Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You can be their rebound each in separate places, Alex in her parents penthouse and Eirin in her penthouse.
No need to ruin a perfectly good situation for this distraught and loony MC.
I was just updating my comment to point down the thing about Alexis/Erwyn. While I think MC can resolve the issue between he and each of them, their relationship (between the two girls) is severely damaged, maybe beyond possible repair.
Yeah, that can be a tough one to crack but I hope they resolve it sometime. I want them to be (my) friends.

Reactions: Ayhsel

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
I believe the story is advancing with a pleasant pace, nothing really to be changed about that. It's all good, really.

My only concern at the moment is: This game cannot end at any time soon! It has to keep going for years!

Thanks one more time for your excellent work, NyxValeria!

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Hmm i think the pace/progressing overall is good, the only thing which drags out and is really bothering me is the MC/Erynn relation, they should finaly talk about their past.
It's a tough call, i want it too, as soon as possible, but this particular talk affects a whole lot of things in the story, Alexis specially, maybe Melissa too...
So i do want to see it, but that sometimes can lead to a game that "ends but keeps going", the threads left need to be able to keep the story moving.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020

My percentages were a little off last time, sorry about that. This update is actually bigger than I had anticipated (Even with a part of the weekend in mind). I'm at 800+ renders already and still some to go.

It's the same as last week, I'm basically waiting for renders to finish so I can code them in. It's a waiting game at this point, but nothing I can do about it sadly.

The story is finished and I already started by refining everything that is coded.

I'm also sort of beta testing the different routes already, so once this episode is finished, there won't be a long testing phase.

I also have a question. How do you like the pace of the game? It is fast, but is it too fast? Because lots of things are happening almost every day without much breathing room. But then again, I don't won't to put in unnecessary stuff to fill the story because some might find it boring, but others might actually enjoy it? I don't know.
It will slow down a bit though, once the first drama wave is over, to concentrate more on the girls and the relationships that are building.
I think the pace of things getting introduced is good, but the pace of things getting resolved seems non-existent at times.
To name a few, we have the Alexis / Erynn / MC situation, the issue of MC's conception, and questions about Erynn's past. The story around his biological father has dragged on for too long, and I hope it is resolved this update.
This is one of my favorite VNs, but sometimes I feel that we have drama just for the sake of it. Maybe it is just that we are playying it as it is being written so we have to wait months to find out something (instead of just a couple of hours if it was read at completion).

Reactions: MrFriendly

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It's a tough call, i want it too, as soon as possible, but this particular talk affects a whole lot of things in the story, Alexis specially, maybe Melissa too...
So i do want to see it, but that sometimes can lead to a game that "ends but keeps going", the threads left need to be able to keep the story moving.
Well the problem (at least for me) is, Erynn is simply not a valid LI until that talk happens...it is also not really possible to advance her path (romantically) until then, which is kinda problematic as we need to choose.

Of course u can simply do a run, ignore all others, the past years, her slightly disturbing behavior, go for all the choices which give points and board the crazy train, whitout knowing anything...not the way i like to play.
So far she can't hold a candle to any of the other LI's and i don't think this will change until they talk it out.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
As I said on Patreon:

"Overall I like the pace, however I do think it depends on what happens in this update. If the MC does go and talk to Alexis or Emily (or both) about the drama that is currently ongoing then I think it will be fine. However, if the MC doesn't resolve any of those issues and more problems erupt then it will feel like the pace is both too quick (too much drama happening without resolution) and too slow (because the MC is not trying to fix any of the problems)."

To expand on that... Some people don't like the drama that is happening in the game and it is frustrating for them to not be able to resolve any of it. If this update piles on more drama without any chance to resolve it then I can see some people being very unhappy about it. But at the same time if all of the drama wrapped up with a bow, too quickly, it could feel like it was too neatly resolved and the stakes weren't very high.

Personally I think that resolving some and then having more happen would be best. So that we continue to have drama develop while at the same time some ends. I have faith in Nyx to get it right.
Well the problem (at least for me) is, Erynn is simply not a valid LI until that talk happens...it is also not really possible to advance her path (romantically) until then, which is kinda problematic as we need to choose.

Of course u can simply do a run, ignore all others, the past years, her slightly disturbing behavior, go for all the choices which give points and board the crazy train, whitout knowing anything...not the way i like to play.
So far she can't hold a candle to any of the other LI's and i don't think this will change until they talk it out.
Pretty much agree with both of these (y)

Reactions: MrFriendly

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020

True i see erynn in the same situation like steph in leap of faith with previous problems/drama and the looming threat of another lover or blackmail relationship, lots of person didn't like her including myself. Hope she gets the same as steph did in recent update when after hearing her out you just have to do a path for her.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
True i see erynn in the same situation like steph in leap of faith with previous problems/drama and the looming threat of another lover or blackmail relationship, lots of person didn't like her including myself. Hope she gets the same as steph did in recent update when after hearing her out you just have to do a path for her.
Yes thats a good comparison, thought Steph was far more unlikeable than Erynn.
That being said, i really hope Nyx will find a better solution than Drifty, the whole homeland-agent story was really weak imo.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yes thats a good comparison, thought Steph was far more unlikeable than Erynn.
That being said, i really hope Nyx will find a better solution than Drifty, the whole homeland-agent story was really weak imo.
Yeah, my enjoyment of LoF died a lot post Steph’s return. TBH I’ve not even finished playing episode 4. Just feel like the story “jumped the shark” and my excitement is gone. I don’t see Nyx having such a crazy “nuke the fridge” moment but I could be wrong.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Yeah, my enjoyment of LoF died a lot post Steph’s return. TBH I’ve not even finished playing episode 4. Just feel like the story “jumped the shark” and my excitement is gone. I don’t see Nyx having such a crazy “nuke the fridge” moment but I could be wrong.
If Erynn comes out saying she's a secret agent, I'm gonna flip a table. Laugh a little bit, then flip a table.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes