VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.3] [badtimetales]

4.30 star(s) 65 Votes

divingmedic

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2023
I just got an email today saying I got two steam awards for my Isabella review its my first ever award on steam so I'm happy.
Also, guys I have been really good lately and not thought of the girls in sexy situations but darn it's hard not to.
As long as they are not the "clown" award. It is supposed to a bad reward, but it's still 200 points you get.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Which reminds me I got most of my review wrote just need to finish playing the game before I post. I know I could do it now but rather finish playing first just personal preference. Been playing AVN's less so it's taking longer sorry BTT

Krepax

Aug 17, 2022
As much as I like Alex's character, I feel the relationship with her begins in earnest too soon... and it ends up becoming a little stale also too soon. It's as if the author has made her a sort of bridge between the MC and the titular protagonist of the game, the hot and lovely Isabella.

A shame, because she's so distant from the typical AVN sterotype. I would have preferred an on/off relationship that continues to be 'no strings attached' or that needs certain issues to be solved before blooming into a real bond.

Last edited:
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
As much as I like Alex's character, I feel the relationship with her begins in earnest too soon... and it ends up becoming a little stale also too soon. It's as if the author has made her a sort of bridge between the MC and the titular protagonist of the game, the hot and lovely Isabella.

A shame, because she's so distant from the typical AVN sterotype. I would have preferred an on/off relationship that continues to be 'no strings attached' or that needs certain issues to be solved before blooming into a real bond.
I know what you mean, but resources are limited.

Every possible branching adds scene setup, render time, writing and the chance for bugs in the script.
This is doable with a team where you can split the work, but as a one man show not really. At least not if you expect updates in a reasonable timeline.

And last but not least, a part of the players is waiting for Isa as a LI, no matter which ending you are going for.
So i had to push that a little bit.

Like I said before, I would do things different now.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Every possible branching adds scene setup, render time, writing and the chance for bugs in the script.
This is doable with a team where you can split the work, but as a one man show not really. At least not if you expect updates in a reasonable timeline.

And last but not least, a part of the players is waiting for Isa as a LI, no matter which ending you are going for.

I actually prefer that we have to commit early. Fuck buddy sex isn't something that interests me I need an emotional connection.

Krepax

Aug 17, 2022

I understand, but personally I find difficult to ignore Alex or even more difficult to reject her when you're finally given the chance. It just doesn't feel right, because -in the frame of the story- she's the one pulling the MC out of the depression hole he's dug himself into.

It's as if I'm emotionally blackmailed into accepting her as LI, but then the game wants the players to live in anticipation of seeing what happens next with Isabella.

Reactions: badtimetales

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I finally finished the update will post my review finally tomorrow or the next day on steam ( Blame these damn JRPG's ive been playing). I think this might be my favorite update yet. Story starting to get real interesting for sure and all of that teasing with Isabella I loved it. The transparent outfits she was wearing especially when she bent over and could see her ass really good , was pretty damn hot. Don't even need to see her naked that was perfect.

This was my 3rd or 4th time replaying the game now I lost count. Alex gets more attractive to me every time which is funny cause I didn't find her all that attractive my first time. ( tho alot of the reason was the hair but now I love the hair) Also starting to like Val more everytime I see her haha. Depending on how you develop her character in the future I can actually see myself liking her more than Alex but not Isabella.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Also starting to like Val more everytime I see her haha. Depending on how you develop her character in the future I can actually see myself liking her more than Alex but not Isabella.
Looks like I have to work even harder on Isa's character :devilish:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Looks like I have to work even harder on Isa's character :devilish:
Doubt I'll ever like someone more than Isa but I can see myself almost liking Val more depending on how she she develops haha. While I do think Alex is a better character than Val , when you look at the character deveolopment. But there is something about Val that I just really like she is just alot of fun to be around whenever we get a scene with her.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I come home and find out you guys were talking about the game but didn't invite me? Well, I'm here now and I have something erotic to say.

I would watch Alex masturbating there I said it. Seeing her hand knuckle deep in her tasty vagina would be like seeing heaven.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I come home and find out you guys were talking about the game but didn't invite me? Well, I'm here now and I have something erotic to say.

I would watch Alex masturbating there I said it. Seeing her hand knuckle deep in her tasty vagina would be like seeing heaven.
Well I was thinking about a Val and Isabella threesome. I know you are all about Alex and Isa

divingmedic

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2023

2 in the pink,1 in the stink.:devilish::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Jakeace

Jun 1, 2024
Both, Steam and Patreon got a small bugfix yesterday (typos in 4.3, FR and ES translations and the scene where you call the bike shop showing up when you haven't asked Wil for help)
Sorry, haven't announced it on Patreon.
you said you were deliver in april ..more bs

• Angry
Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
you said you were deliver in april ..more bs
dunno what you are talking about it came out 1-2 weeks ago give or take. Seems either you just don't want to buy it on steam cause I dont think it's been leaked or you can't accept any delays even tho BTT told us and was fully transparent about any delays when they happened.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 65 Votes