VN Ren'Py It Could Be Worse! [2.4.2] [eHellJay]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

somewherexxx

Jun 15, 2023
According to a roadmap on the site, there's a threesome with Anna as side-story, but nothing with Skum.
That's disappointing.
Women arent usually in habit of picking up stray abandoned dogs ditched by girlfriend. Especially if he has tool like dev made him. That just means he is nobody , useless bum. Should have made it about boss. Power , especially with blonde in tow.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
That's disappointing.
Women arent usually in habit of picking up stray abandoned dogs ditched by girlfriend. Especially if he has tool like dev made him. That just means he is nobody , useless bum. Should have made it about boss. Power , especially with blonde in tow.
To each his own fantasies... and torments!

somewherexxx

Jun 15, 2023
To each his own fantasies... and torments!
That's true. But doesn't mean my statement is false.

Woman sees ditched loner with no friends , it invokes sympathy not arousal.
She sees Boss man with hot woman in tow, she gets curious , interested, jealous, horny.

It's no different than man.

Man sees single woman got ditched by boyfriend, he feels that he wanna bust that guy nose and maybe wishes to flirt if shes attractive.
But if man sees married woman and attractive at that, he wants to conquer her.

and man jerking off on this is simply because of cheating. Its empowering.
But i used a little bit of brain on top and it makes no sense if Boss wasnt in path to me.

Last edited:

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022

She sees Boss man with hot woman in tow, she gets curious , interested, jealous, horny.

Man sees single woman got ditched by boyfriend, he feels that he wanna bust that guy nose and maybe wishes to flirt if shes attractive.

But i used a little bit of brain on top and it makes no sense if Boss wasnt in path to me.
Yeah....
Next drink's on me, man.
:sneaky:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022

whoa whoa whoa ima have to disagree with you there, in my experience theres all the difference in the world between how men and women perceive and act in these situations.

Most guys couldnt give a crap whether a girl is recently dumped or in a relationship (only insofar as it affects the logistics of the chase, but it doesnt affect attraction). A recently dumped girl with low confidence is no more or less hot to most guys, they aren't thinking about that, it's more like: Is she physically hot? Is she kind? Let's go then!

On the other hand, despite any number telling you to the contrary, it makes a MASSIVE difference if a guy is in a relationship or framed by social success. I guarantee the majority of women would be peeved by an ex they dumped then showing up to a mutual party with a supermodel girlfriend.

Whereas, most guys in the same situation: If they dumped a girl because they werent attracted to her - her showing up with a male movie star isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the actual game, disappointing that the narrative basically forces the husband to play a passive role.

Cheating stories are so much hotter when you feel like there's actually something to lose, not just on the invisible rails of the dev guiding towards turbo-slut simulator. Renders look good tho and locations are cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: archoncain

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
whoa whoa whoa ima have to disagree with you there, in my experience theres all the difference in the world between how men and women perceive and act in these situations.

Most guys couldnt give a crap whether a girl is recently dumped or in a relationship (only insofar as it affects the logistics of the chase, but it doesnt affect attraction). A recently dumped girl with low confidence is no more or less hot to most guys, they aren't thinking about that, it's more like: Is she physically hot? Is she kind? Let's go then!

On the other hand, despite any number telling you to the contrary, it makes a MASSIVE difference if a guy is in a relationship or framed by social success. I guarantee the majority of women would be peeved by an ex they dumped then showing up to a mutual party with a supermodel girlfriend.

Whereas, most guys in the same situation: If they dumped a girl because they werent attracted to her - her showing up with a male movie star isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the actual game, disappointing that the narrative basically forces the husband to play a passive role.

Cheating stories are so much hotter when you feel like there's actually something to lose, not just on the invisible rails of the dev guiding towards turbo-slut simulator. Renders look good tho and locations are cool.
But... What's all this crap about men and women behaving in a supposedly systematic, rigorous or rational way? Don't you think you're showing off a bit, guys? We're here to relax, aren't we?

@ProGamerJohnny
If you want to develop a game where the husband thwarts the plans of a predator trying to steal his wife, go ahead and do it! But be careful: you're going to have to test every possible eventuality, otherwise there will always be someone to tell you (especially here) that this or that wasn't possible, plausible or likely. So you've got hours and hours of storyboarding ahead of you.
And wait: all this so that 99% of the players will take the shortest possible route to the scenes where the woman succumbs! And when they don't get there fast enough, they get angry!
That's not what we want. It's a choice we're making.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
But... What's all this crap about men and women behaving in a supposedly systematic, rigorous or rational way? Don't you think you're showing off a bit, guys? We're here to relax, aren't we?

@ProGamerJohnny
If you want to develop a game where the husband thwarts the plans of a predator trying to steal his wife, go ahead and do it! But be careful: you're going to have to test every possible eventuality, otherwise there will always be someone to tell you (especially here) that this or that wasn't possible, plausible or likely. So you've got hours and hours of storyboarding ahead of you.
And wait: all this so that 99% of the players will take the shortest possible route to the scenes where the woman succumbs! And when they don't get there fast enough, they get angry!
That's not what we want. It's a choice we're making.
On the contrary, I want a game where the wife DOES succumb. I want that as well.

The difference is when the main husband is pidgeonholed into an unlikeable doormat character, there's less sexual thrill from the cheating events because she's already emotionally checked out of the relationship.

And that's just it, you're not making a choice here. That's my precise complaint. I WANT to make a choice to have her cheat, but here, it's on rails, the player really has no autonomy - all the 'pro husband' decisions simply delay the inevitable, instead of genuinely shaping the story elsewhere.

I hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Arra64 and Nurikabe

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
On the contrary, I want a game where the wife DOES succumb. I want that as well.

The difference is when the main husband is pidgeonholed into an unlikeable doormat character, there's less sexual thrill from the cheating events because she's already emotionally checked out of the relationship.

And that's just it, you're not making a choice here. That's my precise complaint. I WANT to make a choice to have her cheat, but here, it's on rails, the player really has no autonomy - all the 'pro husband' decisions simply delay the inevitable, instead of genuinely shaping the story elsewhere.

I hope that makes sense.
So, what would be interesting would be the whole build-up of the character of the doting husband, kind, caring and deserving, but powerless against the inevitable (autonomy would then be in vain).
Yes, it makes sense. But it requires a kind of masochistic tendency that we don't really have.

We tried to do violence to ourselves with episode 3 of Think Twice (Orlando). The husband is a nice guy who wants to help the young ephebe get started in life by taking him in. He's no fool (he's an engineer), he has a painful past (he lost his family in a car accident) and his wife is loving. The kind of guy who certainly doesn't deserve to be cuckolded. We tried to make him just suspicious enough, but not too suspicious, and to make his wife give in slowly to his clumsiness and shortcomings in bed.
It was a flop! We must have missed something...
In our defense, it's not all we have to do, and the time we devote to these games can quickly become excessive. As a result, beyond a certain degree of complexity, we're taking it easy!
But thanks for the intelligent and constructive comments, man. (y)

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Reactions: MisterG

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
You've been fooled: Carnal temptations is a pale copy of ICBW. Read the thread, get informed! The guy who did it is probably a follower of the dev on Patreon at the time. Nice example of "How to rewrite history".
WOW! If that is the case, that is a flat-out copy! I will say that the animations were nice.
It's odd...I just started playing this new update and the game is new.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
WOW! If that is the case, that is a flat-out copy! I will say that the animations were nice.
It's odd...I just started playing this new update and the game is new.
"...this new update", "...the game is new." ??? :unsure:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
"...this new update", "...the game is new." ??? :unsure:
Looking at his website, I can't tell what is going on. There is a v2.5? I had no idea there was a v2.3!

If you play the original of this one, it follows the couple to the party and it ends with the predatory coworker screwing the wife. I still have it on my computer and play it once in a while, which is what brought me to this page to see if there was any news about a new game or anything from this dev.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Looking at his website, I can't tell what is going on. There is a v2.5? I had no idea there was a v2.3!

If you play the original of this one, it follows the couple to the party and it ends with the predatory coworker screwing the wife. I still have it on my computer and play it once in a while, which is what brought me to this page to see if there was any news about a new game or anything from this dev.
To cut a long story short... The original is eHellJay's ICBW. It was a short story that stopped at the end of the evening. But players wanted more and the dev patrons asked for a sequel. The dev finished what he was doing (ThinkTwice) before developing a sequel (ICBW 2). In the meantime, this Weasty guy, who was probably one of the dev's patrons, released his plagiarism directly from the original game's source code (he even left some original names!!!). He was spotted and scorned a bit, and cut his losses.
ICBW 1.1.0 (original): 2022-01-09
Carnal temptation 1.0: 2022-06-23
ICBW 2.1.0 (sequel): 2022-09-18

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes