DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not everybody does what they think it's right, Alexis knew full well what she was doing wasn't right, still went full steam ahead because it suited her purposes(all is fair in love and war i guess).

According to the latest news Ethan and Erynn never dated, before this update i fully expected them to have been an item at some point in the past, but according to what Erynn says it never happened.
Given that we see him resort to "Weinsteining" his way into her panties, i'm inclined to believe her.

She only accused Alexis of lying about having sex with Ethan, after learning that Alexis lied to her about the MC... and it was also a lashing out attack, since in this episode with a cooler state of mind she says she doesn't actually believe it.
Uhm, unless we are assuming that Erryn told Alexis that she loved MC and would want to have a relation with him and as such claimed MC somehow, what did Alexis do wrong by bedding MC in plane and starting a relation with him besides not telling MC she was the Alexis from his past? Now according to Nyx, Erryn never said she loved or loves MC, the things when MC slept over were a joke and the outburst from Erryn with the words she used when found out Alexis had been with MC were just her having a bad day. :p Still strange words especially since I know when I am angry I tend to speak the truth about myself. :)

Remember also MC and her talked about Erryn on plane and he said he was not sure he even wanted to contact her, but for sure at his own time. Not something Erryn would have been happy to hear likely. So Alexis may well have made the judgement it was wiser to keep it secret even if she had not slept with MC at that point.

If there is no claim or love from Erryn on MC and love that she confided to Alexis about, there is nothing Alexis did wrong or what she even has to feel as guilty about as she does. Whom Alexis sleeps with is in the end her prerogative and not up to agreement fromErryn first, unless they are in lesbian relationship and all those feelings she confided were not about MC, but about Alexis. :p

Now my take on teenage Erryn and Ethan based on what I have seen in game, Nyx may disagree and since she knows more of the story and I might have missed some part of a rewrite and in the end Nyx is always right anyway since it is her story and there is always the risk that due to me being from a slightly different European culture and other time may look different at things as Nyx does, remember what was a deadly sin distant past like Greed before the Middle Ages is more or less celebrated nowadays. :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking forward to what Nyx comes up with to make that fit. :)

Last edited:

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
What else is there to recommend her? She was the object of the MC's childhood crush but nothing Erynn has done since the MC has come back makes her interesting as a love interest. She's that friend we've all had who just has WAY too much drama in their life and we like but also kind of avoid so we don't get drawn into it.
Agreed my dude, personally the drama is just a big yikes and most of the problems the mc has with her could've beem solved with clear communication, part of which the mc has a problem with dealing with, dude acts like a kid and is quick to storm off on any problematic situations. I haven't played the update yet but I'll stick with layla and see where that path takes our mc.

Stingus

Jan 31, 2019
Let's take the sexuality out of this with an absurd, though revealing, rhetorical device.

Say you are from a small town, you’re “famous” for owning the only Mickey D’s in town and an acquaintance of yours has obtained a video of you enjoying a delicious Whopper from Burger King… Now that is both professionally and personally embarrassing, I suppose, but hardly life threatening or illegal. Let’s then say this acquaintance demands you do some things you view as demeaning, possibly dangerous and maybe a little gross or he will share this video… He makes these demands without regard to his identity or security, in public, or on the phone FROM HIS OWN PHONE! Who would consider, for a moment, capitulation over redress?

Now, we’ll put the sex back. The character Melissa (that is excellent btw) has hardly shown herself to be a puritanical 19th century evil spinster. She is caring, bright, apparently close to her daughter and very approachable. Even if the character Erynn was too tree stump dumb to reason her way through this little puzzler, wouldn’t mom have helped? Wouldn’t Ethan be in jail or destitute or both long before the 18yr old mc kid moved back home? Remember, Erynn is an adult, a college aged grownup. She *giggle* wished to educate young minds… Little johnny isn’t calling her names during recess; this is assault, extortion and exploitation for profit. These are felonys ol’ Ethan is committing. And it’s even more ridiculous if you consider the reason it’s non-sexual hostess work isn’t Ethan’s moral code… She’s a LI. Yawn.

Now, I am not getting all down on the VN. I’m enjoying it; I think the whole cast being “intertwined” is clever as hell and the art is great and getting better each release. That being said, the debate regarding the Erynn character is silly, she isn’t unappealing. She is unbelievable. There are many fleshed out characters with real issues and real appeal. Darkness65, your point about Layla is very true. Elena too. Gabi, Alexis and more. They fit.

Alas, Erynn… she’s macguffin. I wish I could ignore her but I can’t. She has apparently returned from a desert island after an experimental fingernail transplant operation with an, as yet unknown, evil twin. Chaos ensues.
Oh no I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and Heck I'm not no board of the Erryn crazy train at all! Actually do what I do, see her as an annoying older sister or some shit lol I never follow her route. I just tunnel in goddess alexis and that's it lol

Now the reason for my post was more like a 'well look at it this way' as in, in real life it does happen. And I totally agree that her not telling Melissa Nor the MC's mum, who she seems really close to is indeed weird, considering her personality, but we can't ignore that nyx might be trying to approach this in a more 'a lot of victims have a hard time coming forward for fear or embarrassed about the whole thing', now as you have said it, considering how Erryn is portrayed this just doesn't really fit.
It's like this, this game is amazing, the story is great the cliches are placed in all the right places and the cheesiness is so great I would grill it and a make a sandwich. All the characters are rich in well, characte, all but Erryn. She is all over the place and still doesn't really fit with the story yet imo, hopefully it will at some point but as a LI I will still continue to see her as the looney big sis I wish I could ignore.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oh no I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and Heck I'm not no board of the Erryn crazy train at all! Actually do what I do, see her as an annoying older sister or some shit lol I never follow her route. I just tunnel in goddess alexis and that's it lol

Now the reason for my post was more like a 'well look at it this way' as in, in real life it does happen. And I totally agree that her not telling Melissa Nor the MC's mum, who she seems really close to is indeed weird, considering her personality, but we can't ignore that nyx might be trying to approach this in a more 'a lot of victims have a hard time coming forward for fear or embarrassed about the whole thing', now as you have said it, considering how Erryn is portrayed this just doesn't really fit.
It's like this, this game is amazing, the story is great the cliches are placed in all the right places and the cheesiness is so great I would grill it and a make a sandwich. All the characters are rich in well, characte, all but Erryn. She is all over the place and still doesn't really fit with the story yet imo, hopefully it will at some point but as a LI I will still continue to see her as the looney big sis I wish I could ignore.
Well if Erryn went back a few times to Ethan even before the prom as I suspect and Alexis, Melissa and Emily have been warning her against that a hundred times, it might make some sense that besides the fear there would be even more personal embarrassment about having to admit they were right besides the sexual embarrassment of the tape and that also played a role, however stupid and unhelpful that might be for Erryn to act that way. For this last we may have some small clues, she might act that way.

Stingus

Jan 31, 2019
Well if Erryn went back a few times to Ethan even before the prom as I suspect and Alexis, Melissa and Emily have been warning her against that a hundred times, it might make some sense that besides the fear there would be even more personal embarrassment about having to admit they were right besides the sexual embarrassment of the tape and that also played a role, however stupid and unhelpful that might be for Erryn to act that way. For this last we may have some small clues, she might act that way.
That actually does make a lot of sense, and I personally would love if nyx would go with that tbh, at least it would give Erryn a bit more depth? Idk just feels like all the other characters are so well written and 'intertwined' with each other and she is kind of just there, adrift in the whole story. But I do like your take on it! It would even make my whole 'she's my crazy sister' way of playing even more genuine lol

Jul 5, 2019
We all do what we think is right (or the opposite) but Erynn compounded her mistakes. I think one problem is the timeline. So if she did push Ethan out of her life, then did the blackmail thing, then when did she and Ethan date? Because there must have been a point where she felt positive enough about him to date and for her to believe that he was trustworthy enough that she'd doubt what Alexis had to say about them sleeping together.
Didn't it say he was bullying everyone she talked to, driving them away. He said the Alexis thing to break them apart, he was isolating her to make her easier to prey on.

And she didn't believe it, she and Alexis stayed friends. It came up at the bar because she was lashing out angrily, just like MC when he sees his mom and Melissa in the pool.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
really great points! as someone who have been accused of being an asshole (OK if the accusations are true its just facts but spare my self esteem) i understand that perfectly but as the asshole in this side of the story being in the position of Em and Mel what is one supposed to do? we can only speak the truth and its your responsibility to grow up face the consequences of your actions, swallow your pride and ask for help! Should Mel and Em shut up about Erynn making a mistake and try to help her before the price is too high or should they allow the mistake to happen so they can all have a pj sleepover with crying movies and ice cream and trying to rebuild Erynn character again?

Another great point taken was the lack of a male role model! My theory stands that Mel was afraid of loosing Erynn and that is why she tatted up and painted her hair! I wonder if it was a forcefull sexual act or even rape? The lack of new men in her life is trully wierd! She is an hair dresser she must attend school meetings and she lives in a small/medium city with a strong touristic sector that enables her to meet like 2000 eligible males a year, even if she is a bit edgy such places always have concerts where she can meet the kind of men she might most enjoy!

Emily lack of men can be attributed to being Married to Andres for 12 years and perhaps meeting her old flame Santiago so some of her needs are taken care of and if things goo to extremes there is always Mel and a cucumber to release the stress... But wtf is wrong with Mel? the lack of a sexual partner is very disturbing, her kid as left the house for 3 years already and "nobody came to fill the gap" (all puns in the last sentence are intended as they are)!

I wonder the kind of education Mel gave Erynn regarding on how to treat and deal with men! a forceful conception of Erynn or even rape could fill alot of gaps in this inability to trust both men and authorities!

Also i get the impression that Nyx is writting a kind of extreme auto biography and Erynn is based on a RL person that she knew but never understood! Alot like DPC created Acting lessons to deal with his own inner demons! Not saying that that truly happened but she saw situations and people and dreamed on how it could be turned into a soap opera!

Stingus

Jan 31, 2019
really great points! as someone who have been accused of being an asshole (OK if the accusations are true its just facts but spare my self esteem) i understand that perfectly but as the asshole in this side of the story being in the position of Em and Mel what is one supposed to do? we can only speak the truth and its your responsibility to grow up face the consequences of your actions, swallow your pride and ask for help! Should Mel and Em shut up about Erynn making a mistake and try to help her before the price is too high or should they allow the mistake to happen so they can all have a pj sleepover with crying movies and ice cream and trying to rebuild Erynn character again?

Another great point taken was the lack of a male role model! My theory stands that Mel was afraid of loosing Erynn and that is why she tatted up and painted her hair! I wonder if it was a forcefull sexual act or even rape? The lack of new men in her life is trully wierd! She is an hair dresser she must attend school meetings and she lives in a small/medium city with a strong touristic sector that enables her to meet like 2000 eligible males a year, even if she is a bit edgy such places always have concerts where she can meet the kind of men she might most enjoy!

Emily lack of men can be attributed to being Married to Andres for 12 years and perhaps meeting her old flame Santiago so some of her needs are taken care of and if things goo to extremes there is always Mel and a cucumber to release the stress... But wtf is wrong with Mel? the lack of a sexual partner is very disturbing, her kid as left the house for 3 years already and "nobody came to fill the gap" (all puns in the last sentence are intended as they are)!

I wonder the kind of education Mel gave Erynn regarding on how to treat and deal with men! a forceful conception of Erynn or even rape could fill alot of gaps in this inability to trust both men and authorities!

Also i get the impression that Nyx is writting a kind of extreme auto biography and Erynn is based on a RL person that she knew but never understood! Alot like DPC created Acting lessons to deal with his own inner demons! Not saying that that truly happened but she saw situations and people and dreamed on how it could be turned into a soap opera!
Bud you scare me. I felt like you just read my mind and pointed out all of the things I thought lol
Mel may have a more crucial role to play in Erryn's behaviour than we know.. And maybe the reason Erryin is looking for her father is less of a 'get to know your dad' and more of a punishing this twat' kinda drive. Don't know. Maybe I'm. Just shooting in the dark here because I want Erryn to actually have a coherent storyline like the others and be just as intertwined as all the others and not just the mc's old crush.
Like I said before there may a million reasons for why she's going along with this. You made a good point on how it can be some sort of personal experience, and like I said nyx could be trying to portray that victims in this situation rarely seek help out of shame, embarrassement or fear. Especially since that arse knows everything about her and those she loves. But just like you just pointed and a few others before, it's weird how Melissa doesn't already know and isn't all over this. DA22 made a great point on how melissa, Emily and lexi might have known about a recurring relationship between her and twatface, and warned her, she didn't listen and it's even worse to come out and tell the truth now. Just like in the pool scene Emily points out how it's probably more embarrassing for her to show her body to people she's close than to complete strangers, I know it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with this, but I just keep feeling that that conversation was highlighted for a reason. And that may be the same thing when it comes to the why Erryn hasn't asked for help from any of them.
But again nyx can make her the best LI in the game somehow, but I will still go through my route seeing her as the Batshit older sister that I just have to help and maybe my sexy batista will help lol

• Haha
Reactions: Warscared and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well hard to say, why Mel is not that interested in a relation though it would be surprising she never had any offers. I would not immediately want to go to the worst options like rape or serious sexual harassments. Fact Erryn's father is not around, may lead one to assume itwas in the end not a great relation or he was even an asshole, maybe she had a few more bad experiences combined with what she saw happen to Emily and possibly also Adriana that might have made her unwilling to tie herself to a man she would not trust combined with her concentrating on raising Erryn and supporting emily. (Maybe also a reason she might have some feelings for Mc since she has known and loved him since he was a kid some of that trust is there for him (and he at least as a kid seems to have given some of that love back), she finds hard to give to other males).

Emily, well can you blame her having some distrust and misgivings to get into a relationship again after what happened with Santi and Andreas as well?

Considering the warnings Emily, mel and Alexis might have given Erryn, you may be fully right, but Erryn sometimes does give some vibes she knows better and as I tried to set out before seems to have had some infatuation with Ethan and the again sentence also shows that she did at least once go back to Ethan, while knowing he had been an asshole possibly believing he had changed. (Stupid mistake made more often by people if they like someone for whatever reason :p) Now being proved wrong is bad enough, having to admit that if have been stupid in your own eyes even worse.

Now I have some suspicions what happened during those weeks and directly after after when MC was sent away, reason why and what have might happen directly after, that might make sense and explain a lot, but would be another wall of text and pure speculation without more info from Nyx. I suspect a few important things happened and Emily may have had a very good reason to her mind to sent MC to Andreas to protect MC and not cause she could or did not wish to handle him since a bit hard for few weeks. That just does not fit with Emily or Mel either who was acting like his second mom.

Last edited:

Stingus

Jan 31, 2019
Well hard to say, why Mel is not that interested in a relation though it would be surprising she never had any offers. I would not immediately want to go to the worst options like rape or serious sexual harassments. Fact Erryn's father is not around, may lead one to assume itwas in the end not a great relation or he was even an asshole, maybe she had a few more bad experiences combined with what she saw happen to Emily and possibly also Adriana that might have made her unwilling to tie herself to a man she would not trust combined with her concentrating on raising Erryn and supporting emily. (Maybe also a reason she might have some feelings for Mc since she has known and loved him since he was a kid some of that trust is there for him, she finds hard to give to other males).

Emily, well can you blame her having some distrust and misgivings to get into a relationship again after what happened with Santi and Andreas as well?

Considering the warnings Emily, mel and Alexis might have given Erryn, you may be fully right, but Erryn sometimes does give some vibes she knows better and as I tried to set out before seems to have had some infatuation with Ethan and the again sentence also shows that she did at least once go back to Ethan, while knowing he had been an asshole possibly believing he had changed. (Stupid mistake made more often by people if they like someone for whatever reason :p) Now being proved wrong is bad enough, having to admit that if have been stupid in your own eyes even worse.

Now I have some suspicions what happened during those weeks and directly after after when MC was sent away, reason why and what have might happen directly after, that might make sense and explain a lot, but would be another wall of text and pure speculation without more info from Nyx. I suspect a few important things happened and Emily may have had a very good reason to her mind to sent MC to Andreas to protect MC and not cause she could or did not wish to handle him since a bit hard. That just does not fit with Emily and Mel either.
Yep! Exactly the can of worms im so scared of opening in this thread, Emily sending him away might have a lot more to do with that than we all think. But just like you said better not go digging that hole lol
I do have to admit I spent way too much time pressing 'punch again' on ethan's mug lol
I'm gonna go off topic cus I saw someone saying how convenient that the mc's 'buddy' is basically a twat and all that. I honestly really enjoy when the mc has a goofy friend like that. And being the way he is doesn't mean he isn't or is, competing with the mc? I feel like some people just skip until the fap scenes and pick up a line or two from the plot
Let's not forget, he had Nathan back in Riverside, and he seemed to do pretty well with the opposite sex. And I love the natural organic relationship between him and nate, just felt so relatable, just like the one with zach does! I mean don't we all have a friend like zach? Lmao I lknow I have a few lol

• Angry
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Well hard to say, why Mel is not that interested in a relation though it would be surprising she never had any offers. I would not immediately want to go to the worst options like rape or serious sexual harassments. Fact Erryn's father is not around, may lead one to assume itwas in the end not a great relation or he was even an asshole, maybe she had a few more bad experiences combined with what she saw happen to Emily and possibly also Adriana that might have made her unwilling to tie herself to a man she would not trust combined with her concentrating on raising Erryn and supporting emily. (Maybe also a reason she might have some feelings for Mc since she has known and loved him since he was a kid some of that trust is there for him, she finds hard to give to other males).

Now I have some suspicions what happened during those weeks and directly after after when MC was sent away, reason why and what have might happen directly after, that might make sense and explain a lot, but would be another wall of text and pure speculation without more info from Nyx. I suspect a few important things happened and Emily may have had a very good reason to her mind to sent MC to Andreas to protect MC and not cause she could or did not wish to handle him since a bit hard. That just does not fit with Emily or Mel either who was acting like his second mom.
dude i saw mothers trying to handle 13 years old! 13 years are as strong as most females superior bodyweight wise and they and their hormones do not respect harsh words and have a serious lack of impulse control! If the only thing that those teenagers respect is strength, since there was not a grandfather father uncle grandmother or Aunt to teach them consequences, then there is nothing a woman can do to control such beasts except to call the police on them, they mothered them too much and they are not mature enough yet to understand consequences or the virtues of self restrain, yes they will feel bad afterwards, and the next day they will forget everything as their mothers kiss their foreheads and do it all over again!

as for what happened afterwards if they where at different schools as their age indicates the MC being a stubborn little asshole can easily avoid Erynn, combined that with Em only source of punishment being go to your room and you are not allowed to play with Erynn and go to the swimming pool anymore! Also if as you pointed out Erynn as interest in pursuing boys her own age or older and her emotions as its natural, having the MC tag along is both a problem for her and risks the MC getting hurt or in trouble with that crowd that is starting to experiment with alcohol smoking drugs and sex!

But a flashback on those days with at least Erynn trying to seek comfort in hugging the MC and being forbidden by Em could be a good fleshing out of Erynn Em and the MC. But my best wish is to know more about Mel and what really went down! yes she had proposals for sure but raising a kid is hard but after the kid left there should be no problem in finding a coach Morgan wanting to go out for a cup of coffee! Not the kind of man she prefers? its just an option/example of whats available for her at her age!
Yep! Exactly the can of worms im so scared of opening in this thread, Emily sending him away might have a lot more to do with that than we all think. But just like you said better not go digging that hole lol
I do have to admit I spent way too much time pressing 'punch again' on ethan's mug lol
I'm gonna go off topic cus I saw someone saying how convenient that the mc's 'buddy' is basically a twat and all that. I honestly really enjoy when the mc has a goofy friend like that. And being the way he is doesn't mean he isn't or is, competing with the mc? I feel like some people just skip until the fap scenes and pick up a line or two from the plot
Let's not forget, he had Nathan back in Riverside, and he seemed to do pretty well with the opposite sex. And I love the natural organic relationship between him and nate, just felt so relatable, just like the one with zach does! I mean don't we all have a friend like zach? Lmao I lknow I have a few lol
i do not have a friend like Zach! i am literally Zach except for not learning when to shut up, well... most of the times at least! thing is Zach fails so miserably that its cringe worthy! yes make as many stupid and horrible jokes as you can along as people laugh with you, never allow them to laugh at you!

Always stand by your friends and fight by their side! Zach as failed to notice the MC eye and did not ask what happened? man i had a few situations like that in RL and always went up and sorted it out with enough words to let them know if he gets it you will get it twice as hard afterwards, its not a threat its a warning on what will happen!

so Nathan is a far better friend except with less stupid jokes, i like stupid jokes but they do not replace having your back covered by people you can trust!

Remember Erryn was a young adult by that time, not a 9 yo or 5 yo kid, you would have expected one of the two of them to at least have talked with Erryn if she would have known why MC suddenly acted differently or know he was being bullied if they had seen the remnants of the beating up Ethan gave MC.
lexxi told her and she was about to tell her that the MC kissed her when she lashed out as a possessive child and that is when lexxi decided it was not worth it! So Erynn does not know that the MC was Lexxi 1st kiss!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stingus

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
She did what she thought was the right thing, she tried to end Ethan's bullying on the MC, was it a bad call? Yes, i agree, but she made this mistake with genuinely positive intentions.

Despite the fact that i only quoted you, the second part wasn't aimed straight at you, it was aimed at those that love to shit on Erynn(favorite sport of this thread) while spouting the virtues of Saint Alexis.
I do hope the Saint gets knocked down a peg again, rather than happy sailing all the way to the end, because at this point i'll probably love the fallout, sorry to the 3 or 4 Alexis fans that i sympathize with, you guys are gonna have to be collateral damage :ROFLMAO:.

And yes, vulnerability is a big factor about Erynn, i guess she's suited to those of us who like to play the knight in shinning armor.
That and blonde and ass, out of those 3 i suspect at least 2 don't tick for you, don't know on the third one lol.

Another characteristic of her is "wifey", her happier moments are when she is to cooking for the MC and helping take care of his needs.

According to her she did break her friendship with Ethan, not too long after the events in the backyard, before she ever started seeing Zane(if i interpreted the timeline correctly), Ethan the snake managed to sneak his way back with the threat of the mysterious sextape.
Then how did they go to prom?

• Angry
Reactions: Stingus

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
dude i saw mothers trying to handle 13 years old! 13 years are as strong as most females superior bodyweight wise and they and their hormones do not respect harsh words and have a serious lack of impulse control! If the only thing that those teenagers respect is strength, since there was not a grandfather father uncle grandmother or Aunt to teach them consequences, then there is nothing a woman can do to control such beasts except to call the police on them, they mothered them too much and they are not mature enough yet to understand consequences or the virtues of self restrain, yes they will feel bad afterwards, and the next day they will forget everything as their mothers kiss their foreheads and do it all over again!

as for what happened afterwards if they where at different schools as their age indicates the MC being a stubborn little asshole can easily avoid Erynn, combined that with Em only source of punishment being go to your room and you are not allowed to play with Erynn and go to the swimming pool anymore! Also if as you pointed out Erynn as interest in pursuing boys her own age or older and her emotions as its natural, having the MC tag along is both a problem for her and risks the MC getting hurt or in trouble with that crowd that is starting to experiment with alcohol smoking drugs and sex!

But a flashback on those days with at least Erynn trying to seek comfort in hugging the MC and being forbidden by Em could be a good fleshing out of Erynn Em and the MC. But my best wish is to know more about Mel and what really went down! yes she had proposals for sure but raising a kid is hard but after the kid left there should be no problem in finding a coach Morgan wanting to go out for a cup of coffee! Not the kind of man she prefers? its just an option/example of whats available for her at her age!
i do not have a friend like Zach! i am literally Zach except for not learning when to shut up, well... most of the times at least! thing is Zach fails so miserably that its cringe worthy! yes make as many stupid and horrible jokes as you can along as people laugh with you, never allow them to laugh at you!

Always stand by your friends and fight by their side! Zach as failed to notice the MC eye and did not ask what happened? man i had a few situations like that in RL and always went up and sorted it out with enough words to let them know if he gets it you will get it twice as hard afterwards, its not a threat its a warning on what will happen!

so Nathan is a far better friend except with less stupid jokes, i like stupid jokes but they do not replace having your back covered by people you can trust!
I am gonna stay out of that discussion further for now about those two weeks since it is too speculative and based on my opinion about characters, except for saying I suspect that Emily and Mel did found out somehow what happened between Ethan and MC and MC getting bullied and beaten up by Ethan.

Erryn and why she did not have a real talk with MC, especially since she would have likely known through Mel that he would be sent away to Andreas (at this moment at least you would expect some reaction from Erryn at the latest if not totally self absorbed and besotted with Ethan so she can not see that something had happened to MC after the confession or would not care at all for some reason when finding out at least then her little brother was acting weird) and why through Mel since they knew MC and Erryn had a little brother - older sis relationship or why she would not have known and have been told later. We just do not know what exactly happened, just I suspect that Erryn either through Em and Mel or other way found out for sure what had happened between MC and Ethan not too long after MC was sent away, but no idea why not before if she did not.

Remember Erryn was a young adult by that time, not a 9 yo or 5 yo kid, you would have expected one of the two of them to at least have talked with Erryn if she would have known why MC suddenly acted differently or know he was being bullied if they had seen the remnants of the beating up Ethan gave MC.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
Wow, Erynn is like the Maya of this game, huh? She is generating pages after pages of discussion.

After reading a lot of that, i may have a theory regarding why she never talked to anyone about her problems or even tried asking help.

Remember at the start of the game how much we heard people talking about her? Even before she even showed up, everyone that knew her always had the best things to say about her. That she was incredible good looking, nice, smart, independent and that her life was already on track by being a successful model and student in college at the same time. Erynn wasn't just Mel's only child, she was a golden child, an Ace. The girl on surface was great or the best at everything she did.

I have personal experience on this, because i have been a golden child for my parents when i was younger. You don't imagine the weight you have on your shoulders in this situation, especially as an only child (i have a half-sister, but she and my father live in another city). It seems you're carrying your parents and family entire hopes and dreams on your back. This creates an immense fear of failure (that i still have to this day).

That's usually why people like that go to such great lengths to show an aura of invincibility and success. Even failures must become victories in the long run, because you don't think you're allowed to fuck up. That's why Erynn can't ask for help from Melissa or anyone, because of the immense shame this situation brings her, and also the blow to her pride that it came to this level. She must deal with it herself, because she fears a lot more to disappoint the people who see her as the Ace she puts all her energy into being, than the humiliation she is suffering in darkness.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents at least. I think that if we had never seen that moment of her and Ethan, she would probably only ask the MC for help after something serious happened or if he was in direct danger and she really cares about him (to be fair, she shows to care for the guy).

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Uhm, unless we are assuming that Erryn told Alexis that she loved MC and would want to have a relation with him and as such claimed MC somehow, what did Alexis do wrong by bedding MC in plane and starting a relation with him besides not telling MC she was the Alexis from his past? Now according to Nyx, Erryn never said she loved or loves MC, the things when MC slept over were a joke and the outburst from Erryn with the words she used when found out Alexis had been with MC were just her having a bad day. :p Still strange words especially since I know when I am angry I tend to speak the truth about myself. :)

Remember also MC and her talked about Erryn on plane and he said he was not sure he even wanted to contact her, but for sure at his own time. Not something Erryn would have been happy to hear likely. So Alexis may well have made the judgement it was wiser to keep it secret even if she had not slept with MC at that point.

If there is no claim or love from Erryn on MC and love that she confided to Alexis about, there is nothing Alexis did wrong or what she even has to feel as guilty about as she does. Whom Alexis sleeps with is in the end her prerogative and not up to agreement fromErryn first, unless they are in lesbian relationship and all those feelings she confided were not about MC, but about Alexis. :p

Now my take on teenage Erryn and Ethan based on what I have seen in game, Nyx may disagree and since she knows more of the story and I might have missed some part of a rewrite and in the end Nyx is always right anyway since it is her story and there is always the risk that due to me being from a slightly different European culture and other time may look different at things as Nyx does, remember what was a deadly sin distant past like Greed before the Middle Ages is more or less celebrated nowadays. :p

Looking forward to what Nyx comes up with to make that fit. :)
Alexis does believe Erynn loves the MC, how did she get to that conclusion? I don't know since we don't see their conversations, but whatever they did talk about the MC left her with this impression, maybe she doesn't outright "say it" but it's something someone who knows you for 15 years can catch in the air... Her mom Melissa seems to have very close beliefs... despite this she went full steam with her plans.
Not that there's any need to add "bad points" to the decision to lie and manipulate your way into bed of your BFFs (suppoused)crush, that's plenty wrong already.

I do agree, around the time of the backyard event, Erynn was probably "testing her new powers" adoring the how teenage boys suddenly started sucking up to her, very normal thing imo.
However it's been repeatedly said how she not only tried to contact the MC that day, but the MC was avoiding her calls, letters and everything else, you can't pin that on her.

Then how did they go to prom?
Blackmail, have you been paying attention?

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Wow, Erynn is like the Maya of this game, huh? She is generating pages after pages of discussion.

After reading a lot of that, i may have a theory regarding why she never talked to anyone about her problems or even tried asking help.

Remember at the start of the game how much we heard people talking about her? Even before she even showed up, everyone that knew her always had the best things to say about her. That she was incredible good looking, nice, smart, independent and that her life was already on track by being a successful model and student in college at the same time. Erynn wasn't just Mel's only child, she was a golden child, an Ace. The girl on surface was great or the best at everything she did.

I have personal experience on this, because i have been a golden child for my parents when i was younger. You don't imagine the weight you have on your shoulders in this situation, especially as an only child (i have a half-sister, but she and my father live in another city). It seems you're carrying your parents and family entire hopes and dreams on your back. This creates an immense fear of failure (that i still have to this day).

That's usually why people like that go to such great lengths to show an aura of invincibility and success. Even failures must become victories in the long run, because you don't think you're allowed to fuck up. That's why Erynn can't ask for help from Melissa or anyone, because of the immense shame this situation brings her, and also the blow to her pride that it came to this level. She must deal with it herself, because she fears a lot more to disappoint the people who see her as the Ace she puts all her energy into being, than the humiliation she is suffering in darkness.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents at least. I think that if we had never seen that moment of her and Ethan, she would probably only ask the MC for help after something serious happened or if he was in direct danger and she really cares about him (to be fair, she shows to care for the guy).
There may be a bit of that yes and also that maybe MC acting like her little brother was one of the few people that never expected or demanded anything from her but some attention and her time and only gave her love. So he may be one of the few people she feels somewhat safe to admit failure to and have somewhat to do with her weird feelings for MC from our perspective.

Stingus

Jan 31, 2019

Haha pretty good comparison especially when she did a photo shoot for a character named maya lol but all they have in common is pretty much all 'this'. The ammouny of controversy they generate.
But I do agree with you, and your 2 cents were very insightful.
Like I posted a while back, people keep saying that it's far fetched that she went along with the blackmailing, but it isn't that fetching really. Like you said, she has this perfect girl aura around her. And she uses it like and armor but inside it, it's just another girl, with self confidence issues probably most of from the lack of a father figure. You made another good point with the fact that she probably wouldn't have told the mc if he hadn't caught, and caked ethan's face, you see her several times saying she needed and needs him and who else is supposed to protect/be there for her, and at that point he was, just like she always knew that she could count on him.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Alexis does believe Erynn loves the MC, how did she get to that conclusion? I don't know since we don't see their conversations, but whatever they did talk about the MC left her with this impression, maybe she doesn't "say it" but it's something someone who knows you for 15 years can catch in the air... Her mom Melissa seems to have very close beliefs... despite this she went full steam with her plans.
Not that there's any need to add "bad points" to the decision to lie and manipulate your way into bed of your BFFs (suppoused)crush, that's plenty wrong already.

I do agree, around the time of the backyard event, Erynn was probably "testing her new powers" adoring the how boys suddenly started sucking up to her, very normal thing imo.
However it's been repeatedly said how she not only tried to contact the MC that day, but the MC was avoiding her calls, letters and everything else, you can't pin that on her.

Blackmail, have you been paying attention?
No it seems Erryn did try to contact MC at some time after she broke up with Ethan the first time, but MC for his reasons was not able to be able to accept this with how he remembered that confession and what happened after, I guess he was way to mad and hurt still not only with her but also with Emily for some reason and possibly fanned by Andreas.. Very unfortunate since would have been better for both MC and her if he had likely.

I also said that it did show she thought somewhat of Mc, but that I would have expected way more actions from her if MC had been a heavy romantic focus for her or one of the most important people on her mind at that time. Same during the same day of confession and two weeks after and at latest at moment she knew he was being sent away. Even if he was stubborn, difficult and such he lived next to her and she knew in which bedroom he slept at night at least ......

I suspect the timeline is more like this, but Nyx may change my mind on this when more gets known, just my speculation that makes sense with the things we have seen in game and remarks made. At least in my mind it fits :p:

Last edited:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Haha pretty good comparison especially when she did a photo shoot for a character named maya lol but all they have in common is pretty much all 'this'. The ammouny of controversy they generate.
But I do agree with you, and your 2 cents were very insightful.
Like I posted a while back, people keep saying that it's far fetched that she went along with the blackmailing, but it isn't that fetching really. Like you said, she has this perfect girl aura around her. And she uses it like and armor but inside it, it's just another girl, with self confidence issues probably most of from the lack of a father figure. You made another good point with the fact that she probably wouldn't have told the mc if he hadn't caught, and caked ethan's face, you see her several times saying she needed and needs him and who else is supposed to protect/be there for her, and at that point he was, just like she always knew that she could count on him.
There may be a bit of that yes and also that maybe MC acting like her little brother was one of the few people that never expected or demanded anything from her but some attention and her time and only gave her love. So he may be one of the few people she feels somewhat safe to admit failure to and have somewhat to do with her weird feelings for MC from our perspective.
She was ready to open up to the MC the week before in the park, for some reason she trusts this kid she hasn't seen in 5 years more than her mom and her BFF(i'm assuming she doesn't know)...

And yeah it's scary for her to come out with it.
No it seems Erryn did try to contact MC at some time after she broke up with Ethan the first time, but MC for his reasons was not able to be able to accept this with how he remembered that confession and what happened after, I guess he was way to mad and hurt still. Very unfortunate since would have been better for both MC and her if he had likely.

I also said that it did show she thought somewhat of Mc, but that I would have expected way more actions from her if MC had been a heavy romantic focus for her or one of the most important people on her mind at that time. Same during the same day of confession and two weeks after and at latest at moment she knew he was being sent away. Even if he was stubborn, difficult and such he lived next to her and she knew in which bedroom he slept at night at least ......

I suspect the timeline is more like this:

Erynn attempts to get in contact with the MC are in no way related to Ethan, i really don't know where you are getting that from honestly...
She never wanted to lose contact, she never put Ethan ahead of her friendship with the MC(despite the fact that the MC believed he was getting passed over), she attempted contact a few times before he moved out and right after he moved out.
That isn't tied to "Ethan relationship status" in any way.

Your timeline bares no resemblance to what is spelled to us in game, it's based on no evidence, it's simply speculation(that contradicts what Erynn told us) and projection...

Reactions: TheOneWithThePorn12
Jul 5, 2019
No it seems Erryn did try to contact MC at some time after she broke up with Ethan the first time, but MC for his reasons was not able to be able to accept this with how he remembered that confession and what happened after, I guess he was way to mad and hurt still not only with her but also with Emily for some reason and possibly fanned by Andreas.. Very unfortunate since would have been better for both MC and her if he had likely.

I suspect the timeline is more like this, but Nyx may change my mind on this when more gets known, just my speculation that makes sense with the things we have seen in game and remarks made. At least in my mind it fits :p:

Where does the Erynn dating Ethan thing keep coming from? Did I miss something? It never says anything near that that I recall.

From what I remember, they hung out together, were friends, whatever. He started early on pushing people away from her, MC and others, even trying to drive a rift between her and Alexis at some point (during this time in high school I assume? Maybe it says)

At some point she starts dating Zane. For some reason unknown to us Ethan doesn't intimidate them. Maybe they are bigger. Maybe parents are important people. Maybe they're working together. We don't really have any information at all on Zane.

Ethan claims he has a sex tape and uses it to get her to got prom with him on the promise of destroying it. She accepts and this results in a break up with Zane.

She later gets a job at a model, at a company run by Ethan's father I believe? And he gets himself made her manager or agent or whatever, and continues to blackmail her into being an escort and trying to get her to have sex with him.

Also Alexis says they aren't together. Not that they used to date. Not definitive evidence, but it helps.

Reactions: Porthas and LSC82
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes