VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Yeah. And F95 still doesn't support webp and I will not check the pngs and post them.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
As you can see I'm not complaining about game being story driven. I literally said I like story driven games. I am also not demanding sex animations. I told you game already has many many sex scenes for a story driven game. If you take my comment as ''MUH I WANT TO FAP! ADD SEX SCENES'' then there is nothing to discuss with you. I mean I was talking on peck on the lips... nvm. Either my English is utterly terrible (which I think it is) or you deliberately deflect what I am saying. Anyways good luck with the game
I understood you.

Your "mistake" is not taking into account the time frame. Yes, the game has been in development 2 years and change, but, the time that has passed IN the story is not even a month.

Alex is in an advanced stage of the relationship, due to the fact that it was already ongoing BEFORE the game started.

Isabella, is still in the getting to know her phase, it is completely reasonable that they are still building up to the first real kiss, especially if you are in the Throuple route.

All relationships that the MC has advanced and the sex scenes are based on relationships and people that were already in his life before the game started.

Take this update, little more than 2 days passed. The girls are living with the MC for what? 4 nights? 5? Do you consider that enough time to make Alex accept the possibility of having a deeper relationship with the MC? Then build a deep friendship with Isabella? Accept and understand her own attraction for Isabella? Accept that the MC may feel the same? Accept and understand that Isabella is also attracted and on board with sharing her and the MC?

I am sorry if this is going slowly for you, but it is a truly slow process. Even for the MC, that has just accepted and recognized that his feelings for Alex HAVE changed, she's no longer a friend with benefits that he was "using" to come back to the dating scene, or at least to the outside of the house. That he now has real feelings and is willing to start to build a life with her. He's starting to accept that Isa is attracted to him and realizing that he has a bit of a crush for her TOO, beside the one he has for Alex (this on the throuple route)... It is wayyyyy too soon for going for kisses, neither of the three are ready for it.

Yes, we see that Isa got very horny with the unexpected groping, she HAD to take care of her "back problem" in the bath tub. That led to Alex getting a full dose of Isa's body masturbating, that lit a fire on Alex that the MC had to put out. So, things are warming up.

Your "complain" suffers only for not taking into account the IN game time.

Peace :)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I don't think that is unusual at all. I connect with various stories and protagonists to various degrees also. I would think most people have a similar variance according to their particular personality and that of the protagonist. The story itself has some bearing as well - in other words it can be more or less relatable to your own life experiences.
What I find strange personally with how i'm able to connect to the MC to some small degree when it comes to the scenes about or with his fiancé is I have no personal experiences even remotely close yet i'm able to. So i think what you said about a " particular personality" must be the reason why im able to do so and why it's rare for me to make such connections with most games / tv character Main character's.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
good or bad writing can play a lot in how a reader/player may or not identify somehow with the MC or at least in some of the scenes he/she has.

There's also the case of AVN using 1st person viewpoint in many scenes in which the MC interact/speak/etc... with other characters, as 1st person view means that the other characters are looking at the screen, and so at you considering you're staring at the screen too, trying to enforce the "MC is you" feeling.

But there's additionally what the MC is , when he/her is wrote (intentionally or not) as a degenerate, a creep, an idiot, a moron etc... unless you're exactly like that yourself :D it's basically impossible to feel any connection to such MC and have "the MC is you" effect regardless if the whole AVN is in 1st person viewpoint or if the text constantly mention "you".

• Wow
Reactions: motseer

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Cricket season starts here in Australia soon
I would love to take Alex & Isa to a match
We would hold hands the entire time and after the game I would take them to a nice restaurant
I would make sure to give them lots of cuddles & kisses on the cheek
it would be a very romantic evening

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
So... once it was Isabella Dark Paths, now its Chasing Shadows. Including a Rework... Different Name Different Game? Is the Rework done?

I liked the game as i remember, played version until 3.2 but decided to come back until more is out. I would play it again now if i could be sure that there isnt any more significant rework coming with next updates... Its not the only game around here which is getting a rework and to be honest, iam a little tired to play a game and than to start over again and experience a whole other thing.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
So... once it was Isabella Dark Paths, now its Chasing Shadows. Including a Rework... Different Name Different Game? Is the Rework done?

I liked the game as i remember, played version until 3.2 but decided to come back until more is out. I would play it again now if i could be sure that there isnt any more significant rework coming with next updates... Its not the only game around here which is getting a rework and to be honest, iam a little tired to play a game and than to start over again and experience a whole other thing.
The name change was done for marketing reasons for when it comes out on steam. I can't speak if there is a rework or not planned or if it has been done already. I personally don't recall hearing about one when I discovered this game about 3-4 months ago and I been checking this thread on and of since as this is easily one of my favorite games. Top 15 at the very least if not top 10

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
The name change was done for marketing reasons for when it comes out on steam. I can't speak if there is a rework or not planned or if it has been done already. I personally don't recall hearing about one when I discovered this game about 3-4 months ago and I been checking this thread on and of since as this is easily one of my favorite games. Top 15 at the very least if not top 10
changelog says:

Chapter 4.1
Reworked Chapter 1-3

but i guess, if you only stumbled over the game some months ago, there werent changes to be seen for you.

For me last time was over a year ago, as i said, version 3.2... it was released august 2022, savegames doesnt work anymore, and the changelog tells me it was reworked, well rework is not always the same... some are just adding a little bit, some others change the whole game into something new. And i want to know which is the case here and if the rework is done or if there is coming more of it before i restart. If there is coming more of a rework i will wait just a while longer.

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
changelog says:

Chapter 4.1
Reworked Chapter 1-3

but i guess, if you only stumbled over the game some months ago, there werent changes to be seen for you.

For me last time was over a year ago, as i said, version 3.2... it was released august 2022, savegames doesnt work anymore, and the changelog tells me it was reworked, well rework is not always the same... some are just adding a little bit, some others change the whole game into something new. And i want to know which is the case here and if the rework is done or if there is coming more of it before i restart. If there is coming more of a rework i will wait just a while longer.
The rework was mainly about renders and anim enhancements, correcting things that were not up to the standard that BTT wants for his game.
The intrigue remains the same.
As far as I know there will be no more rework for chapters 1-3, and probably none for chapters 4.1-4.2

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
The rework was mainly about renders and anim enhancements, correcting things that were not up to the standard that BTT wants for his game.
The intrigue remains the same.
As far as I know there will be no more rework for chapters 1-3, and probably none for chapters 4.1-4.2
Thanks ThL!

It's all explained here or at Patreon.

The rework was done for C1-3, no change to the story, just cleaning up the code, adding and redoing some animations, fixing some still renders.
C 4.1 was the first release with the reworked version, that's why saves < 4.1 won't work.

And no, I don't plan any more reworks/whatever.
EVER!

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Cricket season starts here in Australia soon
I would love to take Alex & Isa to a match
We would hold hands the entire time and after the game I would take them to a nice restaurant
I would make sure to give them lots of cuddles & kisses on the cheek
it would be a very romantic evening
See that look Emma has in your Sig? She just found this post. :LOL::D:D

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes