VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
Maybe an Alex Monday motivation soon ;)

No idea why you come up with that ;)

Missed me?

View attachment 2832538

Have a good start into the new week!
Sorry could not reply yesterday, I was in a hospital because I had an heart attack while looking at Alex. :giggle:

Alex sex scene is "forced" in Chapter one, that's all.
You can force me Alex sex scene anytime. I'd even appreciate it.:devilish:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I fully agree BTT. I was beginning to think Ragnar had a change of attitude but it seems he needs another tour of my ignored list/penalty box. Not a fan of bitching, pissing, whining or moaning.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
As I said before, I like them slim/skinny, sporty.
I understand that's not everybodies liking, but that's my story ;)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks for the feedback, but i don't agree in some points ;)
And you don't have to be, it's my opinion on the game so far and about what can't be disliked by some players. I'm not telling you to remove anything don't get me wrong, just saying what can be done to reach a bigger audience without straying too much from your original vision.
That's wrong.
Alex sex scene is "forced" in Chapter one, that's all.
That's why I say she is "forced", you can't avoid her until later.
But define lesbian?!
A FFM, where one girl licks the other boob, clit?
Is that lesbian?
I'm fine with lesbian content, even if the MC is not involved but some players bitch about it in other game threads. So I think making it optional can be a good idea for those who hate it.

I fully agree BTT. I was beginning to think Ragnar had a change of attitude but it seems he needs another tour of my ignored list/penalty box. Not a fan of bitching, pissing, whining or moaning.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
You do you but without some honest criticism games can't grow. Alex ass isn't growing unfortunately :KEK:

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
And you don't have to be, it's my opinion on the game so far and about what can't be disliked by some players. I'm not telling you to remove anything don't get me wrong, just saying what can be done to reach a bigger audience without straying too much from your original vision.

That's why I say she is "forced", you can't avoid her until later.

I'm fine with lesbian content, even if the MC is not involved but some players bitch about it in other game threads. So I think making it optional can be a good idea for those who hate it.

You do you but without some honest criticism games can't grow. Alex ass isn't growing unfortunately :KEK:
Ragnar, it's all fine and dandy, until the ones that "don't like" this or that, start to boss the Dev around as if they are owed special respect.

Here in Portugal we say: "Não gostas, não comes" (You don't like it, don't eat it). Asking that someone work for your dislikes like you are the boss of something, especially without even a thank you, doesn't really compute. I don't go into games that have content I can't stand to ask for it to be optional, never even mind to ask for it to be removed. If it's in the tags, great, I don't even open the game page.

These games aren't made by a committee. They usually have a single creator that applies it's view of the story they want to tell. Some of these authors ask their supporters, via polls or other methods, to pronounce themselves about this or that, but many of the Devs don't even allow that type of interference. Much less from people that aren't involved. Why should they?

BTT is open enough to allow an open discussion about the game, as long as it's clear, that it is their game.

About your refusal of Alex scene, you should also refuse Jennifer, after all she had sex with the MC, and however many other women he bedded... see, it's ridiculous...

About the homophobic crowd, do we really have to tolerate intolerance?

I hope it's clear that I understood that your intention was to make the audience grow by pandering to their phobias, I have seen it in other games, the more you give them in leeway, the more they feel entitled to demand. Until the Dev is making 5 different versions of the game while still being critiqued for not doing X, Y or Z.

Peace :)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Starting all over now, I would do many things different.
But that's no option and more important, not I would like to do.
It's a good hint for a new game. But I know me being stubborn to do it like i want :p

Some players don't like dogs... or like them too much *sigh*
For some it's "too much drama", others want more?

So which way I choose?

Easy.
My way.
It's my story, like it or not.

That's not against your opinion, but I think a story needs a plot.
And I've set a plot and will not change it.
When the story is finished, I will rethink what I created.
And perhaps edit it.
But for now, it is like it is.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts though!
Feedback is important and I learn a lot from it.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Ragnar, it's all fine and dandy, until the ones that "don't like" this or that, start to boss the Dev around as if they are owed special respect.

Here in Portugal we say: "Não gostas, não comes" (You don't like it, don't eat it). Asking that someone work for your dislikes like you are the boss of something, especially without even a thank you, doesn't really compute. I don't go into games that have content I can't stand to ask for it to be optional, never even mind to ask for it to be removed. If it's in the tags, great, I don't even open the game page.

These games aren't made by a committee. They usually have a single creator that applies it's view of the story they want to tell. Some of these authors ask their supporters, via polls or other methods, to pronounce themselves about this or that, but many of the Devs don't even allow that type of interference. Much less from people that aren't involved. Why should they?

BTT is open enough to allow an open discussion about the game, as long as it's clear, that it is their game.

About your refusal of Alex scene, you should also refuse Jennifer, after all she had sex with the MC, and however many other women he bedded... see, it's ridiculous...

About the homophobic crowd, do we really have to tolerate intolerance?

I hope it's clear that I understood that your intention was to make the audience grow by pandering to their phobias, I have seen it in other games, the more you give them in leeway, the more they feel entitled to demand. Until the Dev is making 5 different versions of the game while still being critiqued for not doing X, Y or Z.

Peace :)
My point is that sex scenes should be optional, Alex first scene too. It's not about virgin MC or whatever, it's about having control over who the MC dicks down. Not hard to understand I think.

Starting all over now, I would do many things different.
But that's no option and more important, not I would like to do.
It's a good hint for a new game. But I know me being stubborn to do it like i want :p

Some players don't like dogs... or like them too much *sigh*
For some it's "too much drama", others want more?

So which way I choose?

Easy.
My way.
It's my story, like it or not.

That's not against your opinion, but I think a story needs a plot.
And I've set a plot and will not change it.
When the story is finished, I will rethink what I created.
And perhaps edit it.
But for now, it is like it is.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts though!
Feedback is important and I learn a lot from it.
I like the game otherwise I wouldn't be playing it. I gave you some ideas to make it better, but of course you should do what you want because you're the dev.
My only grip with your story so far is how Alex is stealing the spot light from Isabella. I think Alex is a more fleshed out character than Isa, which is strange in a game called Isabella Dark Paths :WaitWhat:

Reactions: badtimetales

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
More like, how many other women has the MC had sex with before Jen? We may not see it, but there were probably some. To go by that reasoning, nothing should have happened and he should be a 30 year old virgin.
In this part I think you aren't right, it isn't all or nothing, what does the past have to do with the present? When something happens in the past it is understandable that one cannot change it. But when something happens in the present of the game, the player usually wants the possibility to choose what he wants.
That said, in this case I understand that because of how the story unfolds, the scenes with Alex should be mandatory in the first chapter for her to make sense during this story.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
My only grip with your story so far is how Alex is stealing the spot light from Isabella. I think Alex is a more fleshed out character than Isa, which is strange in a game called Isabella Dark Paths :WaitWhat:
It is normal for Alex to develop earlier, she is the one you meet first and she is the one who helps you to recover. But I don't think she steals the spotlight from Isa. Isabella's story has a slower development (the plot of the story develops around her environment) and is linked to your past, with each chapter she is gaining more prominence.

• Red Heart

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It is normal for Alex to develop earlier, she is the one you meet first and she is the one who helps you to recover. But I don't think she steals the spotlight from Isa. Isabella's story has a slower development (the plot of the story develops around her environment) and is linked to your past, with each chapter she is gaining more prominence.
Yeah, I expect more and better content with Isa as the game goes on, but right now this is Alex show. I mean badtimetales is doing a superb job with the character so far, one can only hope to see the same with other girls in the game.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Yeah, I expect more and better content with Isa as the game goes on, but right now this is Alex show. I mean badtimetales is doing a superb job with the character so far, one can only hope to see the same with other girls in the game.
I think that from now on the relationship with Isa will develop more quickly, (she is already installed in your house and I doubt that she is going to leave at any time) allowing Mc to have more time alone with Isa to get to know each other better, and it is also possible that Alex will return home with his sister temporarily, before settling in permanently.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
was skipping through comments here and people mentioned harem couple of times - is it harem game though? i played ages ago (version 3.1) and got impression you have to pick one, so i just stick to still alive GF, completely ignoring ehh.. the new dead one? anyway, can you actually get both of them?

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
was skipping through comments here and people mentioned harem couple of times - is it harem game though? i played ages ago (version 3.1) and got impression you have to pick one, so i just stick to still alive GF, completely ignoring ehh.. the new dead one? anyway, can you actually get both of them?
BTT's intention is to have a relationship with Alex and Isabella at the same time. So you don't have to choose Li if you don't want to, Val is a secondary character so you can't end up with her.
By the new dead one, I don't know who you mean.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
BTT's intention is to have a relationship with Alex and Isabella at the same time. So you don't have to choose Li if you don't want to, Val is a secondary character so you can't end up with her.
By the new dead one, I don't know who you mean.
i don't remember their names anymore, "still alive GF" - one with a half cut, "new dead one" - another one who supposedly looks exactly like dead GF, i remember there was moment with her portrait hanging in MC's house

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks.
Yes, Alex is very visible, if you don't reject her.

The so called "forced" sex scene was discussed over and again, I even did a poll about her character after the release of 2.1.
One patron asked me if I was going to change it in the rework, and my answer was "I haven't even thought about it".

Like her (or her scenes) or not. She's part of the story, at least in the way I want to tell it.
I understand the reasons why people want to choose and don't like the first scene with her.
But for the story it's a necessary, sorry.

I think that from now on the relationship with Isa will develop more quickly, (she is already installed in your house and I doubt that she is going to leave at any time) allowing Mc to have more time alone with Isa to get to know each other better, and it is also possible that Alex will return home with his sister temporarily, before settling in permanently.
The goal for 4.1 was to bring the girls together, thanks to Zeus ;)
The relationship will develop, but in a "natural" way. There is no "fuck the brains of the model of the year out after you know her for 3 days".

4.1 introduced two new characters, where one is important for the story.
With the next chapters the story and the relationship with Isa will unfold ;)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Alex. Isa. Or both. Your choice.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat and Danv
4.50 star(s) 60 Votes