VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Name call? Are you drunk? I made a comment. I didn't name call anyone. You read into what I said. I said people have deeper issues. You just literally proved my point.
Haven't you ever seen a girl with an atrocious hairstyle? I mean i.e blue hair has been infamous since years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Going back to the topic of a new name for the game I think Isabella and Alex could work better than Dark Paths. They are the main girls and you can make a trouple with them.
I was thinking about that, but the "thriller" part is completely missing.

I think I've found the new name, but I'm too busy with polishing and setting up the last scene.
Should be done today, rendering over night so I can take care of the site setup when I send the update to the proofreaders.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I was thinking about that, but the "thriller" part is completely missing.

I think I've found the new name, but I'm too busy with polishing and setting up the last scene.
Should be done today, rendering over night so I can take care of the site setup when I send the update to the proofreaders.
Is it the one we discussed??? Anyway... your game, your call, 100%, dear friend;)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Is it the one we discussed??? Anyway... your game, your call, 100%, dear friend;)(y)
This is F95, your post is not allowed. You have to demand the dev bows to your will and throw a tantrum if he does or throw a tantrum if he doesn't. Ask when the next update is and then complain the game is abandoned a week later and then complain and whine when you do get an update becuase the dev didn't use his superpowers and read your mind and give you the story exactly how you wanted it. Did I miss anything? You got to get with the program. :p

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This is F95, your post is not allowed. You have to demand the dev bows to your will and throw a tantrum if he does or throw a tantrum if he doesn't. Ask when the next update is and then complain the game is abandoned a week later and then complain and whine when you do get an update becuase the dev didn't use his superpowers and read your mind and give you the story exactly how you wanted it. Did I miss anything? You got to get with the program. :p
Naff off, grumpy. I know the new name and you do not.
Didn't have to resort to anything other than being a friend to BTT... Imagine that...
Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:

• Haha

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Naff off, grumpy. I know the new name and you do not.
Didn't have to resort to anything other than being a friend to BTT... Imagine that...
Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:
I'm old so I learnt patience long ago, we will all find out the new name at some stage, no hurry. I think you missed the sarcasm and the point of my post. I wasn't having a go at you, I was having some fun at the expense of the F95 forum toxicity towards devs. I support the encouragement of developers and constructive criticism of their work. It is a rare thing on F95. It was nice to see a positive supportive post. It seems my attempt at humour failed unfortunately.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm old so I learnt patience long ago, we will all find out the new name at some stage, no hurry. I think you missed the sarcasm and the point of my post. I wasn't having a go at you, I was having some fun at the expense of the F95 forum toxicity towards devs. I support the encouragement of developers and constructive criticism of their work. It is a rare thing on F95. It was nice to see a positive supportive post. It seems my attempt at humour failed unfortunately.
Maybe you just missed the sarcasm in my reply, friend:ROFLMAO:
Send me biting satire... I bite back, mate! G'Day;)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
reading some post about Alex's hair. While im in the camp im not a big fan of her hair or short hair in general ( im picky when it comes to me liking a girl with short hair). Does her hair make me a little bit biased in favor of Isabella? Maybe a little bit but fuck man Alex is a really well written character I had a hard time turning her down for Isabella. I'd say even tho I like Isabella more and I cant explain why just one of those things you cant explain like she has a charm or spell over me. I still think so far Alex is a better character than Isa at least till we get more updates.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
reading some post about Alex's hair. While im in the camp im not a big fan of her hair or short hair in general ( im picky when it comes to me liking a girl with short hair). Does her hair make me a little bit biased in favor of Isabella? Maybe a little bit but fuck man Alex is a really well written character I had a hard time turning her down for Isabella. I'd say even tho I like Isabella more and I cant explain why just one of those things you cant explain like she has a charm or spell over me. I still think so far Alex is a better character than Isa at least till we get more updates.
It's because she's blonde. Admit it, bro. ;) :ROFLMAO:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I was having some fun at the expense of the F95 forum toxicity towards devs
Yeah, I'm feeling left out because that doesn't happen to me, at least here.
:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I still think so far Alex is a better character than Isa at least till we get more updates.
Hopefully that's only because Alex has a lot more character building compared to Isa until now.
I have to say that I overdid it with Alex a bit, but I will do the best to make Isa catch up ;)

They are completely different in looks and character, which also shows off with their pets (cat/dog).
Isa is still suffering from the "Damsel in distress" feeling from Chapter 1/2, but that will change ;)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
I am wondering about something, as far as we know game's natural course will be throuple path if we choose single path do we make other girl sad. Like if I choose Alex, will Bella leave us or are we gonna stay friends with her. I would not like to make her sad, even for Alex. I'd do it but would not be thrilled about it. :unsure:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yeah, I'm feeling left out because that doesn't happen to me, at least here.
:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Hopefully that's only because Alex has a lot more character building compared to Isa until now.
I have to say that I overdid it with Alex a bit, but I will do the best to make Isa catch up ;)

They are completely different in looks and character, which also shows off with their pets (cat/dog).
Isa is still suffering from the "Damsel in distress" feeling from Chapter 1/2, but that will change ;)
Let's be clear... While Alex is fully fleshed out, there is no doubt that Isa has a "je ne sais quoi" that captures our imagination. She isn't behind. She doesn't need to catch up.

You and everyone here know that I really like Alex. The mix of toughness and fragility, makes her an irresistible Glass Cannon. Yet, Isa's charm, natural poise and beauty even if not yet fully developed is a Dream Girl that very few can claim. She's not a doll, she's a woman that is quite aware of her beauty and the power that it gives her, without turning conceited or acting like a Diva.

If I go all the way and consider the throuple, then, I am sorry, but they are irresistible. Both solo or in group, you BTT, have managed what very few Devs have, give us enough detail that we can feel them alive in our heads.

If you can make Isa even better, please, by all means, do it.

Peace :D

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I am wondering about something, as far as we know game's natural course will be throuple path if we choose single path do we make other girl sad. Like if I choose Alex, will Bella leave us or are we gonna stay friends with her. I would not like to make her sad, even for Alex. I'd do it but would not be thrilled about it. :unsure:

They will be there, no matter which path you choose.
That's because of the story and if I would make one go away that would mean a lot of extra renders.

Oct 10, 2022
If I go all the way and consider the throuple, then, I am sorry, but they are irresistible. Both solo or in group, you BTT, have managed what very few Devs have, give us enough detail that we can feel them alive in our heads.
Amen to that, usually when I play AVNs I cannot put myself in the MC's shoes, can't immerse. Most of the time, the stupid choices MCs have to make but occasionally LI whom I cannot relate, forced LI I could have never chosen in the first place but I can fully immerse in this game. So not only LIs and story is well written but also choices we can make and MC who makes them are very well written.

There was a point, MC felt off for me. After I say I love you to Alex, she says she will walk then MC accepts. I was like wtf dude, give her a lift or at least walk with her. Then MC goes, yeah I don't think it's a good idea to let her walk all by herself. I remember first time I played there, I said wow, this dev knows my mind really well.

• Red Heart

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
There was a point, MC felt off for me. After I say I love you to Alex, she says she will walk then MC accepts. I was like wtf dude, give her a lift or at least walk with her. Then MC goes, yeah I don't think it's a good idea to let her walk all by herself. I remember first time I played there, I said wow, this dev knows my mind really well.
The main reason for that was Alex being Alex.

From 4.2
mic "What was that? Alex as the reasonable one?"

Or better the rational one ;)

She can't hide her feelings but also needs some time to deal with them.
That's one reason why she doesn't like to share everything.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes