Unity Completed Isekai Frontline [v1.3.2] [Ginkgo Studio]

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
While I do understand your standpoint and to an extent agree this very much could fit into that, I can give you two counterpoints as why "maybe" this is not tagged as it:
1- Community and staff don't want to deal with all the inevitable "is the NTR avoidable" and complains such tag WILL bring (given so many other threads with said tag).

2- Given the existance of the rape (and obviously that the enemies in this game are supposedly just zombie-like infected and not exactly reasonable humans), might be just out of the intent. For example an NTR game might want to depict adultery behavior, or blackmail for plot reasons, while in the case of this one as a defeat scene is just depicted as pure rape.
NTR via rape.. is still NTR my friend. (like... it is so popular that of the main three types of NTR, two include rape, one being only rape (i.e. the LI never likes it), the other being rape leading to cheating (mindbreak or not), type B and C respectively).

While I do understand your point, if that is going to be the way they implement the tag rules, then the rules of that tag should be changed accordingly. e.g. tack on "Not including rape." at the end.
Otherwise what is the point of rules and definitions, if there are going to be so many exceptions for them? (I say so many, because this has happened on multiple games now, despite it not happening on others with "lighter" NTR (any NTR is NTR, by lighter I mean not as hardcore)).

Although, given the promotional image for the game on pixiv (linked in my previous comment). The game seems to have a mix of at least one actual NTR scene.

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
if that is going to be the way they implement the tag rules, then the rules of that tag should be changed accordingly. e.g. tack on "Not including rape." at the end.
I get that tags need a rework, specially since some are vague, but let's be honest with ourselves, us talking and making sense of this situation changes nothing untill this is taken to the staff.

For better or for worse I'd say it's better to those who see it as NTR to just use the "ignore thread" button (obviously given they don't like it), and for those who like it, just imagine it is, because as GracefulDarkness said, art in some ocasions seems more a case of retrofited work, more than intentional on some cases. But hey, I'm not the developer nor member of the staff, so this is just my humble opinion and nothing else reaally.

Edit: Failed to mention it but also makes sense staff and for the sake of community is kept this way because of the mere existance of the rape tag, for example with your definitions any game depicting a MC and the heroines whom get raped by monsters/dudes etc. will then fit into the NTR, leading again in what I mentioned the waves of "is NTR avoidable" and lots of complains, and it's better for us to narrow down NTR a just cheating matters. Obviously if you want to consider even rape as NTR, go ahead, I'd say is a futile endeavour, but you're free to do so.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I get that tags need a rework, specially since some are vague, but let's be honest with ourselves, us talking and making sense of this situation changes nothing untill this is taken to the staff.

For better or for worse I'd say it's better to those who see it as NTR to just use the "ignore thread" button (obviously given they don't like it), and for those who like it, just imagine it is, because as GracefulDarkness said, art in some ocasions seems more a case of retrofited work, more than intentional on some cases. But hey, I'm not the developer nor member of the staff, so this is just my humble opinion and nothing else reaally.

Edit: Failed to mention it but also makes sense staff and for the sake of community is kept this way because of the mere existance of the rape tag, for example with your definitions any game depicting a MC and the heroines whom get raped by monsters/dudes etc. will then fit into the NTR, leading again in what I mentioned the waves of "is NTR avoidable" and lots of complains, and it's better for us to narrow down NTR a just cheating matters. Obviously if you want to consider even rape as NTR, go ahead, I'd say is a futile endeavour, but you're free to do so.
It would get both the NTR tag and the rape tag....

NTR should be for NTR... because there is also a cheating tag.

The logic for rape tag instead of NTR also equally applies to cheating, cause NTR is equally both. Just depends which kind the author goes for.

RaZaS

May 31, 2018
Seen updated versions elsewhere on some other sites. But no idea what the actual latest version is.
I just bought it on steam. The final boss has appeared, the slime scene has changed and 1 new scene with mines has appeared, we are waiting for the next updates

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
I just bought it on steam. The final boss has appeared, the slime scene has changed and 1 new scene with mines has appeared, we are waiting for the next updates
Is the game worth a play in your opinion? I'm on the fence. I generally enjoy these kinds of games when they're paced well but, not really looking for a heavy grind.

RaZaS

May 31, 2018
Is the game worth a play in your opinion? I'm on the fence. I generally enjoy these kinds of games when they're paced well but, not really looking for a heavy grind.
yes, it's really worth it, but the difficulty of several missions is quite high, and the game is also waiting for several updates + dlc

Apr 16, 2018
Bruh... instead of using the western misconception how bout actually looking for the literal meaning... or better yet, F95's own rules.

I'll take actual translation over mistranslation thanks.

Exhibit if you will:
View attachment 2617814
Some other translations are "Taken away by sleeping" and "To be taken from" (it can be translated a few ways)

And f95's:
View attachment 2617818
Dude, Netorase and Netori are far more useful and accurate tags than a literal translation of NTR. f95 NTR definition is also more useful if they actually follow it. Not all NTR types are designed to cause jealousy so You can't just include Netorase, Netori and any other types into one big Netorare and call it a day. I don't want to be expecting to play a netorase game, grinding some gameplay hours or a buttload of VN texts just so I could get netorared. It's stupid.

"translations demonstrate the NTR genre's emphasis on the feelings of the individual who was cheated on" - In other words consent and non consent, willing or unwilling, Happy or sad.

Similarly If we're talking about the translation ."To steal from."
It's like if someone tried to steal a left over pudding I left for anyone who wants it. It doesn't make sense for people to say I got stolen from. The logic is the same with "To take from."

• Angry
Reactions: Xakorik
2.80 star(s) 16 Votes