Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Late to the game (the story of my life). Another good one with a good story. Keep up the good work NyxValeria.

Read the first 30 or so pages of this thread and so many of the "I'm 100% sure it's blah blah blah" statements are in hindsight so off the target that it's actually rather comical.

Reactions: thorin0815

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Late to the game (the story of my life). Another good one with a good story. Keep up the good work NyxValeria.

Read the first 30 or so pages of this thread and so many of the "I'm 100% sure it's blah blah blah" statements are in hindsight so off the target that it's actually rather comical.
Well, you are wrong there are good renders pages back, fan art I mean

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Well, you are wrong there are good renders pages back, fan art I mean
How am I wrong? I didn't say anything about fan art. I'm talking about assertions that people made about the story plotline that turned out to be completely wrong.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
THIS!!! The reason why I like this novel: the emotional drama. Please destroy my heart over, fix it and destroy it all over again.. make me feel physically the anxiety right in the middle of my chest..

I disagree with conceding on this. Decisions that we make in life many times are without all the relevant information. It is more natural and makes more sense... It is particularly good for creating regret: "If only I have done this, she would still be alive!!"

Anyway, I know I am a drama queen but I seriously think that the more drama the novel brings the better and if Nyx feels she needs to rewrite I find that totally understandable. I want her actual vision on the story.

By the way, Niki is looking precious as always.
Well, this isn't Nyx having her hand forced by patrons or F95 to change, she re-evaluated and decided to do it differently.
This game is very different than she originally intended, so it makes sense to change things around.
Personally, think her reasons are solid, i assume the OG version of this story was a lot more focussed on this one character (since this scene was planned from day 0) but the game changed into a multiple route with many girls sharing top billing, if you keep pushing it back, people will commit to other girls and this "great reveal who was planned since before Intertwined was a thing" will hit hollow to many players, i think Nyx understood that and why she deemed changes were necessary, fear not my friend.

I remember version 5.5 which was a remake of the entire game, but expanded on scenes and added some stuff... Nyx isn't 100% happy right now, so maybe a 7.5 version is in our future too.

These Mondays are dreadful.

Whenever I read a new weekly report from Nyx, I start worrying about Lexi and Nikki. Given the amount of extra work they give Nyx to keep reworking the story to include those goddesses, I feel that Nyx would get rid of them in a moment when we are not alert.

The bodies would never be found..
You can rest easy lol.
This scene has been planned for the story from the very beggining, so logic dictates it isn't about the girl who was suppoused to be a fling or the one that was suppoused to die.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well, this isn't Nyx having her hand forced by patrons or F95 to change, she re-evaluated and decided to do it differently.
This game is very different than she originally intended, so it makes sense to change things around.
Personally, think her reasons are solid, i assume the OG version of this story was a lot more focussed on this one character (since this scene was planned from day 0) but the game changed into a multiple route with many girls sharing top billing, if you keep pushing it back, people will commit to other girls and this "great reveal who was planned since before Intertwined was a thing" will hit hollow to many players, i think Nyx understood that and why she deemed changes were necessary, fear not my friend.

I remember version 5.5 which was a remake of the entire game, but expanded on scenes and added some stuff... Nyx isn't 100% happy right now, so maybe a 7.5 version is in our future too.
Oh I did not mean that. My comment was simply that she should not show something just for the sake of letting players take better decisions (which was kind of what I understood from the message). And, that in fact, that is a wonderful literary tool to create unexpected consequences for the characters. Regret in particular, but also surprised and joy.

Reactions: MV_1999

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Is there a quick summary of what the original story was vs what it is now?

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Is there a quick summary of what the original story was vs what it is now?
Nyx has not said too much about what the OG story was gonna be but some things have been revealed like, Layla and Erynn were supposed to be the main LIs, Alexis was meant to be a 1 time hook up on the plane and then disappear from the story, Nikki was meant to die in Ep. 4 while out running with the MC, in the new story she is just almost run over. Her death would be the reason for the MC returning home instead of the new story where its because andres is marrying their mother and MC and Cara/Nikki cant be together since they would be step-siblings.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Damn! Half of the 4 most popular ladies (according to Patreon poll by a 3x margin I might add) weren't supposed to make it. Praised be to whatever deity you pray to that Nyx changed her mind!

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Oh I did not mean that. My comment was simply that she should not show something just for the sake of letting players take better decisions (which was kind of what I understood from the message). And, that in fact, that is a wonderful literary tool to create unexpected consequences for the characters. Regret in particular, but also surprised and joy.
Fair enough, but due to the how the game has already deviated from the OG script further changes may be necessary to make everything fit, which i think it's the case here.

OG story was to keep the mistery going, but with the game expanding and going with many multiple routes it needed to be pushed forward. Given a choice between staying with this character blindly while there are many other (equally enticing) options that you have more info about you won't have many takers... the reveal will deflate, not many will care.

If this is about who i suspect it is (Erynn), there isn't much you can do with her anymore without revealing the big secret (it's been teased a lot) while the other characters keep developing, it would put her in a very weak position, i think Nyx recognizes that.
Basically, you need to give people more info for them to get invested in this character before she falls to the background.
Which in a way is helping the player make a choice.

It's possible that in the OG more linear story, you could keep going... even make her your girlfriend before even revealling what's really going on, and that would make for an emotional surprise no doubt, but as it is people will just take other routes before it even happens.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Fair enough, but due to the how the game has already deviated from the OG script further changes may be necessary to make everything fit, which i think it's the case here.

OG story was to keep the mistery going, but with the game expanding and going with many multiple routes it needed to be pushed forward. Given a choice between staying with this character blindly while there are many other (equally enticing) options that you have more info about you won't have many takers... the reveal will deflate, not many will care.

If this is about who i suspect it is (Erynn), there isn't much you can do with her anymore without revealing the big secret (it's been teased a lot) while the other characters keep developing, it would put her in a very weak position, i think Nyx recognizes that.
Basically, you need to give people more info for them to get invested in this character before she falls to the background.

It's possible that in the OG more linear story, you could keep going... even make her your girlfriend before even revealling what's really going on, and that would make for an emotional surprise no doubt, but as it is people will just take other routes before it even happens.
Sorry, I cannot react. That makes total sense.

Reactions: LSC82

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020

Unless she was lying (there really is no way to prove it, maybe if Alex corroborates story but still is world of mouth) about what went down years ago, pretty much done with Erynn :/

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Unless she was lying (there really is no way to prove it, maybe if Alex corroborates story but still is world of mouth) about what went down years ago, pretty much done with Erynn :/
Nyx already said (prior to the 0.6 update) that the conversation with Erynn would be the absolute truth(i think she was kinda sick of this topic, people discussing who remembered it right/wrong) and ending to the discussion of the events from 5 years ago, if that's what you are refering to.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Nyx already said (prior to the 0.6 update) that the conversation with Erynn would be the absolute truth(i think she was kinda sick of this topic, people discussing who remembered it right/wrong) and ending to the discussion of the events from 5 years ago, if that's what you are reffering to.
Pity though. I think that MC's original understanding of the event made for a way better development that what actual happened. A childhood friend that has always been in love with MC? A dime in a dozen. A childhood friend that not only was not in love with MC but that directly rejected MC and even laughed a little at him, not common.

Erynn did lost a lot of appeal with the conversation. I liked the super cute childhood friend that simply could not look at MC as a LI and it is only later that that changes. And in fact, in my eyes it was like it reduced the effect of MC finally catching up. "it was just a misunderstanding". Imagine if, on the other hand, she had to explain

E:"sorry, I changed, now I do love you"
MC: "well, but I cannot simply forgive you, you hurt me!"
E: "I already ask for forgiveness, what do you want me to do? Are you going to hold me down to what I did when I was 15?"
MC: "I don't care you were 15, you broke me!"

Anyway.. let us hope and wait

Last edited:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Pity though. I think that MC's original understanding of the event made for a way better development that what actual happened. A childhood that has always been in love with MC? A dime in a dozen. A childhood friend that not only was not in love with MC but that directly rejected MC and even laughed a little at him, not common.

Erynn did lost a lot of appeal with the conversation. I liked the super cute childhood friend that simply could not look at MC as a LI and it is only later that that changes. And in fact, in my eyes it was like it reduce the effect of MC finally catching up. "it was just a misunderstanding". Imagine if, on the other hand, she had to explain

E:"sorry, I changed, now I do love you"
MC: "well, but I cannot simply forgive you, you hurt me!"
E: "I already ask for forgiveness, what do you want me to do? Are you going to hold me down to what I did when I was 15?"
MC: "I don't care you were 15, you broke me!"

Anyway.. let us hope and wait
While i never had a problem with that, yeah a 15 year old doesn't wanna date a 12 year old what's the surprise?
The visceral reaction and people calling her a bitch for it, prompted Nyx to clarify(btw, before the clarification scene there were already some inconsistencies between Alexis memory and the MCs so his failing memory might've been a thing already).
My feeling is she was never suppoused to be evil or a bitch, hence the clarification, but i do agree it gave her some edge...

I'm not a fan of the 2 fifteen year old girls being in love with the "barely hit puberty" MC, that's the one aspect i don't like...
Alexis in particular, them being each others first kiss(it's possible the MC kissed someone else before) and kinda carrying the torch for 5 years... too much "they were destined for each other" honestly, which is like poison for the cynical bastard that i am.

Jul 5, 2019
(btw, before the clarification scene there were already some inconsistencies between Alexis memory and the MCs so his failing memory might've been a thing already).
There's definitely at least the start of a pattern of him making bizarre leaps in logic. Like with his mom and Melissa in the pool. His parents have been divorced for years. He sees his mom kiss someone and first thing that pops into his head is "OMG YOU'RE THE ONE THAT CHEATED!"

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
While i never had a problem with that, yeah a 15 year old doesn't wanna date a 12 year old what's the surprise?
The visceral reaction and people calling her a bitch for it, prompted Nyx to clarify(btw, before the clarification scene there were already some inconsistencies between Alexis memory and the MCs so his failing memory might've been a thing already).
My feeling is she was never suppoused to be evil or a bitch, hence the clarification, but i do agree it gave her some edge...

I'm not a fan of the 2 fifteen year old girls being in love with the "barely hit puberty" MC, that's the one aspect i don't like...
Alexis in particular, them being each others first kiss(it's possible the MC kissed someone else before) and kinda carrying the torch for 5 years... too much "they were destined for each other" honestly, which is like poison for the cynical bastard that i am.
hmmmm an Erynn that did laugh at him and made him cry (even with assistance from that dude) WOULD have been different for sure as most games force a makeup or something close to it. Then it gives the MC choice of letting past go (the Erynn path) or no. (your cold to Erynn and is most likely Alex or Lauren path). Then when pool thing with moms he would be mad at both Erynn AND her mom (feel like Erynns mom got off too easy for kiss). Then cafe scene with Erynn and that guy and MC just has had it with her.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes