VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
View attachment 3148558
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Get it
This has been in my queue for a while (I have a REALLLLLLY LOOOONNNGG queue ;)), but seeing such a good boy (good girl?) has moved this one up. No - not for that reason - I'm just a dog person and appreciate seeing a VN with pets.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
This has been in my queue for a while (I have a REALLLLLLY LOOOONNNGG queue ;)), but seeing such a good boy (good girl?) has moved this one up. No - not for that reason - I'm just a dog person and appreciate seeing a VN with pets.
well this has to be a 1st for me someone coming out about loving bestiality ... whatever floats your boat :LOL:

jk jk .... couldn't help myself .. you kinda set yourself up for that one :LOL:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
that's the point, harem path usually gets 90% of development's focus in harems and solo paths (if they exist) are neglected, I don't actually remember any harem game with solid solo story/renders, but I didn't play that many harems either
I know of one that seems to be doing all solo and multiple paths justice (technically probably not a true "harem" though). You may know it, but if not: https://f95zone.to/threads/bare-witness-v0-4b-alterworlds.79512/.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
You would think that is true, but the mere existence of the option is seen as a "betrayal" by some factions. I know - it makes no logical sense, but it is true nonetheless.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The problem with an interactive story or game is that, whether the reader/player admits it or not, they have a desire to associate or identify with the protagonist. Events and character behaviors, therefore, become personal - just like IRL. If you add sexual context to those behaviors, the ways in which one can become uncomfortable with them increases exponentially. One might think that limiting the types of events and behaviors that a reader/player will be exposed to in a given story or game would help. It does not. Limiting this self-censoring process (tags) to a single set of acceptable parameters doesn't work either. People hate to think they are being censored! Before I get too far off-topic I'll conclude with this: One can be happy picking the stories they like and rejecting the rest. One can be unhappy about nearly everything. Or, one can be happy because there are so many things to be unhappy with and sometimes folks are just happiest when they have something to bitch about. I may have missed a category or two but I think these three cover about 90% of it. It usually doesn't take long to figure out which category to apply.

I like this story so, I choose to accept it like it is. Later on I may change my mind and find something in it to bitch about. Either way... I'll be happy. Jus' Sayin' :cool:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
The problem with an interactive story or game is that, whether the reader/player admits it or not, they have a desire to associate or identify with the protagonist. Events and character behaviors, therefore, become personal - just like IRL. If you add sexual context to those behaviors, the ways in which one can become uncomfortable with them increases exponentially. One might think that limiting the types of events and behaviors that a reader/player will be exposed to in a given story or game would help. It does not. Limiting this self-censoring process (tags) to a single set of acceptable parameters doesn't work either. People hate to think they are being censored! Before I get too far off-topic I'll conclude with this: One can be happy picking the stories they like and rejecting the rest. One can be unhappy about nearly everything. Or, one can be happy because there are so many things to be unhappy with and sometimes folks are just happiest when they have something to bitch about. I may have missed a category or two but I think these three cover about 90% of it. It usually doesn't take long to figure out which category to apply.

I like this story so, I choose to accept it like it is. Later on I may change my mind and find something in it to bitch about. Either way... I'll be happy. Jus' Sayin' :cool:
That's a funny thing, because I had discussed that with a dev friend the last days.

Take your favorite show.
Let's say Supernatural or GOT. Or 24.

The goal is to make the viewer identify with the main character.
You can't change anything. You might dislike some scenes.
Or just a good thriller book.

Now with a game like this, you can change some things and the story.
And people still keep complaining. (Not so much here, but I know other devs threads).

I don't get it.
Don't like it, move on.
Like it, comment, rate and support.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
That's a funny thing, because I had discussed that with a dev friend the last days.

Take your favorite show.

Now with a game like this, you can change some points.
And people still keep complaining. (Not so much here, but I know other devs threads).

I don't get it.
Don't like it, move on.
You would think. I never cease to marvel at how many choose to swim upstream. Sometimes you can do it. It may even make you stronger, but sooner or later the current will win... and then you drown.

Reactions: badtimetales

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
badtimetales Am I playing wrongly or nothing sexual happens between mc and isabella? Because it's kinda weird since the game has been developing for nearly 3 years and her name is in the game title... I mean let alone the sexual acts, there is not even a french kiss or something... Is it because I'm also going for Alex? If I drop Alex from the get go, is there romance and sexual scenes with Isabella? I thought we can date both of them that's why I go for Alex but if we can date only one, I would go for Isabella since she is my favourite. So far Alex has dozens of scenes with MC while Isabella none in my playthrough

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
badtimetales Am I playing wrongly or nothing sexual happens between mc and isabella? Because it's kinda weird since the game has been developing for nearly 3 years and her name is in the game title... I mean let alone the sexual acts, there is not even a french kiss or something... Is it because I'm also going for Alex? If I drop Alex from the get go, is there romance and sexual scenes with Isabella? I thought we can date both of them that's why I go for Alex but if we can date only one, I would go for Isabella since she is my favourite. So far Alex has dozens of scenes with MC while Isabella none in my playthrough

You don't fuck the supermodel of the year a few days after you met her.
At least not in my world ;)

The threesome relationship is building up and you will get your Isa scenes "soon" if you are on the Isa only or threesome path (as long as you don't reject her).

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Not to worry. I feel confident that Alex will reel her in for you - eventually. Remember, good things come to those who wait... and wait... and wait... :p

• Haha

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

Take your favorite show.

Now with a game like this, you can change some things and the story.

I don't get it.
Don't like it, move on.
i like to immerse myself in games .. i think its kinda the whole idea ... like reading a great book .. how it can take you away with it .. if it is a great book ...
anyways i have no issues with the things any dev wants to do ... just if you make me gay .. i'll fucking kill you :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

I don't know why but I honestly never really been able to connect to a main character in anything from tv to games. Even in these games and I would say these type of games should be easier for one to connect to a MC. Now im not saying it doesn't happen ever but it's super rare for me. That doesn't mean I dont feel anything for these characters. When it comes to AVN's I connect with the LI / side characters more. Which is why I play these games for relationship build first, then LI , story, in that order. Which is why lewds dont matter to me but I enjoy them all the same. Also I think that's a reason why I have a pretty open mind and 90% of sexual fetishes don't really matter to me in these games.

Also I think part of the reason I like this game so much is because of what happened to the MC's fiancé I'm able to connect to him when it comes to those scenes a bit more than normal compared to most games. Even tho i'm not able to fully connect to him. Which is also probably part of the reason I took so an immediate liking to Isabella. Since to me the way this games portrays Isabella there are times she felt like a replacement for the fiancé.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
You don't fuck the supermodel of the year a few days after you met her.
At least not in my world ;)

The threesome relationship is building up and you will get your Isa scenes "soon" if you are on the Isa only or threesome path (as long as you don't reject her).
Was there even a reject option for Isa? I certainly didn't see it and I've played the game twice. I only remember one choice which telling the truth about our relationship with Alex and that's about it

But man a game 3 year in development and only 1 kiss on the cheek for mc from Isabella is kinda weird. Like it's not about the game being story driven ( I like story driven games) but game already has many sex scenes. I wish we could at least get peck on the lips (not even needed to be french kiss or something) from the girl who is literally on the game title in 3 year development time... But whatever it's your game it's your story

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes