VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Well done badtimetales

Just finished 4.2. Oddly enough, on a lark, I copied over 4.1 saves, they worked (running Linux).

As said in a previous review both main girls are very likeable.

You have a way with also just showing everyday mundane activities too.

Again, this style of writing (easy-going, almost 1970s style TV show plot lines), really is workable and will probably serve you well in a 20 year portfolio of games if you ever decide that is a thing.

Have a great day.

1701950755355.png

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Just finished 4.2. Oddly enough, on a lark, I copied over 4.1 saves, they worked (running Linux).
Only saves from old Chapter 1 - 3 releases won't work, 4.1 saves are working (I never said they wont ;))

You have a way with also just showing everyday mundane activities too.

Again, this style of writing (easy-going, almost 1970s style TV show plot lines), really is workable and will probably serve you well in a 20 year portfolio of games if you ever decide that is a thing.
Thanks, glad you like it ;)
The every day scenes are not the best idea as there are many props to pose.
But I like them.

In 20 years nobody will remember Isa though.

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Good game, except I have an issue with the fact that he never has sex with Isabella. What's with that? If she's the name of the game, then why is he boning Alex and that blonde and not Isa? It doesn't make a lick of sense!

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Good game, except I have an issue with the fact that he never has sex with Isabella. What's with that? If she's the name of the game, then why is he boning Alex and that blonde and not Isa? It doesn't make a lick of sense!

So I don't have to repeat myself... let's try this way...

I understood you.

Your "mistake" is not taking into account the time frame. Yes, the game has been in development 2 years and change, but, the time that has passed IN the story is not even a month.

Alex is in an advanced stage of the relationship, due to the fact that it was already ongoing BEFORE the game started.

Isabella, is still in the getting to know her phase, it is completely reasonable that they are still building up to the first real kiss, especially if you are in the Throuple route.

All relationships that the MC has advanced and the sex scenes are based on relationships and people that were already in his life before the game started.

Take this update, little more than 2 days passed. The girls are living with the MC for what? 4 nights? 5? Do you consider that enough time to make Alex accept the possibility of having a deeper relationship with the MC? Then build a deep friendship with Isabella? Accept and understand her own attraction for Isabella? Accept that the MC may feel the same? Accept and understand that Isabella is also attracted and on board with sharing her and the MC?

I am sorry if this is going slowly for you, but it is a truly slow process. Even for the MC, that has just accepted and recognized that his feelings for Alex HAVE changed, she's no longer a friend with benefits that he was "using" to come back to the dating scene, or at least to the outside of the house. That he now has real feelings and is willing to start to build a life with her. He's starting to accept that Isa is attracted to him and realizing that he has a bit of a crush for her TOO, beside the one he has for Alex (this on the throuple route)... It is wayyyyy too soon for going for kisses, neither of the three are ready for it.

Yes, we see that Isa got very horny with the unexpected groping, she HAD to take care of her "back problem" in the bath tub. That led to Alex getting a full dose of Isa's body masturbating, that lit a fire on Alex that the MC had to put out. So, things are warming up.

Your "complain" suffers only for not taking into account the IN game time.

Peace :)
Hope it helps you in your search of licks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The update wasn't bad overall but in terms of branching is very weak. I mean, it doesn't matter much if you break with Alex, Isabella reaction could have been better in that case. The throuple route has some action with Alex but that's old news by now.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
MC is not sending girls to the streets, not after the talk with THE LAWYER SISTER OF ALEX,
MC is NOT THE MORON ASSHOLE HUSTLER you see in THE UNCLE OF ISSA or THE MANAGER OF ISSA.

The update wasn't bad overall but in terms of branching is very weak. I mean, it doesn't matter much if you break with Alex, Isabella reaction could have been better in that case. The throuple route has some action with Alex but that's old news by now.
MC is already in a fkk buddy -we see eachother whenever you are confy with me- relationship with Alex,
how low do you need MC to go becoming that big of some asshole to run a train on Issa the very next day?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
MC is not sending girls to the streets, not after the talk with THE LAWYER SISTER OF ALEX,
MC is NOT THE MORON ASSHOLE HUSTLER you see in THE UNCLE OF ISSA or THE MANAGER OF ISSA.

MC is already in a fkk buddy -we see eachother whenever you are confy with me- relationship with Alex,
how low do you need MC to go becoming that big of some asshole to run a train on Issa the very next day?
I didn't say anything about sex, but Bella should have shown some interest for the MC after the break up imo.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I didn't say anything about sex, but Bella should have shown some interest for the MC after the break up imo.
To be honest, I had that planned and even written and decided against it.
It just felt wrong, as they are living under one roof and the girls getting closer.
Isa cares about the friendship with Alex and showing open interest in the MC at this stage would probably risk this relationship. You know Alex ;)

But that will change soon ;)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I saw it more has launching roots. Getting to the point that everyone comes to the conclusion that there's connections growing. That aren't solely friendships.

BTT has already told us that it will be a slow process. While the relationship with Alex is already several months old, with Isa, it is really just starting. For the MC and for Alex.

I'd say, let it cook...

To be honest, while it makes some sense because of the "Danger" that is perceived in the Isa situation, her moving into his house so soon is a bit too precipitous. Yes, it was needed to make the story move, but, come on, would you bring a girl home so fast? Well, at least to live in... No matter, this isn't reality. IMHO, it is already on an accelerated path...

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
To be honest, I had that planned and even written and decided against it.
It just felt wrong, as they are living under one roof and the girls getting closer.
Isa cares about the friendship with Alex and showing open interest in the MC at this stage would probably risk this relationship. You know Alex ;)

But that will change soon ;)
On the other hand we have the MC, risking his life for her. So what about some basic manners? Like Ey, how are you after the break up? :ROFLMAO:

I saw it more has launching roots. Getting to the point that everyone comes to the conclusion that there's connections growing. That aren't solely friendships.

BTT has already told us that it will be a slow process. While the relationship with Alex is already several months old, with Isa, it is really just starting. For the MC and for Alex.

I'd say, let it cook...

To be honest, while it makes some sense because of the "Danger" that is perceived in the Isa situation, her moving into his house so soon is a bit too precipitous. Yes, it was needed to make the story move, but, come on, would you bring a girl home so fast? Well, at least to live in... No matter, this isn't reality. IMHO, it is already on an accelerated path...

Like I said I'm not asking for some dry humping, but I don't see anything wrong with showing interest and care for the other person.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I really like that it's a slow burn
I probably would have just ignored the game if the mc just started banging both girls at the start
I like the buildup in these games it makes the sex scenes so much better imo

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
On the other hand we have the MC, risking his life for her. So what about some basic manners? Like Ey, how are you after the break up? :ROFLMAO:

Like I said I'm not asking for some dry humping, but I don't see anything wrong with showing interest and care for the other person.
I know, I also want their relationship to evolve to that point, Isa is still quite formal and a bit distant of the MC.

We can see that she's feeling some attraction, but, remember where she's been... what is her life as a Super Model? Who has had to deal with a stalker. Yes, the MC is the one helping her, but, shouldn't it be expected of her to keep a modicum of distrust of every male? It's too soon. Poor girl didn't even had time to breathe and relax.

Maybe instead of feeling "interest" in the break up, she's feeling some insecurity or even sadness for Alex, or thinking that the MC is just a "player"... Heck, we don't even know Isa that well to judge her reactions...

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Thanks ThL!

It's all explained here or at Patreon.

The rework was done for C1-3, no change to the story, just cleaning up the code, adding and redoing some animations, fixing some still renders.
C 4.1 was the first release with the reworked version, that's why saves < 4.1 won't work.

And no, I don't plan any more reworks/whatever.
EVER!
no director's cut either? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: badtimetales
4.50 star(s) 61 Votes