VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

Sereni

Nov 16, 2019
public post (patreon)

Hello everyone!

It has been a busy week.
The rework is out for a bit of extra coding and beta testing, there's still one animation missing for chapter 3.3, but that'll be done quickly.
I haven't counted how many stills I've re-rendered or how many poke-throughs I've fixed in post, but the animations have grown by 560MB or 43 extra files.
I rewrote some of the text, polished up the gallery a bit and so on.

While working on the update I did postwork on more than 500 images so far and rendered/wrote another scene.
Two scenes are still missing, but they are small (except for some animations) and will be done in the next days.

Thanks for your support, have a nice Sunday and a good start into the new week!

BTT

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

c041-16-32pre.png

I have missed the weekend update

Sorry about that,

but I'm in a tunnel vision.
I really want to release the new version including the update, but on the other hand I want it to be perfect.

The additional coding came back quiet quickly from Moonlight and he did a beta test for parts of chapters 1-3 too. Thanks Moon!

For the update I've re-rendered a few dozen images, added a few dozen more and finished another scene.

I'll have to replay the update a few times, add music and SFX.
So still no timeline, as proofreaders and Android modders need some time too.

But we are finally close to the release of chapter 4.1.

Thanks for your support,

BTT

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
If my college GF and my most recent GF had a child together, her face would look a lot like that. :oops:

Maybe not, but both of them flashed immediately into my head. The college GF had slightly softer features, but was strawberry blonde with blue eyes and similar cheekbones & lips; the most recent was a redhead, but her face shape and slightly sharper features scream out in that render. Both looked good in glasses with their hair up like that, both could sport an attitude like that, and both were of an "athletic" build: slender, fit, but not too hard, so that view from the collarbone up would be similar. ;)

I don't know if this makes me want to play it more or run away! :ROFLMAO:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

pv.png

Weekend Update

Hi there! ;)

I've played through Chapter 4.1 two times (and one time more from the beginning, hopefully that's the last time I have to do that), added a few dozen renders to make it feel more natural, added one scene that was planned for 4.2 (because it does fit better in 4.1).

What's left is one time going over the code, adding more SFX/Music, one more playthrough.
And two animatioons, one rendering tonight ;)
Which is a day for each, so there's a good chance that the update goes out for testing/proofreading in the next week.

Thanks for your support and have a good week!

BTT

Sereni

Nov 16, 2019
public post (patreon)

Weekend Update
Yep, sometime I can deliver it at the weekend actually :p

I've been working on the last animation and the end scene the last days.
I might have overdone it with the animation though *caugh*
Did I mention that I hate branching? ;)
I need to do another playthrough of the update to check everything, then it will go out to the proofreaders.
I hope to get the Patreon version out by the end of next week, it depends on the proofreaders and the Android porter. And me ... if I find something I don't like in the update. But as I've played it a few times it should be good.
Rough estimates for the update are 780+ pictures and 45-90 minutes playtime.

Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!

BTT

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

c041-09-35.png

A dev's life - "Betriebsblind"

We have a word for when you can't see the problems because you deal with them every day.

It's called "Betriebsblind", "operational blindness". The 1:1 translation doesn't make any sense, but basically it means "when you work on a project for too long you don't see the problems anymore".

I've played through chapters 1-3 10+ times in the last few months, and just yesterday I played through for 10+ hours. And there are still things I haven't seen.
Frustrating.
And I guess even with a one week absensce from the game it wouldn't be better.

Luckily I have some help with that ;) Thanks guys, you are awsome!

Anyway, I've been playing through the update the whole day, fixing this, editing that. Doing some fill-in renders and so on.

I still need to do some post-production work on the renders and the animation, add some music and SFX.

I'm not calling this a release announcement, because the proofreaders need some time too.
But... I'm more than happy where I am at the moment.

It took a lot longer than originally planned, but I'm happy with the result. And I'm curious to hear what you will say.

Thanks for your support, next post will be a release announcement.

BTT

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

View attachment 2781522

A dev's life - "Betriebsblind"

We have a word for when you can't see the problems because you deal with them every day.

It's called "Betriebsblind", "operational blindness". The 1:1 translation doesn't make any sense, but basically it means "when you work on a project for too long you don't see the problems anymore".

I've played through chapters 1-3 10+ times in the last few months, and just yesterday I played through for 10+ hours. And there are still things I haven't seen.
Frustrating.
And I guess even with a one week absensce from the game it wouldn't be better.

Luckily I have some help with that ;) Thanks guys, you are awsome!

Anyway, I've been playing through the update the whole day, fixing this, editing that. Doing some fill-in renders and so on.

I still need to do some post-production work on the renders and the animation, add some music and SFX.

I'm not calling this a release announcement, because the proofreaders need some time too.
But... I'm more than happy where I am at the moment.

It took a lot longer than originally planned, but I'm happy with the result. And I'm curious to hear what you will say.

Thanks for your support, next post will be a release announcement.

BTT
Wonder what we will say?

"Why does this feels so short?" Or words to that effect... Why?

Reactions: badtimetales
4.50 star(s) 60 Votes