3.40 star(s) 9 Votes

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
@Babus you should not hide any content behind paywall, that usually turn off more people rather than help you get more support, take a look to icstor (5100 patreons and milfy is one of the most pirated games, yet still many of us support him ;)) or any other dev that is at the top of patreon games........ and if only you could make all the chapters into one full game it will be better than each chapter having different .exe

After saying that, congrats for the game, it seems pretty good so far (y);)

May 2, 2017
@Babus you should not hide any content behind paywall, that usually turn off more people rather than help you get more support, take a look to icstor (5100 patreons and milfy is one of the most pirated games, yet still many of us support him ;)) or any other dev that is at the top of patreon games........ and if only you could make all the chapters into one full game it will be better than each chapter having different .exe

I second this

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
People will support the dev because they like what they're doing, not because they're constantly reminded about patreon or potential exclusives. Just shoutout the patreon page at the end of a chapter so people will have better gameplay experience. I could be wrong, like maybe people telling "like comment and subscribe" really is news to people who watch youtube videos too.

As for content I'd prefer if it was more focused on femdom. I'm not sure many people who look for that tag are interested in the other scenes.

These eyes don't seem very halal.
dsaa.png

Reactions: Eminba

geninaheci

Donor
Oct 24, 2017

+1

Ey24122

Oct 30, 2017
Patreon exclusive are annoying. so i fixed it.
Here's the cracks for chapter 1, 2, and 3.
Unlocks the dialogues and the thumbnail in the gallery, but not the actual scenes.
Unfortunately, as far as i can tell there's no way to get the actual scenes back though, so you'll get a black screen when they should be playing :/
while i was at it i removed the small Patreon icon in the top left corner, since it was kind of annoying.

As always, backup, and be careful when downloading code from unknown source on the internet :p

Someguy88

Dec 18, 2018
How do you get chapter end save for chapter 1, when i click get save it tells copied and nothing happens and i can't find save anywhere. I can get end saves for chapters 2-3-4 but not for 1, is it premium only?

robot0414

Jul 21, 2017
How do you get chapter end save for chapter 1, when i click get save it tells copied and nothing happens and i can't find save anywhere. I can get end saves for chapters 2-3-4 but not for 1, is it premium only?
The data of ch.1 is saved as a code in your clipboard.You can find the data simply by ctrl+v

Someguy88

Dec 18, 2018
The data of ch.1 is saved as a code in your clipboard.You can find the data simply by ctrl+v
Thanks, i didn't know that it was code. Developer definitely should update chapter 1 to get saves and hide text ability plus improve creampie in all chapters and some scenes have 2 animations but in gallery you get only 1.

Babus

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018

Dev here!

I myself am not very fond of paywalls. Before becoming a dev, I hated them too and made a promise of not using them if it wasn't totally necessary.

But the thing is, they seem to be for me.

Now, I know there are games that don't have paywalls and are financially successful at Patreon. That's why one of my earliest games was completely paywall-free: I thought that, if other people could achieve a stable income without hidden content, so could I.

I invested several months on that game. It was a small parody game, but had a relatively high production value. When I released it, it got pretty good reviews and it was played by a lot of people -it's my 2nd most played game in Newgrounds. That game is "A date with Earth-Chan", by the way.

And man, what a shame when despite of all that I didn't get more than a 3 patron count increase.

I still had a job at that time and had to develop that game during the nights, which wasn't the most healthy lifestyle, so after that letdown I considered to just stop my short indie developer career.

But I had invested so much time on that engine that I decided to give it another try. I reused the framework I had built to make the first episode of Into the Forest, and I put a paywall for a single CG scene (there are 9 CGs in each chapter).

This time the results weren't the same. Around 90 people decided to pledge, which was a huge relief: I discovered that paywalls could save my dream, even if I didn't like them.

So I continued making more episodes with a little paywall on them, and each of one strengthened my income until the point I could leave my job and focus my efforts on Babus Games. By the way, that was not the only effect I noticed by putting paywalls: interestingly enough, people were engaging more with me, and because of piracy, I started appearing in a lot of more sites (like f95), which made my games more popular.

I still don't have a very solid income, but at least I'm not anxious anymore of not being able to pay my bills. Understand that removing paywalls now would be a VERY risky move for me, as I could easily lose my economic stability again. I don't put paywalls because of greed: I put them because I want to develop games, and they are reliable. Being an indie game developer is not a super lucrative thing by any means: it's hard to find oxygen to keep going.

Oh, and by the way, even if I put paywalls, I'm not against piracy sites. As I said earlier, piracy kinda helped me to get a bit more known in the adult game scene, and I never noticed any economic losses because of it. But I can't be the one to put the full builds for free as I suspect I would be delivering the wrong message. As long as the player is aware that I need support to keep making games, it's fine, even if they decide not to pledge anything.

Well, that's everything! I don't know if it was convincing enough for you guys. I just wanted to share a bit of my worries and experiences as a developer!

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Dev here!

I myself am not very fond of paywalls. Before becoming a dev, I hated them too and made a promise of not using them if it wasn't totally necessary.

But the thing is, they seem to be for me.

Now, I know there are games that don't have paywalls and are financially successful at Patreon. That's why one of my earliest games was completely paywall-free: I thought that, if other people could achieve a stable income without hidden content, so could I.

I invested several months on that game. It was a small parody game, but had a relatively high production value. When I released it, it got pretty good reviews and it was played by a lot of people -it's my 2nd most played game in Newgrounds. That game is "A date with Earth-Chan", by the way.

And man, what a shame when despite of all that I didn't get more than a 3 patron count increase.

I still had a job at that time and had to develop that game during the nights, which wasn't the most healthy lifestyle, so after that letdown I considered to just stop my short indie developer career.

But I had invested so much time on that engine that I decided to give it another try. I reused the framework I had built to make the first episode of Into the Forest, and I put a paywall for a single CG scene (there are 9 CGs in each chapter).

This time the results weren't the same. Around 90 people decided to pledge, which was a huge relief: I discovered that paywalls could save my dream, even if I didn't like them.

So I continued making more episodes with a little paywall on them, and each of one strengthened my income until the point I could leave my job and focus my efforts on Babus Games. By the way, that was not the only effect I noticed by putting paywalls: interestingly enough, people were engaging more with me, and because of piracy, I started appearing in a lot of more sites (like f95), which made my games more popular.

I still don't have a very solid income, but at least I'm not anxious anymore of not being able to pay my bills. Understand that removing paywalls now would be a VERY risky move for me, as I could easily lose my economic stability again. I don't put paywalls because of greed: I put them because I want to develop games, and they are reliable. Being an indie game developer is not a super lucrative thing by any means: it's hard to find oxygen to keep going.

Oh, and by the way, even if I put paywalls, I'm not against piracy sites. As I said earlier, piracy kinda helped me to get a bit more known in the adult game scene, and I never noticed any economic losses because of it. But I can't be the one to put the full builds for free as I suspect I would be delivering the wrong message. As long as the player is aware that I need support to keep making games, it's fine, even if they decide not to pledge anything.

Well, that's everything! I don't know if it was convincing enough for you guys. I just wanted to share a bit of my worries and experiences as a developer!
i dont think the paywalls are why you have increased the support in your patreons, if you take note of any succesfull dev they dont have paywalls, however if you see devs that do indeed have paywalls they are less succesfull.

you may think "it" was what saved you and secure an income, but thats totally not the case if you have any patreons is because they like your content , they did take note of you and nothing less (be it here or in other website), if people dont want to pay they will never will do it not matter if you have or not a paywall system. I learned from seeing many games and devs that have paywalls are what make people away usually, you can still think you are correct and continue this system, i was merely giving you my advice, is up for you take it or not (y)

Reactions: swe920

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Wow those Paywalls were annoying, I felt like I was playing the Demo version whenever they popped up.

Also the Chapter 1 save is not creating a Save file at the end of the game.

Oct 30, 2017
i got chapter 1 but the file is just weird, cant unpack, cant delete or rename the file. anyone know of a way to delete it? have tried a lot, including command prompt. need help here guys.

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes