pick Erynn over Alexis just barley just because she ticks one more box I like. Alexis has that girlfriend fell while Erynn gives off a wholesome motherly vibe / someone that wants to take care of the MC while being playful at the same time.
Thanks! <3

Yep, Lexi really IS an actual girlfriend, rather than some body MC puts his cock into and that has some voice lines. She is also willing to make sacrifices for him, like when she took her dad's car and then accepted the fallout of doing stupid chores for 2 weeks for that, putting her best friend into second place, etc.. Also, the fact that she stayed and talked to MC's mother instead of sneaking away shows her in a positive light and as a well-rounded character. I also like the fact that she's possessive, but not bad jealous type. She defends her territory, but doesn't feel constantly threatened and needing reassurance, though she does show insecurity when MC's ex is back in his life due to all MC's milestones belonging to Iris. That entire beach scene was incredible and extremely well done, some good relationship milestones were reached during it (not the least of it being a relatively firm talk of the future of their relationship).

I get what you mean, for me it was just that Erynn was simply too far into the "friend" area in the mother/girlfriend/friend mesh and that's why maybe TOO motherly to see her as a sexual partner. Wait... Omg I just realized that I friend-zoned her!! :LOL: lol. But yeah, for me the platonic aspect was too strong, stronger than romantic to tip the scales in her favor, they simply had too long and too strong friendship history to change it into romantic.

Not to say that Lexi doesn't want to take care of MC, as you pointed out she takes time to check up on him and does other stuff (like never charging him for drinks and food at the bar she works at, defends him to others even to her family, etc.), but what I value is that she also gives MC some space, doesn't cling to him and views him as an adult/partner, rather than a kid to make sure is dressed for school, has breakfast, etc. :D ;) With Lexi I simply feel that she would make a GREAT mother, but a mother to MC's kids; while Erynn wouldn't need to have kids with MC to be in the mother role if that makes sense, xD

I only ever saw Layla as a friend so would be much easier for me than if the characters were swapped out.
In my case is due to run-off of my feelings for Lexi that tips the scales into romantic from friend.

When I was lying in bed last night and running through possible spin-off scenes for the post-"I slapped your mom's ass" conversation, I could see MC reassuring Lexi that while he could find Adrianne sexy she doesn't need to feel threatened, because it's attraction for the traits (physical and personality) that are present in Lexi that made him fall in love with her. Basically as I put it "Adrianne is the 50% diluted alcohol, while you are the 100% pure concentrated spirit".

This is basically the basis of the situation with Layla for me. She shares SOME of the traits and looks that are attractive in Lexi for me. Might sound shitty, but that makes her a backup or a second-runner to Lexi (yet, ahead of all competition). But she is her own person and I will admit her sheltered personality is a bit attractive and definitely a good comedy source (like MC notes several times: "Never change, Layla", "Someone needs to protect this naivete", etc."), plus physically she's cute. When Lexi is a bit too mature looking for 20, Layla is maybe a bit too young but still believable for that age (or maybe her face is simply less detailed than Lexi and the author spent a lot more time and effort creating Lexi than others). She's got a good figure and nice eyes that remind me of Lexi.

Reactions: Legion88

Azur3

Jan 10, 2020

Honestly i wouldnt call Eryn a shitty person either i feel bad for her being blackmailed by ethan. but i think her actions towards mc are basically her finding comfort in MC like how they used to be super close as kids and its MC choice to advance it or not so you can just be supportive of her and just navigate her choices carefully. Specially since she is tied with the main plot of the game which is basically dealing with ethan so you should just be careful with her choices in general, be supportive but dont take it too far. I find the game having a bunch of choices where they could be key moments which solidifies a character to really being a LI while others just something between friends and is casual. that is done with all the characters not every + point to a girl is strictly being unfaithful your LI some are just mc being nice or other.

Thats just the way i see the game right now.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Azur3

Jan 10, 2020
Btw., how the hell does anyone even start a Valeria run? None of my normal choices lead to it, lmao. I guess we're just uncompatible. :D
quite simple actually, during bus ride and training camp.
you basically earn enough points with her during that part of story and you will get into her route there is a walkthtough/mod that shows the choices with + points to her and others.

choices were iirc,
letting her decide where to sit.
hugging her.
not peeking with zach.
daydream about nose ring
pick her during truth and dare game.
and not going with Tori.

not sure of the order of those choices but should give you an idea.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

That's a bit rich given that Alexis is the one who lies and does a "fuck how my friend feels, i'm gonna claim this guy for myself", while Erynn can be pining over the MC but not do anything because she doesn't wanna hurt Alexis.
But somehow Alexis is the one that is less self centered and cares for the feelings of others.

Erynn did try to find the MC that day, and sent letters later, kept trying to restablish contact... but because of a series of unfortunate events the game forces to set up it's premise, somehow it never happens.

It seems like you are new to this game and very eager... but to judge a character like you are doing, you probably need to pay more attention to their particular tale and see the nuances of how they react and interact with each other on various paths.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mnotwoke and xsikal

CodyOn

Jun 6, 2023

I have been trying for 1 month to explain the feelings that Lexi's character transmits to me and I have not been able to when I see that you have transmitted in this post exactly what I feel. Thank you so much, you are my hero. I totally agree with you on everything you say.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes