defunktopus

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
We went to the effort of making a post for this site today, not realizing it'd already been posted lmao. Truly an honor.

desh9674 DM me and we can go back and forth to make sure you've got all the current info/screens. Thanks for making the thread!

defunktopus

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I personally like AI art, but he says he does AI art ethically. How do you "ethically" do AI art?
Just pasting this explanation from a separate thread:

This game uses ethically generated AI artwork. This may put people off at first, but at least read the following: to explain in short; all AI art must pull from somewhere. So first, we source processes and models which use much larger generation pools, then, the generations are tailored to suit a more "generic" anime style, rather than ripping off existing artists. All characters and backgrounds are designed traditionally, often sketched or drawn, then AI does the heavy lifting for generating the multitude of artworks for use in-game, almost all of which undergoes heavy manual editing.

Essentially, putting in a lot of research and work to ensure nobody is getting ripped off. All credit is given where required as well.

More than happy to answer more questions about it!

Siegfried67

May 8, 2018
Honnestly? Probably the game that looks the most promissing amongst all the ones i checked out lately.

I don't know why people freak out about AI art, if the end product looks that good, i don't care if someone took 10 hours to draw a single CG, or if a computer pumped 10 of them in under a minute. Would be like complaining about a creator not designing his own game engine.
And damn does it look good.

About how it's written, don't know if i'm overly sensitive, but just that short part with Rachel really made me feel melancholy like i was about to loose something, great job, hope you'll keep adding emotionnaly heavy stuff. Pure fap material is all over the place and it gets old fast, i like games that make me FEEL something.

Can't wait to get more of that game, and again, if AI art allows you to focus more on story and dialogue, and frequent updates, go for it.

defunktopus

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Honnestly? Probably the game that looks the most promissing amongst all the ones i checked out lately.

I don't know why people freak out about AI art, if the end product looks that good, i don't care if someone took 10 hours to draw a single CG, or if a computer pumped 10 of them in under a minute. Would be like complaining about a creator not designing his own game engine.
And damn does it look good.

About how it's written, don't know if i'm overly sensitive, but just that short part with Rachel really made me feel melancholy like i was about to loose something, great job, hope you'll keep adding emotionnaly heavy stuff. Pure fap material is all over the place and it gets old fast, i like games that make me FEEL something.

Can't wait to get more of that game, and again, if AI art allows you to focus more on story and dialogue, and frequent updates, go for it.
Thanks for the kind words man! Drop a review sometime if you cbf. Definitely the vibe we're aiming for is emotionally weighty content balanced with fap content. And hopefully an artstyle people like.

AI spooks a lot of people, understandably. But we think with time and effort put in by the creator, it's at a point where it can be used earnestly, a tool like any other really (internet, editing software, etc).

Siegfried67

May 8, 2018
Any idea what kind of gameplay will be added later? branching story path? a bit of management to get money to restore the house? I really can't wait to see where this is going

defunktopus

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Any idea what kind of gameplay will be added later? branching story path? a bit of management to get money to restore the house? I really can't wait to see where this is going
Thanks for the interest!

We're still working out exactly what exactly the gameplay is, though branching story path and house restoration are already planned.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Changelog for 0.21 sir Defunkt?
IntoTheCountry-0.21
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Love
Reactions: defunktopus

defunktopus

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Changelog for 0.21 sir Defunkt?
IntoTheCountry-0.21
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
Just hopped on realizing I forgot to update, thanks king!

Deyn21

Jun 17, 2018
I hope that thanks to ai art some games will be able to be finished and get updates pretty often.

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
I legitimately don't understand how aesthetically blind and braindead in general you have to be to look at the slop soulless, samey, corporate, terrible, sterile AI art slideshow games and go "yeah this looks good".
I think AI cg looks better than most of the average to terrible hand-drawn art you find on this website, but fuck me, I guess, right? You can filter the tag out if you don't like it.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
I legitimately don't understand how aesthetically blind and braindead in general you have to be to look at the slop soulless, samey, corporate, terrible, sterile AI art slideshow games and go "yeah this looks good".
you're free to ignore everything regarding ai, instead of coming here to complain.. AI haters seem to be almost as obnoxious as NTR haters.. :oops:

Last edited:

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Really nice! Wouldn't have known it was AI art if people here weren't crying.\

Writing and characters flow well so far and I really like the rebuild the house project speaks to my inner Sims/Skyrim player haha

Also appreciated how much decisions there were. Sometimes authors have too few decisions because they don't want people to complain that decisions aren't "impactful" but it's nice also to have meaningless choices like what radio station to listen too because it helps the roleplay of the MC even if it doesn't end up mattering.

Will follow with great interest!

• Red Heart

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
... Except this actually doesn't look samey, soulless, corporate, terrible or sterile. It looks like an actual good artstyle for once, instead of "I installed StableDiffusion 10 minutes ago" or, "DAZ/Honeyselect game No. 124521352345525346346346346363..."

• Red Heart
3.70 star(s) 7 Votes