VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Its a mystery to me. I don't like the hair but really, a bit of hair destroys your experience? I have read a lot of terrible VNs and this is not one of them. No accounting for taste I guess.
There's a big difference between players playing for the fap and players playing for the story.
I have chosen the less popular version.

I knew this before, so nobody to blame except me.
:rolleyes::D

nikypuma

Apr 11, 2019
There's a big difference between players playing for the fap and players playing for the story.
I have chosen the less popular version.

I knew this before, so nobody to blame except me.
:rolleyes::D

You should not blame yourself for this. So what if Alex's hair has a slight shave on the side. Its who she is in the story. Those who complain will always complain. Blaming your self is not what you should do. You are the dev, not them. You write the story, not them. You put the hard work in, not them.

You have written and made a great game so far and I enjoy playing this game, with all the different characters, and there hair styles. So keep going head down bum up. This is your time to show everyone what you can you do.

Many of us here support you. So keep going.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
You should not blame yourself for this. So what if Alex's hair has a slight shave on the side. Its who she is in the story. Those who complain will always complain. Blaming your self is not what you should do. You are the dev, not them. You write the story, not them. You put the hard work in, not them.

You have written and made a great game so far and I enjoy playing this game, with all the different characters, and there hair styles. So keep going head down bum up. This is your time to show everyone what you can you do.

Many of us here support you. So keep going.
I'm not really blaming myself.
I made the decisions about the story and the relationships years ago and I knew it wouldn't be popular.

The story and the renders are inspired by some great AVNs i've played.
And what I decided how I like the game to be.

Some like it, some don't. :unsure:
I can't change that without a harem, schoolgirl, corruption setting.
And that won't happen in Isa.
Some of this games are great, but it's not what I want to show.

Oct 10, 2022

I simply love Alex.
Me too man, me too.

And Christmas will be Isa time. No problem. I'll just wait until first of the year to play again.
Np, I'll wait. We'll wait. Alex fans together strong. :LOL:

I said that's the only way I'd complain. Hell, IF you ever did that, you'd have a riot on your hands. :ROFLMAO:

Nope, I'll not render it ;)
awww, too bad. Next time maybe, huh?

gold_finger

Dec 27, 2022
wanted to chime in to the whole "Alex bad" convo. the dev's been doing a great job writing such a deep & rich story-oriented game - a type of VN i'd totally invest my time in. characters in a VN in general don't have to be totally unique imo, especially when you're going for a more "realistic" universe setting. what i mean by that is, take Alex for example. her upbringing & her current state, physically & psychologically speaking ain't that unique imo but for some, they could find her relatable due either them experiencing the same thing or having their friends going through it all. Isa is someone who has it all yet she sometimes still feels hollow & empty because she was a bird in a cage before she met MC. as for being a throuple. i can get behind that & that is actually happening in where i am right now.

the flow of the story's made me choose the throuple route somewhat naturally & there has only been a few games that can make me do that

Oct 10, 2022
wanted to chime in to the whole "Alex bad" convo.
tbh, besides a few weak voices no one is claiming Alex bad. I saw a few they like her despite her appearance, others like her all around. Almost like Isabella, some people including me see her as a friend of MC not a LI but we still like her. She is nice, kind, beautiful etc. So, between Alex and Bella almost everyone like them only difference comes from whether they are their MC's LI or not. I think that is exactly why natural course of the game is throuple ending.

Also a shoutout to badtimetales. Our MC, Alex, Isabella, neighbour, colleague of ex, ex colleague of Isabella, MC's father, sister of Alex etc. all of the main cast is just good people, no twist, nothing bad from them some even could say they are one dimensional and usually these kind of stories are doomed to failure but dev somehow kept the ambiguity alive, kept the story interesting, even kept characters mysterious and it is crafted skillfully.

Last edited:

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
While i can understand some people may prefer Isabella as tastes are obviously different, i'm a bit surprised there are people that actually don't like Alex.
I found her really well wrote so you can see through the course of the story how she evolve from a "fuck buddy" situation with the MC to progressively starting to develop actual feelings and love for him, longing for an actual normal couple relationship.
Very nice character development.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Also a shoutout to badtimetales. Our MC, Alex, Isabella, neighbour, colleague of ex, ex colleague of Isabella, MC's father, sister of Alex etc. all of the main cast is just good people, no twist, nothing bad from them some even could say they are one dimensional and usually these kind of stories are doomed to failure but dev somehow kept the ambiguity alive, kept the story interesting, even kept characters mysterious and it is crafted skillfully.
Thank you ;)
It's really good to read this.

The character building is difficult.
I spend a lot of time on Alex (more than planned) and Isa will develop in the next updates (there's still a reason her name is in the title ;)) starting with the next update.
Same for the MC (which is called a pussy on another website because he does everything Isa asks :rolleyes:), he will face some shadows from the past.

For the other characters some (like Val) haven't been planned like they are now or will see some more story (like Wil).
But giving Annou or Trish a full background story and a fully build character would result in "I want to f**k her" and that's clearly not happening.
Some side characters will play a role for the story, but it doesn't matter if the players know/like them or not.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I love Alex's hair. Anyone who dislikes her because of her stylized side-shave has deeper issues. I'm partial to girls with side-shaves and short hair.
Well that's like your opinion dude. I don't like Alex appearance, imo she looks like a beggar compared to Isa. It's a different folks different strokes kind of thing. I like short hair in women like the bob cut but not Alex's. She's well written and the Dev's pet but not everyone is into the same things, and that's fine, no need to name call people because they don't share your preferences.

Reactions: badtimetales

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Well that's like your opinion dude. I don't like Alex appearance, imo she looks like a beggar compared to Isa. It's a different folks different strokes kind of thing. I like short hair in women like the bob cut but not Alex's. She's well written and the Dev's pet but not everyone is into the same things, and that's fine, no need to name call people because they don't share your preferences.
Haha, maybe the point all along was making sure Isa is the goddess model and other women are normal.
As the dev posted some mad takes about Mc infatuation to her. (simping accusations)
Imagine having the opportunity to have a girl like that in distress needing your attention, even the most hardass dude would be a yes man to Isa.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Name call? Are you drunk? I made a comment. I didn't name call anyone. You read into what I said. I said people have deeper issues. You just literally proved my point.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes