Shionara

May 2, 2020
I really want to play this game but I think my laptop can't handle this game cuz there's so much things that happening around and usually Unreal engine games are bearable to me but not this one

Nivelungo

Oct 16, 2017
Imposible to play in a 4:3 monitor, the fullscreen cuts the side icons, and when you go back to windowed (F) u cant go back to the game.
Im using linux

RoseWulfLea

Jul 1, 2020
I hope more performance options are added, tried this game on my levono and could barely run it, but it was fun with what I was able to see

ForlornFaun

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
I'm also having problem my mac
is not opening at all
we will probably have to wait until it fixes
View attachment 1871528
is anyone else having this problem on there MACBOOK and how do you fix it
I'm also having the same issue. Every character model is that lovely shade of pink. Would really appreciate if anyone knows a fix.

Look likes the shader is broken on mac, whelp that's concerning.
I think I'll make a conversation where I can throw out some mac tests.

ForlornFaun

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
too bad. I loved the old map style. It was simple and intuitive.
Gotta say not a fan of the pixel art, in this specific case.
In my defense.

The old artstyle was unbearable to do and would take up too much time.
With the pixel art I can easily make creatures, effects, generate new maps and even make small roguelite dungeons.

I can always add a rust aesthetic over it in the future to give it that papyrus look.

I get that not everyone's a fan of pixel art but this is more for my sanity and making these little pixel animations feel so nice.
Snecko.gif Snecko.gif SpriteStuff.gif

Last edited:

vince638

Oct 12, 2018
Thanks for the linux version, what's accessible runs much smoother than going through wine.
No pink textures here so far (vulkan, nvidia kernel driver).
But yeah, can't find how to progress after 'Rebuild structure' is done, and the UI uses the wrong screen ratio: woops.jpg

Also, the "return to main menu" choice in options does nothing.

ForlornFaun

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Thanks for the linux version, what's accessible runs much smoother than going through wine.
No pink textures here so far (vulkan, nvidia kernel driver).
But yeah, can't find how to progress after 'Rebuild structure' is done, and the UI uses the wrong screen ratio: View attachment 1871648

Also, the "return to main menu" choice in options does nothing.
The image doesn't seem to load.

Have you tried pressing F, to reload the Fullscreen.
What's your resolution?

Reactions: IllumiNaughty

vince638

Oct 12, 2018
The image doesn't seem to load.
Just reload it a couple times, usually does the trick.

Have you tried pressing F, to reload the Fullscreen.
What's your resolution?
Yes, fullscreen 1920x1080 (16:9) and windowed 1440x900 (16:10), latter used for the screenshot.

Edit: Wait a minute... now going to fullscreen 16:9 widens the image enough to use the UI. But returning to windowed goes back to pic linked earlier.
Edit2: Yeah, when launched in fullscreen (16:9), UI is broken. Going windowed (to 16:10) then back to fullscreen again widens things and makes it ok.
Hope that helps track the issue.

ForlornFaun

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Just reload it a couple times, usually does the trick.

Yes, fullscreen 1920x1080 (16:9) and windowed 1440x900 (16:10), latter used for the screenshot.

Edit: Wait a minute... now going to fullscreen 16:9 widens the image enough to use the UI. But returning to windowed goes back to pic linked earlier.
Edit2: Yeah, when launched in fullscreen (16:9), UI is broken. Going windowed (to 16:10) then back to fullscreen again widens things and makes it ok.
Hope that helps track the issue.
90f.png

For now, F will fix the issue.

Webbys1

Oct 26, 2019
That's.. new.

Have you tried changing the API, through the API changer, try vulkan or direct 12.
I went through all four option in the API changer and pressed all the buttons, it still won't let me click on the faun's eye or bypass them.

ForlornFaun

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
I went through all four option in the API changer and pressed all the buttons, it still won't let me click on the faun's eye or bypass them.
Place this file in here.
AppData\LocalLow\Forlorn Faun\IslanDeity\here

Let me know if it fixes the issue.

L4r90

Jul 5, 2017
OK I'm new to this/ started with this update and have no idea how to get it to work.
After the into I'm able to rebuild the structure and capture up to 4 girls, but then I'm left with no options.
There is nothing to do and I can't interact with anything other than deleting girls to make room for new ones.
Also the UI is cut off on both ends as seen here:
1655293983950.png

I've read through the thread and deleting the IslanDeityConfig, changing the API or double pressing F to switch from full to windowed screen and back didn't help either.

Either this version is buggy AF or there's something wrong with the UI which might 'hide' a crucial gameplay element from me.

ForlornFaun

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
OK I'm new to this/ started with this update and have no idea how to get it to work.
After the into I'm able to rebuild the structure and capture up to 4 girls, but then I'm left with no options.
There is nothing to do and I can't interact with anything other than deleting girls to make room for new ones.
Also the UI is cut off on both ends as seen here:
View attachment 1871881

I've read through the thread and deleting the IslanDeityConfig, changing the API or double pressing F to switch from full to windowed screen and back didn't help either.

Either this version is buggy AF or there's something wrong with the UI which might 'hide' a crucial gameplay element from me.
The UI is badly cut off, what's you resolution.

Have you tried pressing F

3.70 star(s) 34 Votes