MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
Without going deep into spoiler territory, I was just checking the gallery before starting a playthrough to see how much content I should be expecting, and noticed Layla and Erynn have very few scenes.

However from the opening bits of the game I kinda assumed they'd be right up there as the main female characters. Is their story just more of a slow burn or are they just left out of the story almost entirely after a point?

mnotwoke

Apr 11, 2022
Without going deep into spoiler territory, I was just checking the gallery before starting a playthrough to see how much content I should be expecting, and noticed Layla and Erynn have very few scenes.

However from the opening bits of the game I kinda assumed they'd be right up there as the main female characters. Is their story just more of a slow burn or are they just left out of the story almost entirely after a point?
For Layla's character it's a slow burn: She's the most innocent and inexperienced of the main female characters when it comes to relationships and sex. There's a lot of teasing, making out, heavy foreplay, and hints at a kinkier side of her. It will hopefully pay off if you stick with her. Your relationship with her as a friend or as a romantic relationship will potentially link you to other female characters.

For Erynn's character it's a combination of slow burn and inconsistent writing: Due to her complicated past relationship with the MC, and some dark experiences, it's a bit of a slow burn. She also gets dropped out of the story in huge chunks which results in a lack of character development and huge plot holes. She gets better development in the latest episode.

Last edited:

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
For Layla's character it's a slow burn: She's the most innocent and inexperienced of the main female characters when it comes to relationships and sex. There's a lot of teasing, making out, heavy foreplay, and hints at a kinkier side of her. It will hopefully pay off if you stick with her. Your relationship with her as a friend or as a romantic relationship will potentially link you to other female characters.

For Erynn's character it's a combination of slow burn and inconsistent writing: Due to her complicated past relationship with the MC, and some dark experiences, it's a bit of a slow burn. She also gets dropped out of the story in huge chunks which results in a lack of character development and huge plot holes. She gets better development in the latest episode.
Thanks for the detailed answer ! I'll be playing towards both of them, hopefully it pays off in future updates.

Reactions: mnotwoke

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

Unlocked
Bad news
I'm getting straight to the point because I just don't know what to say.
My pc went up in flames, literally! And it couldn't come at a worse time.
I tried to turn my pc on this morning, but it didn't do anything. I started to smell something burning and when I looked through the glass panel, I saw that the graphics card was actually burning. I turned it off immediately and removed all the power from it. No idea how or why it happened.
It's the weekend now and I can't call support for help and check the warranty. I'll have to wait until Monday, but that's also the day I'm moving.
Everything I need is on that pc, so I don't know what I'll do now. At the very least I hope that the hard drive is still okay.
That pc was so expensive and I... I just don't know what to say or feel at the moment.
I wasn't sure if I should even write this. But I've always been transparent with what's going on. I feel like I'm letting you guys down and... This is just so frustrating.
I'm sorry.
I try to keep you updated once I know more myself.
The word on the street was that she got this new PC rather recently (the latest episode has better graphics than the earlier stuff for example), so hopefully it gets replaced by warranty.
Fingers crossed, it would be horrible to lose this one too.

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
Might be a 4090 and the power connector not pushed all the way in :unsure: Glad it wasn't any worse than it was and hopefully everything apart from the GPU is okay.

Another Dev here on F95 had a 4090 with a similar problem within the last day. Seems some newer GPU's have power consumption issues...
Not really, it runs 4K 160fps at 0.95v using 280-320W in Forza horizon 5 for example with a 2% performance loss compared to the standard 1.05v that uses up to 450w (600w gives maybe 3-5% and that's mostly for benchmark scores).

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Might be a 4090 and the power connector not pushed all the way in :unsure: Glad it wasn't any worse than it was and hopefully everything apart from the GPU is okay.

Not really, it runs 4K 160fps at 0.95v using 280-320W in Forza horizon 5 for example.
Just saying what I know, both of them had smell/smoke and at least one of them had a melted/distorted connector.
And we do not know how hard they were pushing them. Have to wait and see!

Reactions: operamini

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
JayzTwoCents was on about the power socket on 4090, if the power cable is pulled at the wrong angle it can possibly cause a short circuit that is the source of people having fires with 4090

It mostly has to be plugged in all the way and it's really tight for most, some click and some don't, mine didn't but i quad ripple checked it's all the way:

Nvidia said they know of 50 cases globally and there's been 140k cards sold, so doesn't seem to be that wide spread. Can also be a faulty connector but user error not pushing it in all the way is more likely.

But even if it's not a 4090, it can happen when wanting too much from too few cables. Happened a lot when mining, one 8 pin from the PSU and 2 cards plugged in from it's branch.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
hmmm..................

if certain other devs would have posted that i'd been laughing my ass off due lame excuse.
Not the first time a dev's PC went up in flames. I know of one other that has the pictures to prove it!

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Not the first time a dev's PC went up in flames. I know of one other that has the pictures to prove it!
I accused coworkers of trying to kill me this way a few years back. They needed a workstation re-imaged. I do the imaging one night and shut it off. Next day I flip it on and there's nothing, then a minor explosion and flames out the rear of the PSU. I'm fairly confident it was a capacitor, but I sent company mail to the department about their failed assassination attempt. The only part about the entire mini-rant that I caught grief over was reminding them that new computer hardware had to come out of their department budget, as IT does not reward failure.

I can't even imagine the horror if it were machines with the big-bucks rendering cards in them, there would be actual blood over some of those. These smaller-scale devs with smaller budgets for their hardware must bs feeling absolutely awful any time something like this happens. The comments I have seen from a few really drive home just how many of them are truly just artists, who know very little about computers in general, as the usual claim is "I have to buy a new machine!"

We should get them real tech support so they can salvage as much as possible and save money.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021

Short version, Yes.

I accused coworkers of trying to kill me this way a few years back. They needed a workstation re-imaged. I do the imaging one night and shut it off. Next day I flip it on and there's nothing, then a minor explosion and flames out the rear of the PSU. I'm fairly confident it was a capacitor, but I sent company mail to the department about their failed assassination attempt. The only part about the entire mini-rant that I caught grief over was reminding them that new computer hardware had to come out of their department budget, as IT does not reward failure.

I can't even imagine the horror if it were machines with the big-bucks rendering cards in them, there would be actual blood over some of those. These smaller-scale devs with smaller budgets for their hardware must bs feeling absolutely awful any time something like this happens. The comments I have seen from a few really drive home just how many of them are truly just artists, who know very little about computers in general, as the usual claim is "I have to buy a new machine!"

We should get them real tech support so they can salvage as much as possible and save money.
Many have looked at me like i'm crazy, stating PSU's are the first and most important in building PC's.
Having more then needed watt's is wise but, solid amp's on the V-Rails is something countless overlook.
Very expensive learning the hard way, to share the least.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Short version, Yes.

Many have looked at me like i'm crazy, stating PSU's are the first and most important in building PC's.
Having more then needed watt's is wise but, solid amp's on the V-Rails is something countless overlook.
Very expensive learning the hard way, to share the least.
The other big lesson, arguably the even bigger one is this - if you are going to use your PC to earn money, make sure you back up your drive in case of h/w failure.

Honestly, I can never understand why someone would spend tons of $$$ on a video card for rendering, but then leave the storage device, be it HDD or SDD, as a critical single point of failure that could ruin it all. A proper external NAS is cheaper than a good graphics card anyways.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
The other big lesson, arguably the even bigger one is this - if you are going to use your PC to earn money, make sure you back up your drive in case of h/w failure.

Honestly, I can never understand why someone would spend tons of $$$ on a video card for rendering, but then leave the storage device, be it HDD or SDD, as a critical single point of failure that could ruin it all. A proper external NAS is cheaper than a good graphics card anyways.
Possible there are backups but solid point nonetheless.
Cannot speak for everyone or how they work on projects.
Often i'm pulled away from the PC's with a TON of progress unsaved.

Countless reason for backup, tools and personal custom setting for one can be a pain.
Specially but not exclusively if their personally created and or mod'ed to taste(s).
Sometimes life does not allow up time and event for ISO/mirror backup to external SSD's.

Life happens *shrugs*

Last edited:
Reactions: LSC82 and mnotwoke
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes