thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Yes! New update is here, love the first demo and the idea of the game so can't wait to download this one to check out new content. Look like this time we got some vaginal sex action with the women now, lovely

Reactions: Symbolic Reasons

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
The game does seem to get stuck in a loop a couple of times. Once, when I was in Lab A and Heath came into the lab, he kept coming in. I was able to eventually break the loop by clicking the map and selecting a different room. The second time was when Candy came back, just like what OsMyDog stated in his post. To break that loop, I had to load an automatic save from before I came out into the lobby and make sure I didn't have any buildup.

Also got an unrelated traceback error when on Himari's quest for office supplies. Talked to Phil and asked about rubber bands.
View attachment traceback.txt

Last edited:

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
It gets stuck in a loop when Candy comes back the second day.
When Candy came back, did you click through the animation? When I got stuck in the loop, I just tried letting the animation play without clicking at all, and it seemed to work normally.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
This game desperately needs to move to another engine™.
Ren'Py is

1: Designed for visual novels, not PAC adventures
2: Tedious and slow, relatively large base footprint compared to content. Also, animating stuff by using 8-15 still images takes up lots of space, as well as increasing the chance of Ren'Py crashing, or responding slowly. Especially on old hardware.
3: Based on Python 2.7 which was released in 2016!!! and last updated two years ago. It is no longer safe to use.
4: Just generally the worst choice for anything but displaying pictures and letting people choose between a few options.

Engines that would be both faster to develop this in, easier to develop the game in, and running more smoothly are:

1. Visionaire Studio
2. Adventure Game Creator (Unity)
3. PlayMaker (Unity)
4. Basically, any other game development tool for Unity with the Dialogue System addon, or another tool for that purpose. Unity also has assets to actually generate AI for the NPCs. They could respond on many more parameters than just the sperm and pheromones (check out the Behavior asset). You can also add dynamic bones for the 2D (or Live2D) which makes the characters a bit like in the old SuperDeepThroat. It's easier to manage as well as conserving space instead of cycling thru images.

Even GameMaker Studio would be a better choice, which says a lot.
Or NaniNovel (Unity add-on). It makes it less clunky.

I do love the cartoony look and feel. But another plus for Unity is it supports 3D. It also supports live2d as mentioned which, used correctly, would make these characters seem more alive (they feel a bit like cardboard people).

PS: Testing out, a base "Hello World" game in Ren'Py takes about 80 megabytes. That is just the Ren'Py engine and Python.
A similar game in Unity with fx NaniNovel is about 64 MB and with the less space, you have a smooth game, AND support for all platforms...

PPS: I am actually impressed that you manage to generate a coordinate based point and click game in Ren'Py. But I am also almost completely certain that you will get issues with it in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: katy_letv

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Oh, by the way. Some things I noticed:

Being a pretty interactive project, there is one issue which isn't a bug but still kind of is:

When the NPCs leave the facility, they just mysteriously decompose.
This means, when fx Bimbo leaves her desk in the lobby, she vanishes - even if you have a massive cum load built up. She just vanishes, and that breaks the story about the MC being irresistible.

Also, if Laura denies to blow you in the morning("Sorry bub..."), she leaves without performing the experiment. But your sperm level declines to zero anyway.

An actual bug:
On Sunday, if you have less than three hours left until 7 PM and you skip three hours (sure full cum meter), you are transported to monday without moving, meaning you miss the morning Laura routine. Also, characters aren't visible except Laura, but they are interactable (verified with Bimbo who isn't there, but still is).

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
It has some pretty slick GIFs (with sound).
Uh no, GIFs don't have sound. The "scene" does. Might be pseudo-synchronized which is all that Ren'Py can do.
They aren't GIFs by the way. They are just PNGs that cycle. About 8-10 of them per "animation". Take a look in the game/images/<NPC-name> folder.
There are a few which I haven't seen yet, fx Ebony and Selena. And a double BJ with Karen and Laura.

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
Much appreciated. We're happy to hear that our hard work isn't going unnoticed.
My judgment on this game

-analog clock is redundant, switch it to digital only with the menu (map, etc) with option to stay open or retracted
-consider switching it to time slot based instead of fluid time flow
-some overlay imgs issue (ebony bust are hidden behind desk during her scenes)
-some scenes control is wonky af (switch to 4 phase - slow, normal and fast and cum option to avoid others and your confusion)
-change it to point and click format (without having to wait your character to walk to point) (which make their movement independent from your click? i'm not sure, i am not a coder)
-every door need a mat or something (to show the exit)

what i hope to see
-permenant expansion/reduction (maybe in future after pill is successfully made?)
-crispier animation
-gallery (because replayability reason)

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
-some overlay imgs issue (ebony bust are hidden behind desk during her scenes)
-some scenes control is wonky af (switch to 4 phase - slow, normal and fast and cum option to avoid others and your confusion)
-change it to point and click format (without having to wait your character to walk to point) (which make their movement independent from your click? i'm not sure, i am not a coder)

what i hope to see
-crispier animation
These points confirm my previous post about Ren'Py being the wrong choice for a game like this. This is a very, very exciting and interesting idea. But it is too big of a mouthful (sic) for Ren'Py which is designed for visual novels with minimal animation (or actual video clips). This project calls for another engine, and I am almost certain that continuing development in Ren'Py will eventually make it break. It will certainly lead to occasional crashes.

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
These points confirm my previous post about Ren'Py being the wrong choice for a game like this. This is a very, very exciting and interesting idea. But it is too big of a mouthful (sic) for Ren'Py which is designed for visual novels with minimal animation (or actual video clips). This project calls for another engine, and I am almost certain that continuing development in Ren'Py will eventually make it break. It will certainly lead to occasional crashes.
:KEK: renpy is best place to start, now imagine its a rpgm instead padded with a lot of walking, or unity bloated with useless asset and cant run 15fps

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
:KEK: renpy is best place to start, now imagine its a rpgm instead padded with a lot of walking, or unity bloated with useless asset and cant run 15fps
Incorrect. First off, Renpy is a nice place to start but not for something like this (characters moving on screen, interactive sequences, changing bodies, you name it).
Imagine if the level of cum was visible on screen. Shooting a full load will drench the character while a small one will give a bit of drool around the mouth. And so on... Possible in Ren'Py but still only under linear/programmed limits). With another tool you could add the cum as a shader or something even on top of 2d. And it would take far less space than swapping graphics for each level.

Another con: Ren'Py is programmed using Python functions and is relatively slow to develop in, compared to more suitable tools. It has limits but is extensible, but only to a certain point. And it breaks relatively easily, especially when using plugins.

Visionaire - or a Unity Game engine like AGS or Playmaker with a dialogue tool makes it possible to develop in tree/branches or by coding which means, faster development and more time to focus on the art. Also, Unity has AI /behavior assets which can truly bring the characters to life. In Ren'Py, it's static coding with branches, meaning a lot more limited. The behavior package is about 5 MB, while the visual novel package is 2 MB. In Unity, only the necessary stuff is compiled/packaged in the project, this isn't the case in Ren'Py which is currently well antiquated.

Also, if you check my post further up, Ren'Py is actually more "bloated" than Unity. Unity does not add anything not necessary, Ren'Py HAS to do that to make the Python engine work.
A base Unity "Hello World" game with VN assets and including animation support, live2d etc. is about 64 MB. In Ren'Py, it's at least 80 MB. That is without animation support and live2d. So you're proven wrong (I can document it with executable examples!)

Finally, Unity can run 200+fps or more. Basically, it has no limit... It depends on your hardware. Ren'Py is a VN platform not designed for fast animation at all. Why even compare?
This game swaps static images in Ren'Py at about 2fps or for character animation, a bit faster. Ren'Py (Python) only supports what your video codec supports if playing a video file, and then it isn't even Ren'Py (python) doing the work, but the codec, which you need to have installed manually if the dev uses something specific.

If given enough time, I could write pages about why not to choose Ren'Py. Unity is cross compatible, which Ren'Py isn't. If you write something that works in Win/Lin/Mac, you have to make sure to do it right or it will not work on one or more platform(s). You're free from all that using Unity.

And then I even forgot the details about Visionaire which is used by numerous games in here, and which is the best option for point-and-click games beside Unity with included assets. Visionaire does something similar to the old times' Leasure Suit Larry and similar games and supports scrolling, making it possible to add larger floors in this game (there are so many things where you have to think out of the box with Ren'Py and I do promise you, it will break for some users).

Last edited:

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
Incorrect. First off, Renpy is a nice place to start but not for something like this.
Another con: Ren'Py is programmed in Python functions and is relatively slow to develop in, compared to more suitable tools.
Visionaire - or a Unity Game engine like AGS or Playmaker with a dialogue tool makes it possible to develop in tree/branches or by coding which means, faster development and more time to focus on the art. Also, Unity has AI /behavior assets which can truly bring the characters to life. In Ren'Py, it's static coding with branches, meaning a lot more limited. The behavior package is about 5 MB, while the visual novel package is 2 MB. In Unity, only the necessary stuff is compiled/packaged in the project, this isn't the case in Ren'Py which is currently well antiquated.

Also, if you check my post further up, Ren'Py is actually more "bloated" than Unity. Unity does not add anything not necessary, Ren'Py HAS to do that to make the Python engine work.
A base Unity "Hello World" game with VN assets and including animation support, live2d etc. is about 64 MB. In Ren'Py, it's at least 80 MB. That is without animation support and live2d. So you're proven wrong (I can document it with executable examples!)

Finally, Unity can run 200+fps or more. Basically, it has no limit... It depends on your hardware. Ren'Py is a VN platform not designed for fast animation at all. Why even compare?
This game swaps static images in Ren'Py at about 2fps or for character animation, a bit faster. Ren'Py (Python) only supports 30+fps if playing a video file, and then it isn't even Ren'Py (python) doing the work, but the OS.
that is something, well, i admit unity is fun, but the fact many dev here doesnt know how to use it remains

4.70 star(s) 12 Votes