Oct 10, 2022
When you put it that way from the MC's pov it makes a bit more sense why he might walk away and ignore her, as it does seem to be in line with his personality and his feeling or whatever. But at the same time it's hard to say there is no reason to intervene for if it's someone you know personally. Because at worst she hurt and didn't respect the MC's feeling. But you are right he doesn't know if he has a gun or whatever but he could intervene a number of different ways. Call the police, Her mother, while keeping an eye out on what's going on from around the corner.
I am not sure my personal experience leaks to this conversation but MC does not have any idea what the hell is going on in her life. Like you said before about Erynn and MC,
While I think part of her crush is a tad silly cause she didn't know if the MC changed and became another Ethan in those 5 years.
this goes both ways. MC does not know anything at all. Maybe she turned into a backstreet slut. MC is much more open about himself than Erynn about herself. As far as MC knows at that point Ethan is her boyfriend, maybe more. That beating could be daily occurrence in their relationship. Have you ever try to intervene such a relationship? Let me tell you, in that situation chance is higher you get attack by that woman than getting thanks from her. You may end up in a police station, she is testifying against you. So staying clear from those situations is being street-smart not cowardice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I should stay away from you know who i mean, he seems to rub off on me. not that I start holding hands and giving out cummy kisses :oops:
do not worry about that you will be occupied to know who is the father of whom and who is the 1/2 sis of him , and by the way do you know if mel is LI or not yet :giggle: :whistle::sleep::sleep::sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I am not sure my personal experience leaks to this conversation but MC does not have any idea what the hell is going on in her life. Like you said before about Erynn and MC,

this goes both way. MC does not know anything at all. Maybe she turned into a backstreet slut. MC is much more open about himself than Erynn about herself. As far as MC knows at that point Ethan is her boyfriend, maybe more. That beating could be daily occurrence in their relationship. Have you ever try to intervene such a relationship? Let me tell you, in that situation chance is higher you get attack by that woman than getting a thank from her. You may end up in a police station, she is testifying against you. So staying clear from those situations is being street-smart not cowardice.
I get what you are saying yeah I have no experience with that myself but I do still think even if that is the case he could call the police and let them handle it if sees Her getting attacked or inform her mother what's going on and let her try to help. He doesn't need to get involved beyond that if he doesn't want, still better than walking away and doing nothing. Even if it's a toxic relationship that would make her angry at you and potentially attacked you or w/e just for helping. I just think it's the least he can do anything beyond that depends if he wants to get involved and try to help or not. It just feels wrong to me to not do at least that, no matter the situation.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
I read genuinely interesting and smart thoughts here. First of all, let me say that I defended Erynn in the alley every step of the way. However, no one mentioned that if you go ahead and possibly take more beatings from Erynn Ethan, it could affect other characters as well. First of all, Melissa, who really likes MC, how will she react that you didn't help her daughter? Is MC's mother scolding her son for not protecting his childhood friend? Alex any way, same question... I guess whatever relationship you have with Eryn here, the childhood connection and humanity wants you to help her...
(sorry my bad english)

Oct 10, 2022
thank you very much 2nd writer up ( as 2nd runner up) cause again you and our other friends will make the next Nyx game sure , do not be upset it is a compliment not mocking really (y)
I know it's not mocking but maybe it should be mocking, I know I hyper-fixated to this game and know it through-and-through. I am not sure I'd be able to write an AVN though, maybe a KN but that's about it. ;):LOL:

I read genuinely interesting and smart thoughts here. First of all, let me say that I defended Erynn in the alley every step of the way. However, no one mentioned that if you go ahead and possibly take more beatings from Erynn Ethan, it could affect other characters as well. First of all, Melissa, who really likes MC, how will she react that you didn't help her daughter? Is MC's mother scolding her son for not protecting his childhood friend? Alex any way, same question... I guess whatever relationship you have with Eryn here, the childhood connection and humanity wants you to help her...
(sorry my bad english)
Nothing yet with Emily, MC's mom. Alexis will end their relationship if you are on her path and Melissa's path will be closed without even have the chance to open it. Also you'll lose all the content with Erynn too, as expected.

Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Remember the history with Ethan....remember what he has done to you personally...remember Erynn's gaslighting, withholding information, secrecy....not a dick move at all to think, I'm 18, she made her bed, why I should get beat up again. (I say that as a huge Erynn fan btw)...but as Def said, if you don't help her, you never see her again....she literally disappears out of your life (and the story) because you are no longer of use to her and/or helping her...

Think about that....
Imo that doesn't matter, whatever you might feel about Ethan or Erynn or whatever else, she IS your childhood friend and more importantly, she IS your mom's best friend daughter and your neighbor, I mean shit, you'd intervene if only for Melissa's sake...

So yeah, I think the reactions to you not helping her are not only justified, but probably not as bad as they should be, tbh.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Also you'll lose all the content with Erynn too, as expected.
I do kind of wonder if part of Erynn's content will re open and just play out completely different down the road if we do ignore her. Cause it feels like Ethan and Erynn is the central plot line in this game to me. Or perhaps Erynn will end up dead if we ignore her no matter what. Then the plot turns to trying to get Ethan locked up or something. It sometimes makes me wonder if I should have a save where I dont help her.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Nothing yet with Emily, MC's mom. Alexis will end their relationship if you are on her path and Melissa's path will be closed without even have the chance to open it. Also you'll lose all the content with Erynn too, as expected.
And you see now you have given the answer. So this decision does have a big impact on other characters.
So it's clear that if anyone wants any future content with these characters in the game, they need to protect Erynn.

Oct 10, 2022
And you see now you have given the answer. So this decision does have a big impact on other characters.
So it's clear that if anyone wants any future content with these characters in the game, they need to protect Erynn.
Well it's Erynn, Alexis and Melissa most people would not even care if not Melissa part of it. So no big loss there. Also if you are seeking a reason to help her,
screenshot0413.png

I do kind of wonder if part of Erynn's content will re open and just play out completely different down the road if we do ignore her. Cause it feels like Ethan and Erynn is the central plot line in this game to me. Or perhaps Erynn will end up dead if we ignore her no matter what. Then the plot turns to trying to get Ethan locked up or something. It sometimes makes me wonder if I should have a save where I dont help her.
I don't think it's possible, maybe we'll see the outcome. If I have to force a way though, I'd say Erynn will find out her father is John. John learns about blackmail and try to help her. MC has to meet John either by going there with Emily or Zach, so we can say it's a crucial plot point. MC will learn blackmail from John and will ask forgiveness from Erynn and will help her. It will tie the Erynn story whichever path you follow in this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acsuka
Oct 10, 2022
Any idea what the name of it is?
Oh no, there is no such a game. She just said that Santiago's story is the main story or something like that. Though, it was an answer to a rant about harem, so.....

And the next one can be about the MC's illegitimate child he had with one of the girl's trying to figure out their screwball family tree. All we need now is scrolling text and lightsabers
Next one will be completely different game, no connection to this one. I am not sure why though a prequel, a sequel, POV of different characters, Emly's university life etc. there can be lots of good games from this universe. :unsure:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
About Erynn tho (ye I'm late, sue me)... I see a lot of people saying she has an "obsession" with MC or a stupid crush or whatever, but IMO you guys are forgetting one thing: It's not so much a crush as it is the fact that they were childhood best buddies (and neighbors).

Now, granted, there are some poorly written sections in the game, but overall it was clear to me that Erynn is a lonely chick who's had a lot of issues with men, and she sees the MC's return more as her best buddy coming back, hence why she struggles with romantic feelings towards him once she sees he became hot and all that.

So basically: MC is the one who has had a crush on her forever, Erynn did like him, but probably not at "crush" level, she is just happy that her childhood friend is back because she doesn't seem to have any male friends (and not many female friends for that matter) and has been struggling with a lot of shit. But things start getting complicated if the MC tries to romance her... You'll notice that she only behaves as BFF if you don't romance her, and she still wakes you up and comes into your room all the frickin time because she misses her BFF, not because she wants the D.

She does seem to desperately want to go back to a "simpler" time in her life when they were kids tho, she really acts in a very childish manner towards the MC, but that's very much in line with what I'm saying.

So in short, I don't think Erynn's badly written, or at least to the extent some of you claim, and I think her character makes enough sense... I'm not saying it's perfect or anything, but it's good enough that I got the gist of what's going on with her.
I really like this post, if i may add anything...
Erynn loved the young MC like a brother (hey incest fans!!!) and she wasn't aware she was making him horny(which is dumb, specially given things like she let him squeeze her boobs, but alas), and she was surprised when he wanted to be more than friends.

I think upon meeting the adult MC her psyche gets all out of shape, one part of her wants to go back to the same life she had when she was younger(and happier), and another part of her remembers his declaration and sees he's all grown up now...
Enter confliciting unresolved feelings, unreasonable jealousy and "hot/cold" behaviour.

It is, I agree but see it from MC's eyes. MC does hate Ethan. When he came back, he is unsure about being friends with Erynn again. Erynn is always secretive about her relationship status, i.e. she got furious when Mel said she was single. Then he sees the photos, she still has Ethan's photos in her place and saw Erynn went to prom with Ethan etc. When he asked about prom she just brush it off with using gaslighting 101. Then suddenly Ethan showed up at the door calling Erynn babe etc. At this point he is suspicious about Erynn dating Ethan, she again brush it off with calling it only business. Then Erynn ditches MC for going on a date with Ethan, MC caught them red-handed while handholding. At this point, he is sure Erynn and Ethan are dating. When he saw Ethan and Erynn fighting it's a couple fighting in a back alley. Why should he put himself in danger at this point? Erynn is no longer a friend to him, she kicked him out at his worst without an explanation and she is dating his mortal enemy. There was no reason for him to intervene.

We are aware some of these are not true and some others forced on her by Ethan but we only know these from others' POV, MC does not know any of these. It's not his business so he just walks away, nothing evil about it. It's not a dick move either, MC is not a superhero who helps damsel in distress. Even thinking she got what she deserves is not completely out of ordinary because she is dating Ethan.
I'm unable to retort to this, it's very well reasoned, and it makes perfect sense...

Yet i still like Erynn, because at times it isn't about who is right or wrong it's about what story hits the right notes for you(and i'm a little drunk lol).

Reactions: mnotwoke
Dec 29, 2018
You'll notice that she only behaves as BFF if you don't romance her, and she still wakes you up and comes into your room all the frickin time because she misses her BFF, not because she wants the D.
Her coming into your room that first time is one of the best examples of her being crazy. If somebody completely shuts you out of their life for five years and is actively avoiding you, you should leave them alone. You aren't their friend anymore. You don't get to live in a fantasy world where you pretend everything is fine and go busting into their room uninvited while they are sleeping.

Her having romantic feelings for him is just an extra layer of crazy on top of what is already crazy behaviour.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes