sharpys

May 21, 2017
Me reading comments after Chapter 1

View attachment 1515778

Me reading comments today after Chapter 2

View attachment 1515779
I know you're trying to make it out as if you're enjoying the critique storm, but long term-wise, it will leave your game's development rather isolated at worst. There are those can fap to it for sure but that's because they're able to hold down the Ctrl button and enjoy it in an abstract concept rather than face value. Without accurate, genuine feedback to digest, it will probably be seen relegated to one of many of F95's abandonment pits in the next year or so.

JoeBlack132

Apr 28, 2021
I don't understand the barrage of criticism towards the developer. Players, users of this site are used to stamped characters (where moms don't look 40-50 years old, but 18. Where their bodies are just as perfect. As if it's not a woman, but a female version of Apollo). And if these people come across something that goes against their tastes and principles, then they just try to shit it.

Good luck to the developer. A very interesting, sexy character. An uncomplicated plot. You won't be spoon-fed here like kittens for years to wait for sexual content. The drawing is good. My respect and support. And all those who bury the game are just used to the same thing. And you've gone beyond that.

Deleted member 1394645

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
I know you're trying to make it out as if you're enjoying the critique storm, but long term-wise, it will leave your game's development rather isolated at worst. There are those can fap to it for sure but that's because they're able to hold down the Ctrl button and enjoy it in an abstract concept rather than face value. Without accurate, genuine feedback to digest, it will probably be seen relegated to one of many of F95's abandonment pits in the next year or so.
Can't agree with your statement. I do not enjoy it. I come to terms with it. And do not forget that I am very open to constructive criticism. These memes are more directed at contentless derogatory comments, from people you can never please. And who, instead of simply ignoring me (which would be more effective to keep me unsuccessful) also extremely bash and try to implement something that does not correspond to my taste at all. By that I mean especially people who don't want to spend a dime, but have extremely high expectations and are even insulting when something free doesn't meet their expectations. As if you try a piece of cheese in the supermarket for free and laugh at the waitress afterwards, insulted, and give her a bad rating , worse yet, you try to explain how to make the cheese properly. But I think it's a question of character, maybe mentality and mental state. I am not a psychologist, I just suspect it.

JoeBlack132

Apr 28, 2021
and about the story. People don't like the fact that the main character engaged in anal sex so early. They are not used to this. But they are used to sodomy, to sex with furies, to incest and so on. People's minds have become so perverted that now they cannot understand where the boundaries of the creator have crossed. Again. There is constructive criticism really on the case. But most of what is written here does not apply to it. Good luck to everyone.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
Can't agree with your statement. I do not enjoy it. I come to terms with it. And do not forget that I am very open to constructive criticism. These memes are more directed at contentless derogatory comments, from people you can never please. And who, instead of simply ignoring me (which would be more effective to keep me unsuccessful) also extremely bash and try to implement something that does not correspond to my taste at all. By that I mean especially people who don't want to spend a dime, but have extremely high expectations and are even insulting when something free doesn't meet their expectations. As if you try a piece of cheese in the supermarket for free and laugh at the waitress afterwards, insulted, and her a bad rating reindrückt, worse yet, you try to explain how to make the cheese properly. But I think it's a question of character, maybe mentality and mental state. I am not a psychologist, I just suspect it.
Well, as long you can remorph the hips, everything else seems standard in comparison to other VNs here. If anatomical deformity is what you're aiming for, I suppose more power to you, but yearlong developments here are very unkind at something so jarring.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Can't agree with your statement. I do not enjoy it. I come to terms with it. And do not forget that I am very open to constructive criticism. These memes are more directed at contentless derogatory comments, from people you can never please. And who, instead of simply ignoring me (which would be more effective to keep me unsuccessful) also extremely bash and try to implement something that does not correspond to my taste at all. By that I mean especially people who don't want to spend a dime, but have extremely high expectations and are even insulting when something free doesn't meet their expectations. As if you try a piece of cheese in the supermarket for free and laugh at the waitress afterwards, insulted, and give her a bad rating , worse yet, you try to explain how to make the cheese properly. But I think it's a question of character, maybe mentality and mental state. I am not a psychologist, I just suspect it.
Yikes. This is exactly what I meant on the last page. 95% percent of these so-called derogatory comments are people simply telling you to fix what is essentially an eyesore on what is an objectively attractive woman to some. The others are pointing out unnecessary, superfluous writing about the mother's past, and the rest are just memeing the borderline retarded proportions of her hips/waist. So, let's put this another way:

You say "By that I mean especially people who don't want to spend a dime, but have extremely high expectations and are even insulting when something free doesn't meet their expectations.". Would you treat the people who are financially supporting you this way? What if they all asked you to change those hips? Are they being derogatory and contentless? That's a double standard, and a slippery one. I suggest you go back and read every comment objectively. Almost all of them are referring to the same thing. That, once again, is the problem. If everyone is saying the same thing, then it isn't just a taste thing. There's real, valuable criticism sitting right in front of you.

Sharpys said it well enough. An attitude like this going to isolate you, and quick. Criticism for any developer, artist, or student is absolutely the key to growth, regardless of what it is. First, you're going to get a reputation as a dev who doesn't listen to players and their feedback. I mean, you're already looking down on/ignoring people who don't enjoy your vision. It won't be long before you're known for it. That will keep people away, and without people, there's no support. With no support/motivation, financial or not, this project eventually falls apart and will be in the abandoned bin before the year ends.

Let's use another restaurant analogy: An owner is making a menu for his new restaurant; he's testing a new dish that he really thinks people will like. There's ten people sitting waiting to eat and critique it. They eat it. 8 of them say it's awful, but 2 really enjoy it. What's the logical decision for that dish? Would you eat something 8 out of 10 couldn't stand? Exactly. But let's say Owner-kun pushes the awful dish anyways, advertises it, and makes it a special for new customers. Many will agree with the 8 of those 10 and the dish drives customers away. They tell others Owner-kun's food sucks and to go somewhere else, bad reviews start popping up, then the bad reputation sticks and the restaurant falls apart. The dish in this case is the mother, and the owner refuses to let his vision not come to be, so he brushes off the 8 for the 2. Just like you're doing with the overwhelming majority of criticisms here. You need thick skin to do this kind of stuff, and if you don't have it, then you should probably get out before you're too far in the red.

Rectory

Sep 3, 2020
Yikes. This is exactly what I meant on the last page. 95% percent of these so-called derogatory comments are people simply telling you to fix what is essentially an eyesore on what is an objectively attractive woman to some. The others are pointing out unnecessary, superfluous writing about the mother's past, and the rest are just memeing the borderline retarded proportions of her hips/waist. So, let's put this another way:

You say "By that I mean especially people who don't want to spend a dime, but have extremely high expectations and are even insulting when something free doesn't meet their expectations.". Would you treat the people who are financially supporting you this way? What if they all asked you to change those hips? Are they being derogatory and contentless? That's a double standard, and a slippery one. I suggest you go back and read every comment objectively. Almost all of them are referring to the same thing. That, once again, is the problem. If everyone is saying the same thing, then it isn't just a taste thing. There's real, valuable criticism sitting right in front of you.

Sharpys said it well enough. An attitude like this going to isolate you, and quick. Criticism for any developer, artist, or student is absolutely the key to growth, regardless of what it is. First, you're going to get a reputation as a dev who doesn't listen to players and their feedback. I mean, you're already looking down on/ignoring people who don't enjoy your vision. It won't be long before you're known for it. That will keep people away, and without people, there's no support. With no support/motivation, financial or not, this project eventually falls apart and will be in the abandoned bin before the year ends.

Let's use another restaurant analogy: An owner is making a menu for his new restaurant; he's testing a new dish that he really thinks people will like. There's ten people sitting waiting to eat and critique it. They eat it. 8 of them say it's awful, but 2 really enjoy it. What's the logical decision for that dish? Would you eat something 8 out of 10 couldn't stand? Exactly. But let's say Owner-kun pushes the awful dish anyways, advertises it, and makes it a special for new customers. Many will agree with the 8 of those 10 and the dish drives customers away. They tell others Owner-kun's food sucks and to go somewhere else, bad reviews start popping up, then the bad reputation sticks and the restaurant falls apart. The dish in this case is the mother, and the owner refuses to let his vision not come to be, so he brushes off the 8 for the 2. Just like you're doing with the overwhelming majority of criticisms here. You need thick skin to do this kind of stuff, and if you don't have it, then you should probably get out before you're too far in the red.
Many games in f95 are still surviving which doesn't won the support of "vocal minority of f95". Some of the games are so hateful to me. But, unfortunately they are also surviving. You know why? Because every damn kink has it's own audience. Yeah, some kinks like romance may get more popular support and kinks like deformity may get less support but the support exists. I dont think dev here would have thought of making tons of money with this
kind of genre and kinks attached to Masha (mother). He already knows these kinks may not make him popular like other "blueballing, vanilla mommy" devs. He is ready for it. His tastes are different and he is doing what he love. If he going to change basic things just to please some more audience, then the game will lose more and more "originality" in future and that will effect badly in a mental way to the dev.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Many games in f95 are still surviving which doesn't won the support of "vocal minority of f95". Some of the games are so hateful to me. But, unfortunately they are also surviving. You know why? Because every damn kink has it's own audience. Yeah, some kinks like romance may get more popular support and kinks like deformity may get less support but the support exists. I dont think dev here would have thought of making tons of money with this
kind of genre and kinks attached to Masha (mother). He already knows these kinks may not make him popular like other "blueballing, vanilla mommy" devs. He is ready for it. His tastes are different and he is doing what he love. If he going to change basic things just to please some more audience, then the game will lose more and more "originality" in future and that will effect badly in a mental way to the dev.
The goalpost keeps being moved, that's the problem. Let's use Raptus as an example; it's a very niche game in a very niche genre with very niche themes. Rape and necrophilia are not popular, and thus doesn't accrue much of a following in either popularity or financial support. What happens? The game hasn't been touched in a year. And that's with an exceedingly welcoming and loyal group of fans. The more niche, the more willing the fans are to support more. Such as furries and/or vore.

You're very much on point of people having their own tastes. I've experienced it first-hand with my own VN. Some don't like multiple protagonists or tattooed women with a lot of piercings, and I get that. Tastes are subjective. I have a thing for tattooed, big tiddy goth chicks, some guys hate ink on women period. And if it were just that in this context, then I'd leave it alone. It isn't my problem.

Okay, so what is it? Is the mother deformed, or does the dev not want her to reflect realism? Because deformity, in and of itself, does essentially reflect realism. And if someone were to have that level of deformity (assuming form birth), then it'd be safe to assume she wouldn't able to have children, and thus no child. Along with what would likely be several other health issues - and a wheelchair. So, maybe dev wanted more stylized characters (e.g. Light of My Life)? Then why does the son look completely normal? Why does the answer keep shifting?

The kinks were never the issue. Every dev is free to do as they please, and I can respect that. He has a vision, and he's free to use his resources and time to actualize it. I don't like it, but some might. That's their prerogative. My problem is the developer turning his nose up at criticism. He derides anyone who makes any criticism or memes the VN, and yet proceeds to meme and deride the players himself, while question the mental maturity of said players. He's convinced himself that people are talking shit just to talk shit, that ungrateful peasants have no place to criticize something they aren't paying. It's not him, it's the 8 out 10 (referring back to the restaurant analogy) that are wrong. Not only is that childish, it's just not a good look for someone trying to sell a product. But I've wasted enough time on this, honestly. I'm sorta over it at this point. I do appreciate you offering a counterargument like an adult, though.

Rectory

Sep 3, 2020
The goalpost keeps being moved, that's the problem. Let's use Raptus as an example; it's a very niche game in a very niche genre with very niche themes. Rape and necrophilia are not popular, and thus doesn't accrue much of a following in either popularity or financial support. What happens? The game hasn't been touched in a year. And that's with an exceedingly welcoming and loyal group of fans. The more niche, the more willing the fans are to support more. Such as furries and/or vore.

You're very much on point of people having their own tastes. I've experienced it first-hand with my own VN. Some don't like multiple protagonists or tattooed women with a lot of piercings, and I get that. Tastes are subjective. I have a thing for tattooed, big tiddy goth chicks, some guys hate ink on women period. And if it were just that in this context, then I'd leave it alone. It isn't my problem.

Okay, so what is it? Is the mother deformed, or does the dev not want her to reflect realism? Because deformity, in and of itself, does essentially reflect realism. And if someone were to have that level of deformity (assuming form birth), then it'd be safe to assume she wouldn't able to have children, and thus no child. Along with what would likely be several other health issues - and a wheelchair. So, maybe dev wanted more stylized characters (e.g. Light of My Life)? Then why does the son look completely normal? Why does the answer keep shifting?

The kinks were never the issue. Every dev is free to do as they please, and I can respect that. He has a vision, and he's free to use his resources and time to actualize it. I don't like it, but some might. That's their prerogative. My problem is the developer turning his nose up at criticism. He derides anyone who makes any criticism or memes the VN, and yet proceeds to meme and deride the players himself, while question the mental maturity of said players. He's convinced himself that people are talking shit just to talk shit, that ungrateful peasants have no place to criticize something they aren't paying. It's not him, it's the 8 out 10 (referring back to the restaurant analogy) that are wrong. Not only is that childish, it's just not a good look for someone trying to sell a product. But I've wasted enough time on this, honestly. I'm sorta over it at this point. I do appreciate you offering a counterargument like an adult, though.
See, I can't talk on because of dev. But as you said kinks are never a problem. So, Mom having a past like mentioned or she having sexual progression with son very soon in a anal way is not the huge prblm here. So, that's what my post is mostly mean. About deformity, im okay with it.. but if dev changes her shape to be a bit more "natural", its okay for me. I just wish mother's character and sexual progression particularly in doing hardcore kinks will stay same and get increased over time (without ntr or sharing).

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
The others are pointing out unnecessary, superfluous writing about the mother's past
Why only the deformity criticisms are valid while the writing criticism is superfluous? Because it's the only one you agree?

I could say that your criticism about the deformity issue is superfluous, but... i'm not a hypocrite.

Reactions: SoiCowboy

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Why only the deformity criticisms are valid while the writing criticism is superfluous? Because it's the only one you agree?

I could say that your criticism about the deformity issue is superfluous, but... i'm not a hypocrite.
Clearly English isn't your first language, so I'll just leave here. Should probably look into definitions before you use words you don't know.

I, myself, never said the writing was superfluous. I said it was the other part of the many criticisms existing in this thread. You know, the part you failed to quote - or read? Writing styles are purely subjective, and not something I'm going to criticize as A) people enjoy different styles and B) the game doesn't have enough content to fairly judge. How could my criticism (which, again, I said was fully a taste thing) be superfluous when literally 99% of this thread is saying the same things? My whole issue was with how the dev is handling it, or lack thereof. But, yeah. . .somehow that makes me a hypocrite? Sure thing.

Reactions: linkinn

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Clearly English isn't your first language, so I'll just leave here. Should probably look into definitions before you use words you don't know.

I, myself, never said the writing was superfluous. I said it was the other part of the many criticisms existing in this thread. You know, the part you failed to quote - or read? Writing styles are purely subjective, and not something I'm going to criticize as A) people enjoy different styles and B) the game doesn't have enough content to fairly judge. How could my criticism (which, again, I said was fully a taste thing) be superfluous when literally 99% of this thread is saying the same things? My whole issue was with how the dev is handling it, or lack thereof. But, yeah. . .somehow that makes me a hypocrite? Sure thing.
You are correct, english isn't my first language (and being almost 30 hours awake isn't helping either) and after your explanation and reading your post again i realized my understanding of it was incorrect... so, i apologize for calling you a hypocrite.

About the deformity i won't get into it because i have nothing to add, i just used it as a counter point to something i misread.

Last edited:

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
OK, I was standing out of the fray on this, but now I have to weigh in.

The writing was not up to my standards so I didn't necessaryly rewrite the VN, I tried to correct the things I thought needed some help. For example, they're not in a "basement", but rather a bunker. I hope the DEV gets with me on future updates. I did add a bit of SoiCowboy Spice to some of the dialog in my MOD. I'm not a Ren'Py guy so I can only do what I can only do.

After "seeing" this game for practically 20 hours of work on the script, I'm getting used to her. There's another game out there that had "different" models, two female daughters, can't remember the name, that were real different. But I got used to them because the writing and story were so good. So, I am enjoying that DEV's story.

The way I see the female character of this VN, is a person who admitted to having a weight problem before the pandemic. She had her husband store her clothing in the bunker when she was of slimmer stature. Fortunately for her, she lost weight consuming MREs for seven months. Now I know that you have known women who carry their weight in different parts of their bodies. The Landlady/Mom character seems to me to have had a weight issue in the past, has grown more slim, but also carries her excess weight below her waistline. Go to Walmart and you'll see what I mean.

So I'm getting used to her, even her face. Do I have Stockholm syndrome? Maybe.

I'm not trying to tell this DEV what to do other than have someone help him with the dialog. But as far as Landlady/Mom, wide hips stay, thigh gap stays, rounder hips would be nice, but not a game changer.

Come on fellows, do all models have to look like the girls from BaDIK?

I wish all the luck in the world to Zeus3DX. I made an honorable mention of you in my MOD when Landlady/Mom was trying on different lingerie. You just so happen to be one of her old boyfriends! :D

Cheers mate!

SoiCowboy

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes