VN Ren'Py It Could Be Worse! [2.4.2] [eHellJay]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Walkthrough please? How do I get the sex scene?

Actually I think the game is bugged. I followed the walkthrough on page 3 and the game still abruptly ends in the car when Natasha says "I'm sure you will".

Last edited:

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
I couldn't get the kiss, I had to change this:

to this:

It would make sense, I was tempting so it should continue and not jump to SC24.
You're right. I get a comment yesterday about this bug and uploaded an upgrade at . Download version 1.0.2 to play a "clean" one. But don't bother with this now. Part 2 is coming very soon (today or tomorrow). It will explain, in a prequel, why the three main protagonists acted asthey did. Then you will decide what Natasha does (or not).

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
This game is good so far.

You missed two jumps, one for the first kiss in the separee, the second jump for the ride home with Thomas and what occurs there.

The general pace and writing of the story are good, also the choices, they seem to be natural and genuine. But, as was already mentioned, the dialogues are often identical for all choices, so instead of only having one or two sentences per choice before merging back into the "main storyline", it'd be nice to have some more dialogues that revolve around / explore the answer given, or that just lead to different lines of dialogue.

Graphics are good and not too dark.

Maybe some thoughts about the general mechanics:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And some thoughts about the story itself, those are however subjective and just mirror my personal preferences:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It all makes sense. However, as I have written elsewhere, this game was not intended from the start to be complex and elaborate, but technically coherent and short. I know this may seem frustrating to you, but this game is not going to be more than what it is.
I have two other much longer stories in the pipeline. One will cross three destinies in the Caribbean, and the other in the Mediterranean, more like this one, will confront a woman with the pushiness of her husband.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
So, does anything actually happen after they get in the car together? Even with the new version, and following the wt posted earlier, I can't get past this.

But maybe the WT was wrong, since it wasn't posted by the dev. Indeed, quite a few of the choices seemed like the wrong choices to encourage them. (For example, I took "If I was single... It would be a very nice way to get to know each other better!" to mean that she is mentally shutting him down because she is not single. Right after this, "I must look like a fool. What is he to think?" seems similarly negative.) Like I said earlier, too much of the dialogue is ambiguous to be able to tell if you are heading in the right direction. On the one hand that is quite cool because it mimics the abiguity of real life (and shows why I am so rubbish at picking anyone up) but on the other hand is frustrating in a game.

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
I just download the version 1.0.2 and followed the WT. After the last answer (I'm sure you will) it shows the screen "End of part 1".
What can I do more?
I don't see a screen with "end of part 1" after "I'm sure you will". It just directly goes to the main menu. Also I extracted the assets and saw sex scenes in the apartment, so I assumed they are part of the game? Or did you not implement them yet?

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
I don't see a screen with "end of part 1" after "I'm sure you will". It just directly goes to the main menu. Also I extracted the assets and saw sex scenes in the apartment, so I assumed they are part of the game? Or did you not implement them yet?
IMO you clicked too fast and skip the final screen. Anyway that's not important... Part 2 is coming very soon, with all the scenes you already saw (it was a mistake to include them in the first distrib), but integrated into the complete story. Have fun!

Reactions: JadeKitten

mike7jordan

Jul 30, 2017
I thought, I couldn't progress because my English not good enough. But the same thing happened to me :)

You mean the scene in the secluded living room, I guess.
I just checked once again and... you're right. It's a stupid programming error !
As you may see, I'm a real newbie... I fix that and upload a new version.
I just still have to learn how to manage versions...
Many thx !

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes