VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This week (special render) is Isa time, but Alex will have a fair share in the next update. Mostly together with Isa, but some alone time with the MC too.

For the Christmas Special you are right it's throuple+ ;)
No worries, bro. Don't think I'm ever complaining. Unless you actually remove the Alex solo path(Which I don't see you ever doing), I'm good to go.

• Wow
Reactions: badtimetales

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
This week (special render) is Isa time, but Alex will have a fair share in the next update. Mostly together with Isa, but some alone time with the MC too.

For the Christmas Special you are right it's throuple+ ;)
Question about that : will it be possible to stay on a single woman route, or is the story forcing you into that "throuple+" ?

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Question about that : will it be possible to stay on a single woman route, or is the story forcing you into that "throuple+" ?
The throuple+ is only for the Christmas Special, which is in the same "universe" and follows the main game 90% and is a stand alone short game.

In the main game you have the choice between Alex or Isa solo, or the throuple.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I almost feel guilty that I'll never explore the Solo Paths.

Almost. But NOT really.

The thing is, saying NO to Alex, is simply impossible. Not saying YES to Isa, is even harder. If this was a "Choose One" game, I would curse BTT genes for at least 10 generations and put the game to pasture.

Yeah, I do let myself be VERY involved when the story is this good. Should I, shouldn't I, it's irrelevant, I have no real say in the matter, my only option is not to play, like a Kobayashi Maru situation. Because if I HAD to choose, it would always feel like a defeat. You may say, but you could replay and choose the other, right... and feel the defeat again, oh what a joy...

Honestly, the throuple is exciting in the sense of having loads of Lesbian sex scenes, I do love them. But what makes it impossible to resist, is that it cancels the need to choose.

There are several games that I sent to Coventry, because of that. If the point is to choose only one, DO NOT make us connect with many of them. Instead of choosing later, make us choose early, before we develop attachments to all of them. It may be trivial to all of you, I can understand that, but I have a really low tolerance to being frustrated ON PURPOSE. I already live in a swamp of hard decisions all day, everyday. I really don't need, want or tolerate that when I am trying to escape it.

I guess, different stroke for different blokes.

So, to recap, I am extremely pleased that BTT doesn't make me choose. The throuple is the perfect solution, no frustrating game cuts AND Threesomes and GoG galore. For anyone that can't stand this heavenly gift, they have the sadistic Solo paths.

Peace :)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I almost feel guilty that I'll never explore the Solo Paths.

Almost. But NOT really.

The thing is, saying NO to Alex, is simply impossible. Not saying YES to Isa, is even harder. If this was a "Choose One" game, I would curse BTT genes for at least 10 generations and put the game to pasture.

Yeah, I do let myself be VERY involved when the story is this good. Should I, shouldn't I, it's irrelevant, I have no real say in the matter, my only option is not to play, like a Kobayashi Maru situation. Because if I HAD to choose, it would always feel like a defeat. You may say, but you could replay and choose the other, right... and feel the defeat again, oh what a joy...

Honestly, the throuple is exciting in the sense of having loads of Lesbian sex scenes, I do love them. But what makes it impossible to resist, is that it cancels the need to choose.

There are several games that I sent to Coventry, because of that. If the point is to choose only one, DO NOT make us connect with many of them. Instead of choosing later, make us choose early, before we develop attachments to all of them. It may be trivial to all of you, I can understand that, but I have a really low tolerance to being frustrated ON PURPOSE. I already live in a swamp of hard decisions all day, everyday. I really don't need, want or tolerate that when I am trying to escape it.

I guess, different stroke for different blokes.

So, to recap, I am extremely pleased that BTT doesn't make me choose. The throuple is the perfect solution, no frustrating game cuts AND Threesomes and GoG galore. For anyone that can't stand this heavenly gift, they have the sadistic Solo paths.

Peace :)
You just wait. BTT is removing all the girls and we'll live a life of hunting and fishing with our best doggo friend. ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
You just wait. BTT is removing all the girls and we'll live a life of hunting and fishing with our best doggo friend. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Not a big fan of Bestiality, to be honest. And a life of manual hard labor, no other sex relief but self love ? It's very , very close to my definition of hell. Jumping from a very high place feels preferable.

Peace :unsure:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Not a big fan of Bestiality, to be honest. And a life of manual hard labor, no other sex relief but self love ? It's very , very close to my definition of hell. Jumping from a very high place feels preferable.

Peace :unsure:
Umm... Get your mind outta the gutter. He's your pal. Friend. Buddy. Not.... Just no. :ROFLMAO:
THAT'S IT!

Isabella - Wild Life Sim!
"Go fishing and hunting with your dog"

And it's good for the Android store too!
Damn, why haven't I thought about that.

View attachment 3063726
Sometimes even an idiot like me has a good idea. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Whose blaspheming? I said that's the only way I'd complain. Hell, IF you ever did that, you'd have a riot on your hands. :ROFLMAO:
You! Not because of Alex, but thinking that I would even think about removing the Alex route!

I love both equally and it's not a secret that I prefer the threesome route. (Damn, with the real life characters that would have put me into the grave quickly :ROFLMAO: Died happy with a heart stroke.)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You! Not because of Alex, but thinking that I would even think about removing the Alex route!

I love both equally and it's not a secret that I prefer the threesome route. (Damn, with the real life characters that would have put me into the grave quickly :ROFLMAO: Died happy with a heart stroke.)
Uh huh. You failed to read what I put in the brackets. I've heard of selective hearing, but selective reading? Learn something new every day. :ROFLMAO:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Uh huh. You failed to read what I put in the brackets. I've heard of selective hearing, but selective reading? Learn something new every day. :ROFLMAO:
I saw that, but even thinking that I would do that is blasphemy ;)

It's funny, Alex has been called the reason why the game isn't successful.
I sure made some mistakes, like every new dev does. But Alex? Hell no (Ok, perhaps her hair, because I can't change it in a few weeks in game).

:rolleyes::sneaky:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

I sure made some mistakes, like every new dev does. But Alex? Hell no (Ok, perhaps her hair, because I can't change it in a few weeks in game).

I love Alex's hair. Anyone who dislikes her because of her stylized side-shave has deeper issues. I'm partial to girls with side-shaves and short hair.

• Red Heart

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I love Alex's hair. Anyone who dislikes her because of her stylized side-shave has deeper issues. I'm partial to girls with side-shaves and short hair.

It's nothing I would like in real life.
But Alex characters I would love, even with a much more worse hair...

And as the hair is a way to show her personality .... :sneaky:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It's nothing I would like in real life.
But Alex characters I would love, even with a much more worse hair...

And as the hair is a way to show her personality .... :sneaky:
I know a young woman who is so deep into Sims 4, that she has a side-shave that has an animal paw shaved into it. Looks weird in RL, but I wouldn't let that bother me if I was single. But as I said, I'm partial to certain things, even in RL.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

I sure made some mistakes, like every new dev does. But Alex? Hell no (Ok, perhaps her hair, because I can't change it in a few weeks in game)

Its a mystery to me. I don't like the hair but really, a bit of hair destroys your experience? I have read a lot of terrible VNs and this is not one of them. No accounting for taste I guess.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes