VN Ren'Py It Could Be Worse! [2.4.2] [eHellJay]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
Great premise and nice renders. Unfortunately the English is phrased so that it is impossible to discern the inpact of many of the responses. And there is no indication after the choice as to potential consequences. This makes it all feel a bit random.
English is not my first language. I am a French speaker (nobody is perfect...). As the 'gameplay' is very very simple, I tried to put some subtle choices in a story that was not subtle at all. It's probably a mistake: I should have had my texts proofread! So I take your constructive remark, which will annoy me a bit for the next games, even if they are much longer and more complex.
On the other hand, I have an existing option that gives an immediate feedback on the choices. I can activate it. But wouldn't that become too easy?

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
Ok now I can progress the scene in the "orange light room", but the last scene doesn't trigger. I have tried many combination with dialogues. Are you sure it can be triggered somehow ?
I don’t get it! Could you describe the bug more precisely, or explain what you expect?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You are right in the position you need to be.
Starting wee little for most of us, looney toons skunk was the frenchie
who wanted to woe girls all the time.
Be the frenchie with the sleazeball ... go overboard.
This girl we are supposed to guide through the game has a hard choice:
Go the easy route and let the sleazeball get all over her,
or hold her ground and win her partner over.

Just like in a male perspective, one can win his wife over or go with the whore.

The phrasing of the overview and the pics plastered all over dedicated sites
all imply this is the game where she goes the easy route - the sleazeball.

Again, the sleazeball can be the model type, because sholuld you not know it,
being good looking or having the looks to have panties drop does not make you
a good person, it drives you into a sociopat who abuses women, or if you are a girl,
you could simply make horrible fun of any male too weak to think on his feet.

We already have way more pungnant games of girls taking advantage of anyone they meet.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
English is not my first language. I am a French speaker (nobody is perfect...). As the 'gameplay' is very very simple, I tried to put some subtle choices in a story that was not subtle at all. It's probably a mistake: I should have had my texts proofread! So I take your constructive remark, which will annoy me a bit for the next games, even if they are much longer and more complex.
On the other hand, I have an existing option that gives an immediate feedback on the choices. I can activate it. But wouldn't that become too easy?
Short of a couple grammatical errors I understood the subtlety in the dialogue, and I am a native English speaker. I think that I could have managed an ending where Thomas got what he wanted. I prefer a Nat who, while she may be intrigued and may pursue something with Thomas, wants to keep her honor intact.

Please don't dumb down the subtlety, it's the best thing about the game.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I don't know why but I can't enjoy this type of stories. Cheating and cuckholding are definitely not what I look for in these VNs.

About the game, I feel there are too many choices for the size of the content and it breaks the immersion.
One thing for sure: after playing both Loyalty and the Cheating routes, I was surprised that they actually mattered in the end and it actually has two different ends. Congratulations there.
The renders are pretty good as are the girls. Good setting with the bar. The BF got drunk kind of fast which is bit too
convenient.
Although, as I said, these stories aren't my thing, I'll definitely try the next update. Maybe I'll be surprised and there will more to this story than cuckholding. Sorry to the fans ;)

Thank you and the best of luck.

P.S. You should add more tags.

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
can you put a meter for the wife in the corner that would show you the choices make her lean toward cheating or being faithful, because alot of your choices dont make much sense and i cant get thomas to drive them home.

Reactions: cho'gall

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
can you put a meter for the wife in the corner that would show you the choices make her lean toward cheating or being faithful, because alot of your choices dont make much sense and i cant get thomas to drive them home.
Read more carefully. It's a very subtle game but you can see where it's going without the Dev having to dumb it down.

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
I don't know why but I can't enjoy this type of stories. Cheating and cuckholding are definitely not what I look for in these VNs.

About the game, I feel there are too many choices for the size of the content and it breaks the immersion.
One thing for sure: after playing both Loyalty and the Cheating routes, I was surprised that they actually mattered in the end and it actually has two different ends. Congratulations there.
The renders are pretty good as are the girls. Good setting with the bar. The BF got drunk kind of fast which is bit too
convenient.
Although, as I said, these stories aren't my thing, I'll definitely try the next update. Maybe I'll be surprised and there will more to this story than cuckholding. Sorry to the fans ;)

Thank you and the best of luck.

P.S. You should add more tags.
As far as I know, apart from two kisses, one of which was stolen, there is still no cuckolding in the strict sense in this game. There are two different endings, but if one is definitive (game over), the other one is only an open door for the continuation. However, there is nothing to say that the female protagonist will let herself be totally seduced and fuck the handsome guy, only one hour after having kissed him for the first time! The game may be simple but maybe not that simple!

Reactions: DavDR

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
As far as I know, apart from two kisses, one of which was stolen, there is still no cuckolding in the strict sense in this game. There are two different endings, but if one is definitive (game over), the other one is only an open door for the continuation. However, there is nothing to say that the female protagonist will let herself be totally seduced and fuck the handsome guy, only one hour after having kissed him for the first time! The game may be simple but maybe not that simple!
Well, I don't like both of them so going home alone will be my main playthrough at this stage. I like female protagonist games
even those where she as MC does all the nasty stuff and it's not dumb as rock but I definitely prefer when she's not in a relationship. Those where she is, I drop if I don't get the choice to loose the BF, husband of whatever. It's a good thing we all have different tastes. I guess we will see where this one is going but from what I've seen, I won't get my hopes up.

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
I have to confess something: I didn't submit my game to F95zone, I only published it on , because I thought it was not very well done. But a few hours later, it was here!
I take the opportunity of this post to thank Jeevant for doing it, but he took me by surprise! There are a lot of things I don't know yet, like adding correct tags, changing the comments on the versions, etc... Well, a lot of useful and important things.
I'll try to figure out how to do it, but if some kind soul could tell me how to do it, that would be extremely nice.
I will of course send a message to Jeevant-my-benefactor about this.
Anyway, thanks to all of you for your comments, many of them kind (the others I sit on).

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes