Ren'Py Abandoned Island 34 [Ep.2 Events] [NSFW Space]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Well yeah someone will like it but it can still be surprising or odd when such a premise is pursued.
Notice you're making statements of opinion there. Funny thing about those is that different people have different opinions.

Sure but I've never read an award winning story that could continue the same without the MC in it and it wouldn't matter at all. It's a HUGE flaw like I said.
The Great Gatsby?

mscottontail

Dec 2, 2018
Notice you're making statements of opinion there. Funny thing about those is that different people have different opinions.
My opinion is that this is a perplexing audience choice however to come to that conclusion my statement using a store of knowledge on the particular subject that i have not bothered to present because who am i to think someone would actually care so much about an inane discussion such as that.

I am here to make passing comments not bore the other users with walls of meaningless text.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
My opinion is that this is a perplexing audience choice however to come to that conclusion my statement using a store of knowledge on the particular subject that i have not bothered to present because who am i to think someone would actually care so much about an inane discussion such as that.

I am here to make passing comments not bore the other users with walls of meaningless text.
Here's the thing though, some people just want to tell an erotic story their way and aren't trying to cater to a specific audience. It's fine if you don't understand why someone would want to do that but not everyone is trying put out "Trite Fetish Trigger 5,473" to corral a bunch of people just looking for their next fetish fap. There are people out there who appreciate that sort of thing.

I have things I prefer like everyone else but sometimes I'm just gonna click on something with a decent story that isn't grindy and has a bunch of good looking characters, and I'm not gonna presume to tell the dev what to do or that their chosen combination of fetishes is strange because it doesn't cater to some market-tested group I imagine myself to represent.

Reactions: Joeburqa

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
house jacuzzi prtn bk drink evening.png

Here is what I just posted on Patreon:

Friday weekly update

It's Friday again, so here is a quick update on what's going on with the game development. As you know I released a preview version to my $20+ patreons last Saturday, which means tomorrow it will be released for all. Actually, the version that I will release tomorrow will not be the 'preview' one, but a proper 0.1. With the end of the month coming last weekend, I decided to cut the scope of the first release and have just the story part included in the release. There was just not enough time to finish the 'free-roam' mode by the end of the month, and that's what I've been focused on the days after the release of the preview. Even though it doesn't add much in terms of content (a few images and no new animations), it adds the framework for the free-roam (well... half of it) and lays the foundation for the repeatable events that you can play throughout the game. I'm running final checks and if everything goes through smoothly, I'll release it tomorrow morning.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Hi all,

I've just posted the links for 0.1 to all my Patreons and since it's a public release, I'm sharing them here as well:

If you have already played the preview version, please delete the saves since 0.1 is not backwards compatible. Future versions will be compatible with old saves, but the preview version was a different case because of the missing free-roam mode.

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
Comes off as quite odd why someone would make a game with a lot of lesbian scenes but have a male protag, i would think people who like lesbian content would avoid everything that has male protag (like myself), but there is so much lesbian content people who like male protag games don't really want to play it. Very odd decision must be quite niche.
I get what you're saying, but as someone who generally prefers playing these games as a male protagonist, I also enjoy playing a female protagonist. Provided there is a lesbian path in the game. My personal taste doesn't necessarily reflect the majority of the audience, but I actually think this particular game would actually work better for me with a female protagonist. But again, that's just me.

Reactions: arms99

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Sure but I've never read an award winning story that could continue the same without the MC in it and it wouldn't matter at all. It's a HUGE flaw like I said.
I think the opposite personally.

It just makes the MC a more normal person in an abnormal setting. Sometimes it's nice to read something where the main character isn't the be all and end all of the story and is part of something much bigger.

Sure the girls in Water World go about their business and would have whether the MC turned up or not but he did turn up and got to be a part of their lives for a while.

This one seems more driven by the main characters but that doesn't mean every other character shouldn't have their own things going on.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all, my unofficial android port of Island 34 version 0.1
Usual gestures etc

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Island 34 ep.2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 21.12.2020 (ep.2)

Last edited:

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
So this is made from the same basic idea as Waterworld?
I hate that game and now so I know what direction this is going to.
Not for me.
Waterworld sucks.
Most sandbox games suck.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Heya,

I played the prologue.

Character credibility : 0
It pretty obvious that the MC will be a beta follower. He could have just said "No, honey, I like to participate" and that lesbian scene completly out of nowhere, of course, could habe been a threesome. But no.

You already know that Alice will be the shitty character of the game who will have sex with everyone on the island but not with the MC.

Honestly, the story should have been like this :

Thank you.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Heya,

I played the prologue.

Character credibility : 0
It pretty obvious that the MC will be a beta follower. He could have just said "No, honey, I like to participate" and that lesbian scene completly out of nowhere, of course, could habe been a threesome. But no.

You already know that Alice will be the shitty character of the game who will have sex with everyone on the island but not with the MC.

Honestly, the story should have been like this :

Thank you.
i agree its funny how fast she goes from wanting nothing to do with it to having sex with some random woman, and that just sets up wants to come with her and confirms its gonna be a fuck em all and watch her fuck em all as well then maybe solve a murder if everyone not to busy fucking each other

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote