morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
Yeah kitchen & entry repairs not working or going to bed. Hard stuck. Making new save didn't help either 0.32a version pc
I have the same error. I started the game from the beginning 4 times. And I still don't have a repair option.

FreeForSpam

Jan 19, 2024
I just tested a bit - seems like theres something wrong with the "kitchentools" variable in the housebase.rpy
around line 202:
"*Repair*" if kitchenrepair < 1 and kitchentools:

I took out the "and kitchentools" and it let me repair the kitchen and after that the entry.

Siegfried67

May 8, 2018
I'll never not laugh when reviews mention "Great art style" on CG AI. Top tier reviewers right there, fantastic comedy troupe.
Why the fuck should i care about how it's made... you're probably the kind of guy who compliments a turd because someone had to push really hard to get it out...

• Haha
Reactions: osanaiko

Terry

Nov 14, 2016
I just tested a bit - seems like theres something wrong with the "kitchentools" variable in the housebase.rpy
around line 202:

I took out the "and kitchentools" and it let me repair the kitchen and after that the entry.
This seemed to have worked! Thank you

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
around line 202:

This works. Thank you!

FreeForSpam

Jan 19, 2024
This seemed to have worked! Thank you
I'm confused - It works but it might not be the proper solution. Had Notepad++ run through all files looking for "kitchentools" and there were 5(4) entrys:
1 where all variables for the houserepair are established ( act_one_p2.rpy )
2 for the shop ( does the player already have the kitchentools and if not give them to the player ) ( town.rpy )
1 where after some dialogue with Ben he gives them to you ( act_one_p3.rpy which seems to be the second day? )
and 1 in the in the housebase.rpy checking if you have them for the repair option.

but when you repair the "entry" you get dialogue from the act_one_p4.rpy ... so we might be missing something along the way

Edit: I'll look into the act_one_p3.rpy again .. maybe I'll find a trigger or something .. cause the town.rpy has no other conditions for buying the tools ..

Playfulpetfox

Feb 3, 2018
You can like the style of a drawing without giving a shit how it's been produced. Those are two unrelated things.
And yet what I've said is exceedingly related. You being unable to see the relation shows how blinded you are by the strange desire to needlessly defend AI..."art".

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
I'm confused - It works but it might not be the proper solution. Had Notepad++ run through all files looking for "kitchentools" and there were 5(4) entrys:
1 where all variables for the houserepair are established ( act_one_p2.rpy )
2 for the shop ( does the player already have the kitchentools and if not give them to the player ) ( town.rpy )
1 where after some dialogue with Ben he gives them to you ( act_one_p3.rpy which seems to be the second day? )
and 1 in the in the housebase.rpy checking if you have them for the repair option.

but when you repair the "entry" you get dialogue from the act_one_p4.rpy ... so we might be missing something along the way

Edit: I'll look into the act_one_p3.rpy again .. maybe I'll find a trigger or something .. cause the town.rpy has no other conditions for buying the tools ..
I went to Ben's Hardware on the next morning. "Talk" brings up the house navigation options. You're right, this isn't an optimal solution.

FreeForSpam

Jan 19, 2024
I think I found the problem - its getting late here in germany so don't know if I can probe it properly:
in the Town.rpy
label hardwarecounter:
menu:
"Talk":
pc "How's things, Ben?"
show benjamin talk onlayer mid2
ben "Ah, quiet as usual."
ben "I spend half my days in the workshop."
show benjamin neutral onlayer mid2
pc "What do you work on?"
show benjamin talk onlayer mid2
ben "Depends on the week!"
ben "My current project is a birdhouse."
ben "It's... Harder than I thought."
ben "But I'll get there."
show benjamin neutral onlayer mid2
pc "Well, good luck."
jump hardwarecounter
"Repairs":
if fifthsleep:
jump benhelp
jump repairshop
The "fithsleep" might be the problem - or a part of the problem. After it jumps to the "benhelp" section in the "act_one_p3.rpy" file & at the end of that section you're supposed to get the kitchentools.
Problem seems to be: you're supposed to repair ONE ROOM PER DAY but at no point do you go to sleep. In fact during the whole house repair the is not a single time the variable activity_count is touched and it needs to be set to 1 to be able to sleep.

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
And yet what I've said is exceedingly related. You being unable to see the relation shows how blinded you are by the strange desire to needlessly defend AI..."art".
You can twist it however you want it doesn't change the fact that the way art is produced, and its intrinsic style are two unrelated things. Now if you want to keep hating I suggest you find a better thread to do that.

FreeForSpam

Jan 19, 2024
okay - this time I might have it properly fixed .. maybe

On the first day you should only be able to repair stairs & bedroom .. & if you go buy the bathroom repairkit you can't use it until you slept. Haven't tested the other days properly yet, but what I did test - if enough days pass you can call Rachel while going to bed and the next day - when you go to the store to get new repair materials Ben asks you if he can help ( act_one_p3.rpy dialogue ) - if you say yes you can repair the kitchen and when you start repairing the entry Ben & his daughter appear and you get the proper act_one_p4.rpy dialogue... can't say if anything behind that works how its supposed to.

edit: for it do work properly you need to restart from the before repairing the bedroom ..

Last edited:

pcgeni

Oct 24, 2018
okay - this time I might have it properly fixed .. maybe
Maybe Fixed Housebase.rpy

On the first day you should only be able to repair stairs & bedroom .. & if you go buy the bathroom repairkit you can't use it until you slept. Haven't tested the other days properly yet, but what I did test - if enough days pass you can call Rachel while going to bed and the next day - when you go to the store to get new repair materials Ben asks you if he can help ( act_one_p3.rpy dialogue ) - if you say yes you can repair the kitchen and when you start repairing the entry Ben & his daughter appear and you get the proper act_one_p4.rpy dialogue... can't say if anything behind that works how its supposed to.

edit: for it do work properly you need to restart from the before repairing the bedroom ..
dont work

FreeForSpam

Jan 19, 2024
dont work
where exactly doesn't it work?

I just tested it again:
repair bedroom -> go to sleep -> go to town -> get bathroom repairset -> repair bathroom -> go to sleep -> go to town -> get mainroom repairset -> repair mainroom -> go to sleep -> can call Rachel -> go to store -> click "repair" -> got dialogue with Ben -> repair kitchen -> repair entry -> Ben&daughter show up .. thats the amount I have tested.

Last edited:
Reactions: morphisiusz
3.30 star(s) 7 Votes