LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I dunno but these explanations are more of disliking Erynn than making much sense
It's tough and i tell you why, i think for those of us that like her we don't dwell on this scene, some weird convoluted shit happened, everyone tried their best, but things didn't go well... let's zero this account and start a new tab.

I start from zero(almost zero, i do keep a mindset that these people have a past when making choices, a mostly positive past apart from this one event), giving her a fresh start once we meet her in person for the first time, i like her now because of who she is now, what she's been through and what she can be.

There's nothing to be gained dwelling on one bad event from a past that otherwise was great.

And we are spending all this effort rehashing some mistakes made as teens... i suspect to some people here the teens must feel like yesterday(or today :p ) but to me i know that's when people are at their dumbest and i don't hold grudges from that era.

She was innocent and good natured(still is) and tried to be friends with an asshole, not the worst mistake ever commited.

Reactions: mnotwoke

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
It's tough and i tell you why, i think for those of us that like her we don't dwell on this scene, some weird convoluted shit happened, everyone tried their best, but things didn't go well... let's zero this account and start a new tab.

I start from zero(almost zero, i do keep a mindset that these people have a past when making choices, a mostly positive past apart from this one event), giving her a fresh start once we meet her in person for the first time, i like her now because of who she is now, what she's been through and what she can be.

There's nothing to be gained dwelling on one bad event from a past that otherwise was great.

And we are spending all this effort rehashing some mistakes made as teens... i suspect to some people here the teens must feel like yesterday(or today :p ) but to me i know that's when people are at their dumbest and i don't hold grudges from that era.

She was innocent and good natured(still is) and tried to be friends with an asshole, not the worst mistake ever commited.
Wish we could tell her to fuck off without ejecting me from the story.

Yeah I know the rewrites, in hindsight we could initially trample on Erynn, now we must help her.

The cock-block drama with Lexi is a big turn off.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I think it's understandable for Erynn to do that if she were caught by surprise and wasn't really sure how to handle the situation. She was basically stalling for time until she could think of something to say. She was caught off-guard and made a mistake. I'm not going to hold that against her. The real problem is that she was friends with Ethan at all after knowing that he was bullying a kid. During her flashback of past events, Erynn specifically asks "Why do you always bully him?", which clearly shows that she knows Ethan has been consistently bullying him in the past, and yet she is still hanging out with Ethan daily.

It wasn't stupid for the main character to cut Erynn out of his life. She had been slowly shutting him out to spend time her new friend that bullied him, so the confession scene was a desperate attempt to get her to pay attention to him, and became the straw that broke the camels back. And let's not forget that this all happened on his birthday. That just adds an extra layer to this big shit sandwich he got that day.

Let's all think for a moment about what would've happened if he had talked with Erynn that day (or shortly after) instead of refusing to see to her. She would've explained that she wasn't laughing at him, and then what? She's still going to turn him down since he's only thirteen years old. So what would change? Would she stop being friends with Ethan and start spending more time with him instead?

She already knew that Ethan was bullying him, and she didn't stop spending time with Ethan before, so why would she now? Her continued relationship with Ethan would later cost her every other friend she had (except for Alexis), and she still stayed friends with Ethan. Even after Ethan lied to Erynn about having sex with Alexis, she still stayed friends with him. It wasn't until Ethan blackmailed Erynn with a sextape that she finally realized that he was trash. Knowing all that, is there any reasonable chance that she would follow through with her promise to stop being friends with Ethan if he continued to insult the MC way back then? Of course not. We even saw her fail to do so in that very same conversation.

Erynn: I told you, he and I are friends. And if you continue like this, you and I won't be anymore.
Ethan: Erynn... Just think about it. He's what? Like 8?
Erynn: 13!
Ethan: 13... Makes no difference. You are 3 years older than him. He's still a pathetic little boy.
Erynn: I told you to stop, Ethan!
Ethan: I can do whatever I want. That has nothing to do with you.

She should've stopped being friends with him right then and there. But she didn't. She just kept making more useless ultimatums that Ethan continued to ignore. It's possible that Erynn would've ditched Ethan if she knew that he shoved him to the ground that day. But if she wasn't there to see it happen, would she believe the MC if he told her about it? She didn't believe Alexis when she accused Ethan of lying, so we know she has some sort of a blind spot for Ethan. I would expect Erynn to doubt the MC, then the MC would get even angrier, and the friendship would end just the same.

The main character made a mistake when he thought Erynn was laughing at him, but it was a reasonable misunderstanding. Erynn was a terrible friend to the MC, and she's the one who ruined their relationship. Not for the confession incident, but for everything leading up to it.
I do agree she should of stopped being friends with Ethan. But I cant blame her for it either. I recall a convo with Erynn talking about he suddenly changed and started to be nicer and wasnt being a bully around her in an effort to trick her. She was still young at the time and probably still sad about the MC leaving so it makes sense to me she wouldn't be able to see it was all for show and she probably thought he genuinely changed. Then during the same covo she told the MC how he was bullying her friends without her knowing about till the only one that was left was Alexis. All because she wouldnt date him. So having almost no friend I can see why she would stay friends with him until all of that came to light. Cause she did say she stopped being friend with him before prom. The only thing that is missing is a timeline. So because of all of that I cant blame her.

That's the same mindset I had to. I never thought about the person she was I was thinking about the person she currently was when we met her and we the player started to get to know her. Sure I did think of the horrible thing she did go through in the past but nothing beyond that. Since I do think everyone deserves a second chance for mistakes they made especially when they were young. Unless it's something that is horrible and truly unforgiveable which it wasnt here.

Last edited:

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
I do agree she should of stopped being friends with Ethan. But I cant blame her for it either. I recall a convo with Erynn talking about he suddenly changed and started to be nicer and wasnt being a bully around her in an effort to trick her. She was still young at the time and probably still sad about the MC leaving so it makes sense to me she wouldn't be able to see it was all for show and she probably thought he genuinely changed. Then during the same covo she told the MC how he was bullying her friends without her knowing about till the only one that was left was Alexis. All because she wouldnt date him. So having almost no friend I can see why she would stay friends with him until all of that came to light. Cause she did say she stopped being friend with him before prom. The only thing that is missing is a timeline. So because of all of that I cant blame her.
I find strange that a dumb boy could do all this manipulation esque shit and the girls just took it.

My disbelief in adolescent boys maquiavelism is enormous.

Lol fine keep this notion about pre adolescent teens pulling this con and no one told anything, nada. This is utterly insane.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah I sometimes wonder if half of the people in this thread have even seen a woman, let alone known them and been in a relationship with them.

--------
To everyone else, let me ask...have you ever, at any point, wondered why some girl you personally know...stays with who you think is a royal prick and wonder what she sees in him? I'm sure you have...we ALL have, this is no different. Happens every day.

Also, bear in mind, we have all this information based purely on people's respective memory as kids. Not exactly reliable information either (which is proven, as everyone has a slightly different recollection of that day). The fact of the matter is...as presented, she tried to make ammends, he brushed off and didn't want to know...then was sent away...she tried again by letter (numerous times)...he ignored her, she stayed friends with a moronic prick (surprise surprise, people tend to actually do that in real life).

ANYTHING else is purely conjecture. Also, as a 16yo girl almost 17, no longer hanging with a 13yo is also not exactly unheard of. She didn't commit some major crime, she grew up. As one other said, their relationship would fracture at some point regardless and the way our idiot MC is written, he'd have blamed her for that too. And that folks is the biggest issue, how these characters are written purely for plot purposes to create drama.

Reactions: mnotwoke and LSC82
Oct 10, 2022
Back when she was an active user of this forum, Nyx said that the scene where Erynn and the MC talk about the confession in the park would be the final time this event would be touched(the discussion around this scene clearly annoyed Nyx) and this would be the accurate retelling of events... she can change her mind of course, but most likely your theories will remain theoretical.
To be honest your theory and suspicions feel like you are creating stuff attempting to place blame on someone you already dislike...
I haven't seen what Nyx said about this.
I never refused that my dislike towards her effects my judgement on her, I think I said that before also but I also think people who likes her see her with pink glasses and overlook her faults.
Like saying,
"Your friend Erynn wants to spend a few days with us here, i'll tell her mom we are looking forward to it."
"NO, I DON'T WANT HER HERE."
And it gets shut down immediately.
is exactly the same with when I say she never tried this method. You have positive bias of her as much as I have negative bias.

It would be more of a conversation if you said why you dislike her(since it's not about the confession) than discussing the veracity of these theories.
Like I said I cannot pinpoint a single thing for that but I think it's the general attitude of her. Though, I don't think it prevents having good discussion about her or anything in general. My points still stand from the first post. Accepting what Erynn said without objective point of view is shortcutting. I believe it's a lie, you are right I cannot prove that because we don't have reference point of the incident but it cannot be proved she is being honest either with same reason.

Needs to be said she is a teen that needs to go to school and live her life, she won't just stay parked at his front porch 24/7.
You are blow it out of proportion, she does not need to camp in front him. She is his neighbour, he is also a student so he had to live within rigid routine. She could have stopped him before going to school, after coming back to home. She could have ambushed him at the weekends since he like to sleep longer like she did in the game.
We have in-game example of it, when MC refused to talk to her she came to his house and forced him to talk with her. Why she could have done the same before?

Alexis? MC and Alexis didn't have any kind of relationship, there's a reason why he doesn't remember her or the kiss.
What you say prove to my point though. Alexis and MC didn't have any kind of relationship as you say but she went after him to console him and Erynn stayed behind to be with Ethan whether to scold him or giving him secrets or laughing at more memes.
Also MC did not have animosity towards Alexis either. Alexis knew what happened, if Erynn asked her help she could have done it easily.
Alexis leaves the 2 arguing almost immediately, there's also not a whole lot of time spent in the Alexis kiss scene, she says something to him, he steals a kiss and runs off to his house, gets to his house his mom asks why he's already back and he goes immediately back out, sounds like less then 10 minutes to me, it's 1 thing leading to another right away.
So she took around 10 minutes scold him about bullying his friend? Also last thing she said to Ethan, it's a secret promise me you won't tell anybody. So at least we are sure that she took her sweet time to tell a secret to Ethan instead of going after MC. So even she knew Ethan was bullying MC, even if he did it in front of her, even if he was making fun of his confession, even if he said he will continue to do that she was still trusting him to give a secret. We all know how Ethan with secrets also.

She stick with Ethan after everything happened with Ethan, she stick with Ethan after he cost her almost all of her friends, she stick with him after he lied about Alexis but she could not do the same for MC. Btw, she said 'after you and I stopped talking he became friendlier, he asked me out but I refused because I never like him in that way' So she not only she stayed touched with him, she also liked him as a friend. You know the guy who bullied her friend so he had to move away. He bullied everry single one of her friends to a point they left her, she still was friends with him. Until he tried to do the same with Alexis. She said to MC Alexis would never sleep with Ethan because she hates him, but when she confronted Alexis, she said just like Ethan situation. Not only she believed Ethan over Alexis but also she said Alexis has slept someone she loved just like Ethan.

Also What about the confrontation with Alexis, she didn't even listen what Alexis was gonna say. Before the confrontation she talk about Ethan Alexis thing, You were expecting MC be more lenient even tough he was 13 at the time, when 20 something Erynn does the same thing with her lifelong friend?

So why she did not touch the topic when MC came back? She had all the time, he was talking to her also. What about then?
Do you remember when this talk took place? When she ditched MC to meet with Ethan and MC saw them hand to hand. When MC told her you laughed at me after I confessed, she acted surprised like she did not know they lost the contact after the confession. Really is Erynn that stupid to not know about it?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
is exactly the same with when I say she never tried this method. You have positive bias of her as much as I have negative bias.
I normally like your posts, but you keep bringing this up and sorry, but it's complete bull.

Not sure what world you actually live in, but sure, a 16yo girl, crossing the country, on her own...to go and stay...where...with her neighbours father....Is perrrrfectlllly normal....:rolleyes:

That's why myself, Des and LS are calling you out....we're discussing facts and logical reasons for why things happened...you're just...well, in fairy land making wild assumptions about shit which are just not presented in the narrative.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Progress Update_Layla.png

Quick update:

Still working on the restaurant scene(s) and will be for the next weeks also. It'll most likely be the largest scene of the update. It has a lot of smaller scenes within it and depending on path(s), you'll jump back and forth between them. The difficult part is to make them all flow together and make sense.

After the restaurant scene, there will be 2 more bigger scenes. One of those scenes, the MC will not be present, or at least not in the vicinity. I'm still debating how exactly I want to show you that scene. Either show the full scene and what's happening or have a character who is in the scene tell MC what happened. I think the first option is a little bit more interesting? Let me know.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

That's the same mindset I had to. I never thought about the person she was I was thinking about the person she currently was when we met her and we the player started to get to know her. Sure I did think of the horrible thing she did go through in the past but nothing beyond that. Since I do think everyone deserves a second chance for mistakes they made especially when they were young. Unless it's something that is horrible and truly unforgiveable which it wasnt here.
Being friends with Ethan wasn't a great idea, but sometimes it takes years to figure out what a kind of person someone is, Erynn is a good natured girl and kept giving him chances, bad decision but what you are gonna do?
I just know that holding that against her forever surely isn't the smart choice.

View attachment 3049626

Quick update:

Still working on the restaurant scene(s) and will be for the next weeks also. It'll most likely be the largest scene of the update. It has a lot of smaller scenes within it and depending on path(s), you'll jump back and forth between them. The difficult part is to make them all flow together and make sense.

After the restaurant scene, there will be 2 more bigger scenes. One of those scenes, the MC will not be present, or at least not in the vicinity. I'm still debating how exactly I want to show you that scene. Either show the full scene and what's happening or have a character who is in the scene tell MC what happened. I think the first option is a little bit more interesting? Let me know.
Hmmmm... due to my distaste of knowing things my character does not know i prefer the scenario where someone tells him what happened.
Once the person starts telling the MC what happened you can cut to the scene as it happened, instead of simply him relaying in words, i can suspend my disbelief enough for that (weird isn't it?).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Being friends with Ethan wasn't a great idea, but sometimes it takes years to figure out what a kind of person someone is, Erynn is a good natured girl and kept giving him chances, bad decision but what you are gonna do?
I just know that holding that against her forever surely isn't the smart choice.
I could not agree more kind of the point I was trying to make as well as give a reason why I felt it made sense she was still friends with him for so long.

Reactions: LSC82
Oct 10, 2022
Yeah I sometimes wonder if half of the people in this thread have even seen a woman, let alone known them and been in a relationship with them.
Tbh I also think the same, some people act like they never seen another human being let alone women.:LOL:

To everyone else, let me ask...have you ever, at any point, wondered why some girl you personally know...stays with who you think is a royal prick and wonder what she sees in him? I'm sure you have...we ALL have, this is no different. Happens every day.
Not exactly no, whenever I saw a situation like that I kept my distance to that kind of people. I usually think, yeah you deserve each other. With a single exception because I caused them to meet each other and tried to save her to no avail.

Lexi is a turn off by herself.
I don't know any other character being that annoying without doing anything. :unsure:

. Also, as a 16yo girl almost 17, no longer hanging with a 13yo is also not exactly unheard of. She didn't commit some major crime, she grew up.
This would be okay but it's not our situation, ain't it? She said to Alexis she knew how she feel about him, clearly indicates she did not outgrown him. Also even if that was true, letting your new friend bullying old one is clear indication what type of person she is.

I normally like your posts, but you keep bringing this up and sorry, but it's complete bull.
Hey, don't shun me away for a simple disagreement. I like you dude. ;)

Not sure what world you actually live in, but sure, a 16yo girl, crossing the country, on her own...to go and stay...where...with her neighbours father....Is perrrrfectlllly normal....:rolleyes:
I did it when I was 14. :whistle: Though she told me to fuck off.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
for the 1st part not really, but all my friends had that sort of conversations and a "friend that was like that",
if i recall properly it became more pungent whenever i got a new girlfriend!
oh, well i guess its a nice topic to get girls integrated into your group of friends and they were just lazy so went with the easy pickings!

as for the 2nd part, i believe i might have been the one conjecturing on that subject that would end up with the MC inadvertently cock blocking both Ethan and Zane
and would end up being beaten up and somehow that would put blame on Erynn who would have been more easily corrupted to try and save her "little brother",
its like in taffy tales where in the ntr path your sisters gets spit roasted to try and protect you from the 2 psychopathic bullies!

and healthy, i know of at least 3 situations like that and 2 of them ended up in marriage beteween 3 to 5 years later ...
surprisingly with the father not the kid that was her age... fucking NTR of parents cucking their own children!

yeah... bad choice... cause Ethan´s father having a modeling agency and
surprisingly she becoming a very top and famous regional model
that has hundreds of Zach´s simping for her had nothing to do with her decision to keep Ethan has a friend!
The best thing nyx did is making female nature believable in her story.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
People can apologize or rationalize Erynn in regards to her past actions that make her look bad however much they want and it won't change that she'd committed them, plus the fact remains that she didn't change at all in these 5 years. She finds out Lexi and MC are dating and throws a huge bitchy selfish fit, for what exactly?

How does that affect her? MC and she are not dating. MC and she are not even on speaking terms. Haven't been for 5 years. He's made it absolutely clear that he doesn't want anything to do with her after her reaction to his confession of love.

Holy shit, she was his first love, his first romantic attempt and he got completely fucking annihilated for exposing himself? And she still thinks she has some sort of claim?

Being burned like that is not something that's to be taken lightly or shrugged off, irl it can have seriously long-lasting emotional, mental and self-esteem consequences for a person.

Lexi took the time to run after him and try to console him. Erynn didn't. Instead she stayed with the CuntFace she claims she hates, but whom she kept around even after he ran away all her other friends and lied to her about having sex with Lexi (again, even IF that did happen, what reason would she have to be angry at Lexi? Did she/Erynn have some romantic interest in CuntFace that she lied about?). She didn't even try to speak to him for the rest of the day to explain. So I'm joining the army of those who look at her "explanation" of that event with a disbelieving and skeptical eye and shout "Horse shit!".

Back on topic, Lexi is under no obligation to let Erynn know MC is in town, that's on him to decide if or when he does it. Nor is Lexi under any obligation to stay away from him, he is not married and is his own agent. He is not in a romantic relationship with Erynn, Erynn has no claim on him, nor any realistic chance to have it in future (nor did Erynn to my knowledge called first dibs on him nor extorted a promise from Lexi to stay away from him).

So, for that she emotionally abuses and screams at her oldest friend to the point Lexi breaks down at her job and AGAIN calling Lexi a liar and cheating bitch over CuntFace; kicks out the guy she just took into her home after he just found out major life-changing shit that threw him so hard that he ran away from home; and doesn't speak to her oldest friend for WEEKS and why?

At first I thought it's because she was desperately in love with MC, confessed to Lexi her love, asked for first dibs and thus felt betrayed when Lexi took her chance. Which reminds me again just how similar this situation is to the Cuntface/Lexi drama that she believes but that never actually happened. Does that mean Erynn was in love with CuntFace and was just biding her time before doing something with him?

Instead of all that the explanation for her anger and alienation of her best friend is explained with "I'm angry cause she didn't tell me."

Bitch, why should Lexi have told you when she didn't tell anyone? Especially when you then even throw the lie that CuntFace told you about Lexi sleeping with him into her face again? It's obvious that Erynn always believed CuntFace instead of her best friend, yet another black mark on her.

Sure, I feel bad for her that she's being blackmailed (though in her shoes I'd personally call CuntFace's bluff since these days a sex tape isn't really that uncommon anymore) but I don't really feel the need to help her (unlike a few here I'm not a White Knight, I don't give a damn about damsels in distress; I don't feel any instinct to help or protect them, plus they usually get you killed), but I'm even more pissed off that my relationship with Lexi depends on helping the bitch that has affected so many people for so long with her egocentric tantrum. She's 20 ffs, not 13! She doesn't have the alibi to act like that. Hell, our 2 years younger MC is far more mature than she is.

Also, I agree with NewTricks especially about the jumping-on-bed scene. At the very least it's inappropriate for their estranged, okay, non-existent relationship. It's also potentionaly very embarrassing (what if he's sleeping naked? or has morning wood? or worse, had a wet dream as boys that age tend to have?) or dangerous. Wakening from fright when someone jumps on you - my instinctive response would probably be to hit out with my elbow, I'm not used to people pulling that shit on me. And these days if you're a guy and you hit a woman no matter how accidental or even if she attacked you and you defended yourself and she has a bruise, you're fucked.

depeche mode

Jul 4, 2023
View attachment 3049626

cuck shit? lmao

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes