ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I understand why a relationship with her won't be possible due to Patreon rules. So, I guess her absence can't be helped. But maybe she could be a secret endgame?
Is that regarded as incest? ( by Patreon, or otherswise). Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression Cara/Nikki are coming back to the game/city where MC is ( though I'm damn curious how he will pull it off).

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Is that regarded as incest? ( by Patreon, or otherswise). Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression Cara/Nikki are coming back to the game/city where MC is ( though I'm damn curious how he will pull it off).
Step, adopted, and in-law are all “off limits” per Patreon.

And technically it is MasterCard and, iirc, PayPal dictating this to Patreon.

Reactions: Maviarab

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
He wouldn't have. He only knows her mother's place. She also lives on rent some place else.

AFAIK yes. They do treat stepcest as incest. It's the same reason why in Sunshine Love (Mr. Dots' latest) the main LI and the MC's parents aren't married. They just cohabit for five years.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
He wouldn't have. He only knows her mother's place. She also lives on rent some place else.
Yeah, my theory was that Alexis is the other girl in the flashback and that she and Erynn are still friends or perhaps are Sorority sisters... IIRC Alexis said she either lives at her parents house or at the sorority house. Erynn lives alone in a single bedroom studio apartment in the downtown area or stays at her mom's house (next door to the MC's).

If Alexis is Layla's older sister (seems very likely) then Layla lives at the parent's house that the MC visited when he fucked Alexis. And other than those three I don't think we know where anyone else lives (besides the milfs).

Reactions: Idontknowme

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Yeah, my theory was that Alexis is the other girl in the flashback and that she and Erynn are still friends or perhaps are Sorority sisters... IIRC Alexis said she either lives at her parents house or at the sorority house. Erynn lives alone in a single bedroom studio apartment in the downtown area or stays at her mom's house (next door to the MC's).

If Alexis is Layla's older sister (seems very likely) then Layla lives at the parent's house that the MC visited when he fucked Alexis. And other than those three I don't think we know where anyone else lives (besides the milfs).
My bad then... But Alexis does say that she wishes it were not so complicated and it could have been avoided had MC not moved away. That does not make sense in this context then. Unless Alexis knew that Layla has a crush on MC which can be contingent on a lot of things. Also why would Alexis get so antsy over getting caught by her sister with, for all she knows, a random guy?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
My bad then... But Alexis does say that she wishes it were not so complicated and it could have been avoided had MC not moved away. That does not make sense in this context then. Unless Alexis knew that Layla has a crush on MC which can be contingent on a lot of things. Also why would Alexis get so antsy over getting caught by her sister with, for all she knows, a random guy?
Ah but it does if Alexis is the other girl from the flashback and she knows that Erynn has been crushing on the MC for years... From Alexis perspective if the MC had been there the entire time then the two of them could have possibly gotten together without all of the lies and omissions (on her side of the relationship). It could also because of Layla's crush as an added layer. If Layla has told Alexis about the hot new guy at school that she is interested in and Alexis has been keeping the fact that she is dating him from Layla that is another complication.

Looking forward to seeing all of the drama next update.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Ah but it does if Alexis is the other girl from the flashback and she knows that Erynn has been crushing on the MC for years... From Alexis perspective if the MC had been there the entire time then the two of them could have possibly gotten together without all of the lies and omissions (on her side of the relationship). It could also because of Layla's crush as an added layer. If Layla has told Alexis about the hot new guy at school that she is interested in and Alexis has been keeping the fact that she is dating him from Layla that is another complication.

Looking forward to seeing all of the drama next update.
Yeah, the Erynn angle is obvious (I just checked she says she needs to pay for 'the apartment'. :unsure:). Regarding the Layla bit, I am a bit skeptical. There has to be more than one school in the city. There can have been more than one hot new guy. So, I don't see the point of her trying to hide the MC. Did she have sufficient context to infer that Layla's hot, new guy is also her hot, new/old guy? (not rhetorical. Genuinely asking since you are the proofreader) Unless Layla has had a crush on MC since before he left. But in that case how does MC not leaving simplify matters?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, the Erynn angle is obvious (I just checked she says she needs to pay for 'the apartment'. :unsure:). Regarding the Layla bit, I am a bit skeptical. There has to be more than one school in the city. There can have been more than one hot new guy. So, I don't see the point of her trying to hide the MC. Did she have sufficient context to infer that Layla's hot, new guy is also her hot, new/old guy? (not rhetorical. Genuinely asking since you are the proofreader) Unless Layla has had a crush on MC since before he left. But in that case how does MC not leaving simplify matters?
Well, I see the whole Alexis and Layla situation as, if they are sisters and have a close relationship, that Layla would have told Alexis about the new guy at school. She would have especially told her sister about him when they went out to a club with Elena and Zach. A lot of this would occur "off screen", an example would be when Alexis picked Layla and Elena up at the train station. We didn't see that, but if Alexis is Layla's older sister, then she is the one who did that.

Part of the confusion is the fact that Madison Springs is the name of the large city AND the small suburb... So the city they travel to in order to have a night out has the same name as the place where they live. The large city might have multiple schools but the suburb could have only one. SO this explains why Alexis was surprised to see the MC at the bar (I love it when people outside of the US have Americans drinking in bars at 18 years old, I don't think that is legal anywhere in the States) which is located in the suburbs. She could have expected to never see the MC again based on the fact that they flew into the large city of Madison Springs.

However, once Alexis sees the MC with Zach (the guy who has been irritating her little sister for years) and that the MC is in the small suburb of Madison Springs then it makes sense for her to know that the MC goes to the same school as Layla and that the new guy that Layla is crushing on is the guy that Alexis is "dating".

Layla didn't know the MC prior to his leaving... That we know of, though as she was the younger sister of Alexis (the other girl in the flashback) there is a possibility that Layla saw the MC prior to his leaving but doesn't remember it.

I believe that Alexis is worried because she knows how much the MC means to Erynn, Alexis knew that she was fucking the guy that Erynn was waiting for all this time, and Alexis kept this information from both of them. Alexis could be thinking that if the MC had never left then this drama may have never happened. Either because the MC would have always been with Erynn or because Alexis and the MC could have been hooking up without subterfuge on anyone's part. Remember that when people feel guilty about something their internal monologue doesn't always make sense... Guilt =/= logical...

Anyway, now that I've written a book I hope that is a little bit clearer...

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
MrFriendly
They allow pot but not beer.
Missouri allows 18 yo to buy pot but not beer.
(There could be more.)

Many other states allow 18 to buy for medical reasons but that is very easy for teens to get that.

There is at least 1 state that allow all ages to buy if for medical reasons.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Well, I see the whole Alexis and Layla situation as, if they are sisters and have a close relationship, that Layla would have told Alexis about the new guy at school. She would have especially told her sister about him when they went out to a club with Elena and Zach. A lot of this would occur "off screen", an example would be when Alexis picked Layla and Elena up at the train station. We didn't see that, but if Alexis is Layla's older sister, then she is the one who did that.

Part of the confusion is the fact that Madison Springs is the name of the large city AND the small suburb... So the city they travel to in order to have a night out has the same name as the place where they live. The large city might have multiple schools but the suburb could have only one. SO this explains why Alexis was surprised to see the MC at the bar (I love it when people outside of the US have Americans drinking in bars at 18 years old, I don't think that is legal anywhere in the States) which is located in the suburbs. She could have expected to never see the MC again based on the fact that they flew into the large city of Madison Springs.

However, once Alexis sees the MC with Zach (the guy who has been irritating her little sister for years) and that the MC is in the small suburb of Madison Springs then it makes sense for her to know that the MC goes to the same school as Layla and that the new guy that Layla is crushing on is the guy that Alexis is "dating".

Layla didn't know the MC prior to his leaving... That we know of, though as she was the younger sister of Alexis (the other girl in the flashback) there is a possibility that Layla saw the MC prior to his leaving but doesn't remember it.

I believe that Alexis is worried because she knows how much the MC means to Erynn, Alexis knew that she was fucking the guy that Erynn was waiting for all this time, and Alexis kept this information from both of them. Alexis could be thinking that if the MC had never left then this drama may have never happened. Either because the MC would have always been with Erynn or because Alexis and the MC could have been hooking up without subterfuge on anyone's part. Remember that when people feel guilty about something their internal monologue doesn't always make sense... Guilt =/= logical...

I'll add a bit of info about the schools.

There are at least 2 high schools. The one that Erynn, MC and Zach attended before MC left. Also which Zach got kicked out of.
The sports school which they are attending now.
Then there's also MSU, Madison Springs University.

Where I live, we can drink beer at 16. Strong alcohol at 18.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016

Yes that is pretty comprehensive. Also, the fact that the dev themselves upvoted it seems to attest to its veracity. I'll give it another go then! :devilish: Still looking for an explanation of the apartment Erynn has to pay for though!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'll add a bit of info about the schools.

There are at least 2 high schools. The one that Erynn, MC and Zach attended before MC left. Also which Zach got kicked out of.
The sports school which they are attending now.
Then there's also MSU, Madison Springs University.

Where I live, we can drink beer at 16. Strong alcohol at 18.
That's right! I forgot about Zach getting kicked out of one school. Anyway, the whole school situation (required to be in a sport) isn't something I'm aware of having in the US. Not that I couldn't see a private school having such a requirement.

And in the US, though states set the minimum drinking age, the federal government heavily influenced it and the minimum age is 21 in all states. So an 18 year old walking into a bar and purchasing an adult beverage wouldn't happen.

Yes that is pretty comprehensive. Also, the fact that the dev themselves upvoted it seems to attest to its veracity. I'll give it another go then! :devilish: Still looking for an explanation of the apartment Erynn has to pay for though!
I see the apartment as a "wants to be independent"/doesn't want to ride public transit late at night after working/going to school. She probably started modeling because she was excited about it but now is tired of her job but still doesn't want to give up that freedom of living alone in the middle of the city. I can understand that feeling, living in the suburbs doesn't have the same level of excitement.

And let me say, even though I love this game, if it doesn't appeal to you don't force yourself to play it. That's true of anything out there. Just because some people say "East of Eden" is a classic doesn't mean you have to like it...

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
And let me say, even though I love this game, if it doesn't appeal to you don't force yourself to play it. That's true of anything out there. Just because some people say "East of Eden" is a classic doesn't mean you have to like it...
I do absolutely adore the game. That is why I am trying to understand the characters' motivations.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I do absolutely adore the game. That is why I am trying to understand the characters' motivations.
I like it also and is why when the next update comes out I will replay it from the start looking for hints and things.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I like it also and is why when the next update comes out I will replay it from the start looking for hints and things.
I played from the beginning each time even prior to my volunteering to proofread the game (these days I do it to ensure I didn't miss anything). There's so much going on (and Alexis is hot as fuck) so it's been a pleasure.

Do you think that this game needs a Discord server? I ask because I mentioned the idea to Nyx but they don't seem to think it would get much traffic. (hope it isn't a problem that I asked).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Idontknowme

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I played from the beginning each time even prior to my volunteering to proofread the game (these days I do it to ensure I didn't miss anything). There's so much going on (and Alexis is hot as fuck) so it's been a pleasure.

Do you think that this game needs a Discord server? I ask because I mentioned the idea to Nyx but they don't seem to think it would get much traffic. (hope it isn't a problem that I asked).
Not yet for discord, there needs to be way more real time action instead of the past action and then still not for sure it needs a discord channel.
With only 83 patreons a discord channel will take up to much time from making the game.

Oct 1, 2020
I absolutely love this game, it just sucked me in from the start. The story has been very enjoyable, the chars are great and the graphics are excellent. It`s become my favorite VN at the moment.
Nikki and the MC were so good together...it was so sad being torn back to the present again with MC and Rin. I want my boy to get back with Nikki...
The college feel adds some nice drama to the family stuff. Dev has done some amazing work with this :love:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Hmmm...don't think she related...but you could be along the right lines....something is amiss somewhere.

Also remember, there is the line between our mother and the neighbour where she asks our mom 'have you told him yet?' and she replies with a no, she can't, I don't want to lose him again. Now whatever this is, Erin also knows about it as her mom has told her....

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 273 Votes