VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Game is fine.. until sandbox happens. I don't enjoy the fact that all those random women remove the focus from the story.. But renders/animations are great at least. So 7/10 game in my opinion.
I wish the game would concentrate more on the story instead of just adding new random women every 3 minutes of gameplay.. Just my 2 cents ;)
I think you are in the wrong thread :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence and zh

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
This honestly might be my favorite update yet. I just loved all the wholesome stuff in it and the fact that 1 small part of the wholesome stuff was animated really makes this game stand out to me. I almost want to replay the game again after recently playing the update and replaying it.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
This honestly might be my favorite update yet. I just loved all the wholesome stuff in it and the fact that 1 small part of the wholesome stuff was animated really makes this game stand out to me. I almost want to replay the game again after recently playing the update and replaying it.
You are talking about the pizza?

It wasn't perfect, but it was a quick setup.
Probably will redo that at some time, I just had fun with Blender. Because... Why not? ;) Always learning.

And Alex "WTF" just fits the scene ;)

(I'd planned Alex try to do it and the pizza flies into the MC's face, but there are enough funny scenes in the update and I didn't get that animated in a quality I liked)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
You are talking about the pizza?

It wasn't perfect, but it was a quick setup.
Probably will redo that at some time, I just had fun with Blender. Because... Why not? ;) Always learning.

And Alex "WTF" just fits the scene ;)
yeah I was. Even if it wasn't perfect it was a nice touch to see an animation added to a wholesome moment like that. Just made the scene that much better to me. Just by adding small animations like that here and there in general makes your game stand out that much more in my eyes .

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
yeah I was. Even if it wasn't perfect it was a nice touch to see an animation added to a wholesome moment like that. Just made the scene that much better to me. Just by adding small animations like that here and there in general makes your game stand out that much more in my eyes .
I know that some people don't like these animations, but compared to the sex scenes they are easy to setup.
It's good to hear that people like them ;)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I know that some people don't like these animations, but compared to the sex scenes they are easy to setup.
Non-sex animations can add a bit to the story - Leap of Faith has several of them and they just help set the mood. One of my favorite "semi-lewd" was the first animation a particular Dev ever put into a VN: a simple nipple erection underneath the clothes. The scene wasn't heavy yet, and it was just a little touch (brought on by just a little touch) that gave a nice smile.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Jay_Deeznuts

Jun 8, 2017
Crazy coincidental how all these unfinished after 2+ years games needing so many reworks and remastering of old scenes all have monthly subscribers.

It would make more sense for a creator to complete a project before attempting to re-do it.

Reactions: MixQQ

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I'm fine with the animations. I just completed the update, I really enjoyed it. Well done dev. Zeus is great and I don't even like dogs! Isa in the bath was a big highlight.

Two questions, I'd like to know how you did the poster of the model Anna (I think is her name, sorry old age) in the warehouse office? Can we see a few more smiles from Alex? She has such a beautiful smile.

Oct 10, 2022
I'd planned Alex try to do it and the pizza flies into the MC's face
Or she could have nail it perfectly in her first try and when everyone shocked by it she could have said, I told you there are lots of things you don't know about me to MC, which would be a reference to her past life as she was perfect in everything before things went south. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Crazy coincidental how all these unfinished after 2+ years games needing so many reworks and remastering of old scenes all have monthly subscribers.

It would make more sense for a creator to complete a project before attempting to re-do it.
Crazy, how people who don't support tell devs how to do their work.

And I guess you don't know that I announced and explained the rework, asked what my supporters think and paused Patreon because it took longer than expected?

I'm fine with the animations. I just completed the update, I really enjoyed it. Well done dev. Zeus is great and I don't even like dogs! Isa in the bath was a big highlight.

Two questions, I'd like to know how you did the poster of the model Anna (I think is her name, sorry old age) in the warehouse office? Can we see a few more smiles from Alex? She has such a beautiful smile.
Annoushka.
What do you mean with "how did I?"
For the why one part of the answer is: The wall looked empty without it and I did that as a special render anyway ;)

For Alex... wait for 4.3, there will be a lot of smiles (and tears) ;)

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes