VN Ren'Py Abandoned Invasion [v0.0.3] [MultiChoicesStudio]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

MultiChoicesStudio

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
What do you think about the next chapter? Should it be an open world or straight storyline?
Here's a about the gameplay of the next chapter.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game has to game, we have real live CAM GURLS FOR THE straight up watching experience.
What do you think about the next chapter? Should it be an open world or straight storyline?
Here's a about the gameplay of the next chapter.
Just have a road map on hand and open this game world up, like:

Every other day, visit location 1 for Sara, location 3 4 money, locaion 2 4 glory, location 5 4 romance ...
location 4 is the easy gurl, location 6 is the pent up GF, location 7 is the childhood friend.

Reactions: MultiChoicesStudio

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
If you go open world you'll have to build a hint system to go along with it so players have a clue what paths are available.

That could go on the relationship points screen... Story line's just continuing along the path you're already on and that seems like something you could get out with fewest bugs fastest?

Right now I am not fond of the relationship screen because there's no clear navigation in it, the only way out is to click through all the girls and those clicks seem to be advancing the plot in the background at the same time it's scrolling the girls in the relationship screen.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
My progress to the park and talk to Magen , and then go to strip club .
Can any one tell me what to do next ?? and can't go in strip club after Magen gave pass ..
Either you posted in the wrong game thread or there's a path I totally missed. There's no Magen on my relationship screen and no park or strip club I've stumbled across.

Reactions: MultiChoicesStudio

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
At least the MC in this game doesn't look like an asshole or an impossible-to-get-laid geek like he does in a ton of school-setting games. He doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least he doesn't look hopeless or like a prick.

MultiChoicesStudio

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Open world? it is good that I haven't played the game yet because I'm not invested in the game yet so there is no reason to get mad when I have to drop the game because it goes sandbox.
It is not clear that the game will switch to the sandbox yet. But if I do sandbox, I won't redo the first chapters. Only the third and subsequent chapters will be open world. (At least I think so for now.)

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
Open world? it is good that I haven't played the game yet because I'm not invested in the game yet so there is no reason to get mad when I have to drop the game because it goes sandbox.
If it becomes a open world sandbox game with repeatable events and no I don't mean hidden in a silly gallery , dream sequence or memory sequence . Then I will support the game until then good luck with game

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Well I tried to play the 'game'. The GUI is terrible. Text box is too big and dominant. Dont like the flashing; it gave me a headache. I read very fast. The renders are not great and miss clarity. It does not work, sorry. Good luck.

Reactions: qaywsx

biglazydog

May 28, 2017
It is not clear that the game will switch to the sandbox yet. But if I do sandbox, I won't redo the first chapters. Only the third and subsequent chapters will be open world. (At least I think so for now.)
The thing is... if you go "open world" it'll still just be a straight story anyhow. The characters will all have straight forward paths. That's not a bad thing. "Opening" up a map and travel, etc... only makes the game more complex - for both you as the dev and also for the player. And, does the extra complexity net you any sort of advantage? What advantage, for example, do you think the game having map travel will bring to the story? Or to me as the player? All it really means, for most stories, is that I'm going to waste time and focus by needing to click around to travel to new locations, per some quest, rather than just enjoying the story.

Unless you're going to build a game as rich as Summertime Saga, for example, why bother with travel. Just create a nice story, maybe some branching decisions, and let the character move to locations on his own rather than make me get lost trying to figure out where the hell the last mission was meant to take me.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Not too far in but three things stand out thus far. First the dialogue is awkward but maybe that's intentional. Secondly the name of the best friend is Hoch...as a surname sure but a first name? Thirdly what is up with the rictus the MC is sporting? He looks like the Joker sans bleached skin and preparing to pull out the electrodes for shock therapy.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes