VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Me too. I'm not a throuple person except in this game. BTT makes it work.
Yeah there is only 1 other game I can recall off the top of my head I actually want a throuple path. I mean throuples still never will be my first pick even for a game that does it well like here but I will always play the throuple path after solo path's if I like the characters.

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
AFAIK, these are the relationships possible in this game:

- Alex (solo)
- Isa (solo)
- Alex & Isa (throuple)
- Val (solo)

I don't know if there is a "No one"
I mean, you can't even start the game solo lol your MC's chick dies, and then your MC gets with the chick at the bar (without giving the player an option in the matter)

There are a few games out there that let you stay solo. Then you have the ones that give you an "illusion" of a solo path (you end up dead/have a bad end for it) or some other cheap/lame way of throwing in and ending a solo path.

Then there are games that have your MC stuck in a relationship, put the MC with someone that'll help them get other girls, rush the MC into another relationship (This game) and a bunch of other lame tactics.

Basically, saying you need to get/be with someone or else you'll have a crappy life/ending/route/path. Like, these Devs are programmed to make their MCs weak by needing someone. Like, you just can't have girls as friends, it's either fuck them or bye/you are a loser.

What if I enjoy the story/game world and just don't want to deal with the "relationship" aspect? there's a bunch of things to do in the world and life but it always comes back to having someone, fucking or getting with them. But obviously, I know not every game will be to my liking, but I wish important info like being forced to someone (the bar chick) was mentioned on the store page because I wouldn't have bought it if I knew.

Lesson learned.

Reactions: badtimetales

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I mean, you can't even start the game solo lol your MC's chick dies, and then your MC gets with the chick at the bar (without giving the player an option in the matter)

There are a few games out there that let you stay solo. Then you have the ones that give you an "illusion" of a solo path (you end up dead/have a bad end for it) or some other cheap/lame way of throwing in and ending a solo path.

Then there are games that have your MC stuck in a relationship, put the MC with someone that'll help them get other girls, rush the MC into another relationship (This game) and a bunch of other lame tactics.

Basically, saying you need to get/be with someone or else you'll have a crappy life/ending/route/path. Like, these Devs are programmed to make their MCs weak by needing someone. Like, you just can't have girls as friends, it's either fuck them or bye/you are a loser.

What if I enjoy the story/game world and just don't want to deal with the "relationship" aspect? there's a bunch of things to do in the world and life but it always comes back to having someone, fucking or getting with them. But obviously, I know not every game will be to my liking, but I wish important info like being forced to someone (the bar chick) was mentioned on the store page because I wouldn't have bought it if I knew.

Lesson learned.
you didn't read hard enough then . I literally mentioned in my review on steam how the first scene is forced to show their relationship as a FWB but other than that first scene none of it is forced on you. You aren't even in a romantic relationship with her until you make the decision to end the FWB relationship before they get serious or to move forward. On my Isa save I literally turned down all of her scenes and advances besides the 1 scene at the start of the game.

Yeah she is always going to be part of the story even if you turn her down why would she go away? After all she is friends with the MC and Isa but the game never makes you feel like you need to be with anyone if you dont want to. The way the dev has built the chemistry and relationship with Alex and Isa they are very much friends first relationships come second. Sure they might be a few forced erotic / teasing scenes here and there but there is no meaning behind them besides teasing or just to include a fun scene.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes