1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Just shared this on Patreon:

anim ep 2 sc ambr 600.png

Hi all,

Sorry for posting this a day later, but yesterday I was posing animations till 1a.m. and after I was done, I totally forgot it was Friday. I think it was worth it, as you can see from the image above which is a frame from these animations. Anyway, here is what kept me busy the last week. After I published the first "full" version of i34 with both the story and the free-roam modes, I started working on 0.2 (more about the version numbers a bit later). The story is almost done and from the looks of it, it will have ~30 story renders and three scenes. The initial plan was to have just two, but I decided to branch one of the scenes, so depending on your choice, you'll see different animations. As I said before, i34 will have a mostly linear story with choices in the story mode affecting mostly the free-roam mode. As with WW, the development cycle of i34 will be split in ~three weeks for story updates and ~two weeks for events-only (free-roam) updates. I'll try to keep up to this schedule but somewhere in the near future I'll have to take some time to do the WW epilogue as well.

Now, about the i34 versioning. I think the current 0.1, 0.2, etc. versions make little sense when dealing with story oriented game, so I'll change this to "episode" type of versioning, with the type of update adding "story" or "roaming" to the version name. So the next version will be "ep. 2 story" followed by "ep. 2 roaming", etc. The plan is to release "ep. 2 story" by the end of the month, then switch to the WW epilogue for a couple of weeks and releasing i34 ep. 2 roaming at the end of December. It will add the option to change the location as well, so you won't be bound just to the house but you'll be able to explore part of the island as well. Of course this will require some time to be developed, so it will probably mean that the "roaming" update will have just one or two events.

R2k22

Jan 15, 2018
After this short demo i see there will be at least such good quality of renders as in WW. Animations with 7 cameras view? Its a good pick. Im litllebit concerned about whole cover story. Waking up two people in the middle of the night and depart them onto island without any dosier or little info about who they are. After some fun on the plane they get rugged by CEO that they blowed thier cover. Did they know what a role they have to play? No. They only knew that, that thier are married and have some sophicticated sexual dreams. That's all. So the plane incident was not hamrful. Anyway, im looking forward to this project. Good luck:)

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
After this short demo i see there will be at least such good quality of renders as in WW. Animations with 7 cameras view? Its a good pick. Im litllebit concerned about whole cover story. Waking up two people in the middle of the night and depart them onto island without any dosier or little info about who they are. After some fun on the plane they get rugged by CEO that they blowed thier cover. Did they know what a role they have to play? No. They only knew that, that thier are married and have some sophicticated sexual dreams. That's all. So the plane incident was not hamrful. Anyway, im looking forward to this project. Good luck:)
It is harmful if the cover Linda and Marc had planned for you and your partner does not play along with what you two did on the plane. And with them trying to keep the murder hidden, it's normal to try to control who knows what and share any information with the outside world on a need-to-know basis (e.g. with the agency boss).

On the technical side - the main limiting factor making the game is my time. I wish I could spend more on the game, but everyone can check my earnings from the game on Patreon and see that it's marginal and I can't quit my job to make the game. So I do it in my free time usually late at night when I can spend a couple of hours posing animations, writing dialogue and coding. One animation takes around an hour-hour and a half to pose, so with three weeks development time, that's 21 days, when you exclude 4-5 days in writing the dialogue, connecting past/future plot lines, etc. you end up with just over 15 days. Take a couple of days off for posing story related images and at the end you get ~14 days which means 14 different animations. Last year there was a bit of a spike in the Patreon pledges (which the pandemic wiped out, because many people had to cut non-essential spending) but at that time I managed to invest most of the earnings in some decent hardware, so right now I can render around 5-7 animations per day with ~40 frames each if I keep a tight schedule on connecting to the rendering machine and starting the next animation in the batch. So the bottleneck is the posing of the animations and the extra POV angles are "free" in terms of the time spent on them. At the end of the day, you either get ~14 animations or ~14x5 animations from different angles.

Last edited:

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
I've just posted this on Patreon, so I'm sharing it here as well:

sofia bell.png

Meet Sofia Bell

Besides Amber who you saw earlier in the first rendered image for ep. 2, in this version, you'll get to meet Sofia Bell. Her husband is missing and... well, I don't want to do any spoilers so I won't go in details, but she'll be one of the main characters in the story.

hitman225

Sep 6, 2019
The base model is the same as Emma from WW, but with a different hair and a few touch-ups on the breasts and hips.
It couldn't remind me about the model of Emma. Maybe because the hair style makes the face looks like longer, and the cheekbone looks like sharper. These two features make the character looks like having power and being dominated, and they also make man has stronger desire to conquer and bring more joy. So, it means a kind of high-class sexy.

Again, the dress is very tasteful. When I saw the dresses in WW, I thought "this dev has very good fashion sense".

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
It couldn't remind me about the model of Emma. Maybe because the hair style makes the face looks like longer, and the cheekbone looks like sharper. These two features make the character looks like having power and being dominated, and they also make man has stronger desire to conquer and bring more joy. So, it means a kind of high-class sexy.

Again, the dress is very tasteful. When I saw the dresses in WW, I thought "this dev has very good fashion sense".
Exactly the opposite of what my wife thinks about my "fashion sense" :ROFLMAO:

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Hmm, this doesn't seem to be a continuation of the "Spaced Out" & "Water World" story line so far as it looks like...
Then I have to admit that the ending of "Water World" is very disappointing and leaves quite some loose ends.
I sincerely hope the developer doesn't lose interest in developing this game as soon as he has a new idea...
EDIT:
Just saw Ranger's post in the "Water World" thread. There will be an epilogue for "Water World". Now I'm really relieved!

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Classy Jack

Apr 18, 2019
Controlling an android, vs. body-swapping .... but oh well, if you don't like the dev, you might want to not play this, indeed.
It also wasn't half way through the game.. it was actually really close to the end.. dude seems to just wanna slam the dev.

I have my issues with the ending of WW, but the dev says he's working on an epilogue for that game, that ties everything up, so that the game doesn't just abruptly stop, and call it a day. I liked spaced out, and i liked how the story from that game continued into WW, and i even really liked WW, right up until we get to facility in the third act.. but i'll stop here, as i'm waiting for that epilogue, before i actually write a review.

Reactions: Trminator

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Here is what I just posted on my Patreon page:

ep 2 sc ambr 29.png

Island 34 ep. 2 is (finally) released

Hi all,

I've just posted the links for episode 2 to my 20€+ patreons, which means they will be made public on Dec. 20th. I'm really sorry about the delay for this release but I was preoccupied with my job and not much time was left for the game (which is still a hobby for me rather than a job that could pay my bills). But this is all in the past, so let's talk a bit about the future.

With the story for episode 2 released, I'll switch back to Water World and do the epilogue for both endings and the unlocked gallery at the end of the game. The current plan for all of this is to be done by the end of December, so it will roghly be a week for each ending and a few days to re-work the current scene replay functionality to have all the scenes unlocked and you to be able to choose different paths within the replays.

The epilogue will have one of the endings closed and the other open for a future third game in the series. I've had a few messages from you guys asking if it was possible to have Island 34 put on hold and continue with the SO/WW story in a new game, so I might put it up for a poll after the WW epilogue is done. As I've said before I consider the games a joint effort between me and you with me doing the work and you funding the process, so I feel it's fair if you have your say in which game to do.

As usual, I'll share the first render for the epilogue right after it's ready, so keep an eye on the feed in the coming days.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
It has been a week and the latest version hasn't made it's way here? That's unusual... anyway, since it's been made publicly available today on Patreon, let me share it here as well:

Changelog:

- added episode 2 of the story

- added 2 new animated scenes with 45 animations

- ~20 new renders

- one new character

- old saves might not be compatible

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Ranger It would be nice if you could add something to the game that lets us players see when we've finished the new episode like it was the case in WW.

And to be honest, because of Alice here looking likte the Alice in WW I also assumed this to be a kind of sequel/prequel of both Spaced Out and Water World, ha ha. The young Alice of WW was teleported somewhere, you know...
Made me have some weird thoughts actually:
Alice ending up in the original universe in the body of the MCs mother a bunch of year earlier before she got pregnant with him...
Anyway, I'm in full support of a continuation of both SO and WW.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
So, seems like this is a kinetic novel at day 4/5. I found a bug: after fucking both Emma in the evening of day 4 and Amber in the morning of day 5, the day counter is back at 4 when "freeroaming" around the house doing nothing continued. No actual choices to be made and the content just ends while "freeroaming" in the empty house continues days on end. At least Waterworld had a tip system that told the player which story arc was ended or had no more content in that version. I think I let this kinetic novel with pointless advancing time mature up for few versions until I revisit this.

Also for me, the plot/storyline is rather weak. If I was supposed to investigate a murder I bet it wouldn't get solved by staying in a house for five days and never going outside on an island that is full of entertainment. I'd expect people who hired us to investigate the murder quick results but to keep the cover while snooping around. And, Alice wouldn't be helping in the murder investigation by banning MC from entering the strip club.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote