VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.3] [badtimetales]

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I meant the decision scene in general.
There isn't much drama if you end your relationship. Yes, evil me had that planned, but that would have been too much.
yeah I know that, still, I have my head-canon, and it's either Alex solo or both together with Isa, I won't play a route without Alex. I know I'll probably miss some stuff but it's fine with me

Jarulf

Formerly 'AbsolutelyNotJarulf'
Aug 9, 2020
I know that that scene wasn't "nice".

But after telling her backstory (which was needed for her character building) I finally had to give the players the choice to break up with her.
I don't think anyone is criticising you for the scene, on the contrary. The fact that breaking up with Alex hits some of us so hard, is simply proof that you both made us connect with her and that you gave the scene the importance it deserved. Breaking up like this with someone who is in love with you, should never be nice or easy. Not if you are trying to tell an actual story with characters who feel real.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
In my opinion that scene is really well done, and it's hard to see her suffering when you leave her. Where I think it could be improved is her behaviour afterwards, she acts as if nothing has happened.
Agreed.

She had to stay at the MC's house because of the attack and Cath for now (well, and I needed her to get closer with Isa, for the throuple and for the Isa path too).

The problem is that every branching means extra renders and text.
Render times are not really a problem any more with the dual GPU now, but setting up the scenes takes time too.
So the main goal was to reduce extra renders on the different paths.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Agreed.

She had to stay at the MC's house because of the attack and Cath for now (well, and I needed her to get closer with Isa, for the throuple and for the Isa path too).

The problem is that every branching means extra renders and text.
Render times are not really a problem any more with the dual GPU now, but setting up the scenes takes time too.
So the main goal was to reduce extra renders on the different paths.
It's understandable, it takes a lot of effort to do all the scenes twice and it's almost better this way, it would be much harder to leave her if she was constantly sad after the breakup.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Update 4.3 is not translated into russian. Not even half of 4.2 is untranslated.

Yeah, thanks to the tight release date the translation came in late (my fault, not the translators one!) and I missed uploading an update.
Totally forgot about that.

Will fix that the next days.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes