VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It's usually way sexier when there is a connection between those involved, when the background, story and personalities give the sex meaning. A bit of blue-balling isn't necessarily a bad thing :)
A recent AVN I played one character's path is all about teasing and blueballing but it was done in a way that made the character fun and enjoyable to me. So yeah not all blue-balling is bad , tho blueballing never bothered me in these games anyways. But I do perfer when the story , romance takes their time anyways I don't like sex in these games to be rushed for the sake of adding a scene I like it to make sense at least the first few times.

Which is part of the reason Isabella is my favorite in this game. While I do like Alex especially after her character development gets going the pre established friends with benefits kind of automatically made me like her less initially, because the first few lewd scene with her doesn't feel special or has an significant meaning to me. Since we learn about her character later that and my preference at least until there is some good character development is for sex scenes to take awhile to get to.

Last edited:
Reactions: badtimetales

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
But I do perfer when the story , romance takes their time anyways I don't like sex in these games to be rushed for the sake of adding a scene I like it to make sense at least the first few times.
Absolutely agree. As I think I have said earlier, I don't mind the occasional game that's more about the sex, as long as it's done well and fun to play. Just some light entertainment can be good too. The games that stay with me are the ones like this one, with story and believable characters and relationships. I suppose it's the same with blueballs, if it is a feature of the game, if it's well done and fun, I don't mind.
I guess what I'm saying is that any type of game can be fun, for what it attempts to be and if that is something you like, if it's well done, but those with a lasting impression will have a good mix of story, interesting characters and so on. And that was a terrible sentence.

Which is part of the reason Isabella is my favorite in this game. While I do like Alex especially after her character development gets going...
Will I am more attracted to Alex, physically, I really do like Isa too. I remember the first time playing, that first sex scene with Alex, I thought a lot of players would object to the forced relationship. And they did. :)And I could see their point, even if it didn't bother me personally. I mostly thought 'The Dev is trying to tell a story here, let's see where it goes'. And, obviously, liking Alex from the start didn't hurt... There was another scene with, whatshername, the Journalist, that was forced and then quickly made optional. I didn't like that (i.e. it being forced), because in my mind I was with Alex then (even if it wasn't official yet) and it didn't really fit if I want to play as a good BF.
This very quickly became a game about a throuple (and the thriller story-line of course) for me, and the journey to that is really the aspect I am enjoying the most. And to make that feel realistic IMO, you really need to set it up and build it slowly. Which is what BTT is doing and pretty much all of us seem to be happy about. We are a subset of the wider AVN fanbase, if you like, and this is a game made for us.
I don't necsessarily mean the throuple path, but also the friendship paths.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Will I am more attracted to Alex, physically, I really do like Isa too. I remember the first time playing, that first sex scene with Alex, I thought a lot of players would object to the forced relationship. And they did. :)And I could see their point, even if it didn't bother me personally. I mostly thought 'The Dev is trying to tell a story here, let's see where it goes'. And, obviously, liking Alex from the start didn't hurt... There was another scene with, whatshername, the Journalist, that was forced and then quickly made optional. I didn't like that (i.e. it being forced), because in my mind I was with Alex then (even if it wasn't official yet) and it didn't really fit if I want to play as a good BF.
This very quickly became a game about a throuple (and the thriller story-line of course) for me, and the journey to that is really the aspect I am enjoying the most. And to make that feel realistic IMO, you really need to set it up and build it slowly. Which is what BTT is doing and pretty much all of us seem to be happy about. We are a subset of the wider AVN fanbase, if you like, and this is a game made for us.
I don't necsessarily meant the throuple path, but also the friendship paths.
Yeah I agree even though I didn't like the alex scene my first time initially. I grew to like it because of the character and story development that happened later. Even before then it made alot of sense from a story perspective to really sell the point and show they have a FWB relationship. The only reason I even disliked it was because of my personal preferences of liking to work for it some haha. But from a story perspective BTT is doing a great job even the brief dream / hallucination lewd scenes which most people dislike generally in games made sense and had a reason for it. To me it seems anything that is forced for the most part has a narrative reason behind it , at least when I discovered the game.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I still can't stop thinking about that scene where Alex accidently saw Isa masturbating.
It made her really horny. Of course, she wasn't the only one.

Anyway, that is the erotic scene so far imo.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Haha, yeah I really like that one too. It was not only hot, but funny as well.
I just realized I forgot to add the word best lol.
But yeah, I think it's the best scene so far.

And my favourite choice was taking the vibrator and handcuffs. I hope I can use them in some way in the future.

Reactions: Jarulf

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I just realized I forgot to add the word best lol.
But yeah, I think it's the best scene so far.

And my favourite choice was taking the vibrator and handcuffs. I hope I can use them in some way in the future.
I think I need to replay this game I forgot this scene entirely but I'm going to wait I think the update shouldn't be that long of a wait

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think I need to replay this game I forgot this scene entirely but I'm going to wait I think the update shouldn't be that long of a wait
I know BTT plans on releasing the game on steam on the 22nd. I don't know about you but I'm planning on starting a fresh playthrough when it releases.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I know BTT plans on releasing the game on steam on the 22nd. I don't know about you but I'm planning on starting a fresh playthrough when it releases.
oh this is one of my favorite games I replay it on every update cycle from a fresh save. Only certain games get that treatment from me unless it leaves off on a a cliffhanger where I cant wait. However this time it has as a reason to do so. I think BTT said Val is a LI now so I need to make a save for her. I forget what BTT said we have to do to get on her path I have to turn Alex down I forgot.

• Wow
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
oh this is one of my favorite games I replay it on every update cycle from a fresh save. Only certain games get that treatment from me unless it leaves off on a a cliffhanger where I cant wait. However this time it has as a reason to do so. I think BTT said Val is a LI now so I need to make a save for her. I forget what BTT said we have to do to get on her path I have to turn Alex down I forgot.
I thought Val was just a fuck buddy? I do like her just not as much as I like Alex & Isa.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I thought Val was just a fuck buddy? I do like her just not as much as I like Alex & Isa.
I think that what BTT was originally gonna do but changed Val to a LI last minute I recall seeing a post / discussion about this topic last month or 2. I play all paths so I need to make one for her even tho I have the same opinion as you

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Val is a LI now, but only with a single ending if you turn down Alex and Isa.
I have to do her no Alex but Val renders anyway, so it's not too much extra work.

And, planned as not even a sidegirl but just a character in the story, she grew on me ;)
(That decision is compatible with old saves)

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I'm not sure if the amount of time we've played a game on Steam affects how the algorithm treats our reviews, but it might be something to bear in mind
I'll do a restart as well.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Val is a LI now, but only with a single ending if you turn down Alex and Isa.
I have to do her no Alex but Val renders anyway, so it's not too much extra work.

And, planned as not even a sidegirl but just a character in the story, she grew on me ;)
(That decision is compatible with old saves)
It's going to be tough to turn down my sweethearts but I admit I'm curious about Val so I might do it eventually.

• Red Heart

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm not sure if the amount of time we've played a game on Steam affects how the algorithm treats our reviews, but it might be something to bear in mind
I'll do a restart as well.
oh that made me think of something if this game has achievements be another reason to replay the game tho I think just loading up a save might be enough in some cases to get them.

• Red Heart

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
oh that made me think of something if this game has achievements be another reason to replay the game tho I think just loading up a save might be enough in some cases to get them.
I've never seen the point of achievements myself, but for those who do like them, a new save might be the way to go.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes